PDA

View Full Version : writers block

anaeelbackwards
03-11-2008, 01:29 PM
i have real bad writers block.... its extreme. and also im real bad at writing papers... but i had to write about a place for my composition class, and well for those of you who don't mind reading my paper let me know what you guys think, what i need to add or change... this only took me about 15 minutes to think up as opposed to hours and hours and thinking and writing about something else. :yahoo:

Leeana Johnson

Place

March 4, 2008

My home away from home
Let me tell you about a place I hold near and dear to my heart. It’s a place I like to call my second home, this place is Arrowhead Stadium. Arrowhead Stadium is the home of the Kansas City Chiefs football team. Arrowhead is one of the most cherished venues around the league. It is a place where thousands of die-hard fans gather every Sunday and celebrate the love of their team. I believe it is the best outdoor stadium to watch football, and we, as fans, take great pride in our beloved stadium. Whether it is the tailgating and fun before the game, or the game itself, I always leave the stadium anticipating the next Sunday for another home game.
Every Sunday morning is a game ritual for myself and my family. WE wake up extra early so we can prepare and make the long awaited trip to the Arrowhead Parking Lot. I, like many other fans, are already in line to join in on the pre-game festivities. Once we arrive to Lot-G, the anticipation builds up inside me and I cannot wait for the fun waiting to come. The aroma of burnt charcoal fills up my nose and the taste of smoked barbeque begins to water my mouth. I share a few brews with people I don’t even know, strangers but very friendly. The cars start to multiply and I can no longer see the empty parking lot. It is filled with campers, decorated cars with Chiefs flags and die-hard Chiefs fans roaming the lots. It is a never-ending party filled with people of all shapes, sizes, colors and genders. The bonfires light up and the music being played by bands fill up the lots. I can compare it to a Mardi-Gras party down in New Orleans, the scenery is amazing. This is what I wake up at 6 in the morning for and I haven’t even entered the Stadium.
One would think that after all that fun in the Parking Lot that the party is over, but really it has only begun. As I and hundreds of fans enter the stadium, my ears are greeted with the chant of the “Tomahawk Chop”, a chant that reverbs onto other fans as they all sing in unison. Finding my way to my seat, I run into a few drunken old men whose faces are painted red and are shirtless not minding the chilly weather. “Go Chiefs” I yell at them and they give me a appreciative salute back. Sitting in my seat, I begin to take in the surroundings. The storied ring of fame where many players are honored throughout the years which Derrick Thomas one of the names that stand out to me every time I enter the stadium. It is a beautiful day for some football to be played and for 80 thousand plus in attendance to watch. As the fans start filing in to find their designated seats, I can hear the rumbling in the stands and feel the excitement and buzz around stadium. As the Star Spangled Banner plays, everyone is standing with their right hand over their hearts and when the fans sing the words, “And the home of the…….CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEFS!” goose bumps start to accumulate throughout my arms and then a U.S. stealth bomber flies over the stadium. The crowd roars and the game is about to begin. After all the player introductions and the fireworks light up the sky, my ears already ringing and the game is about to begin.
Leaving the stadium and the parking lots of Arrowhead is always a tough departure for me. Sundays are a ritual for not only myself but for a number people across the Kansas City Metropolitan area. I always leave the stadium wanting more and anticipating the next home game. I cannot chose wich part I like best about the Arrowhead experience, but I’m just glad that I’m able to say I’ve been there and that’s why I call it my home away from home.

hermhater
03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
That was beautiful Leeana.

I think you picked a winner!

:sign0098:

royalswin100games
03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
If you want me to forward this to my dad he's been a high school english teacher for 40+ years. Let me know. Otherwise, I think it's good.

anaeelbackwards
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
If you want me to forward this to my dad he's been a high school english teacher for 40+ years. Let me know. Otherwise, I think it's good.

oh would you? that would be nice because my composition teacher, IMO doesn't know what the schmuck she is talking about, all she does is copies papers out of the book and gives it to us and make us read it...

and it was kind of hard to not write in computer language vs. writing essay language. lol.... that damned internet talk. has gotten the best of me..

and thanks guys about the good comments :D

royalswin100games
03-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I'll forward it to him when I get home from work.

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-11-2008, 02:35 PM
am I the drunken old man with the Red face paint?

royalswin100games
03-11-2008, 02:36 PM

How obvious was that? Are you drunk now?

anaeelbackwards
03-11-2008, 02:38 PM

you can be if you want to be. :D

hermhater
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM

You have to ask?

Canada
03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
How obvious was that? Are you drunk now?

I'm not old, I always wear my shirt (most of the time) and no, I am not drunk...I have to work tonite at 730 :(

royalswin100games
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not old, I always wear my shirt (most of the time) and no, I am not drunk...I have to work tonite at 730 :(

Sorry man, hopefully you have an uneventful shift.

hermhater
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM

There's a picture of you drunk without your shirt posted somewhere on the site...

Hmmmm...

anaeelbackwards
03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
the guy i was talking about looked more like the guy who was in canada's previous signature picture. that vikings fan.....

Canada
03-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Sorry man, hopefully you have an uneventful shift.

Three more nights. Thanks! :bananen_smilies046:

There's a picture of you drunk without your shirt posted somewhere on the site...

Hmmmm...

I said I wear my shirt most of the time and I am not drunk right now. Pay attention :sign0104:

hermhater
03-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Three more nights. Thanks! :bananen_smilies046:

I said I wear my shirt most of the time and I am not drunk right now. Pay attention :sign0104:

I'm sure your string of bad luck on the job is over for the week!

I read what you posted, I just wanted to make sure you were paying attention!

anaeelbackwards
03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
i havent drank in almost 2 weeks!

ive been down with some kind of bad flu... something thats been going around... my voice has been shot for almost a good week and a half, i need to go get it checked...i might have larengitis or bronchitis or pneumonia.. i don't know what. i just recently got off of my dads insurance plan, so im insurance-less...

but my dad told me to drink some whiskey last nite, and surprisingly im doing somewhat better. hah:sign0153:

Chiefster
03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I copied and pasted it onto my "Word" program, corrected a couple of grammatical errors and only one spelling mistake for the draft you see before you:

My home away from home

Let me tell you about a place I hold near and dear to my heart. It’s a place I like to call my second home, this place is Arrowhead Stadium. Arrowhead Stadium is the home of the Kansas City Chiefs football team. Arrowhead is one of the most cherished venues around the league. It is a place where thousands of die-hard fans gather every Sunday and celebrate the love of their team. I believe it is the best outdoor stadium to watch football, and we, as fans, take great pride in our beloved stadium. Whether it is the tailgating and fun before the game, or the game itself, I always leave the stadium anticipating the next Sunday for another home game.
Every Sunday morning is a game ritual for me and my family. WE wake up extra early so we can prepare and make the long awaited trip to the Arrowhead Parking Lot. I, like many other fans, are already in line to join in on the pre-game festivities. Once we arrive to Lot-G, the anticipation builds up inside me and I cannot wait for the fun waiting to come. The aroma of burnt charcoal fills up my nose and the taste of smoked barbeque begins to water my mouth. I share a few brews with people I don’t even know, strangers but very friendly. The cars start to multiply and I can no longer see the empty parking lot. It is filled with campers, decorated cars with Chiefs flags and die-hard Chiefs fans roaming the lots. It is a never-ending party filled with people of all shapes, sizes, colors and genders. The bonfires light up and the music being played by bands fill up the lots. I can compare it to a Mardi-Gras party down in New Orleans, the scenery is amazing. This is what I wake up at 6 in the morning for and I haven’t even entered the Stadium.
One would think that after all that fun in the Parking Lot that the party is over, but really it has only begun. As I and hundreds of fans enter the stadium, my ears are greeted with the chant of the “Tomahawk Chop”, a chant that reverbs onto other fans as they all sing in unison. Finding my way to my seat, I run into a few drunken old men whose faces are painted red and are shirtless not minding the chilly weather. “Go Chiefs” I yell at them and they give me a appreciative salute back. Sitting in my seat, I begin to take in the surroundings. The storied ring of fame where many players are honored throughout the years which Derrick Thomas one of the names that stand out to me every time I enter the stadium. It is a beautiful day for some football to be played and for 80 thousand plus in attendance to watch. As the fans start filing in to find their designated seats, I can hear the rumbling in the stands and feel the excitement and buzz around stadium. As the Star Spangled Banner plays, everyone is standing with their right hand over their hearts and when the fans sing the words, “And the home of the…….CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEFS!” goose bumps start to accumulate throughout my arms and then a U.S. stealth bomber flies over the stadium. The crowd roars and the game is about to begin. After all the player introductions and the fireworks light up the sky, my ears already ringing and the game is about to begin.
Leaving the stadium and the parking lots of Arrowhead is always a tough departure for me. Sundays are a ritual for not only me but for a number people across the Kansas City Metropolitan area. I always leave the stadium wanting more and anticipating the next home game. I cannot chose which part I like best about the Arrowhead experience, but I’m just glad that I’m able to say I’ve been there and that’s why I call it my home away from home.

royalswin100games
03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Chiefster, should I still have my dad look at it?

Chiefster
03-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Chiefster, should I still have my dad look at it?

If you want to; it was written by anaeelbackwards.

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 01:20 AM
If you want to; it was written by anaeelbackwards.

Crud, I didn't post that did I. I think I sent her a private message. My dad has been a high school english teacher for 40+ years. I was gonna have him proof.

Chiefster
03-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Crud, I didn't post that did I. I think I sent her a private message. My dad has been a high school english teacher for 40+ years. I was gonna have him proof.

Well, you still can.

hermhater
03-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Well, you still can.

Wow Chiefster.

I had no idea your jedi mind tricks would work across cyberspace.

You've got the guy thinking he can't send something to his dad without your permission!

:lol:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Wow Chiefster.

You've got the guy thinking he can't send something to his dad without your permission!

Nah, I was testing his confidence in his proof.

:toast2:

Chiefster
03-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Wow Chiefster.

Yes; the Crowd is strong with me.

Just what I want you to think. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

hermhater
03-12-2008, 04:21 AM

Chiefster?

Really?

That was dumb!

:11:

Yes; the Crowd is strong with me.

Just what I want you to think. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't resist...

:D

Chiefster
03-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Chiefster?

Really?

That was dumb!

:11:

Couldn't resist...

:D

Heh!