PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones and Chris Henery...

Chiefster
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
...feeling the ire of the new Commish; I say it's about time!

Packman is gone for the year and Chris Henry is out for 7 weeks. Jared Allen is lucky he only got a 4 week suspension; he better watch his off field behavior.

kenny1937
04-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I agree, when your off field behavior effects the team, ie suspensions ect, than you become useless sitting on the bench, no matter who you don't want to play for Jared.

:owws: :running:

Canada
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
They got what they deserved, however if the NFL wants to discourage behaviour like this why did I waste my afternoon hearing about it over and over again on the NFL network. I swear those guys run one story at a time over and over. I wonder if they like to beat dead horses. These guys have gotten more media attention in the last couple of weeks than most guys in the NFL got all last season...all because they are idiots. I don't get it.

wolfpack
04-11-2007, 06:52 PM
i`ll never understand why these players do this. they are living a dream millions of people wish for. money and tv limelite make them just stupid. they deserve what they get.

Chiefster
04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
They got what they deserved, however if the NFL wants to discourage behaviour like this why did I waste my afternoon hearing about it over and over again on the NFL network. I swear those guys run one story at a time over and over. I wonder if they like to beat dead horses. These guys have gotten more media attention in the last couple of weeks than most guys in the NFL got all last season...all because they are idiots. I don't get it.

They totally need to fire their programing manager.

Chiefster
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Congrats on your first 100 posts Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan! :D

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-11-2007, 11:42 PM
those guys are freakin criminals
did you guys see deion's take on the whole thing, I am a Florida Sate fan so I have to like Deion some,but he must be the dumbest person alive. if oyu go on NFL.com they show a clip with him and adam shecter and i really think he is saying this was too severe and they ar leavin the young players/criminals out to dry, He was like I ask Ray Lewis and he doesnt like this decision ------cuz he is a damn criminal :wtfdude:

Coach
04-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Congrats on your first 100 posts Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan! :D

ditto that. Quick work too.

kenny1937
04-12-2007, 12:39 AM
i`ll never understand why these players do this. they are living a dream millions of people wish for. money and tv limelite make them just stupid. they deserve what they get.

Yes, you said it wolfpack, I totally agree with you.
GO CHIEFS!!

:yoyo:

Chiefster
04-12-2007, 02:05 AM
ditto that. Quick work too.

He has earned high honors at the Chiefster school of post whoring. :bananen_smilies105:

Canada
04-12-2007, 08:11 AM
awwww shucks...thanks fellas

Chiefster
04-12-2007, 08:23 AM
awwww shucks...thanks fellas

Hey, we call 'em as we see 'em. :)

jgunn1966
04-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I heard that Pacman wants to come back and to return to WVU and finish his degree,I hope this is a joke. I live in Mo-town and all he did was cause trouble and not attend class. All that knew Pacman during his college days also knew he was bound for trouble when he got the big payday in the NFL. Please stay out Morgantown WE DON"T WANT YOU!!!

Chiefster
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I heard that Pacman wants to come back and to return to WVU and finish his degree,I hope this is a joke. I live in Mo-town and all he did was cause trouble and not attend class. All that knew Pacman during his college days also knew he was bound for trouble when he got the big payday in the NFL. Please stay out Morgantown WE DON"T WANT YOU!!!

A leopard won't change his spots.

kenny1937
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM

Sounds like this guy was trouble from the git go, ooops he just pulled up in his jeep!! :H2:

stlchief
04-13-2007, 12:51 AM
It's sad, but what % of the population has this problem? Is it any surprise that some people in the NFL are bad? Or does it seem shocking because it's on TV?

Chiefster
04-13-2007, 05:30 AM
It's sad, but what % of the population has this problem? Is it any surprise that some people in the NFL are bad? Or does it seem shocking because it's on TV?

Good point; it is a symptom of a much larger problem. However, having said thus, these guys are getting paid huge amounts of money to willfully place themselves in the public eye to play a game. Whether they want to be or not they are a role model and have a responsibility to a league that has extended to them a way of life that most of us could only dream of.

Canada
04-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't think all NFL players should have to be role models. I think it is a shame that they do not feel they have a moral responsibility to be good role models, but as a father of two children I think that role models are doctors, nurses, school teachers, people who not only give back to their communities, but make a living helping others in those communities. I think the world of the players in the NFL who are willing to be role mdels, but in the end it is an employer/employee relationship between the NFL and the players. Every single person in the world has the responsibility to be a good role model for our youth and if we are looking to the NFL for those role models then I think we are in a lot of trouble. We can all sit here all day saying that they "willfully place themselves in the public eye to play a game", but i don't really think that it is a game to them, and if you chose this profession, you have no choice but to live in the public eye. I am not condoning the actions of Pac Man Jones or Chris Henry or anyone else in the league, but lets all remember that most of these guys are just kids that we are handing million dollar checks to and then telling them to behave. I think the whole idea of making role models out of NFL players is a little ridiculous, but that is just my two cents.

stlchief
04-13-2007, 09:01 PM
YO - Canada.

I think we are in sync (not the boy band, but on the same page). I would love it if every sports figure was a role model, but alas, they are just a subset of society --> and the subset was chosen because of physical talent, not strength of character.

As a father, I am glad the NFL is trying to put up a clean image. As someone who was once 24 and can only imagine the lifestyle I would have chosen had I been given $$$$, I would be saying as long as I perform on Sunday, leave me alone.

The guys need to clean up for themselves, not for the NFL.

And you are RIGHT --> If the PARENTS are placing these people as role models because of their profession, they are the ones who need to be punished.

All that said, it's the NFL's decision. They sign the check. If the Pacman and Henry don't like it, they have the same choice we all have when we don't agree with our employer --> go find another job. But if you want to get paid, you have to do what the boss says...

Chiefster
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't think all NFL players should have to be role models. I think it is a shame that they do not feel they have a moral responsibility to be good role models, but as a father of two children I think that role models are doctors, nurses, school teachers, people who not only give back to their communities, but make a living helping others in those communities. I think the world of the players in the NFL who are willing to be role mdels, but in the end it is an employer/employee relationship between the NFL and the players. Every single person in the world has the responsibility to be a good role model for our youth and if we are looking to the NFL for those role models then I think we are in a lot of trouble. We can all sit here all day saying that they "willfully place themselves in the public eye to play a game", but i don't really think that it is a game to them, and if you chose this profession, you have no choice but to live in the public eye. I am not condoning the actions of Pac Man Jones or Chris Henry or anyone else in the league, but lets all remember that most of these guys are just kids that we are handing million dollar checks to and then telling them to behave. I think the whole idea of making role models out of NFL players is a little ridiculous, but that is just my two cents.

You make a good point but ignore the fact that kids are going to look up to these guys whether we or society want them to or not, hence forth because of their position in society they are role models good or bad whether they like it or not regardless of the many other roles models society has to offer. That's really my only point, and just my two cents.

chief31
04-14-2007, 09:56 AM
YO - Canada.

I think we are in sync (not the boy band, but on the same page). I would love it if every sports figure was a role model, but alas, they are just a subset of society --> and the subset was chosen because of physical talent, not strength of character.

As a father, I am glad the NFL is trying to put up a clean image. As someone who was once 24 and can only imagine the lifestyle I would have chosen had I been given $$$$, I would be saying as long as I perform on Sunday, leave me alone.

The guys need to clean up for themselves, not for the NFL.

And you are RIGHT --> If the PARENTS are placing these people as role models because of their profession, they are the ones who need to be punished.

All that said, it's the NFL's decision. They sign the check. If the Pacman and Henry don't like it, they have the same choice we all have when we don't agree with our employer --> go find another job. But if you want to get paid, you have to do what the boss says...

You can, officially, place me on the opposite side of the fence, on this issue.

Does anyone here know the names of ten, or more, doctors or teachers in the city of..... let's say..... Jacksonville Florida? I'm going to go ahead and assume, for the sake of continuing, that that is a "no". So, who are our role models? Can you name ten proffesional football players in Jacksonville? Maybe not, but I'm guessing that we can all name more football players , there than teachers and doctors.

One big reson that these atheletes are being considered role models, is because, along with children, WE look up to these people. If the professional sports leagues allow their employees to go around toting handguns, and getting into shootouts, or even running into the stands to punch fans, then they will become unappealing to us. Because we want to see the good guys succeed. One need to look, no further than our government, or any big corporation to watch the selfish a55holes, of the world, find success.

Who do our children look at, and think to themselves "Wow, I want to grow up to be like him"? Think back to when you were a kid. Who did you think that way about? There may have been a guy, or two, in your life. However, I believe we all had some role models, from the television. Rather it would be actors or atheletes, most kids find role models, in that way. Generally, you have local role models,( people who you meet, personally.) and then national role models ( People on the news, movies, T.V. sports stadiums, or radio.) Unless you decide to become Amish, then this is, pretty much, unavoidable.

The fact is, that it is irrational to think that children shouldn't look to atheletes to be role models. I believe that every professional athelete should be held to a role models standards. Because they are role models. Character should be an issue for these atheletes, For many different reasons.

I loved watching the N.B.A., when Michael Jordan was ruling the world. I haven't watched ten minutes of any basketball game, in several years, now. Mike was as fascinating an individual, as he was an athelete. Certainly, he was not perfect, at either. However, he was amazing, at both. The reason I no longer watch the N.B.A., is because I have no interest in watching glorified street violence. (I get my share of violence, from the U.F.C.) If Pacman Jones is the best football player, in the world, then I prefer to watch the second best.

Canada
04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
I am not disagreeing with you...these athletes are "role models" but not to the point that my children want to grow up and be them. My children want to grow up to be the nameless, faceless doctor, nurse, teacher or paramedic. The role models that my children look up to don't need to be spoiled and paraded around like show ponies. I do not need to be "ahmish" to show my children that the role models who truly deserve our respect and attention are not the fastest guy on the field ar the guy who can catch a ball or shoot a puck, it is the people who treat others with respect regardless of where they work, what they do or who they play for. There are many professional athletes who are great role models "Derrick Thomas", but they are good role models for the type of people that they are, not who people tell them they have to be. I don't need to know a doctors name to know that he is a great role model and if you ask most little kids you will get a lot of them who want to be baseball, football or hockey players but you will also get a lot of them that want to be doctors, paramedics and firefighters and I can assure you that it is not because they know the name s of men in these profession but they continue to be much better role models that the average professional athlete who is on the same level as the a55hole fortune 500 exec on wall street.

Canada
04-14-2007, 11:05 AM
You make a good point but ignore the fact that kids are going to look up to these guys whether we or society want them to or not, hence forth because of their position in society they are role models good or bad whether they like it or not regardless of the many other roles models society has to offer. That's really my only point, and just my two cents.
You can force a man to abide by the rules, but you can not force him to be a good role model.

chief31
04-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I am not disagreeing with you...these athletes are "role models" but not to the point that my children want to grow up and be them. My children want to grow up to be the nameless, faceless doctor, nurse, teacher or paramedic. The role models that my children look up to don't need to be spoiled and paraded around like show ponies. I do not need to be "ahmish" to show my children that the role models who truly deserve our respect and attention are not the fastest guy on the field ar the guy who can catch a ball or shoot a puck, it is the people who treat others with respect regardless of where they work, what they do or who they play for. There are many professional athletes who are great role models "Derrick Thomas", but they are good role models for the type of people that they are, not who people tell them they have to be. I don't need to know a doctors name to know that he is a great role model and if you ask most little kids you will get a lot of them who want to be baseball, football or hockey players but you will also get a lot of them that want to be doctors, paramedics and firefighters and I can assure you that it is not because they know the name s of men in these profession but they continue to be much better role models that the average professional athlete who is on the same level as the a55hole fortune 500 exec on wall street.

Well, most doctors' personalities aren't on display, for the entire world to judge. Making it much more difficult to evaluate their personal behavior and compare them against atheletes. Though, I would find it hard to believe, that there are too many doctors, shooting rival gang members, many of them are responsible for accidental and careless deaths. A doctor doesn't have the pressure of dealing with the national press, following them home from work. I would believe you to be in denial, if you told me that you never wanted to grow up to be like some athelete, or actor, on T.V., when you were young. Admiration is the root of what it means to have a role model. Did you never admire the accomplishments of a television personality?

Canada
04-14-2007, 11:25 AM
I am not denying that athletes are role models, and sure I admire them, I still do. but I wanted to be a paramedic since I was a little kid, not a pro athlete. It is not the personality of a role model that makes them what they are. Do you truly believe that what we see on TV is what all these guys are really like? And the pressure of the national press...compared to the pressure of a human life in your hands? And who makes more money? That is the problem with society...athletes are on TV all the time and are rewarded with millions of dollars and our kids look up to them without any guidance and want to be just like them and then we think that we have the right to sit here and complain that Pac Man jones is an a55hole or Chris Henry is not a good role model. We are the ones that made this type of behaviour OK...so I guess we agree to disagree, but I personally will continue to watch football and shake my head when I see the next DUI or domestic assault charge come down on yet another pro athlete, but the role models that myself and my children look up to will continue to be the people who try to make the world a better place because they were there.

chief31
04-14-2007, 11:26 AM
More directly, on topic, I think that Pacmans punishment, from the N.F.L., is unfair. Not unjust, simply unfair.

The reason being, because at the time of his infractions, there was a certain set of rules in place. Then, when the league handed-down their punishment, they went by the new, more stern, rules. If there is a price to be paid, for breaking a rule, then how can you suggest that someone pay a new price?

Canada
04-14-2007, 11:29 AM
More directly, on topic, I think that Pacmans punishment, from the N.F.L., is unfair. Not unjust, simply unfair.

The reason being, because at the time of his infractions, there was a certain set of rules in place. Then, when the league handed-down their punishment, they went by the new, more stern, rules. If there is a price to be paid, for breaking a rule, then how can you suggest that someone pay a new price?
He had two offences that were not reported to the NFL and that is punishable by suspension.

jgunn1966
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
I agree Chiefster kids will always look for role models in sports.

Canada
04-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately you are correct...and that is the problem

stlchief
04-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Who didn't want to grow up to be an athlete / actor? You are right. 99% of us did. But guess what - my parents didn't tell me about other choices.

I do tell my kids, everyday, about the "helpers" of the world. Ask my 3 yr old, and athlete is not on the list of things to be. Now, as a child grows, they get more exposure to the other things.

It's my job / responsibility to make sure my kids have the tools to pick role models for themselves. I just don't think I can ask someone else to alter the way they choose to live their life for my kid's benefit.

If the NFL, as a business, chooses to ask their employees to be role models, than I support it. But if we think the NFL is doing it for anything other than $$, I think we are fooling ourselves.

Anyway - back to the thread. Just because a new boss comes in, doesn't mean he has to play by the old rules. Again - you don't like it, don't work for him, go somewhere else. It's the only gig in town, then make your decision -- work for him or quit.

kenny1937
04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Good point; it is a symptom of a much larger problem. However, having said thus, these guys are getting paid huge amounts of money to willfully place themselves in the public eye to play a game. Whether they want to be or not they are a role model and have a responsibility to a league that has extended to them a way of life that most of us could only dream of.

There is an old saying, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't________,
(you fill in the blank), the point being, whether an athlete recieving big bucks and huge TV exposure, has a right to privacy? He put himself in the position by accepting the bucks and agreeing to put himself on public display. Bunches of youngster watch and idolize thses athletes, and they do have a responsibility to behave themselves and not break laws. IMHO.

:director: :scared2:

Canada
04-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Don't we all have the same responsibility behave and not break laws? Why should they be held more accountable than you or I? (I am a paramedic) If I put my self in a position at work where I happen to get some type of media exposure do I forfeit my right to privacy? Absolutely not. Players and Athletes are no different than you and I and we should all be held to the same level of common decency. Unfortunately there will always be those who do not always turn out so well. If my kids grow up and decide to live their lives like Pac man Jones because they saw him get arrested, then it is I who screwed up not Jones or the NFL. I have no problem with kids looking up to pro athletes, but it won't be guys like Pac man and TO it will be guys like Derrick Thomas, Joe Montanna, Will Shields or Trent Green.

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Who didn't want to grow up to be an athlete / actor? You are right. 99% of us did. But guess what - my parents didn't tell me about other choices.

I do tell my kids, everyday, about the "helpers" of the world. Ask my 3 yr old, and athlete is not on the list of things to be. Now, as a child grows, they get more exposure to the other things.

It's my job / responsibility to make sure my kids have the tools to pick role models for themselves. I just don't think I can ask someone else to alter the way they choose to live their life for my kid's benefit.

If the NFL, as a business, chooses to ask their employees to be role models, than I support it. But if we think the NFL is doing it for anything other than $$, I think we are fooling ourselves.

Anyway - back to the thread. Just because a new boss comes in, doesn't mean he has to play by the old rules. Again - you don't like it, don't work for him, go somewhere else. It's the only gig in town, then make your decision -- work for him or quit.

Good post!

I think that what we all can agree on, unless I'm mistaken and I often am, is that we all should take responsibility for the things we say and do.

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't we all have the same responsibility behave and not break laws? Why should they be held more accountable than you or I? (I am a paramedic) If I put my self in a position at work where I happen to get some type of media exposure do I forfeit my right to privacy? Absolutely not. Players and Athletes are no different than you and I and we should all be held to the same level of common decency. Unfortunately there will always be those who do not always turn out so well. If my kids grow up and decide to live their lives like Pac man Jones because they saw him get arrested, then it is I who screwed up not Jones or the NFL. I have no problem with kids looking up to pro athletes, but it won't be guys like Pac man and TO it will be guys like Derrick Thomas, Joe Montanna, Will Shields or Trent Green.

Agreed; no one should be held to a different standard then do others more or less thereof.

chief31
04-15-2007, 02:28 AM

It is simple. The whole world is watching them. That is why they are held to a higher level of accountability.

So far, atheletes privacy is not being invaded upon, much. Not like actors and other celebs do. Police reports and arrests are a matter of public record.Nobody in the state of Idaho has any interest in my actions. However, somewhere in Idaho, is a Titans fan, who does care what Pacman us up to, when it pertains to his ability to play, for his team.

I don't hear anything about players' personal lives being displayed, to the public. Well, there was the little thing that Ron Mexico was doing. Even then, I deal with rumors, in my work place, Ron is no different. Except that his workplace includes the press. I'm certain that Ron had realized those people would be seeing him at work.

If someone in my workplace finds some evidence of my visiting a clinic, for some kind of V.D. treatment, say a V.D. specialist, is there some reason that that person should not be allowed to infor, his/her friends? Other than morallity, no. It is his eyes that saw me. It is his mouth that spoke of it. He may do what he wishes, wyth his body. The same goes for a member of the press. It is a shame, that people can't keep things to themselves, but they don't have any responsibility to keep their mouths shut.

Any time, any individual goes into public, they forfiet their privacy. Any time any individual gets into legal trouble, they forfeit their privacy. Hollywood celebrities and politicians, already deal with this, to a very high degree. (Granted, there is a serious issue, as to their, actual privacy, being invaded.) Atheletes are next, soon to be followed by, the general public.

I think that if you do something that puts you into a media event, then, waht you percieve as your privacy, can and will be invaded. Were you seen, walking into a hotel, with a woman, other than your wife? Even though that is irrelevant to the subject that put the presses focus on you? The hotel entrance is a public place. That will become public knowledge. Does that make you a role model? It depends upon rather someone admires what you did. If someone does, then you have become a role model. Albeit, a poor one.

Each and every one of us is a role model. Rather we like, or accept it, or not.

chief31
04-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Agreed; no one should be held to a different standard then do others more or less thereof.

I can't back this one either. Should polititians not be held to a higher standard of accountability? During their campaign, they tell us what wholesome individuals they will be. There are countless degrees of responsibility. If you take a job that contains more responsibility, then you will be held to a higher degree of accountability. In the case of a polititian, he accepts responsibility for an entire city, state or nation. In the case of a professional athelete, then he accepts responsibility for the image of his employer.

chief31
04-15-2007, 02:56 AM

O.k. So, what of children with bad parents, or none at all? Just because our children have us, doesn't mean that all children have the same advantage. If you choose to allow heinous behaviour from celebrities, then we chose to create a future generation with even more detestable behaviour. We love to complain about schmucks like Pacman Jones, but it is narrow-mindedness that created him. If we choose to ignore the millions of children without local role models, then let's expect them to follow the lead that we allow Pacman to set for them.

Canada
04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I am a role model in my community...who should be more accountable for their action, Me, Pac man Jones or Al Gore?

Canada
04-15-2007, 12:44 PM
The narrow mindedness is that people think that because someone is in the public eye they deserve no privacy. you bring up ron mexico...that is Confidential Information. If you used that same scenario and my employer was the US Military and I overheard some Confidential Information and I went and told it to my buddy from the North Korean military...that is treason. Punishable by death, so no I do not think that just because you heard something with your own ears, that gives you the right to spread it all ever the world. The problem is that people do not shut up about jones and that is why he is in the public eye. Everyone wants to talk controversy so I don't really think the NFL is concerned with producing role models as much as they don't want to be seen as a bunch of thugs and criminals. When you say all people should be held to different levels of accountability, is that because some people are more important and how do we know. Can I just do my job half assed because i am not a pro athlete or a politician. Would you be upset if a dishwasher in a restaurant you were eating didn't have to be accountable for washing his hands or cleaning dishes properly? Maybe people just focus on the negative and we all start believing that this is the norm. Pro athletes are our future, where would we be without politicians? School teachers and janitors and police men are a dime a dozen so who cares?

stlchief
04-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Discussion is good - especially if everyone has their ears and minds open while the discussion is going on. That said - it's hard to have absolute opinions, when life works in shades of gray. What if Pacman was arrested for not paying child support and Henry for tax evasion? What about unpaid parking tickets and failure to show for a court date? What if Imus was later found to be a member of a hate group off the air in addition to his statements? What if it came out 50 yrs ago he had burned a cross somewhere? (after all, the guy is 127 years old...).

How much would each of our opinions change?

One last comment and then I promise no more responses on this thread from myself: This is in regards to the statement concerning kids whose parents are not role models for them. This is a pretty big jump. If you think public figures must be role-models for kids with absent or non-active parents, then it follows you are expecting them to be all-around role models. This would mean not just avoiding legal issues (because is that the only goal of raising kids -- keep them out of jail?), it would include education, community work, compassion, respecting others. Everything you would want a child to grow up with in front of their eyes. I don't think you can tell an athlete - you chose to be an athlete and here is your additional responsibility, 24-7. As a parent, I would love it if it happened (not just in sports, but everyone in my community), but I just don't think we can demand it. We pay ticket price to see a game. I think all I can ask of a player is to perform on the field. If my team institutes a policy for off the field behavior or not, it's my choice to support or not support the team with my $.

I really enjoyed reading each of these here, and honestly found value and truth in all of them. I will continue to read all with an open mind. Thanks to all!

chief31
04-15-2007, 05:02 PM
I am a role model in my community...who should be more accountable for their action, Me, Pac man Jones or Al Gore?

How many people will you be held accounable to, tommorrow? How many people will Pacman be accountable to? And, how many people will Sen. John McCain be accountable to? ( I prefer to use an employed poititian.) How many people care about what happens, based on your performance? ( Certainly, not trying to down-play the responsibility that comes with being a paramedic. )

Then ask yourself this....How many people are gonna be interested in your activities, away from work? If you get caught with a prostitute,(Not that you would.) I won't mind. If Tony Gonzales does the same, I will be salty. Because he will, likely be missing games, because of that. This has a direct effect on me. I'm gonna have a bad day, when Tony doesn't play, causing my team to lose, at home, to a crappy Vikings team. If Sen. John McCain makes a mistake, it could effect everyone, in his state, maybe, even the entire nation.If you decide to call-in to work, I won't mind. If Larry Johnson does it, I'm gonna rant and rave.

Bottom line, how many people will be affected by your actions? How many people have any concern for what you do? This is how many people you will, ultimately, be accountable to.

chief31
04-15-2007, 05:41 PM
The narrow mindedness is that people think that because someone is in the public eye they deserve no privacy. you bring up ron mexico...that is Confidential Information. If you used that same scenario and my employer was the US Military and I overheard some Confidential Information and I went and told it to my buddy from the North Korean military...that is treason. Punishable by death, so no I do not think that just because you heard something with your own ears, that gives you the right to spread it all ever the world. The problem is that people do not shut up about jones and that is why he is in the public eye. Everyone wants to talk controversy so I don't really think the NFL is concerned with producing role models as much as they don't want to be seen as a bunch of thugs and criminals. When you say all people should be held to different levels of accountability, is that because some people are more important and how do we know. Can I just do my job half assed because i am not a pro athlete or a politician. Would you be upset if a dishwasher in a restaurant you were eating didn't have to be accountable for washing his hands or cleaning dishes properly? Maybe people just focus on the negative and we all start believing that this is the norm. Pro athletes are our future, where would we be without politicians? School teachers and janitors and police men are a dime a dozen so who cares?

If I see Ron Mexico walking into a V.D. specialist, I have zero responsibility, to Ron, to keep my mouth shut. At no point have I , ever, told Ron that I won't say anything, nor have I ever signed an agreement with him. What happens inside the clinic, is definitely confidential. It would be wrong of me to attemp to listen in.

In the case of military personell, they have an agreement, with the country, to keep military information to secret. It is, also, illegal, as you pointed out. If I see a military document, on the ground, read it, then share the information with some other government, or anyone, I have broken the law. The same would be true, if I found Rons medical file. But, seeing him walk into a public place, is not protected information.

Yes, I would be upset if the dishwasher, failed to clean my glass. Would you? Would you be upset about my dirty dish? Would you be writing posts about how the dishwasher at the Dennys, in Creve Coeur Illinois was horrible, and should be fined? How many posts would that thread have, based on that topic? ( Probably, alot. Chiefster and Kenny would get ahold of it and turn it into a long discussion about smilies.) Fact is, I wouldn't post it here, nor anywhere else. Because it didn't bother me, that much.

I would be glad to support a marines team, in Baghdad. (I support the military in alot of ways.) If they were showing these teams activities, like we do sports. It would be my favorite "sport". I would be ecstatic to see Sgt.s and Pvt.s getting the big contracts that atheletes are given. Cops?!?!?! Put their camera footage, on the air. ( Not live, of course.) I could root for my favorite officer, and against the a55holes. I love the idea. Then those guys' off-work activities might become more important, to the general public. Making them role models for more people, than they are now. Unfortunately, those "games" aren't available. Not to mention, the editting would eliminate the wrong-doing of those guys. Making every one of them, look like a hero. ( there are scumbags in the military and on police forces.)

We don't get to choose, rather or not we are role models. That is up to whomsoever may choose to look up to us. We get to choose what kind of role model we will be.

Canada
04-15-2007, 06:41 PM
You are right but at the same time you are condoning making these pro athletes into role models. Who cares about my accountability? Every single person who may have to call 911 might be interested. If u have a massive heart attack tomorrow, are you more concerned with my accountability or the asccountability of Sen McCain to see through his promise of a tax break on energy efficient cars? I guess the choice is yours. you have your point of view and I have mine. Bottom line is Pac man Jones and Chris Henry didn't follow the rules got what they deserved and God help anyone who looks up to them and wants to grow up like them,

Chiefster
04-15-2007, 06:47 PM
I can't back this one either. Should polititians not be held to a higher standard of accountability? During their campaign, they tell us what wholesome individuals they will be. There are countless degrees of responsibility. If you take a job that contains more responsibility, then you will be held to a higher degree of accountability. In the case of a polititian, he accepts responsibility for an entire city, state or nation. In the case of a professional athelete, then he accepts responsibility for the image of his employer.

I was simply saying that, in general, we all should be held accountable by the same standard of law that govern our land; that no one, regardless of social status, should be held to different standard. If a punishment for an offense is good for the poor man then it should not be lighter or more severe for the rich man or vise versa.

chief31
04-15-2007, 06:51 PM
You are right but at the same time you are condoning making these pro athletes into role models. Who cares about my accountability? Every single person who may have to call 911 might be interested. If u have a massive heart attack tomorrow, are you more concerned with my accountability or the asccountability of Sen McCain to see through his promise of a tax break on energy efficient cars? I guess the choice is yours. you have your point of view and I have mine. Bottom line is Pac man Jones and Chris Henry didn't follow the rules got what they deserved and God help anyone who looks up to them and wants to grow up like them,

I will, in all reality, be depending upon someone else, should I need a paramedic, tommorrow. Which is part of the point I was making.

Also, this is why I am glad that the NFL holds their employees to a higher standard than ... say ... Def Jam Recording. I say, if Pacman wants to call women " *****es and hos, in his home, then O.K. Just mind your manners, when in the public eye. Not that it should be illegal to do that in public, just that the league should be able to discipline an employee for that kind of thing.

Chiefster
04-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Great points of view everyone, and thanks for keeping it respectful. As long as things remain civil this thread will continue. :)

kenny1937
04-16-2007, 03:20 AM
I was simply saying that, in general, we all should be held accountable by the same standard of law that govern our land; that no one, regardless of social status, should be held to different standard. If a punishment for an offense is good for the poor man then it should not be lighter or more severe for the rich man or vise versa.

Good post Chiefster, I agree with you on all counts.

:auto181:

Chiefster
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Good post Chiefster, I agree with you on all counts.

:auto181:

Well great minds think alike, but then again minds that aren't so great do too. LOL!! :character0057:

kenny1937
04-18-2007, 03:30 AM
Well great minds think alike, but then again minds that aren't so great do too. LOL!! :character0057:

Igor picked mine out, (I hope it wasn't the bad one) these electrodes sticking out of my head are a bit bothersome though. (grin)

:sign0008:

wolfpack
04-18-2007, 01:22 PM
He has earned high honors at the Chiefster school of post whoring. :bananen_smilies105:

DID SOMEBODY SAY WHORE? where?

Chiefster
04-18-2007, 07:59 PM
DID SOMEBODY SAY WHORE? where?

Ask Imus. :D
j/k

kenny1937
04-19-2007, 03:27 AM
I think Imus said ho, which he was probably talking about the implement that is used in the garden, he is so misunderstood! (grin)

:6: :character00293: Hee Hee, you missed!

Chiefster
04-19-2007, 06:58 PM
I think Imus said ho, which he was probably talking about the implement that is used in the garden, he is so misunderstood! (grin)

:6: :character00293: Hee Hee, you missed!

Yeah, thatys it. :pokey: :rolleyes:

Chiefster
04-20-2007, 10:50 AM
You can force a man to abide by the rules, but you can not force him to be a good role model.

I don't know how I missed this.

You make an excellent point; however, abiding by the rules goes a long way towards being, at least, a positive role model. IMO

Canada
04-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't know how I missed this.

You make an excellent point; however, abiding by the rules goes a long way towards being, at least, a positive role model. IMO
Thats true.

Chiefster
04-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Thats true.

Hey Great minds think alike. :D

I'm working on getting an answer to your FAQ question. :)

Canada
04-20-2007, 10:59 AM
...and so do ours. :)

Whenever you get a chance...I am assuming that I would be buying from reputable people too?!?

Chiefster
04-20-2007, 11:01 AM

Whenever you get a chance...I am assuming that I would be buying from reputable people too?!?

Without question my friend. :)

Canada
04-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I know it is nothing but the best (and timbok) here at CHIEFS Crowd!!

Chiefster
04-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I know it is nothing but the best (and timbok) here at CHIEFS Crowd!!

LOL!!! Ah yes, our resident Jets fan.

Coach
04-21-2007, 12:46 PM

Yes, I wouldn't be offering Merchandise on this site that is junk. All of you that won Chiefs hats last fall can attest to this fact.

Chiefster
04-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, I wouldn't be offering Merchandise on this site that is junk. All of you that won Chiefs hats last fall can attest to this fact.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I'm wearing mine as we speak; the quality of merchandise is TOP OF THE LINE!!!

chief31
04-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I wear mine regularly, to work. I love it.

Canada
04-22-2007, 02:43 PM
no insult intended, I have lost a few dollars buying things on-line and I am a little leary, but thanx for the reassurance.

Chiefster
04-22-2007, 03:35 PM
no insult intended, I have lost a few dollars buying things on-line and I am a little leary, but thanx for the reassurance.

I understand where you're coming from, but anything ya buy here bud is quality merchandise. :)

kenny1937
04-23-2007, 02:57 PM

Yep Canada, Coach is not blowing smoke, I consider my hat top notch, I am highly satisfied with it.

:saythat: