PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for texaschief!

hermhater
02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
If he sees this on the news it might make him go out and do it too!

Explosion Rocks West Texas Oil Refinery

47 minutes ago

BIG SPRING, Texas (AP) — A sheriff's dispatcher says an explosion rocked an oil refinery in western Texas.
It's unclear whether there are injuries or whether a fire is burning at the refinery owned by Dallas-based Alon USA, which employs about 170 people and produces about 70,000 barrels a day.

Howard County sheriff's dispatcher, who declined to give her name, said: "All I know is that it blew up."

John Moseley, managing editor of the Big Spring Herald, heard the Monday morning blast and said, "I thought it would knock the walls down."

Blake Lewis, a spokesman for Alon USA, said the company had an unconfirmed report of an incident but did not know any details. He said a plant manager was on the way to the site.

Big Spring is about halfway between Dallas and El Paso.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i4TF67BlQp6G-zHtgqATq-Uy7T6AD8USQ3K83

(Couldn't resist!)

texaschief
02-18-2008, 03:10 PM
If he sees this on the news it might make him go out and do it too!

(Couldn't resist!)

....you're assuming it wasn't me.

muahaha :lol:

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Yup; this has texaschief written all over it! Ya scumbag! :D

chief31
02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Duhh! He got the idea from watching allthe news coverage of the school shooting.:lol:

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Duhh! He got the idea from watching allthe news coverage of the school shooting.:lol:

...Figures it would influence his sick, sick mind.

texaschief
02-19-2008, 12:08 AM

no, i got the idea from watching the news teach me how the terrorists make road side bombs so easily. It's really not that hard. CNN, MSNBC and all the nightly news shows have done this story at least 3x a piece.

hermhater
02-19-2008, 02:03 AM
....you're assuming it wasn't me.

muahaha :lol:

Thanks for being a good sport, I was just messin' with ya.

:D

chief31
02-20-2008, 02:25 AM
no, i got the idea from watching the news teach me how the terrorists make road side bombs so easily. It's really not that hard. CNN, MSNBC and all the nightly news shows have done this story at least 3x a piece.

I especially liked the one I saw that gave detailed instructions about how easy it would be for terrorists to break into a nuclear power plant and cause a spill. Don't know which news branch that was.

Canada
02-20-2008, 08:23 AM

I especially liked the one I saw that gave detailed instructions about how easy it would be for terrorists to break into a nuclear power plant and cause a spill. Don't know which news branch that was.

If the talking heads can figure it out then I am sure the people who would do these things wouldn't have too much trouble with it either!!

texaschief
02-21-2008, 03:52 AM
If the talking heads can figure it out then I am sure the people who would do these things wouldn't have too much trouble with it either!!

you sure are a media appologist.

Canada
02-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Just the other side of the coin my friend. Everyone blames the media for everything and ignores the real problem. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Just the other side of the coin my friend. Everyone blames the media for everything and ignores the real problem. :bananen_smilies046:

Not blaming the media; just sick of hearing and seeing it 24/7 until the next Britney melt down. I do wonder sometimes if it doesn't provide at least a little motivation for the "sickos"; not that they wouldn't otherwise be motivated anyway.

hermhater
02-22-2008, 03:42 PM

I happen to like having a free press, call me crazy.

texaschief
02-22-2008, 07:43 PM

crazy

Chiefster
02-23-2008, 12:09 AM

A free press - yes; a perpetually looping video - no.

hermhater
02-23-2008, 12:46 AM
A free press - yes; a perpetually looping video - no.

Turn the channel!

:11:

Chiefster
02-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Turn the channel!

That used to be an option.

hermhater
02-23-2008, 02:05 AM

The watch clips on the internet!

Canada
02-23-2008, 09:34 AM
I understand that people don't want to see it over and over again. I think there are two seprate issues. I agree that people should not have to be subjected to it 2 hours a day all over the news, I also think that people are not shooting up schools because they saw it on TV. We can all sit here and say that it may be part of their motiviation, maybe video games, maybe it the internet. We could go on forever. Fact remains...if some disturbed kid for whatever reason (most likely deeper than TV) decides to go on a killing spree, then finding a large group of people to shoot at isn't all that hard.

chief31
02-23-2008, 11:02 AM

I haven't seen one second of coverage for this incident, and I watch alot of television. :D

I understand that people don't want to see it over and over again. I think there are two seprate issues. I agree that people should not have to be subjected to it 2 hours a day all over the news, I also think that people are not shooting up schools because they saw it on TV. We can all sit here and say that it may be part of their motiviation, maybe video games, maybe it the internet. We could go on forever. Fact remains...if some disturbed kid for whatever reason (most likely deeper than TV) decides to go on a killing spree, then finding a large group of people to shoot at isn't all that hard.

It always amazes me when some person does something insane, and people immediately star pointing fingers all over the place, when there is no doubt who is to blame.

We start blaming the right/left side of the political isle, and the press. When clearly, the guy with the gun is to blame.

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 01:51 AM
I haven't seen one second of coverage for this incident, and I watch alot of television. :D

It always amazes me when some person does something insane, and people immediately star pointing fingers all over the place, when there is no doubt who is to blame.

We start blaming the right/left side of the political isle, and the press. When clearly, the guy with the gun is to blame.

I used to, now I just spend most of my free time on the internet. :D

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 01:54 AM

It's not just that with me; I just wish the media wouldn't give the sickos that much attention.

chief31
02-25-2008, 04:07 AM
It's not just that with me; I just wish the media wouldn't give the sickos that much attention.

Agreed.

chief31
02-25-2008, 04:08 AM
I used to, now I just spend most of my free time on the internet. :D

I multi-task. I can play on the net, and still watch t.v. at the same time. :D

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 07:11 AM
I multi-task. I can play on the net, and still watch t.v. at the same time. :D

Heh! At my age I can't walk and chew gum. :wheelchair:

Canada
02-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Yeah, but that is just cause you don't have any teeth!! :lol:

hermhater
02-25-2008, 12:01 PM

Yeah, but that is just cause you don't have any teeth!! :lol:

Plus he can't even walk most of the time, hence the wheelchair!

:lol:

Canada
02-25-2008, 12:49 PM

I needs to be seen so that people realize there is a problem to deal with.

hermhater
02-26-2008, 01:32 AM

Agreed.

The press should be constantly reporting even the minor events so that when something major occurs they are prepared.

Most jobs require their employees to be working even when it's a slow day.

If you're a political junkie like me you probably have at least one or two news sources going at all times, and it does seem like they are reporting constantly on the same things, but that is because new and interesting things aren't happening 24/7.

Life is pretty routine, and often boring.

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 01:04 AM

I really don't think that's much of a problem, but that's just me.

Canada
02-27-2008, 09:02 AM
I really don't think that's much of a problem, but that's just me.

I am assuming we are no longer talking about school shootings??

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 09:28 AM
I am assuming we are no longer talking about school shootings??

I'm talking about the fact that people are aware of the problem; it really does not need to be over-reported.

Canada
02-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm talking about the fact that people are aware of the problem; it really does not need to be over-reported.

But if people are so aware, then why is it still happening? You and I know and pay attention, but others do not. That is why this problem still exists. Not saying that TV is gonna solve that problem, but I believe that most school shootings are a direct result of bullying and until that issue is addressed it will continue to happen.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 01:01 PM
But if people are so aware, then why is it still happening? You and I know and pay attention, but others do not. That is why this problem still exists. Not saying that TV is gonna solve that problem, but I believe that most school shootings are a direct result of bullying and until that issue is addressed it will continue to happen.

Eggsactly!

:sign0098:

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:45 PM

Are you kidding me? Bullying has been around forever...as has guns. But all of a sudden we get this rash of school shootings because of "bullying?????"

Give me a break. These kids need good parenting or someone who will pay them some attention. They see all this attention school shootings get and that's what they crave.

So, it's all the "normal" people's fault for thinking that a person who could potentially shoot up a school is wierd and wouldn't want to be associated with that person? I'm not advocating hazing or anything like that, but if someone wants attention and not to be thought of strangely, they need to get some social skills and become people FRIENDLY, not secluded and deadly.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Are you kidding me? Bullying has been around forever...as has guns. But all of a sudden we get this rash of school shootings because of "bullying?????"

Give me a break. These kids need good parenting or someone who will pay them some attention. They see all this attention school shootings get and that's what they crave.

So, it's all the "normal" people's fault for thinking that a person who could potentially shoot up a school is wierd and wouldn't want to be associated with that person? I'm not advocating hazing or anything like that, but if someone wants attention and not to be thought of strangely, they need to get some social skills and become people FRIENDLY, not secluded and deadly.

From the attitude you are presenting, I would warrant that you were probably a guilty party to your share of bullying.

Treating even the weirdest people with respect and trying to include them in society goes a long way towards them not snapping.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
From the attitude you are presenting, I would warrant that you were probably a guilty party to your share of bullying.

Treating even the weirdest people with respect and trying to include them in society goes a long way towards them not snapping.

that is such BS. let me know the next time you walk up to some creepy person in a trench coat and ask them to hang out with you.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
that is such BS. let me know the next time you walk up to some creepy person in a trench coat and ask them to hang out with you.

My point is if you taunt someone you shouldn't be surprised when they snap.

There is a big difference between ignoring someone and bullying them.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
My point is if you taunt someone you shouldn't be surprised when they snap.

There is a big difference between ignoring someone and bullying them.

who says these people were taunted? homeboy at VT wasn't. Neither was the guy at NIU. Hell, the guy at NIU still had a girlfriend.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
who says these people were taunted? homeboy at VT wasn't. Neither was the guy at NIU. Hell, the guy at NIU still had a girlfriend.

I'm not saying every school shooting is caused by bullying by peers.

You can be sure those shooters were mentally unstable, but they probably had something in their past to provoke the behavior.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm not saying every school shooting is caused by bullying by peers.

You can be sure those shooters were mentally unstable, but they probably had something in their past to provoke the behavior.

no doubt, but to blame bullies is juvenile. these people are adults making major decisions. if it were bullies, don't you think these people would be tying to kill certain "bullies" as they go thru their rampages? There is no link to the people who are shooting and their victims.

Canada
02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
no doubt, but to blame bullies is juvenile. these people are adults making major decisions. if it were bullies, don't you think these people would be tying to kill certain "bullies" as they go thru their rampages? There is no link to the people who are shooting and their victims.

You have made it obviously clear that you have never been bullied, but you have also made it clear that you have no tolerance for people who are not "Normal". Keep on livin' in that bubble brother!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
02-27-2008, 05:48 PM

Is this the first time that someone has stood up to a bully?? Guns were not as easily accessible to a high school kid 40 years ago. Things got settled with fists. Now guns and drugs are everywhere and that is where the "troubled youth" gravitates to. It levels the bullying field.

And what is NORMAL? The "cool" clothes and the Nike running shoes. To be cast out by your "NORMAL" people and then to turn around and say that they need some social skills and they need to become friendly. Why not learn a little tolerance of people who do not fit into your mold.

These things need to be shown on the news to people whose ignorance blinds them to the glaring problem staring them in the face!! :bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
I never said these people need conform to what YOU think is the "cool" crowd, but if they are so "normal" shouldn't they be able to find other people to hang out who have the same interests?....you know, other than shooting up schools.

Canada
02-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I never said these people need conform to what YOU think is the "cool" crowd, but if they are so "normal" shouldn't they be able to find other people to hang out who have the same interests?....you know, other than shooting up schools.

I asked you what "Normal" was? So...what is normal.

And yes tehy should be able to find friends and people to hang out with and if they can't....then what? I don't know if you ever noticed but not everyone fits in. What are the ones who don't fit in supposed to do? Your previous statements have led me to believe that you feel it is their fault for not fitting in and whatever cruel behaviour directed towards them is their own fault.

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 12:00 AM
I asked you what "Normal" was? So...what is normal.

And yes tehy should be able to find friends and people to hang out with and if they can't....then what? I don't know if you ever noticed but not everyone fits in. What are the ones who don't fit in supposed to do? Your previous statements have led me to believe that you feel it is their fault for not fitting in and whatever cruel behaviour directed towards them is their own fault.

It's all about treating people they way you yourself would like to be treated; a basic rule of human decency.