PDA

View Full Version : Just another name......

DrunkHillbilly
02-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Heard this morning that it doesn't look like the Patriots are going to resign Donte Stallworth. Don't know what he would command money wise but it sure would be nice to have him opposite D. Bowe. We need other help first but.......

Chiefster
02-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Heard this morning that it doesn't look like the Patriots are going to resign Donte Stallworth. Don't know what he would command money wise but it sure would be nice to have him opposite D. Bowe. We need other help first but.......

Yeah, we really need to deal with the O-line. I say we keep Bowe and Sippio(sp).

DrunkHillbilly
02-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I have seen a lot of people wanting to use Sippio more. I guess I haven't seen as much of him as others. I'm not impressed and apparently neither are the coaches being he hasn't seen much playing time. Maybe as a return guy just because he can't be any worse than anyone else has been. Besides, the arena game is a totally different game when it comes to receivers. Maybe a slot guy, which might work actually, but not a straight up wide out to play opposite Bowe. IMO.

hermhater
02-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Maybe we could trade them Drummond for Stallworth!

:biggrin:

royalswin100games
02-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Stallworth will probably want more than the Queen will want to pay. WR is pretty deep in this draft... oh yeah, Queen will hose that up. I am repeating myself from the other thread.

DrunkHillbilly
02-22-2008, 07:20 PM
As we have been talking about, looks like Asante Samuel will be available as well. He is wayyyyyyyyyy out of CP's reach. He will probably get $90 million with about $23-$25 guarranteed!!! BANK!!!!!

chief31
02-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Stallworth would be a nice adittion, but I doubt that we even pursue him.

As for Sippio, I haven't seen enough of him to have much of an opinion about him. But I understand people wanting to more of him, to be able to form an opinion.

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Stallworth would be a nice adittion, but I doubt that we even pursue him.

As for Sippio, I haven't seen enough of him to have much of an opinion about him. But I understand people wanting to more of him, to be able to form an opinion.

Exactly; what little I've seen has not been all that bad IMO.

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Stallworth will ask for a lot, but likely will settle for about $60M, with about $15M being guaranteed. Still likely out of CPs comfort zone...however Stallworth would be a great addition as not only does he have the WR skills that everyone notices (hands, speed, size, breaks tackles), but he is also an excellent downfield blocker. He was one of the big reasons Welker broke a lot of his long run after catches.

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Stallworth will ask for a lot, but likely will settle for about $60M, with about $15M being guaranteed. Still likely out of CPs comfort zone...however Stallworth would be a great addition as not only does he have the WR skills that everyone notices (hands, speed, size, breaks tackles), but he is also an excellent downfield blocker. He was one of the big reasons Welker broke a lot of his long run after catches.

...Won't happen; like you say: "out of CPs comfort zone..."