PDA

View Full Version : Pick #5

jerhart
02-22-2008, 10:50 AM
...Ugh well Oakland won the coin flip this morning and so they got #4 and we got #5....you think Jake will be available at 5? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3258265

:imagestore (13): <----Raiders

Three7s
02-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh well, and lol @ that comment of the dude saying the Chiefs probably fumbled the coin.

Chiefster
02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
...Ugh well Oakland won the coin flip this morning and so they got #4 and we got #5....you think Jake will be available at 5? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3258265

:imagestore (13): <----Raiders

Who knows; I'm convinced that it wouldn't have mattered anyway 'cause Herm and Peterson would simply have squandered it anyway.

hermhater
02-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Well I guess I'm glad Atlanta is picking before the Raiders.

I'll take what I can get at this point.

royalswin100games
02-22-2008, 04:35 PM
King Carl will hose this up. Oh yeah, long time no see everyone.

Three7s
02-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I bet $100 that we pick a Punter or FG kicker with the pick. Any takers?!:lol:

hermhater
02-22-2008, 06:24 PM

Welcome back!

:yahoo:

Hayvern
02-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I bet $100 that we pick a Punter or FG kicker with the pick. Any takers?!:lol:
I would take it because I think they are just stupid enough to draft a quarterback with that pick. Either way, a better bet would be on the chances they draft an offensive lineman. As much as we want it, I don't expect it.

Chiefster
02-23-2008, 12:07 AM

Where ya been?

chief31
02-23-2008, 09:53 AM

Been hiding out hunh?

Glad to hear from you again. In case you need to catch-up on things, get this... HH has a job now!!! :D

Canada
02-23-2008, 09:55 AM
....and I tried a bottle of beer.....and I liked it!!

hermhater
02-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Been hiding out hunh?

Glad to hear from you again. In case you need to catch-up on things, get this... HH has a job now!!! :D

Rub it in... :biggrin:

....and I tried a bottle of beer.....and I liked it!!

Me too!

:bananen_smilies046:

wolfpack
02-23-2008, 07:08 PM
And with the #5 pick, the Kansas City Chiefs pick........ the BKB (best kicker on board)

hermhater
02-24-2008, 01:30 AM
And with the #5 pick, the Kansas City Chiefs pick........ the BKB (best kicker on board)

That's not funny! :sign0104:

Chiefster
02-24-2008, 01:50 AM
That's not funny! :sign0104:

...But, probably accurate none the less.

hermhater
02-24-2008, 01:51 AM
...But, probably accurate none the less.

Ugh!

:mob:

Chiefster
02-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Ugh!

:mob:

Agreed.

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Ummm...guys anyone see Carl Peterson's comments on Darren McFadden. Talk about a player y'all don't need. A vertical runner, who measures like Adrian Peterson (fast, big, upright/vision type runner) but couldn't break a tackle from your grandmother...he settles for what is there!!!

hermhater
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Ummm...guys anyone see Carl Peterson's comments on Darren McFadden. Talk about a player y'all don't need. A vertical runner, who measures like Adrian Peterson (fast, big, upright/vision type runner) but couldn't break a tackle from your grandmother...he settles for what is there!!!

“He’s a game-changing talent,” said Kansas City president Carl Peterson, whose team holds the No. 5 overall pick and has running back Larry Johnson already in the fold. “He helped himself a lot today … if he’s at No. 5 overall, I’m going to have to consider him long and hard. … And I have a great running back.” - Carl Peterson

This better be for a hell of a trade.

AkChief49
02-26-2008, 06:41 PM
well, if the c-girls do not trade down with Miami, maybe a ploy to trade with Dallas? I would not mind trading the #5 for Dallas' 2 first rounders

Chiefster
02-26-2008, 06:55 PM

Carl's an idiot.

kcmostwanted
02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
True..but I think D-Mac has the most trade value of any other player that would still be on the board...If we draft him and decide to keep him...well, players like D-mac are great talents but w/ our O-line...Barry Sanders wouldn't get 1000 yrds

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 01:51 AM
True..but I think D-Mac has the most trade value of any other player that would still be on the board...If we draft him and decide to keep him...well, players like D-mac are great talents but w/ our O-line...Barry Sanders wouldn't get 1000 yrds

Barry would have got 2000. Sure he may have played in Detroit, but he would have done twice what Emmit did with Emmit's line. Mr. all time leading rusher, c'mon now.

I don't think McFadden will be as good as Peterson, or Mendenhall for that matter. Did you all see Mendenhall work out. That guy's a beast. Jonathan Stewart's the only back that had more reps on the bench and Mendenhall is faster.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Carl's an idiot.

You just figured that out? :sign0104:

D-Mac?

Is that what the kids are calling it now days?

Barry would have got 2000. Sure he may have played in Detroit, but he would have done twice what Emmit did with Emmit's line. Mr. all time leading rusher, c'mon now.

I don't think McFadden will be as good as Peterson, or Mendenhall for that matter. Did you all see Mendenhall work out. That guy's a beast. Jonathan Stewart's the only back that had more reps on the bench and Mendenhall is faster.

No one compares to Barry.

That is all!

DrunkHillbilly
02-28-2008, 11:28 AM
I doubt he gets past the Raiders at this point. They need a RB and Al Davis likes these kind of players.

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I doubt he gets past the Raiders at this point. They need a RB and Al Davis likes these kind of players.

Need a RB?

They have:

Justin Fargas (just signed long-term contract)
Michael Bush
Lamont Jordan
Dominic Rhodes

I think they have other needs (defensive line & wide receiver)

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Need a RB?

They have:

Justin Fargas (just signed long-term contract)
Michael Bush
Lamont Jordan
Dominic Rhodes

I think they have other needs (defensive line & wide receiver)

This is a crazy, senile owner that thinks he should take the player with the fastest 40 time with his first pick every year. I think he might take Chris Johnson from East Carolina.

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I agree that the Raiders are likely to take McFadden...however I also think Dallas is likely to trade for the #2 pick (St Louis) to get McFadden. This would be good news for you as St Louis is the most likely to take Jake Long in front of you...

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree that the Raiders are likely to take McFadden...however I also think Dallas is likely to trade for the #2 pick (St Louis) to get McFadden. This would be good news for you as St Louis is the most likely to take Jake Long in front of you...

If we keep saying it maybe it will come true.

"With the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs take Jake Long-MI!"

DrunkHillbilly
02-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Hang on here! You don't think the Raiders need a RB yet you think they will take him?? Weird!! If they are resting that position on Fargas and the others you named......they are in trouble!! Just like last season! They need a RB! McFadden in his 1st year will be better than any of those guys IMO. I am however not totally sold on him being as good as Peterson as some of the so called experts are predicting.

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 02:39 PM
You just figured that out? :sign0104:

D-Mac?

Is that what the kids are calling it now days?

No one compares to Barry.

That is all!

Nope I've been saying that for years in an obvious vain attempt to educate :sign0104: 's like you. :p

hermhater
02-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Hang on here! You don't think the Raiders need a RB yet you think they will take him?? Weird!! If they are resting that position on Fargas and the others you named......they are in trouble!! Just like last season! They need a RB! McFadden in his 1st year will be better than any of those guys IMO. I am however not totally sold on him being as good as Peterson as some of the so called experts are predicting.

I don't think anyone is accusing the Raiders of making good decisions!

:11:

hermhater
02-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Nope I've been saying that for years in an obvious vain attempt to educate :sign0104: 's like you. :p

:D:lol::funnypost:

chief31
02-29-2008, 04:20 AM

The Raiders ranked sixth in the NFL in rushing last season. They aren't hurting for a RB.

DrunkHillbilly
02-29-2008, 08:30 AM
The Raiders ranked sixth in the NFL in rushing last season. They aren't hurting for a RB.
I wouldn't take what they have over what we have! The committee RB position always seems to bode well for rankings. This by no means says they have a well above avg RB. McFadden would start his first year. That alone would indicate the state of that position on that team.

rbedgood
02-29-2008, 11:52 AM

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I agree McFadden is way better than any of the jokers I listed. However all the jokers are serviceable, and they all are paid too much to be backup running backs, when/if the Raiders draft McFadden they'd be tying way too much money into one position. That is why I say they don't need a RB...especially when they have no decent wide receivers, Warren Sapp is gone, and they need better speed at OLB.

royalswin100games
02-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I agree McFadden is way better than any of the jokers I listed. However all the jokers are serviceable, and they all are paid too much to be backup running backs, when/if the Raiders draft McFadden they'd be tying way too much money into one position. That is why I say they don't need a RB...especially when they have no decent wide receivers, Warren Sapp is gone, and they need better speed at OLB.

Those idiots don't need anything. They need to lose.
:toast2:

DrunkHillbilly
02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok! Better!! LOL! I agree with what you said however, Davis is known for taking whoever is touted to be the best no matter what position it is!!! Such a bad owner!!!!!

hermhater
02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Those idiots don't need anything. They need to lose.
:toast2:

Finally some sanity!

:yahoo:

rbedgood
02-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Ok! Better!! LOL! I agree with what you said however, Davis is known for taking whoever is touted to be the best no matter what position it is!!! Such a bad owner!!!!!

I'm still pretty convinced that the loon in Dallas (Jerry Jones) will trade up to get in front of Al Davis and grab McFadden. St Louis is the more likely partner in that trade as Miami probably isn't taking McFadden, and Dallas can pay McFadden less from the #2 slot than they'd have to in the #1 slot. I don't think anyone will trade up to #1 this year as the price to get Parcells off of either the DT or DE at the top of his board will be too high.

Basically to get Jake Long you need Dallas to trade up for McFadden, or have St Louis go after Chris Long (DE)...

DrunkHillbilly
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm still pretty convinced that the loon in Dallas (Jerry Jones) will trade up to get in front of Al Davis and grab McFadden. St Louis is the more likely partner in that trade as Miami probably isn't taking McFadden, and Dallas can pay McFadden less from the #2 slot than they'd have to in the #1 slot. I don't think anyone will trade up to #1 this year as the price to get Parcells off of either the DT or DE at the top of his board will be too high.

Basically to get Jake Long you need Dallas to trade up for McFadden, or have St Louis go after Chris Long (DE)...
Yea, this analysis could come to fruition being Parcells normally likes to build his teams through defense first.

jakesmith
02-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I was hoping St louis would go after a DE because it seems they need more help there then they do at OL. Hopefully that is the case. Long is a real need for the Chiefs. Damn we should have lost more games, lol.

AkChief49
02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
as far as Mcfadden goes, yeah the faders will probably take him if he is there. If he does not start, what a return man he could be!! and if C. Long is there when they pick I do not see Sen-Al (senile)Davis not taking one of their own,(Howie's boy) so to speak

chief31
03-01-2008, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't take what they have over what we have! The committee RB position always seems to bode well for rankings. This by no means says they have a well above avg RB. McFadden would start his first year. That alone would indicate the state of that position on that team.

My point is that the Raiders have been able to put a couple of different players in there, and have them look good. Not just good, but damn good.

Therefore, the running game isn't exactly hurting. Whereas they definitely have some other positions where they are hurting at.

But I think that we all agree that Al Davis is crazy enough to stockpile RBs and leave the positions of need... in need.

hermhater
03-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Keep it down ladies.