PDA

View Full Version : new rumor...

texaschief
03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure how this works or if it was an impersonator or what was going on. But, i used to live in Atlanta for a couple years in 2003-2005. My cousin still lives there and drives a package truck for UPS.

Well, he knows the Chiefs are my favorite team and he gave me a call just now (march, 4 1045pm) and asked me what i thought about our new Corner. I promptly told him we hadn't signed one. He quickly rebuted me and told me he was listening to a radio interview as he drove his truck today.

Apparently, the CB in question said in an interview on "2 Live Stews", that he "was headed to the AFC West to play CB for a team that wears red."

I made sure he heard the interview correctly and i told him i was going to post this rumor on a message board. He assured me that he heard Adam "Pacman" Jones saying he could be in KC by as early as friday.

That being said, I told him i don't like our new CB. :lol:
I don't know if this is valid considering i don't think he's allowed to talk to any NFL teams until he's reinstated to the league. This makes me think he either misunderstood or it was a joke or something else. Like i said, i didn't hear it, so i don't know for sure what the hell is going on.

royalswin100games
03-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm not sure how this works or if it was an impersonator or what was going on. But, i used to live in Atlanta for a couple years in 2003-2005. My cousin still lives there and drives a package truck for UPS.

Well, he knows the Chiefs are my favorite team and he gave me a call just now (march, 4 1045pm) and asked me what i thought about our new Corner. I promptly told him we hadn't signed one. He quickly rebuted me and told me he was listening to a radio interview as he drove his truck today.

Apparently, the CB in question said in an interview on "2 Live Stews", that he "was headed to the AFC West to play CB for a team that wears red."

I made sure he heard the interview correctly and i told him i was going to post this rumor on a message board. He assured me that he heard Adam "Pacman" Jones saying he could be in KC by as early as friday.

That being said, I told him i don't like our new CB. :lol:
I don't know if this is valid considering i don't think he's allowed to talk to any NFL teams until he's reinstated to the league. This makes me think he either misunderstood or it was a joke or something else. Like i said, i didn't hear it, so i don't know for sure what the hell is going on.

CP supposedly likes players with good character. Therefore, I doubt he plays for us. I guess if he doesn't get in trouble and plays to his potential, it would be good to have someone of his athletic ability on our team. He sure has dodged a lot of bullets for the crap he's pulled.

hermhater
03-05-2008, 04:10 AM
I thought you had lived in Texas all your life?

Living in Atlanta for any length of time revokes your football credentials.

:biggrin:

hermhater
03-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Oh yeah, by the way I think Carl will sign him!

chief31
03-05-2008, 04:17 AM
A.) When is he going to be allowed to play? Or is he going to be allowed to play?

B.) Obviously, the guy is a serious talent, and would likely be a bargain too. He is a top-tier CB and a top-tier KR too.

C.) Wow, the guy sure knows how to make an *** of himself.

Overall, I would be pretty happy to have him here if he is going to be allowed on the field, and can keep himself focused on football.

But, until something official is announced, it's just an entertaining thought.

P.S. I would still be looking for some young CB talent through the draft.

hermhater
03-05-2008, 04:22 AM
A.) When is he going to be allowed to play? Or is he going to be allowed to play?

B.) Obviously, the guy is a serious talent, and would likely be a bargain too. He is a top-tier CB and a top-tier KR too.

C.) Wow, the guy sure knows how to make an *** of himself.

Overall, I would be pretty happy to have him here if he is going to be allowed on the field, and can keep himself focused on football.

But, until something official is announced, it's just an entertaining thought.

P.S. I would still be looking for some young CB talent through the draft.

Just so you know I agree with that too!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
CP supposedly likes players with good character. Therefore, I doubt he plays for us. I guess if he doesn't get in trouble and plays to his potential, it would be good to have someone of his athletic ability on our team. He sure has dodged a lot of bullets for the crap he's pulled.

He still paid LJ 45 million. :D

jerhart
03-05-2008, 09:18 AM

pshhh....I thought you were going to say DeAngelo Hall....but Pacman? No deal....I would rather do the JA for Lito Shepard and the two draft picks then to add a cancer like Pacman....

m0ef0e
03-05-2008, 12:49 PM
pshhh....I thought you were going to say DeAngelo Hall....but Pacman? No deal....I would rather do the JA for Lito Shepard and the two draft picks then to add a cancer like Pacman....

Aww... Cmon... Pacman will have his thug buddies shoot-out the kneecaps of the top receiver he will be facing every week and he will do wonders for the night-club/strip-joint, drug, and gambling economies in KC...

WTF!?!??! Pacman in KC... :lol: :beer: :drunkhb:

I'm gonna try to forget I ever read that...

stlchief
03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
This was before he read that Erotic City was being shut down....

After he hears that, it will change his mind. Truth be told, that might be the real reason no FA's are coming to KC. With EC closing, what is there really to do?

hermhater
03-05-2008, 01:30 PM
This was before he read that Erotic City was being shut down....

After he hears that, it will change his mind. Truth be told, that might be the real reason no FA's are coming to KC. With EC closing, what is there really to do?

Erotic City closed?

That's it, I'm moving!

:lol:

Coach
03-05-2008, 11:18 PM
He sure has dodged a lot of bullets for the crap he's pulled.
Rim shot please.

AkChief49
03-05-2008, 11:35 PM
pacman jones?...here? no freakin' way!! He's got loads of talent but the downside is way too much. unless, his contract stipulates "you screw up, gone, don't have to pay you, bye- bye". I'm not sure even then.....man we need the talent, especially at this position- but that would be a huge gamble....do not see it happening..imo

rbedgood
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I think Pacman Jones would be worth the risk if you can sign him without a signing bonus (no cap penalty for releasing him down the road)...then give him roster bonuses at the end of each year (essentially guaranteed money if you stay out of trouble)

mxpxHERO
03-06-2008, 03:09 PM
:sign0153: :drunkhb:

and i thought this thread was worth reading.

ill just pretend i didn't read the name pac-man jones and the chiefs in the same sentence.

hermhater
03-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Rim shot please.

Ba-da-bing!

:bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3281503

He may not be interested...

hermhater
03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3281503

He may not be interested...

The Cowgirls???

What a joke.

I wonder if he will even play in '08.

texaschief
03-08-2008, 10:27 PM
The Tennesseean
"Cowboys like Pacman..."

The Titans in recent weeks have talked to a number of teams about Jones, and so far the Cowboys have shown the most interest, sources familiar with the situation said. The Miami Dolphins and a few others also appear interested.

Detroit, Oakland, Kansas City, Houston, New Orleans and New England are among those to have expressed at least some level of interest.

Hey, i found proof of KC interest. :lol:

McLovin
03-09-2008, 12:20 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/735328.html

chief31
03-09-2008, 03:11 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/735328.html

Nice find. Thanks for bringing that to the thread. Rep.

leaves
03-09-2008, 08:28 PM
I would take him if he accepts the pay drop (although he should being unused in a yr). I think he would be very helpful, give us a consistent returner, and i think herm could prob. simmer him down.
That being said, i'm sure he'll end up at dallas. I've heard the interest is growing there, and i'm sure pacman would love the chance.