PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo Slice is gonna fight Tank Abbott on TVU in a little while.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Channel 61886

Chiefster
02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll try to tune into this one; had problems with cox last time.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 11:45 PM
The fight is starting right now.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 11:53 PM
That was quick.

chief31
02-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Channel 61886

Way to inform HH.:D Who won? And how?

hermhater
02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Way to inform HH.:D Who won? And how?

Well I didn't know if people were gonna tune in after the fight (they show it over and over, it's probably still playing.)!

Kimbo knocked Tank out in 47 seconds of the first round.

This was after he knocked him to the ground and beat him in the back of the head with 3 SOLID blows.

Blows to the back of the head are illegal in MMA and all Kimbo got was a warning, whereas during a fight earlier in the night some guy hit his opponent in the back of the head just once he got a point taken away from him.

There was no doubt Kimbo was gonna win the fight, just wondering how he got away with those illegal punches.

DrunkHillbilly
02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Just like I said in the other post pertaining to this fight! Abbott is OVERRATED!!!!!!

hermhater
02-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Just like I said in the other post pertaining to this fight! Abbott is OVERRATED!!!!!!

I doubt anyone would say he is overrated with a record of something like 8-14!

Everyone pretty much agreed he was gonna get the crap beat out of him!

He has absolutely no conditioning, and I can't think of anyone who might be able to stand and trade strikes with him!

Besides that Tank is an ***, that has no respect for his opponents. At least Kimbo respects those dudes he kicks that sh!t out of!

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Good thing is was on a pay channel; advertisers would have been hatin the length of that fight.

hermhater
02-18-2008, 01:30 AM
Good thing is was on a pay channel; advertisers would have been hatin the length of that fight.

I have a feeling that most of Kimbos fights are gonna end that quickly.

Unless someone can take him down and do some jujitsu on him.

chief31
02-18-2008, 02:13 AM
I have a feeling that most of Kimbos fights are gonna end that quickly.

Unless someone can take him down and do some jujitsu on him.

I remember Vitor Belfort tearing through eveyone and looking unbeatable for a while. Someone will jsut have to weather the storm with defense, and, like you said, beat him with grappling.

Although, Belfort got his while standing up. He just didn't have the longevity to keep up his wicked pace. Then Randy Cotour just won a boxing match with a one-trick-pony whose one trick had been stymied.

hermhater
02-18-2008, 10:30 AM
I remember Vitor Belfort tearing through eveyone and looking unbeatable for a while. Someone will jsut have to weather the storm with defense, and, like you said, beat him with grappling.

Although, Belfort got his while standing up. He just didn't have the longevity to keep up his wicked pace. Then Randy Cotour just won a boxing match with a one-trick-pony whose one trick had been stymied.

Kimbo isn't fighting in the UFC yet.

He is facing the second class fighters in EliteXC (the fighting organization for Showtime), who probably won't have the ability to stand up to him in a fist fight.

I have yet to see Kimbo take a kick to the head, but I've never even seen him really phased by a punch to the head.

I'm not sure if that organization has champions yet.

DrunkHillbilly
02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
I doubt anyone would say he is overrated with a record of something like 8-14!

Everyone pretty much agreed he was gonna get the crap beat out of him!

He has absolutely no conditioning, and I can't think of anyone who might be able to stand and trade strikes with him!

Besides that Tank is an ***, that has no respect for his opponents. At least Kimbo respects those dudes he kicks that sh!t out of!
My point exactly! You always hear people talking about how much of a badass he is. Record proves otherwise!

hermhater
02-18-2008, 10:47 AM
My point exactly! You always hear people talking about how much of a badass he is. Record proves otherwise!

Who is always talking about how much of a bad *** he is?

He hasn't done anything since there were no rules in the Octagon.

He was the reason they put the first rule in the UFC.

No fish hooks!

Without dirty fighting (which is cool in a street fight) he is nothing better than a bully. No skills, just brute strength, and no skill.

DrunkHillbilly
02-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I watch some sort of fighting every night at some point. I always hear guys talking about not wanting to get into the ring with Abbott because of this or that. Whether it's his size, punch, strength or whatever. He's a meaner version of Lesnar. No skill as you said. Get em off balance anf their DUN!

hermhater
02-18-2008, 11:03 AM
I watch some sort of fighting every night at some point. I always hear guys talking about not wanting to get into the ring with Abbott because of this or that. Whether it's his size, punch, strength or whatever. He's a meaner version of Lesnar. No skill as you said. Get em off balance anf their DUN!

Then those guys haven't seen him fight in awhile!

Don't get me wrong, I would never fight the dude, but he is no match for guys who have been training in the sport.

m0ef0e
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Abbott looked flabby and out of shape. His hands were also incredibly slow. It looked like the 12-oz. curl was the only method he used to train for this fight.

Canada
02-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Abbott looked flabby and out of shape. His hands were also incredibly slow. It looked like the 12-oz. curl was the only method he used to train for this fight.

heh...that is what I use...although I am not gonna fight Kimbo!! :D

....unless he ain't a Chiefs fan!! :fighting0030: