PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Grigsby Update

YZILLA
02-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Boomer Grigsby Update

Warpaint Illustrated has confirmed that Fullback Boomer Grigsby was not tendered a contract by the Chiefs. Technically he's a free agent but the team still holds his rights and can match any offer his agent brings to the Chiefs.

Right now we've been told that both the Miami Dolphins and Carolina Panthers are prepared to offer him a new contract. However, I would not rule out his return to the Chiefs.

If he had been tendered Boomer would have received $915,000 and that would put him in the top five paid fullbacks in the NFL. Thus the Chiefs are likely going to offer him the NFL rookie salary for fourth year players at roughly $550,000.

hermhater
02-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Give Boomer a chance!

jakesmith
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm not really sold on Boomer. I think he could have done a better job of blocking. On that note T-Rich is a FA again. hmmm.....He did a good job in Min this past year. He is old but still blocking good and clearing the way for the RB.

AkChief49
02-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm not really sold on Boomer. I think he could have done a better job of blocking. On that note T-Rich is a FA again. hmmm.....He did a good job in Min this past year. He is old but still blocking good and clearing the way for the RB.that would not be a bad deal, either Tony or Lorenzo Neal

Canada
02-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I would loooooove to see T-Rich in the Red and Gold again!!

AkChief49
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I would loooooove to see T-Rich in the Red and Gold again!!
Me too. Wish we had never let him go!:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
02-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I think T-Rich likes making AP look good. I doubt Carl would swallow his pride and give him what he wants to come back.

Sucks.

jakesmith
03-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I think T-Rich likes making AP look good. I doubt Carl would swallow his pride and give him what he wants to come back.

Sucks.

He did with Edwards. Plus the Viks just signed an FA Fullback from Philli. Come on CP, get T-Rich back!!! (If I say it three times in the mirror it will come true right?)

hermhater
03-01-2008, 01:24 PM
He did with Edwards. Plus the Viks just signed an FA Fullback from Philli. Come on CP, get T-Rich back!!! (If I say it three times in the mirror it will come true right?)

I assume you mean Donnie and not Herm?

I'm still scratching my head over that whole fiasco.

YZILLA
03-01-2008, 08:34 PM
One thing we gotta remember is that boomer never really played that much , other than special teams. He had very little time at fullback and was just starting to light people up coming outa the backfield at the end of the season. I say we give him a chance . Besides he is a stand up guy off the field. That is very rare to come by now days . He is an extremely hard worker and will only get better. he has never played fullback for one thing until last year . I really hope we keep him and give him a full year to let him earn his job. Plus my wife thinks hes hot and who will we get to party with in the parking lot after the game ? That was a highlight for me to be able to tailgate right next to his family and have him come out and hang out with us .

Three7s
03-02-2008, 01:56 AM
I was, actually, impressed with Boomer when he played. I saw him make some absolutely killer blocks against the Raiders when Kolby had that big game.

I'm a little worried about his playing time with the new FB signing, but hopefully it'll be just insurance.

hermhater
03-02-2008, 02:37 AM
One thing we gotta remember is that boomer never really played that much , other than special teams. He had very little time at fullback and was just starting to light people up coming outa the backfield at the end of the season. I say we give him a chance . Besides he is a stand up guy off the field. That is very rare to come by now days . He is an extremely hard worker and will only get better. he has never played fullback for one thing until last year . I really hope we keep him and give him a full year to let him earn his job. Plus my wife thinks hes hot and who will we get to party with in the parking lot after the game ? That was a highlight for me to be able to tailgate right next to his family and have him come out and hang out with us .

Way to stick up for OUR Chiefs man!

I was, actually, impressed with Boomer when he played. I saw him make some absolutely killer blocks against the Raiders when Kolby had that big game.

I'm a little worried about his playing time with the new FB signing, but hopefully it'll be just insurance.

I like Boomer and want him to stay right here in KC and win a Super Bowl ring right here!

Enough with sending our TALENT to other teams so they can get them to the championship!

Canada
03-02-2008, 07:03 AM
I like Boomer and want him to stay right here in KC and win a Super Bowl ring right here!

Enough with sending our TALENT to other teams so they can get them to the championship!

If you are referring to Kavika Mitchell, he got his SB ring but now has to pay the ultimate price. He signed with the team. :beer:

tornadospotter
03-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Bring back T-Rich, to teach Boomer! Boomer needs to stay a Chief. He is a fan Favorite.

AkChief49
03-02-2008, 09:12 AM
If you are referring to Kavika Mitchell, he got his SB ring but now has to pay the ultimate price. He signed with the team. :beer:the one we cannot mention.....:bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
03-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Oooh, and we play them next season at home!:mob:

hermhater
03-02-2008, 02:53 PM
If you are referring to Kavika Mitchell, he got his SB ring but now has to pay the ultimate price. He signed with the team. :beer:

They paid him 16 mil I think.

I would say he GOT paid, he isn't paying!

:11:

Canada
03-02-2008, 05:05 PM
They paid him 16 mil I think.

I would say he GOT paid, he isn't paying!

:11:

Not enough

hermhater
03-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Not enough

Please... you'd move to fubbalo for less than a mil!

Canada
03-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Please... you'd move to fubbalo for less than a mil!

nope

hermhater
03-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Not Arrowcash, I mean Canadian dollars!

Think of all the Budweiser...

:biggrin:

Canada
03-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Not Arrowcash, I mean Canadian dollars!

Think of all the Budweiser...

:biggrin:

still....no

hermhater
03-02-2008, 05:21 PM
still....no

You could eat fubbalo wings and drink beer and ignore the Bills.

Canada
03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
You could eat fubbalo wings and drink beer and ignore the Bills.

I can do that here

hermhater
03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I can do that here

But you would have a million dollars.

No more overtime to get your woman her education, and you could buy your little girls all the Chiefs gear they can stomach!

Canada
03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
nope

AkChief49
03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
way to stick to your guns Canada!!

hermhater
03-02-2008, 11:52 PM
nope

He knows he would.

way to stick to your guns Canada!!

He likes to talk a big game.

I'll bet if the mil was tax free he would change his story real quick!

Canada
03-03-2008, 12:17 AM
hmmmm....nope

hermhater
03-03-2008, 12:33 AM
hmmmm....nope

You know you would.

Canada
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
nope

Canada
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
You know you would.

...but I bet you would go to Oakland for the same :D

hermhater
03-03-2008, 03:45 AM
...but I bet you would go to Oakland for the same :D

don't insult me!

:mob:

Canada
03-03-2008, 06:19 AM
don't insult me!

Why not, that is what you have been doing to me this whole thread!! :D

hermhater
03-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Why not, that is what you have been doing to me this whole thread!! :D

So you're really comparing your hatred for the Bills to my hatred to the Raiders?

How often do we play the Bills? Every 5 years?

We hate the Raiders all year long!

You need to get over your "border" dispute and move on.

I know a pretty good therapist that you could punch out...

:D

Canada
03-04-2008, 05:45 AM
So you're really comparing your hatred for the Bills to my hatred to the Raiders?

How often do we play the Bills? Every 5 years?

We hate the Raiders all year long!

You need to get over your "border" dispute and move on.

I know a pretty good therapist that you could punch out...

:D

How many times have you spilled blood (yours and others) in Oakland? How many times has your wife been pushed and insulted by faders fans?
Are you surrounded daily be fader fans?

Don't get me wrong, I have a hatred for Fader fans, but not like fubbalo :sign0104:

jakesmith
03-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I'll admith Boomer never stood in highlights and that is probably why I didnt see him. Which I really shouldn't do because that is the worst place to judge a player. I guess I think bringing back T-Rich to take Boomer under his wing would be a good idea. Since Boomer never played it before last year. (He was a Linebacker if I remember right.) T-Rich only has a few more seasons left in him and all that knowledge would be well spent. However, this is probably all moot point since Chiefs signed a different FA FB.

Chiefster
03-04-2008, 05:15 PM
don't insult them!

FYR :D

rbedgood
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
For a Million Tax Free, I'd move to Fubbalo, I'd move to Oakland, hell I'd move to Dallas. (gag)...but frankly I wouldn't care...heck for $1,000,000 tax free I'd even where a Cowboys jacket (at least until the check cleared and I had my CASH)

hermhater
03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
How many times have you spilled blood (yours and others) in Oakland? How many times has your wife been pushed and insulted by faders fans?
Are you surrounded daily be fader fans?

Don't get me wrong, I have a hatred for Fader fans, but not like fubbalo :sign0104:

Wow those guys suck.

You win. I'll give the money to rbedgood!

:lol:

I'll admith Boomer never stood in highlights and that is probably why I didnt see him. Which I really shouldn't do because that is the worst place to judge a player. I guess I think bringing back T-Rich to take Boomer under his wing would be a good idea. Since Boomer never played it before last year. (He was a Linebacker if I remember right.) T-Rich only has a few more seasons left in him and all that knowledge would be well spent. However, this is probably all moot point since Chiefs signed a different FA FB.

Boomer.

R.I.P.

FYR :D

You stay away from my reply! :sign0104:

For a Million Tax Free, I'd move to Fubbalo, I'd move to Oakland, hell I'd move to Dallas. (gag)...but frankly I wouldn't care...heck for $1,000,000 tax free I'd even where a Cowboys jacket (at least until the check cleared and I had my CASH)

Here ya go!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/03/18.jpg

:bananen_smilies046: