PDA

View Full Version : oh....wow!

texaschief
03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Whitlock wins prestigious national prize
by FOXSports.com

Updated: March 7, 2008, 5:57 PM EST
add thisRSSblogemailprint
The rest of the world is finding out what FOXSports.com readers already know. Love him or hate him, you can't stop reading Jason Whitlock.
Whitlock was honored this week with the National Journalism Award for commentary by the Scripps Howard Foundation.
Whitlock, cited for his work for the Kansas City Star, receives a $10,000 award and a trophy for what the Foundation called "his ability to seamlessly integrate sports commentary with social commentary and to challenge widely held assumptions along the racial divide."

That comes as no surprise to FOXSports.com readers, who know they can count on "Big Sexy" to bring that same hard-hitting game to his weekly columns here.

"It's a tremendous honor," Whitlock said. "I'm really humbled. Mike Royko, my idol, received one of these awards in 1981. I couldn't be in any better company."

The awards, open to all U.S. news organizations and college journalism educators, honor the best in print, Web and electronic journalism, journalism education as well as distinguished service to the First Amendment.

"These awards celebrate the role of journalism in a democratic society and we are proud to recognize the nation's best writers, photographers, cartoonists, editors and teachers," said Mike Phillips, the Foundation's president and chief executive officer. "Our country and our communities are better places because of the work honored by these awards."

The Scripps Howard Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the E.W. Scripps Company.

Thought all of you would enjoy this. LMAO

hermhater
03-07-2008, 10:19 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

I guess Hell has frozen over.

Geez...

Chiefster
03-07-2008, 11:26 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

I guess Hell has frozen over.

Geez...

You mean the Chiefs have won the Super Bowl???

tammietailgator
03-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Wow is right. I see little pigs flying over my house ... or are they little whitlocks? can't tell the difference.

royalswin100games
03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
:fatlock:Me win award:fatlock:

hermhater
03-08-2008, 12:30 AM
You mean the Chiefs have won the Super Bowl???

Quit teasin'!

:mob:

Wow is right. I see little pigs flying over my house ... or are they little whitlocks? can't tell the difference.

:lol:

:fatlock:Me win award:fatlock:

:lol: yet again!

royalswin100games
03-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Adios Crowd personnel, have to go.

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
03-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Adios Crowd personnel, have to go.

:bananen_smilies046:

Save a life!