PDA

View Full Version : Farve Retires

texaschief
03-04-2008, 11:03 PM
they're reporting on ESPNNEWS that he's stepping down. what are the odds he stays out of the league?

let me guess, everyone here wants to go get him, right?

texaschief
03-04-2008, 11:04 PM
wow....i LOVE that i don't know how to spell his name. :lol: :iamwithstupid:

rbedgood
03-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Personally I think he's done. The Packers have put a pretty good team around him, so there's no need for him to go elsewhere. He was in one of the best spots for him to succeed.

royalswin100games
03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Personally I think he's done. The Packers have put a pretty good team around him, so there's no need for him to go elsewhere. He was in one of the best spots for him to succeed.

I heard Leroy Butler on gamenight say he didn't think he was done. Of course, he also said he didn't understand why Favre's retirement was more important than the primary going on. I think his former teammate doesn't like him.

hermhater
03-05-2008, 04:18 AM
they're reporting on ESPNNEWS that he's stepping down. what are the odds he stays out of the league?

I thought the same thing.

He might do another year.

wow....i LOVE that i don't know how to spell his name. :lol: :iamwithstupid:

I think royals said it best Faa-vre!

:lol:

I think he retired after he got all the records!

The SB ring was probably the clincher, since it was early in his career.

I heard Leroy Butler on gamenight say he didn't think he was done. Of course, he also said he didn't understand why Favre's retirement was more important than the primary going on. I think his former teammate doesn't like him.

That was all over the place.

Don't do that.

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-05-2008, 04:26 AM

This has been a decision that he has been working on for several years. I assume that he has made up his mind.

I will miss him. He was one of few football players that play QB.

hermhater
03-05-2008, 04:30 AM
This has been a decision that he has been working on for several years. I assume that he has made up his mind.

I will miss him. He was one of few football players that play QB.

I used to play QB and my O line was crappy.

So I'm not a football player?

chief31
03-05-2008, 06:19 AM

What team do you play for? The Mighty Tree Gnomes?:lol:

jerhart
03-05-2008, 09:29 AM
...okay first off, I think Favre is an amazing qb and I really have enjoed watching him and hearing all about him the past year I have been up here....but I am gettin tired about hearing all of this. You guys back home in KC have no clue what is going on up here. The Packers might as well be called the Minneapolis Packers too. There are just as many Pack fans here as there are Viking fans. Thus ALL you hear about on every radio station, every tv channel, in every periodical, around every corner, and at every bar....is OH MY GOD BRETT IS DONE!?

Okay fellas....its really sad up here, I can not tell you how many grown men up here I have seen crying on their cellphones while they sport their #4 jerseys....it is ridiculous....like c'mon people, they are acting like the Packers are moving to another city...seriously people...he started as your qb for 16 seasons! I would LOVE to have a QB who started consistently for A season. :yahoo: Packer Fans Move on.

...really wish I was back home in KC now, the people up here have lost it... :wheelchair:

Here is how Minneapolis is looking now represented with smilies:

Packer Fans ------> :mob:
Viking Fans-------> :bananen_smilies046:

Thanks guys for letting me vent...its been a very disturbing 24 hours.

Canada
03-05-2008, 09:30 AM

You are not a football player because you suck...too bad you had a bad O line too! :D

royalswin100games
03-05-2008, 10:20 AM

Faav-reh!

hermhater
03-05-2008, 02:49 PM

You watch yourself guy! :sign0104:

...okay first off, I think Favre is an amazing qb and I really have enjoed watching him and hearing all about him the past year I have been up here....but I am gettin tired about hearing all of this. You guys back home in KC have no clue what is going on up here. The Packers might as well be called the Minneapolis Packers too. There are just as many Pack fans here as there are Viking fans. Thus ALL you hear about on every radio station, every tv channel, in every periodical, around every corner, and at every bar....is OH MY GOD BRETT IS DONE!?

Okay fellas....its really sad up here, I can not tell you how many grown men up here I have seen crying on their cellphones while they sport their #4 jerseys....it is ridiculous....like c'mon people, they are acting like the Packers are moving to another city...seriously people...he started as your qb for 16 seasons! I would LOVE to have a QB who started consistently for A season. Packer Fans Move on.

...really wish I was back home in KC now, the people up here have lost it... :wheelchair:

Here is how Minneapolis is looking now represented with smilies:

Packer Fans ------> :mob:
Viking Fans-------> :bananen_smilies046:

Thanks guys for letting me vent...its been a very disturbing 24 hours.

Tell us how you really feel, guy...

You are not a football player because you suck...too bad you had a bad O line too! :D

You're already on the list, you wanna get moved to the top? :sign0104:

Faav-reh!

My bad... forgot the "h"!

Faav-reh!

royalswin100games
03-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Yep, Faav-reh was great. Now, LET'S MOVE ON ESPN, FOX SPORTS, ETC... HE'S GONE! Of course, he will unretire before training camp begins.

:owws:

hermhater
03-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I think he's really gone for good.

Can't blame the guy, he sort of gets to go out on top?

royalswin100games
03-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I think he's really gone for good.

Can't blame the guy, he sort of gets to go out on top?

Sort of...

rbedgood
03-05-2008, 04:11 PM

Nah, he played in the Powder Puff league...

hermhater
03-07-2008, 05:14 AM
So Brett's first and last pass in the NFL were both interceptions?

Guys?

Am I right?

Was the first one returned for a TD?

Did the last one end his career?

Say it ain't so.

Chiefster
03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
So Brett's first and last pass in the NFL were both interceptions?

Guys?

Am I right?

Was the first one returned for a TD?

Did the last one end his career?

Say it ain't so.

It aint so; there I said it, but that doesn't make my statement accurate. :p

hermhater
03-08-2008, 07:05 PM
It aint so; there I said it, but that doesn't make my statement accurate. :p

Have you ever had an accurate statement?

Why start now?

leaves
03-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm glad favre retired, I think (even tho he did well) he wore himself out this past season. It's also good that he actually did the deed of retiring before the draft. Every yr his tricks have treated GB pretty poorly.

Chiefster
03-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Have you ever had an accurate statement?

Why start now?

I'm not.

hermhater
03-10-2008, 03:28 AM
I'm not.

Good idea.

Neither am I.