PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Improvement

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Thought I'd start a thread for all the FA signees we might get over the next couple weeks.

I wonder if there is any interest in Randy Moss to take the opposite side of Bowe from the front office. Although, unless we can sign Allen to a multi year deal, i don't know if we'll have the cap room to improve the secondary, OL AND sign Moss.

Oh, btw, Moss will officially be a FA this season.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Kelley Washington, WR from the Patriots would be a nice pick up as well.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
I doubt Moss would be happy in KC, and I'm glad he sat on his *** in Oakland, but I don't want to see it here.

royalswin100games
02-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Pick up Justin Smith and put him next to JA. Stallworth would stretch defenses but would probably not want to come to KC. Two words - ALAN FANECA

texaschief
02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Faneca is too old and expensive for this team to look at. You can pretty much let this one go.

royalswin100games
02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Faneca is too old and expensive for this team to look at. You can pretty much let this one go.

You're probably right but look at what happened to our line when we lost veteran leadership. I think he would be a great mentor if we did get him.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 03:38 PM
You're probably right but look at what happened to our line when we lost veteran leadership. I think he would be a great mentor if we did get him.

we still have Waters. Brian is one of if not THE best PERSON in the NFL. I'm sure he can provide plenty of leadership....not to mention, we still have Gonzo as well. I don't think Leadership is lacking on this team on either side of the ball with D. Edwards and N. Harris leading the way on the defensive side of the ball.

royalswin100games
02-27-2008, 03:48 PM
we still have Waters. Brian is one of if not THE best PERSON in the NFL. I'm sure he can provide plenty of leadership....not to mention, we still have Gonzo as well. I don't think Leadership is lacking on this team on either side of the ball with D. Edwards and N. Harris leading the way on the defensive side of the ball.

I won't disagree with Waters being a great person but if he was such a great leader/mentor, what happened to the line? The loss of Shields destroyed our line. Faneca may not be Shields but this whole idea of "getting younger" doesn't mean we shouldn't look for top notch players. I agree with your comments about the D. Of course, the Queen may not agree with any of us.

Canada
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I won't disagree with Waters being a great person but if he was such a great leader/mentor, what happened to the line? The loss of Shields destroyed our line. Faneca may not be Shields but this whole idea of "getting younger" doesn't mean we shouldn't look for top notch players. I agree with your comments about the D. Of course, the Queen may not agree with any of us.

Lack of Talent! :bananen_smilies046:

AkChief49
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
I agree with Canada, the line just got old and not very good!!:D no one waiting in the wings to fill in. this better not happen again!!!!!

royalswin100games
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM

So do you think Faneca is talented or too old. I think we should go after him but i'm not the Queen.
:toast2:

Canada
02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
So do you think Faneca is talented or too old. I think we should go after him but i'm not the Queen.
:toast2:

I wouldn't really complain either way....he is good, but his age will probably put his price tag out of our range.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 02:50 AM
I wouldn't really complain either way....he is good, but his age will probably put his price tag out of our range.

What the hell does that mean?

We have cut half the friggin' team, we have money all over the place don't we?

Canada
02-28-2008, 08:39 AM
What the hell does that mean?

We have cut half the friggin' team, we have money all over the place don't we?

It means that if we continue to spend a ton of money on guys in their 30s then we are going to be back to a 4 win season sooner than anyone would like. I would like to see the money being spent on some younger guys who will be on the team for a while. While Faneca is a good player his is about 31 or 32 and I think we need to be going after guys in their 20s. As far a cutting half the team, we still have to replace those guys and Faneca can only play one position! :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
02-28-2008, 11:14 AM
It means that if we continue to spend a ton of money on guys in their 30s then we are going to be back to a 4 win season sooner than anyone would like. I would like to see the money being spent on some younger guys who will be on the team for a while. While Faneca is a good player his is about 31 or 32 and I think we need to be going after guys in their 20s. As far a cutting half the team, we still have to replace those guys and Faneca can only play one position! :bananen_smilies046:
The point is moot!! Faneca is not coming to KC. He will end up with the Jets or the Cardinals. Let's talk about people who actually have a chance of coming here. As far as O linemen go, I don't know of any worth anything that will be available and within our reach ( of course most anyone would help at this point!! ). The FA market is very thin this year. Look at all the teams putting franchise tags on guys! Most of those guys are going to resign with their current team (IE..Moss). One that won't, will be Samuel and we don't have a prayer at him!! Hope we do well in the draft but in my estimation, we have cut soooo many guys that we will be very young this coming season which is good for the future but this next year is going to be another long one I'm afraid.

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Additionally free agents out of Pittsburgh have a history of disappointing. You guys know Kendrell Bell, but check Joey Porter, Antwaan Randle El, Kordell Stewart, etc...all have disappointed in their new homes.

Pittsburgh tends to let guys go at the right time. They hold onto the guys who have good years left. I'd be really wary of pursuing Faneca.

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Additionally free agents out of Pittsburgh have a history of disappointing. You guys know Kendrell Bell, but check Joey Porter, Antwaan Randle El, Kordell Stewart, etc...all have disappointed in their new homes.

Pittsburgh tends to let guys go at the right time. They hold onto the guys who have good years left. I'd be really wary of pursuing Faneca.

Good point. How are we gonna keep Brodie from getting ripped to shreds? Or letting the ball go too early? Of course, the rumor mill says we have interest in Lohsman. He'd better hope he can still run if he wants to start for us.

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Losman is fairly immobile, however he's much sturdier in build than Croyle...so he has that going for him. I think the better answer would be to try and wrest Brady Quinn from Cleveland. With Derek Anderson emerging, they'll likely have to trade Quinn in the next year or two anyhow.

Canada
02-28-2008, 01:03 PM
loseman sucks

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Losman is fairly immobile, however he's much sturdier in build than Croyle...so he has that going for him. I think the better answer would be to try and wrest Brady Quinn from Cleveland. With Derek Anderson emerging, they'll likely have to trade Quinn in the next year or two anyhow.

You really think they will get rid of their golden boy Quinn?

Didn't they trade with Dallas to get him in the first round?

loseman sucks

Tell us how you really feel.

Canada
02-28-2008, 01:12 PM

how do i really fell.? my pnts are too short and i had to wak homne from the dinetdist and the wind was goin up my legs and then that make my thigns chilly and go up into my cvhesty and now i an on the vomputer nad my fingres feel yo fat tos type., sanl loeman sucks add. buck fuffalo

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:15 PM
how do i really fell.? my pnts are too short and i had to wak homne from the dinetdist and the wind was goin up my legs and then that make my thigns chilly and go up into my cvhesty and now i an on the vomputer nad my fingres feel yo fat tos type., sanl loeman sucks add. buck fuffalo

You were drinking at the dentist again?

Why the hell were you walking home?

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM

Yes Cleveland traded up to get Quinn...however they're in the process of signing Derek Anderson to a big long-term contract. When that is done, Quinn is paid to highly to be a backup (salary cap implications) and they'll likely have to trade him as his salary escalates the next couple years.

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Yes Cleveland traded up to get Quinn...however they're in the process of signing Derek Anderson to a big long-term contract. When that is done, Quinn is paid to highly to be a backup (salary cap implications) and they'll likely have to trade him as his salary escalates the next couple years.

So does somebody here actually think we should trade for Quinn? Cleveland will definitely want our # 5. Quinn is overrated. Plus who the heck knows what he'd do in an actual NFL game.

Canada
02-28-2008, 02:17 PM
So does somebody here actually think we should trade for Quinn? Cleveland will definitely want our # 5. Quinn is overrated. Plus who the heck knows what he'd do in an actual NFL game.

If our #5 is not used to pick Long (if he is available) I am going to break things

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 02:18 PM
If our #5 is not used to pick Long (if he is available) I am going to break things

Right on brotha!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
02-28-2008, 02:19 PM
and Buck Fuffalo

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 02:21 PM
and Buck Fuffalo

Can't hate Buffalo too much. Who the heck else would you want to win games in the East? Nuck Few England!

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 02:21 PM

and Buck Fuffalo

Ditto, and...

Ditto!

:mob:

Canada
02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Can't hate Buffalo too much. Who the heck else would you want to win games in the East? Nuck Few England!

Yes you can...put your heart into it man!! Buck Fuffalo!!:bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes you can...put your heart into it man!! Buck Fuffalo!!:bananen_smilies046:
YEAH, @#$%! THE AFC EAST MAN!!

hermhater
02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
This thread just got real strange.

Canada
02-28-2008, 02:50 PM
yeah, its not like all the normal threads that stay on topic

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Okay, so who the heck should we take if Long is not available?

hermhater
02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
yeah, its not like all the normal threads that stay on topic

Good point!

Okay, so who the heck should we take if Long is not available?

Superman!

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Superman![/quote]

:lol: I'd prefer Batman.

Canada
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Superman!

:lol: I'd prefer Batman.[/quote]

Over Superman? Are you nuts?

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
This thread just took a violent leap into stupid.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 03:02 PM

That's because it can leap buildings in a single bound!

:yahoo:

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
That's because it can leap buildings in a single bound!

:yahoo:

Heh!

Canada
02-28-2008, 03:07 PM

What, you mean when you showed up, or just before that?

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 04:13 PM
What, you mean when you showed up, or just before that?
Begining with the two or three posts prior. :p

texaschief
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
ok, so outside of the comic book super heroes....Besides, no way either of Bat or Superman would be available at #5, so that's a moot point.

anyhoo, if the Browns sign Anderson, they'll be looking to trade Quinn. If we were to trade for Quinn, I wouldn't be giving up our #1 pick. Homeboy went at #20 last year. He'd be closer to our 2nd rounder than our 1st rounder. I'd package our 2nd plus a few later rounders to bring in Quinn while basically accomplishing what the Browns did last season by gaining Quinn AND a first round OT.

I'm still wanting to trade with the Cowboys and gain another first rounder and perhaps 2nd.

Adding on to a post in another thread in which i suggested trading our #5 pick for the Cowboy's 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder while also trading a 5th and/or 6th rounder for Pacman. But I'd be ok with trading away a 2nd rounder and a couple later picks for Quinn.

Turning our #5 pick into a pair of first rounders (OL/CB) and Brady Quinn while giving up almost nothing for Pacman would be a great deal for KC in my opinion.

Summary:
Give up
1st #5-trade to cowboys
2nd #4-trade to browns
3rd
4th
4th
5th
6th-trade to titans
6th-trade to browns
7th
7th-trade to browns

Recieve:
1st #22-Cowboys
1st #28-Cowboys
2nd #27-Cowboys
Brady Quinn-Browns
Pacman Jones-Titans

New Draft:
1st
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
4th
5th
7th

Basically, we lose two late round picks for Quinn/Jones.

I'd pull the trigger.

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 07:25 PM
You think CP is going to try to go after Pacman? I thought he didn't like players with shady pasts.

I agree we should try to get a deal done for the 'girls two first rounders. Maybe we could pick up Rogers-Cromartie and/or Cherilus late in that round.

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 07:27 PM

Oh yeah, I didn't start the "stupid" posts, I just ran with it.

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't start the "stupid" posts, I just ran with it.

So you admit it eh! :p

royalswin100games
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
So you admit it eh! :p

I walked right into that one.

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
02-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I started the stupid posts!

It was me!

What do I win?

rbedgood
02-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I started the stupid posts!

It was me!

What do I win?

Hmmm....

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/02/122.jpg

hermhater
02-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Hmmm....

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/02/122.jpg

Awesome!

One of the best movies ever!

Kaiser Soze...

AkChief49
03-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Losman is fairly immobile, however he's much sturdier in build than Croyle...so he has that going for him. I think the better answer would be to try and wrest Brady Quinn from Cleveland. With Derek Anderson emerging, they'll likely have to trade Quinn in the next year or two anyhow.Quinn is more sturdier built than all of them. Robo back. maybe we could add 80 lbs. to him and stick him on the line!!:D