PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine...

DrunkHillbilly
02-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Just watched Jake Long run a 5.17 and a 5.27 forty.

hermhater
02-23-2008, 12:38 PM
That's pretty good for an O lineman, eh?

DrunkHillbilly
02-23-2008, 12:39 PM
That's pretty good for an O lineman, eh?
Decent.

hermhater
02-23-2008, 12:40 PM
What are the other linemen running?

hermhater
02-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Herm is talking to the press (big surprise).

He is talking about Chan Gailey and how HE likes to run 2 tight end sets.

YZILLA
02-23-2008, 05:50 PM
That would be cool with me - we need to do something different from last year. I really hope we pick long though with picking up Faneca from pittsburg. He is a stud. Also I wouldnt mind seeing Kolby and LJ both in the backfield at the same time. The more Kolby plays the better he will get , I dont want him to just sit back and wiat for LJ to get tired or hurt. Hell I wouldnt mind seeing Kolby on kick and runt return !

wolfpack
02-23-2008, 07:04 PM
That would be cool with me - we need to do something different from last year. I really hope we pick long though with picking up Faneca from pittsburg. He is a stud. Also I wouldnt mind seeing Kolby and LJ both in the backfield at the same time. The more Kolby plays the better he will get , I dont want him to just sit back and wiat for LJ to get tired or hurt. Hell I wouldnt mind seeing Kolby on kick and runt return !
I would love them to Faneca but we all know Queen Carl wont pay lineman big $, hermmie is just plain stupid when it comes to the offense and the hunts are cheap.

hermhater
02-24-2008, 01:36 AM

Me too! Kolby is gonna be a stud in this league if Herm doesn't get his *** killed first.

I would love them to Faneca but we all know Queen Carl wont pay lineman big $, hermmie is just plain stupid when it comes to the offense and the hunts are cheap.

I can only hope Herm learned his lesson on O after last year, but then why didn't he learn it in NY?

Chiefster
02-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Gotta be big and fast now-a-days.

Three7s
02-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Me too! Kolby is gonna be a stud in this league if Herm doesn't get his *** killed first.

I can only hope Herm learned his lesson on O after last year, but then why didn't he learn it in NY?
Herm learning a lesson about offense? Hope with Herm? No comprendo!

chief31
02-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Just watched Jake Long run a 5.17 and a 5.27 forty.

I understand that he topped all o-linemen with 37 bench-reps too.

hermhater
02-24-2008, 02:54 PM

You understand correctly!

:11:

DrunkHillbilly
02-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Yea, I watched that too. I think there was 225 on the bar.

Chiefster
02-24-2008, 04:47 PM

WOW!

Chiefster
02-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Herm learning a lesson about offense? Hope with Herm? No comprendo!

Yep, does not compute.

chief31
02-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Yea, I watched that too. I think there was 225 on the bar.

He doesn't look like any of the other o-linemen in this clas, or in the NFL for that matter. They all look like linemen, and Jake looks like a pro wrestler, or a super hero.

He is just tall, and ripped, and those long-assed arms are just ridiculous.

But, if he is gone, and we can move down a few spots, I wouldn't mind either a Clady, or an Otah. There are quite a few OTs that seem like they would work well in the NFL.

We could even pick up a guy like Cherilus in the second round maybe.

Although, I would much rather see us show that we take the position seriously enough to make it our first round priority... and then some.

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 07:10 AM
He doesn't look like any of the other o-linemen in this clas, or in the NFL for that matter. They all look like linemen, and Jake looks like a pro wrestler, or a super hero.

He is just tall, and ripped, and those long-assed arms are just ridiculous.

But, if he is gone, and we can move down a few spots, I wouldn't mind either a Clady, or an Otah. There are quite a few OTs that seem like they would work well in the NFL.

We could even pick up a guy like Cherilus in the second round maybe.

Although, I would much rather see us show that we take the position seriously enough to make it our first round priority... and then some.

You, me and most every other Chiefs fan, but remember we're talking about Carl and Herm here.

rbedgood
02-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Guys the most important number to you is 4.33...yep that's Darren McFadden's 40-time. Why is that important...because in all likelihood the crazy guy from Chokeland will grab him despite not needing another running back, leaving Mr Jake Long to your team. Jake Long in skills, strength and size is very similar to Larry Allen. Larry Allen has consistently won the NFL strongest man (bench press) at the Pro Bowl with around 38-40 reps on the bench....sounds like Jake will be the new perrennial winner.

As another indicator of Jake Long's dominance look at the skill players from Michigan. Hart was thought to be a stud running back after running behind Jake Long, but he only put up a 4.67 40-time, and a 28-inch vertical. His dominance was completely created by the line (mostly Long)...

Three7s
02-25-2008, 11:18 PM
When your O-line makes holes, it's pretty easy for anyone playing RB to get nice yardage eh? Perhaps, even Chiefster!:wheelchair:

hermhater
02-26-2008, 01:22 AM
When your O-line makes holes, it's pretty easy for anyone playing RB to get nice yardage eh? Perhaps, even Chiefster!:wheelchair:

Only if he supercharges his Rascal!

:lol:

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Only if he supercharges his Rascal!

On game day Chiefster doubles up on the Metamucil and straps the Depends on tight!!!

hermhater
02-26-2008, 02:46 PM
On game day Chiefster doubles up on the Metamucil and straps the Depends on tight!!!

texaschief
02-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Tony Gonzo will be on the NFL network at 6pm ET. on Wednesday.

Chiefster
02-26-2008, 09:34 PM

:11:How many times must I tell you people? I do not use Depends; I use...

hermhater
02-28-2008, 03:13 AM
Tony Gonzo will be on the NFL network at 6pm ET. on Wednesday.

I missed it because of work.

Did you record it, and can you post it to the site?

Canada
02-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I missed it because of work.

Did you record it, and can you post it to the site?

You didn't miss too much, he was mostly talking about charity work he is dong with Oprah and then at the end of the interview said that he hopes we draft an offensive player.

hermhater
02-29-2008, 02:35 AM
You didn't miss too much, he was mostly talking about charity work he is dong with Oprah and then at the end of the interview said that he hopes we draft an offensive player.

Oh.

That would have been boring as hell.

Oprah wasn't there was she?