PDA

View Full Version : The NOT gonna happen list.

KcBigChief
02-18-2008, 12:03 AM
First off I'd like to say this is for all of us HOPEFULL chief fans who see great free agents that seam as though they would make a good fit for this team go to other teams instead. Infact there is'nt even much talk usually that we show even a little interest in these players, period. So, with that said here is my list of NOT gonna happen....and not even gonna be considered by organization.

1. Donavon Mcnabb. Kc will go into 08 with Brodie as the starter and Damon Huard his back-up. 3rd string will be a late 5-6 rounder who Peterson will say was a "no brainer" choice at that spot. Later cut.

2. Chad Johnson. Unfortionately Jonnie Morton blew any chance of KC taking chances on HIGH profile recievers in Free agency. Draft has been a horrible place for kc when looking for recievers outside of Bowe. Still, that is once again where KC will depend on finding quality help at the positon. Kennison, parker, webb all need to be cut. Webb and Parker have had 3 yr's to prove something...we got nothing. Johnson would be HUGE but he would not agree to come here anyway. EVERYONE in the league know's Brodie is a bust Except KC.

3. OK, I'm gonna just stop calling names out and just put it simple. Any Quality free agent over the age of 24 who could be a possitive, imidiate answer at there respectable position upgrading the roster and improving our team overnight. KC not interested.........

Don't ask me why, ask Carl Paterson.

It is what it is. '08 is going to be a very young football team. The only Vet's are going to be the ones who already exist (if they survive cut's). I do think there is a chance we go after free agent's on the O-line. i think we will draft Long (michigan) and fill spots with young free agents at O-line.

'09 we will have dumped Peterson, there goes Herm.....We go after a new young coach who will take this young team and install some great veteran's who can help lead this team back to the play-offs.

Kc wins it's first playoff game again in 2010.

I'll be there smilin.

Bigchief.....:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
02-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Johnnie Morton vs Chad Johnson?

No comparison.

tammietailgator
02-18-2008, 12:28 AM
I really don't feel like we need any receivers - I think any team with good coaching can make good receivers. Maybe with one good draft pick on that end and work with what we have will suffice if the coaches know what they are doing. That on the other hand is putting a lot of trust in them. But concentrating on our o line is the biggest issue.

texaschief
02-18-2008, 12:37 AM
If this team is as young as you think and this team is anywhere close to .500, Herm definitely won't be gone. Peterson, maybe but i doubt it. I think Hunt will give these guys the benifit of the doubt and let the young roster mature.

I've said it before; it's gonna take 4 or 5 years to truly rebuild this team to the point where we're perennial SB contenders. The key thing you should look at is the comments from Hunt that say him and Edwards are on the same page when it comes to philosophy.

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 12:45 AM
First off I'd like to say this is for all of us HOPEFULL chief fans who see great free agents that seam as though they would make a good fit for this team go to other teams instead. Infact there is'nt even much talk usually that we show even a little interest in these players, period. So, with that said here is my list of NOT gonna happen....and not even gonna be considered by organization.

1. Donavon Mcnabb. Kc will go into 08 with Brodie as the starter and Damon Huard his back-up. 3rd string will be a late 5-6 rounder who Peterson will say was a "no brainer" choice at that spot. Later cut.

2. Chad Johnson. Unfortionately Jonnie Morton blew any chance of KC taking chances on HIGH profile recievers in Free agency. Draft has been a horrible place for kc when looking for recievers outside of Bowe. Still, that is once again where KC will depend on finding quality help at the positon. Kennison, parker, webb all need to be cut. Webb and Parker have had 3 yr's to prove something...we got nothing. Johnson would be HUGE but he would not agree to come here anyway. EVERYONE in the league know's Brodie is a bust Except KC.

3. OK, I'm gonna just stop calling names out and just put it simple. Any Quality free agent over the age of 24 who could be a possitive, imidiate answer at there respectable position upgrading the roster and improving our team overnight. KC not interested.........

It is what it is. '08 is going to be a very young football team. The only Vet's are going to be the ones who already exist (if they survive cut's). I do think there is a chance we go after free agent's on the O-line. i think we will draft Long (michigan) and fill spots with young free agents at O-line.

'09 we will have dumped Peterson, there goes Herm.....We go after a new young coach who will take this young team and install some great veteran's who can help lead this team back to the play-offs.

I'll be there smilin.

2008 is going to as long a season as 2007 was.

tammietailgator
02-18-2008, 12:47 AM
If this team is as young as you think and this team is anywhere close to .500, Herm definitely won't be gone. Peterson, maybe but i doubt it. I think Hunt will give these guys the benifit of the doubt and let the young roster mature.

I've said it before; it's gonna take 4 or 5 years to truly rebuild this team to the point where we're perennial SB contenders. The key thing you should look at is the comments from Hunt that say him and Edwards are on the same page when it comes to philosophy.
I hope we don't have to wait THAT long, but as a fan I am willing to withstand the rebuild for as long as it takes.:D
(I have been told, that we fans have a extreme tolerance for pain)

chief31
02-18-2008, 12:49 AM

I'll be there smilin.

One minor detail. Jeff Webb has only been here for two years. Still two years without showing anything, but not three years.

Good write-up, but I don't think we need, or can afford, any of the high-profile WRs, or Qbs that might get mentioned.

Croyle might be a bust. But I will need to see him play with an NFL offense before I would be willing to throw him into that catergory.

DT Albert Haynesworth, anybody? The Titans should wind-up tagging him, but if not, then he will be an UFA.

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 12:51 AM
I hope we don't have to wait THAT long, but as a fan I am willing to withstand the rebuild for as long as it takes.:D
(I have been told, that we fans have a extreme tolerance for pain)

As fans we all have precious little choice.

hermhater
02-18-2008, 01:08 AM

The worst part of this entire situation.

hermhater
02-18-2008, 01:24 AM
One minor detail. Jeff Webb has only been here for two years. Still two years without showing anything, but not three years.

Good write-up, but I don't think we need, or can afford, any of the high-profile WRs, or Qbs that might get mentioned.

Croyle might be a bust. But I will need to see him play with an NFL offense before I would be willing to throw him into that catergory.

DT Albert Haynesworth, anybody? The Titans should wind-up tagging him, but if not, then he will be an UFA.

Haynesworth is awesome, but could we get him cheaper than those other positions you mentioned getting big namer players?

chief31
02-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Haynesworth is awesome, but could we get him cheaper than those other positions you mentioned getting big namer players?

If he goes unresticted, then it would just be a contract. No loss of picks. (I think.)

Coach
02-18-2008, 03:56 PM

I agree he will get tagged. But if not, he will command top dollar. He is awesome, but I think I would rather see the Chiefs spend some of that money in other places.

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I agree he will get tagged. But if not, he will command top dollar. He is awesome, but I think I would rather see the Chiefs spend some of that money in other places.

Yup, we don't need another expensive quick temporary fix. It's like putting a Band-Aid on an injured hemophiliac.

Canada
02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Yup, we don't need another expensive quick temporary fix. It's like putting a Band-Aid on an injured hemophiliac.

It's true...that never works!! :D

chief31
02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't view Haynesworth as a band aid, so much as some kind of mana elixer, or one of those med kits that do such wonders for Lara Croft.

:lol:

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 08:08 PM
It's true...that never works!! :D

I know you would know! :D

I wouldn't view Haynesworth as a band aid, so much as some kind of mana elixer, or one of those med kits that do such wonders for Lara Croft.

As long as we don't have to pay an arm and a leg for him I guess.

AkChief49
02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Haynesworth has been tagged by Tennessee according to NFL network.

m0ef0e
02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Haynesworth has been tagged by Tennessee according to NFL network.

Meh. Good. I've always thought that guy was a piece of crap for spiking that guy's face in '06. I would just as soon not have to cheer for chumps like that because they are on my team.

chief31
02-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Meh. Good. I've always thought that guy was a piece of crap for spiking that guy's face in '06. I would just as soon not have to cheer for chumps like that because they are on my team.

Agreed. And he did something at the beginning of last season that ticked me off too. But there is no way to deny his abilities. It would have been tough to pass on that kind of a force in the middle of the D-line. For me anyway.

YZILLA
02-20-2008, 09:52 AM
I for one like Webb and I predict he will do great things for us . At least put him on Kick returns , He cant do any worse than that loser from detroit that Herm thought he had to have . Man Phinisee looked really good compared to Drummond also , too bad we screwed the pooch on that guy too.

m0ef0e
02-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Agreed. And he did something at the beginning of last season that ticked me off too. But there is no way to deny his abilities. It would have been tough to pass on that kind of a force in the middle of the D-line. For me anyway.

Yeah. I probably wouldn't be able pass him up either but I am kind of relieved that I don't have to cheer for that a-hole.

AkChief49
02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Agreed. And he did something at the beginning of last season that ticked me off too. But there is no way to deny his abilities. It would have been tough to pass on that kind of a force in the middle of the D-line. For me anyway.Agreed, I think we still need a "solid" player at each level of the D. Especially a run stopper up front!!:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Absolutely agree!

hermhater
02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Absolutely agree!

You'd agree with me, if it could get you a post, whore!

Canada
02-21-2008, 09:04 AM
You'd agree with me, if it could get you a post, whore!

hahahaha you calling someone a post whore, whats next...makin fun of someone for being short!! :lol:

texaschief
02-21-2008, 09:22 AM
hahahaha you calling someone a post whore, whats next...makin fun of someone for being short!! :lol:

....heh, wow.

Chiefster
02-21-2008, 10:09 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

I would say it's like: "...the kettle calling the pot black", but I'm quite certain the the term "pot" would only confuse him.

wolfpack
02-23-2008, 09:47 AM
going young is great. they say 3 to 5 years for a superbowl team. i say that mightbe great also except,,, i dont think the fans will go for abunch of losing seasons unless they show promise. lack of fan support means less $ in clarkie`s wallet so if they keep on the path will surprise me.
And the second thing is by the time these young players get good, their contracts willbe up and they`ll want out of K.C.
wolfpack

hermhater
02-23-2008, 01:25 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

I would say it's like: "...the kettle calling the pot black", but I'm quite certain the the term "pot" would only confuse him.

Get off my grass! :D

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Get off my grass! :D

Ok I'll just burn up yer weed for ya. :D

Canada
02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Ok I'll just burn up yer weed for ya. :D

whoa whoa whoa....what the hell is going on??

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 09:49 AM
whoa whoa whoa....what the hell is going on??

play on words; I gues I should have said "weeds" instead. :lol:

Canada
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
play on words; I gues I should have said "weeds" instead. :lol:

Scared me there for a second. :beer:

hermhater
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Glad we got that straightened out!

:yahoo:

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 12:18 AM
What are we talking about, again???

hermhater
02-27-2008, 03:04 AM
What are we talking about, again???

The quality of mercy is not strain'd, It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore, Jew,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
That, in the course of justice, none of us
Should see salvation: we do pray for mercy;
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy. I have spoke thus much
To mitigate the justice of thy plea;
Which if thou follow, this strict court of Venice
Must needs give sentence 'gainst the merchant there.

For you liberal arts majors!

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 07:53 AM
For you liberal arts majors!

Danged Liberals!!! :11: :D

texaschief
02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
looks like Asante Samuel will be the newest addition to the New Orleans Saints.

0 for 2

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 12:13 AM

0 for 2

...But of course.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:14 AM

0 for 2

What the hell are the Chiefs doing?

Do they think that we will have a team with only 20 players on it??

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 01:23 AM
What the hell are the Chiefs doing?

Do they think that we will have a team with only 20 players on it??

Gotta wait for the guys that won't get drafted and sign them as rookie free agents.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Gotta wait for the guys that won't get drafted and sign them as rookie free agents.

Sounds about right with Herm and CP.

:mob:

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Sounds about right with Herm and CP.

:mob:

SIGN JUSTIN SMITH AND MAKE HIM A DT PLEASE!!!
:toast2:

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:37 AM
SIGN JUSTIN SMITH AND MAKE HIM A DT PLEASE!!!

Who's that?

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Who's that?

DE from Cinci, played for Mizzou. Very underrated.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:40 AM
DE from Cinci, played for Mizzou. Very underrated.

He's from Mizzou?

Good enough for me!

Sign him up! :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 08:23 AM
He's from Mizzou?

Good enough for me!

Sign him up! :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

I don't care where he went to school as long as he can play.

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Dude can play...but I'm still holding out that the 49ers will grab him.

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Dude can play...but I'm still holding out that the 49ers will grab him.

The Niners will probably grab him up; Carl is too stupid to recognize truly talented people.

texaschief
02-28-2008, 05:25 PM
perfect thread for this suggestion cuz it's never gonna happen....BUT:

I'm trading a 5th and 6th round pick for Pacman. Takes care of one CB spot and kick return needs.

While I'm at it, I'm trading our first round pick to the 'Boys for both thier first rounders and their 2nd round pick.

With the extra first rounder i'm taking an OT and CB. In the second, i'm thinking OL and QB/CB/OLB(best available).

Any takers? :lol:

Canada
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Don't forget your two first rounders for trading away JA!!

texaschief
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Don't forget your two first rounders for trading away JA!!

can't do that anymore. if he signs with another team, we just get one pick this season.

hermhater
02-29-2008, 01:23 AM
perfect thread for this suggestion cuz it's never gonna happen....BUT:

I'm trading a 5th and 6th round pick for Pacman. Takes care of one CB spot and kick return needs.

While I'm at it, I'm trading our first round pick to the 'Boys for both thier first rounders and their 2nd round pick.

With the extra first rounder i'm taking an OT and CB. In the second, i'm thinking OL and QB/CB/OLB(best available).

Any takers? :lol:

You should be asking Carl that question.

I actually don't have that big of a problem with your suggestion.

:sign0098:

texaschief
02-29-2008, 02:03 PM
there was an article this morning that the Chiefs were going to look at signing C Jeff Faine. Well, he just signed with the Bucs, so that's not gonna happen either.

hermhater
02-29-2008, 02:45 PM
The Chiefs are getting rid of the entire team, and letting all the good FA's get signed.

What type of strategy is this?

royalswin100games
02-29-2008, 03:06 PM
there was an article this morning that the Chiefs were going to look at signing C Jeff Faine. Well, he just signed with the Bucs, so that's not gonna happen either.

Unfortunate. What other centers are available?

royalswin100games
02-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Jerry Porter signed for 6 years with the Jags. He would've been a good compliment to Bowe. What the heck is going on with leaving this team in shambles? I guess "rebuilding" means more to CP and Herm than winning.

texaschief
02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
The Chiefs are getting rid of the entire team, and letting all the good FA's get signed.

well, it's not like they're letting anyone of real substance go in the first place. I mean, who have we really cut that would have made an impact this upcoming season?

texaschief
02-29-2008, 04:26 PM

Which "good" FAs would WANT to come here in the first place? The year for signing IMPACT FAs isn't going to be this season. This season, you're going to see the Chiefs rebuild thru the draft and then next season you'll see the Chiefs, who will have even more cap room, go after bigger FAs.

This team was 4-12. If you are in the prime of your career, would you want to risk the rest of your career with a team who didn't show much last season and is unsettled at QB and OL?

texaschief
02-29-2008, 04:29 PM
i can't remember where i put this, but it looks like Shaun Rogers has officially been traded to the Bengals and NOT the Broncos like was previously reported.

rbedgood
02-29-2008, 05:05 PM
i can't remember where i put this, but it looks like Shaun Rogers has officially been traded to the Bengals and NOT the Broncos like was previously reported.

Wow, that's a good pickup for the Bengals...Rogers will fit well into Marvin Lewis' philosphy, and they needed a run-stopper.

texaschief
02-29-2008, 09:24 PM

nevermind....the trade has apparently fallen thru and the Lions are seeking to trade Rogers elsewhere, so he's still an option for the Broncs.

hermhater
02-29-2008, 09:30 PM
nevermind....the trade has apparently fallen thru and the Lions are seeking to trade Rogers elsewhere, so he's still an option for the Broncs.

That sucks.

I hate the Broncs.

texaschief
02-29-2008, 09:46 PM
new rumor is that he still may be on his way to Ohio....only this time, it could be Cleveland.

AkChief49
02-29-2008, 11:48 PM
That sucks.

I hate the Broncs.DONKS HH,:D it's the DONKS:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-01-2008, 12:10 AM
dumbass

hermhater
03-01-2008, 12:35 AM
DONKS HH,:D it's the DONKS:bananen_smilies046:

I was quoting texaschief, blame him.

I got it from watching him, ok?

:biggrin:

dumbass

The Donks are dumb asses!

Good call!

chief31
03-01-2008, 01:39 AM

The Browns were supposed to have been all but finished making that deal, according to ESPN right before I left for work tonight.

hermhater
03-01-2008, 02:54 AM
The Browns were supposed to have been all but finished making that deal, according to ESPN right before I left for work tonight.

As you're a mod on this site, I ponder the question of whether you should quit your job and make it a full time priority to cover any trade that might POSSIBLY effect the Chiefs next year.

Get on it!

:11: :lol:

jakesmith
03-01-2008, 10:05 AM

Guess ESPN was wrong Rogers signed with the Browns

texaschief
03-01-2008, 07:54 PM

:sign0153:

hermhater
03-02-2008, 03:57 AM
:sign0153:

What kind of explanation is that?

Did he or not?

chief31
03-03-2008, 05:43 AM

It's ok jake, it happens to the best of us. :lol:

Yes HH, Rogers is now with Cleveland. They also made a deal for Packers' DT Corey Williams. (6'4", 320 lbs.)

That is an awefully big pair of DTs. But with a 3-4 defense, at least one of them will be playing DE. I believe that Ted Washington is still there too. (6'5", 375 lbs.)

Chiefster
03-03-2008, 02:31 PM

Yes HH, Rogers is now with Cleveland. They also made a deal for Packers' DT Corey Williams. (6'4", 320 lbs.)

That is an awefully big pair of DTs. But with a 3-4 defense, at least one of them will be playing DE. I believe that Ted Washington is still there too. (6'5", 375 lbs.)

You are a wealth of information.

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 02:35 PM

It's gonna take Cleveland a truckload of money to fill the feeding troth for the D-line alone. How the heck do you get to 375 and still have some semblance of athletic ability?

hermhater
03-03-2008, 02:44 PM
It's gonna take Cleveland a truckload of money to fill the feeding troth for the D-line alone. How the heck do you get to 375 and still have some semblance of athletic ability?

Good point!

:11:

I imagine they are gonna be used as book ends?

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Good point!

:11:

I imagine they are gonna be used as book ends?

They'd better hope they don't play a team with a back that can get around the edge. I wish we had a problem like that.

hermhater
03-03-2008, 02:56 PM
They'd better hope they don't play a team with a back that can get around the edge. I wish we had a problem like that.

Out of 16 games they are likely to run into at least one team with a back that has speed!

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Being 6'5" has something to do with it.

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Being 6'5" has something to do with it.

Still, what does he do about his knees? Isn't he 36 or 37?

Chiefster
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Still, what does he do about his knees? Isn't he 36 or 37?

That wasn't your original question therefore I am under no obligation to answer you further. :p

Canada
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
That wasn't your original question therefore I am under no obligation to answer you further. :p

Right out of the "How a mod avoids work" textbook!! :sign0098:

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 05:29 PM

Okay, what does a 6'5" 375lb D-lineman in the NFL do to avoid terrible knee injury(besides the great strides in medical technology over the years)?

Canada
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Okay, what does a 6'5" 375lb D-lineman in the NFL do to avoid terrible knee injury(besides the great strides in medical technology over the years)?

Nothing...his knees are gonna be crap!!

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Nothing...his knees are gonna be crap!!

He needs beer, light beer, but beer.

Canada
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
He needs beer, light beer, but beer.

What is this light beer you speak of?

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM

Crap beer, keeps 375lb people from being 475lb people. Of course, it doesn't keep them from being 425lb people.

:drunkhb:

Canada
03-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Crap beer, keeps 375lb people from being 475lb people. Of course, it doesn't keep them from being 425lb people.

:drunkhb:

and 425 pounders that drink light beers become 475? Pretty soon he will have two spots on the line. I wish that was all it took, I would be the Chiefs starting LT and Guard!! :D

hermhater
03-03-2008, 05:39 PM

It's called Natty Light.

Look into it.

Canada
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
It's called Natty Light.

Look into it.

NO..

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 05:42 PM
and 425 pounders that drink light beers become 475? Pretty soon he will have two spots on the line. I wish that was all it took, I would be the Chiefs starting LT and Guard!! :D

As long as the self-medication keeps your knees intact, I'm all for it. Let's make the call and get you in camp.

royalswin100games
03-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Wait a minute, I messed up. As long as the self-medication keeps your mind off your knees being destroyed. That's what I meant.

Canada
03-03-2008, 05:48 PM
alright then, see you in Camp!! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-03-2008, 06:54 PM

That's where the four LBs come in handy. They have tendancy to line-up wider than a defense with only three LBs.

hermhater
03-04-2008, 02:32 AM
alright then, see you in Camp!! :bananen_smilies046:

You're thinking about going this summer?

Kick ***. Coach is gonna be there!

That's where the four LBs come in handy. They have tendancy to line-up wider than a defense with only three LBs.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/212.jpg

royalswin100games
03-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Aren't the Browns' linebacking corps pretty average?

jerhart
03-04-2008, 01:41 PM

They ended 10-6 last year and should have been 12-4, but the luck wasnt with them last year. Anyway, 10-6 is better than 4-12....so I guess I would be happy with average. :11:

royalswin100games
03-04-2008, 07:16 PM
They ended 10-6 last year and should have been 12-4, but the luck wasnt with them last year. Anyway, 10-6 is better than 4-12....so I guess I would be happy with average. :11:

The awful truth is told.

chief31
03-05-2008, 05:52 AM

They will look alot better making tackles at the line of scrimmage than they did making them four yards downfield. :D

I like the Browns. I liked what they managed to do in last years draft. I hope they do well, as long as it doesn't interfere with the Chiefs' progress.

royalswin100games
03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
They will look alot better making tackles at the line of scrimmage than they did making them four yards downfield. :D

I like the Browns. I liked what they managed to do in last years draft. I hope they do well, as long as it doesn't interfere with the Chiefs' progress.

Agreed. So they'd still better hope they don't run into backs that can turn the corner.

rbedgood
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Wimbley is pretty good...not sure about the other 3 starters, but almost any LB will look pretty good when he only has to worry about the outside run. With 3 DTs playing D-line there won't be much pass rush, but interior runs will be pretty much stuffed.

chief31
03-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Wimbley is pretty good...not sure about the other 3 starters, but almost any LB will look pretty good when he only has to worry about the outside run. With 3 DTs playing D-line there won't be much pass rush, but interior runs will be pretty much stuffed.

The reason I love the 3-4 is because you get to blitz one LB, without it being a true blitz. You are still only rushing four, and who knows where that fourth rusher is going to be coming from. There are at least four possibilities.

rbedgood
03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
The reason I love the 3-4 is because you get to blitz one LB, without it being a true blitz. You are still only rushing four, and who knows where that fourth rusher is going to be coming from. There are at least four possibilities.

Actually by my count there are 6...as usually in a 3-4 your safeties have to be hard hitting types like Rodney Harrison, Polamalu, etc, and those guys make good pass rushers.

I agree on the 3-4, the problem is there aren't enough great DTs to make the 3-4 work for all the teams, additionally the 3-4 can be pretty weak against teams that have a good power running game as the LBs tend to be spread out in formation.

Chiefster
03-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Wait a minute, I messed up. As long as the self-medication keeps your mind off your knees being destroyed. That's what I meant.

I'm going through that right now; taking Aleave and using Aspricream to dull my knee pain.

royalswin100games
03-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm going through that right now; taking Aleave and using Aspricream to dull my knee pain.

What does your doc say?

hermhater
03-07-2008, 01:27 AM

Actually by my count there are 6...as usually in a 3-4 your safeties have to be hard hitting types like Rodney Harrison, Polamalu, etc, and those guys make good pass rushers.

I agree on the 3-4, the problem is there aren't enough great DTs to make the 3-4 work for all the teams, additionally the 3-4 can be pretty weak against teams that have a good power running game as the LBs tend to be spread out in formation.

You guys should be D coordinators!

What does your doc say?

Fire Carl and Herm and call me in the morning!

chief31
03-07-2008, 06:21 AM

CB blitzes are far from unheard of too. So, that leaves the opponents blocking unit guess at which one of eight different players is gonna be rushing. But, that is only if the 3-4 chooses not to rush a fifth (or more) player.

I think that Cleveland may have assembled such a group of DTs. We will have to wait and see.

royalswin100games
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I think that Cleveland may have assembled such a group of DTs. We will have to wait and see.

They might have, but Rogers has proven he only shows up every once in awhile. If he had a motor, he'd be a monster.

Chiefster
03-08-2008, 07:03 PM
What does your doc say?

I'll see him Wednesday.

hermhater
03-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I'll see him Wednesday.

Are you off work until your knee gets better?