PDA

View Full Version : Just watching NFL Network.

hermhater
03-07-2008, 04:52 AM
They say Jake Long is gonna go at number 2.

Then they showed clips of him running over people (to be honest it looked like blitzing corners).

He looked like the biggest dude on the field, but he was only blocking someone my size.

Is he really our only hope?

chief31
03-07-2008, 06:10 AM

Then they showed clips of him running over people (to be honest it looked like blitzing corners).

He looked like the biggest dude on the field, but he was only blocking someone my size.

I think you need to see more highlights. :D

jerhart
03-07-2008, 08:39 AM

He IS the biggest guy on the field... :yahoo:

...he isn't our only hope...there are other 'good' OT's out there like clady, but yaaaaaaaaaaaa...they're only 'good,' not 'great' :sign0098:

royalswin100games
03-07-2008, 10:09 AM

We should trade the pick and get Williams from Vandy, Otah from Pitt, or Cherilus from BC later in the round. Of course, as I posted earlier, Carl won't do that. He'll draft a running back. :D

Three7s
03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Or kicker.

hermhater
03-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I think you need to see more highlights. :D

Looked on YouTube and could only find a couple of clips.

They didn't really show him doing much.

kcmostwanted
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I Have a feeling the Rams are giong to take him too which really sucks!!!
And then the Raiders are probably going to take McD.. And we're going to end up w/ the two DT's as the top rated players on our draft board..

Carl needs to work something out w/ another team incase this situation arises so we won't have to reach for another Left Tackle....

Chiefster
03-07-2008, 11:15 PM
And then the Raiders are probably going to take McD.. And we're going to end up w/ the two DT's as the top rated players on our draft board..

Carl needs to work something out w/ another team incase this situation arises so we won't have to reach for another Left Tackle....

I can understand the reasoning behind picking the top ranked player available irregardless of the position played, but there, also, comes a time when they need to fill the teams most pressing needs.

hermhater
03-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I can understand the reasoning behind picking the top ranked player available irregardless of the position played, but there, also, comes a time when they need to fill the teams most pressing needs.

What do you feel are our most pressing needs sir?

Chiefster
03-08-2008, 12:04 AM
What do you feel are our most pressing needs sir?

O-line

O-line, and...

Oh. O-line.

hermhater
03-08-2008, 12:14 AM
O-line

O-line, and...

Oh. O-line.

I happen to agree with you!

:sign0098:

Coach
03-08-2008, 09:12 AM

With Herm being the a "defense first" coach, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs keep the pick and pick up a DT and try to grab an OT in the 2nd rd. Or package a couple of picks together to get another late 1st rounder.

Three7s
03-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I remember someone talking with Peterson at the Senior Bowl, and the person asked him, if he had the first pick in the draft, who would he pick. He said he'd pick Dorsey. I'd rather get Long, but Dorsey wouldn't be awful, with our pathetic run defense.

hermhater
03-08-2008, 04:32 PM
With Herm being the a "defense first" coach, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs keep the pick and pick up a DT and try to grab an OT in the 2nd rd. Or package a couple of picks together to get another late 1st rounder.

When is this trade talk gonna end?

Why wouldn't we take the best O line player out there?

I remember someone talking with Peterson at the Senior Bowl, and the person asked him, if he had the first pick in the draft, who would he pick. He said he'd pick Dorsey. I'd rather get Long, but Dorsey wouldn't be awful, with our pathetic run defense.

O lineman!:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-09-2008, 03:18 AM
When is this trade talk gonna end?

The second day of the draft. :D

hermhater
03-09-2008, 03:24 AM
The second day of the draft. :D

Is that supposed to make me feel better?

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Is that supposed to make me feel better?

Nope. That's just the best guess that I could come up with. :D

hermhater
03-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Nope. That's just the best guess that I could come up with. :D

Works for me!

Chiefster
03-09-2008, 11:12 PM

That sounds like Herm alright.

hermhater
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM
That sounds like Herm alright.

I can't stand that guy.

Chiefster
03-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I can't stand that guy.

...Hard for me to stomach as well.

hermhater
03-10-2008, 12:50 AM
...Hard for me to stomach as well.

I hate to wish bad things upon anyone, but maybe he will develop a huge hemroid that keeps him from coaching.

It would be best for the team.

Chiefster
03-10-2008, 12:56 AM
I hate to wish bad things upon anyone, but maybe he will develop a huge hemroid that keeps him from coaching.

It would be best for the team.

Something George Brett knows all too well.

hermhater
03-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Something George Brett knows all too well.

Did he play for the Chiefs?

:biggrin:

Chiefster
03-10-2008, 01:04 AM

No...

royalswin100games
03-10-2008, 01:32 AM

If he played for the Chiefs, we'd have a few more super bowls. :D

hermhater
03-10-2008, 03:11 AM
If he played for the Chiefs, we'd have a few more super bowls. :D

Especially if he could have used the pine tar bat against opponents!!

Helmet or not a bat is gonna tackle you!

:11:

YZILLA
03-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Im not gonna piss and moan until I see what happens on Draft Day. I do believe Herm has a plan and it will be a good one. I dont plan on us being effective until 2009 maybe 2010. We are gonna be very young , but it will take that long to get the plan working. Next couple of years will be spent making the new recruits get stronger and up to NFL game Speed. Our Defense will be awsome this year but might tire quickly if we go three and out ALL the time like we did last year. We have Sippio remember . He is gonna be the secret weapon that noone is ready for on the other teams . We will using him and Tony G for our across the middle , short first down passes and Webb and Bowe will stretch things out . Im excited and after going to all the games I went to last year and watching them lose. It can really only get better. If it gets worse at least we will have an early draft pick again. Dont count on big things this year ...... But be a chiefs fan and enjoy life . We will have our day in glory again just wait and see. GO CHIEFS !!!

hermhater
03-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Im not gonna piss and moan until I see what happens on Draft Day. I do believe Herm has a plan and it will be a good one. I dont plan on us being effective until 2009 maybe 2010. We are gonna be very young , but it will take that long to get the plan working. Next couple of years will be spent making the new recruits get stronger and up to NFL game Speed. Our Defense will be awsome this year but might tire quickly if we go three and out ALL the time like we did last year. We have Sippio remember . He is gonna be the secret weapon that noone is ready for on the other teams . We will using him and Tony G for our across the middle , short first down passes and Webb and Bowe will stretch things out . Im excited and after going to all the games I went to last year and watching them lose. It can really only get better. If it gets worse at least we will have an early draft pick again. Dont count on big things this year ...... But be a chiefs fan and enjoy life . We will have our day in glory again just wait and see. GO CHIEFS !!!

Very nice!

Rep.

:sign0098:

rbedgood
03-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Hmmm...please send CP & Herm to my 49ers...they have a later 1st round pick, and I'd really like to see them trade that for a 2nd round and an early pick for next year. We need a QB, but no one seems to realize that in Santa Clara (49ers offices)

Chiefster
03-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Hmmm...please send CP & Herm to my 49ers...they have a later 1st round pick, and I'd really like to see them trade that for a 2nd round and an early pick for next year. We need a QB, but no one seems to realize that in Santa Clara (49ers offices)

...Deal! :D

Chiefster
03-24-2008, 09:21 AM

If life has taught me anything in my short 44 years of existence it's that things can really ALWAYS get worse.

hermhater
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
If life has taught me anything in my short 44 years of existence it's that things can really ALWAYS get worse.

It's all about the hope!

rbedgood
03-26-2008, 12:41 AM
...Deal! :D

Hey, we ain't keeping them, just want Herm and CP to slap our management upside the head a couple times...

Chiefster
03-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Hey, we ain't keeping them, just want Herm and CP to slap our management upside the head a couple times...

No, no; that ain't the deal - if you take 'em it's for keeps.

rbedgood
03-27-2008, 04:56 AM
No, no; that ain't the deal - if you take 'em it's for keeps.

We'll pass...thanks though. I'll just have to go over and punch Nolan in the chops myself.

hermhater
03-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Are you saying you're a Herm and Carl fan?

Or just hate your teams management more?

rbedgood
03-27-2008, 05:01 AM
Are you saying you're a Herm and Carl fan?

Or just hate your teams management more?

Nolan sucks more...

Canada
03-27-2008, 03:21 PM
If life has taught me anything in my short 44 centuries of existence it's that things can really ALWAYS get worse.

FYP!! :p

Chiefster
03-28-2008, 09:15 PM
We'll pass...thanks though. I'll just have to go over and punch Nolan in the chops myself.

Great I'll sell tickets! :D

FYP!! :p

Thank you; in my extreme old age I sometimes revisit my billionth childhood.