PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Al Davis and the Raiders

Coach
03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Say what you want about the Raiders organization, but at least they are trying to do some things in free agency. I saw they signed Javon Walker today. I think he would have been a great find for the Chiefs, but I can't believe the money he got. 6yrs, $55mm.
http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/517556.html

They also signed OT Kwame Harris from SF. This helps our chances of landing Jake Long.

Also, Warren Sapp announced his retirement. That also imrpoves the chances of Oakland using their draft pick for another position. If Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey are still look to address DT or RB, before they would come after another tackle after they just signed Kwamie Harris.

This is all great news for the Chiefs.

m0ef0e
03-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm glad we passed on Walker for that kind of cash. I would rather take a chance on Brandon Lloyd. With the season Lloyd had last year, somebody may be able to get a really good deal on him and he may prove to be a steal if he gets back to form.

I don't even know if Lloyd is up for grabs but I remember somebody mentioning it and I would love to have the Blue Springs native back in KC.

hermhater
03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
That does bode well for OUR Chiefs!!!

Now lets just hope Long is available and Carl doesn't try to get someone else at #5!

GO CHIEFS!

Chiefster
03-05-2008, 10:49 PM
There needs to be a balance of good drafting and FA acquisition; I don't know how effectively one can build a championship team through mostly FA. Carl has tried it and failed miserably. IMO

royalswin100games
03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
That does bode well for OUR Chiefs!!!

Now lets just hope Long is available and Carl doesn't try to get someone else at #5!

GO CHIEFS!

Watch, he's gonna draft a running back. :sign0104:

Coach
03-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Watch, he's gonna draft a running back. :sign0104:

Only way we take McFadden is if we are trading him to Dallas.

royalswin100games
03-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Only way we take McFadden is if we are trading him to Dallas.

I know, j/k. But you never know what that crazy Carl will do! :D

AkChief49
03-06-2008, 12:17 AM
the faders have spent some serious money in fa. I hope it blows up in their faces!!

rbedgood
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
This will make all of you laugh...my cousin called me yesterday (huge Raiders fan)...and asked, "How should I feel about the Javon Walker signing"

All I told him was, "Well if you want an indication, I'm happy about it"

He proceeded to say, he figured as much, and he wishes Al Davis would go away...

I told him to go buy a McFadden jersey now and set the trend early and he said something I can't repeat here!!!

Chiefster
03-06-2008, 11:28 PM
This will make all of you laugh...my cousin called me yesterday (huge Raiders fan)...and asked, "How should I feel about the Javon Walker signing"

He proceeded to say, he figured as much, and he wishes Al Davis would go away...

I told him to go buy a McFadden jersey now and set the trend early and he said something I can't repeat here!!!

I feel his pain in this regard, feeling the same about Carl.

hermhater
03-07-2008, 02:53 AM

That is hilarious!!!

I can't wait to see the morons in Oakland shooting each other over McFadden jerseys!

:lol:

I feel his pain in this regard, feeling the same about Carl.

You're not laughing! :sign0104:

Canada
03-07-2008, 09:44 AM
My thoughts on Al Davis and the Faders.

They suck

That is all!

hermhater
03-07-2008, 04:51 PM
My thoughts on Al Davis and the Faders.

They suck

That is all!

Heather Graham is hot!