PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Update ( Sad )

YZILLA
03-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Boomer Grigsby Update - Chiefs Let Him Walk to Miami ( From Warpaint illustrated )

Just got off the phone with Boomer Grigsby who was about to board a plane out of Miami and he told me that he's signed a one-year deal with the Maimi Dolphins. He turned down a two-year offer from an NFC team thinking this was the best chance for him to become a full time starting fullback in the NFL.

We'll have an exclusive interview with him up shortly.

royalswin100games
03-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Unfortunate, good luck Boomer.

m0ef0e
03-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Damn... I wish him the best.

hermhater
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
This is a fiasco.

Chiefster
03-05-2008, 10:02 PM
It happens.

AkChief49
03-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Sorry to see this happen!! Best of luck to you Boomer.!

chief31
03-06-2008, 12:02 AM
This reminds me of last years Kawika Mitchell/Napoleon Harris situation. Get rid of one guy, for a mirror image of the same guy.

Coach
03-06-2008, 12:04 AM
He may have been a locker room favorite, but he didn't do much on the field from what I saw.

hermhater
03-06-2008, 02:54 AM
He may have been a locker room favorite, but he didn't do much on the field from what I saw.

He wasn't even on the field much.

How did you see him?

wolfpack
03-06-2008, 10:06 AM
i wish they had more guys that gave it like he did on the field. it seemed he always gave it all when on the field.
but he was average at best. i would have liked to see them more time at fullback.

anaeelbackwards
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
boomer was a fan favorite.... i will miss seeing him in lot-G with the fans... but i agree with coach. he never really did fill in t-rich's spot at fullback...

mxpxHERO
03-06-2008, 03:05 PM
i remember offering boomer a beer at the raiders game, and i remember his exact quote "tempting as it sounds, i'll take a tonic and water, minus the tonic"

E-Rock
03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
NEVER FILLED HIS SPOT! A linebacker makes it into the pros at a low level and works himself into a back up role on a team that needed good linebackers at the time... (S. Barber, M. Misloski, & S. Fujita -- all career back-ups themselves for the most part). Then when the team is loaded on linebackers a couple years later he guts out a switch that doesn't pan out right away - GIVE THE GUY A BREAK! HE IS A GUTSY, SMART, ENTUSIASTIC FOOTBALL PLAYER & EVERY SPECIAL TEAMS SQUAD WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM ON THE TEAM
- GOOD LUCK BOOMER

E-Rock
03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
NEVER FILLED HIS SPOT! A linebacker makes it into the pros at a low level and works himself into a back up role on a team that needed good linebackers at the time... (S. Barber, M. Misloski, & S. Fujita -- all career back-ups themselves for the most part). Then when the team is loaded on linebackers a couple years later he guts out a switch that doesn't pan out right away - GIVE THE GUY A BREAK! HE IS A GUTSY, SMART, ENTUSIASTIC FOOTBALL PLAYER & EVERY SPECIAL TEAMS SQUAD WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM ON THE TEAM
- GOOD LUCK BOOMER

hermhater
03-07-2008, 04:34 AM
- GOOD LUCK BOOMER

- GOOD LUCK BOOMER

Word!

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-07-2008, 06:13 AM
- GOOD LUCK BOOMER
Agreed. Although it is still quite unknown rather he will be able to perform as a FB.

YZILLA
03-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Watch the jets game last year - he lit some guys up in that game . He really never got to play enough to get to show off his energy. Look how many people say give Brodie Croyle a shot , he hasnt played enough to know if he is gonna be the guy or not ( I think both cases are almost the same ) . Im sure people will disagree but I thought given more of a chance he would have been an impact player ( just like Croyle " Might " be ) .Too late now anyways hes gone. I hope he makes the office at Arrowhead look like fools . I'll be watching him play !

hermhater
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Watch the jets game last year - he lit some guys up in that game . He really never got to play enough to get to show off his energy. Look how many people say give Brodie Croyle a shot , he hasnt played enough to know if he is gonna be the guy or not ( I think both cases are almost the same ) . Im sure people will disagree but I thought given more of a chance he would have been an impact player ( just like Croyle " Might " be ) .Too late now anyways hes gone. I hope he makes the office at Arrowhead look like fools . I'll be watching him play !

Yep!

Totally agree!

I'm sure Boomer will have a SB ring next year like Mitchell and Tynes.

Carl and Herm are asses!

:mob:

chief31
03-15-2008, 05:11 AM

No doubt, I would like to have seean him get that chance here. But having been denied that opportunity, I have a difficult time judging his ability to do the job.

Rep added.

hermhater
03-15-2008, 01:36 PM
No doubt, I would like to have seean him get that chance here. But having been denied that opportunity, I have a difficult time judging his ability to do the job.

Rep added.

There's a lot of that going around when Herm is put in charge.

:mob:

dtforever
03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
it to bvad boomer had to go now who is going to keep jared allen sober?
:toast2:

Canada
03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
it to bvad boomer had to go now who is going to keep jared allen sober?
:toast2:

I will do it!! I will drink any beer that comes near him!! :drunkhb:

dtforever
03-15-2008, 05:38 PM
let him have the odulls

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 08:59 PM

...You being the socially responsible human being that you are. :D

hermhater
03-16-2008, 01:47 AM

Way to be man!!!

You are gonna save the Chiefs!

...You being the socially responsible human being that you are. :D

I'm sure he's just doing it for the beer!

:11:

Canada
03-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Way to be man!!!

You are gonna save the Chiefs!

I'm sure he's just doing it for the beer!

:11:

No, I am doing it for the Chiefs AND then beer!! :beer:

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:00 PM

Either way you're doing for things that I cherish dear to my heart!

:sign0098:

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 09:36 PM

See HH, his priorities are properly placed. :D