PDA

View Full Version : ESPN First Take

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 11:57 AM
They were talking about our pick this morning in their mock draft feature. They talked about us trying to trade down if the Rams take Long. If we didn't trade down, they talked about us taking Sedrick Ellis out of USC. I've watched him play. He's pretty good. I still think we should try to trade the pick.

hermhater
03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Maybe the Dolphins would like to trade their number one pick for JA.

Then we could get Jake Long at number one and Chris Long at number 5 (if he's available still, if not we take that Gholston guy).

Just thought I'd throw that out there because I am not liking the odds of JA still being a Chief next year after what Carl did.

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Maybe the Dolphins would like to trade their number one pick for JA.

Then we could get Jake Long at number one and Chris Long at number 5 (if he's available still, if not we take that Gholston guy).

Just thought I'd throw that out there because I am not liking the odds of JA still being a Chief next year after what Carl did.

I thought his agent is negotiating a long term contract now? Hopefully he is.

Chris Long is a monster. I think he's gonna be very successful at the NFL level.

I'm not sold on Gholston, especially at #5. The so called experts have him taken late in the round.

That being said, JA is proven(and I know that you know that, I'm just saying). Besides, if we traded JA to the Dolphins, they'd have to move him to linebacker. I don't know if he's big enough to play end in a 3-4.

We should trade down and try to get a pick in the teens and maybe another player, if we can't get two first rounders.

hermhater
03-12-2008, 02:36 PM
I thought his agent is negotiating a long term contract now? Hopefully he is.

Chris Long is a monster. I think he's gonna be very successful at the NFL level.

I'm not sold on Gholston, especially at #5. The so called experts have him taken late in the round.

That being said, JA is proven(and I know that you know that, I'm just saying). Besides, if we traded JA to the Dolphins, they'd have to move him to linebacker. I don't know if he's big enough to play end in a 3-4.

We should trade down and try to get a pick in the teens and maybe another player, if we can't get two first rounders.

Where did you hear that?

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Where did you hear that?

I think it was on ESPN radio. I can't remember. But I heard it recently.

hermhater
03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I think it was on ESPN radio. I can't remember. But I heard it recently.

Well get it in print.

I am too busy getting ready for work.

:cool:

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Well get it in print.

I am too busy getting ready for work.

:cool:

Righto.

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I can't find it. I think they were referring to continuing talks between the organization and his camp to get a long term deal after this season. Maybe not intense negotiating right now. I'll just conclude by saying Carl needs to go and stop talking out my a$$.

hermhater
03-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I can't find it. I think they were referring to continuing talks between the organization and his camp to get a long term deal after this season. Maybe not intense negotiating right now. I'll just conclude by saying Carl needs to go and stop talking out my a$$.

Carl must go...

:mob:

Chiefster
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Carl must go...

:mob:

I stopped hoping for such a thing.

royalswin100games
03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
I stopped hoping for such a thing.

Never give up hope...

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
03-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Never give up hope...

Alas, I've been completely jaded.

kcmostwanted
03-13-2008, 02:03 AM
The Hunt Brother's need to give Carl a reality check..
That being said, Carl needs to understand the situation better and see if signing JA is realistic...If not he needs to trade him this year so we can have more high round draft picks... I would hate to loose JA but i'd rather get something for him now than use the franchise tag on him this year and next year then have him leave for nothing....

Trying to get Jake Long and then V. Gholston or Chris Long would be the dream scenario but I doubt Carl would be that smart...
Chris Long is a finished product and is pretty athletic.. he's going to be a good Pro...
V. Gholston is still pretty raw but more athletic and has a higher ceiling... I can see him terrorizing the league like what S. Merriman (spelling) is doing because he's athletic, fast and can be a multiple position guy...

But we all know that will never happen...ey i guess it's nice to dream about

texaschief
03-13-2008, 02:08 AM
The Hunt Brother's need to give Carl a reality check..
That being said, Carl needs to understand the situation better and see if signing JA is realistic...If not he needs to trade him this year so we can have more high round draft picks... I would hate to loose JA but i'd rather get something for him now than use the franchise tag on him this year and next year then have him leave for nothing....

Trying to get Jake Long and then V. Gholston or Chris Long would be the dream scenario but I doubt Carl would be that smart...
Chris Long is a finished product and is pretty athletic.. he's going to be a good Pro...
V. Gholston is still pretty raw but more athletic and has a higher ceiling... I can see him terrorizing the league like what S. Merriman (spelling) is doing because he's athletic, fast and can be a multiple position guy...

But we all know that will never happen...ey i guess it's nice to dream about

easy killer....talk of trading JA will get your head bit off around here. But don't worry. I'll be there to throw it back on for ya. :lol:

I'd love to get more picks though...and trading JA for a couple first round picks would be great. I just don't think it will happen. While the board may disagree, Jason Taylor is a better DE than JA, but there were rumors of him being traded for a 2nd and a 4th.

Chiefster
03-13-2008, 02:32 AM
easy killer....talk of trading JA will get your head bit off around here. But don't worry. I'll be there to throw it back on for ya. :lol:

I'd love to get more picks though...and trading JA for a couple first round picks would be great. I just don't think it will happen. While the board may disagree, Jason Taylor is a better DE than JA, but there were rumors of him being traded for a 2nd and a 4th.

Nope, no one's gonna shell out franchise tag money to obtain him. IMO

texaschief
03-13-2008, 02:37 AM

Which i think is a sign. If no one else is willing to pay the money, isn't that a red flag? If he's everything the ppl in KC think he is, shouldn't suitors be lining up at the front gates of Arrowhead throwing trade offers at Carl's feet?

Chiefster
03-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Which i think is a sign. If no one else is willing to pay the money, isn't that a red flag? If he's everything the ppl in KC think he is, shouldn't suitors be lining up at the front gates of Arrowhead throwing trade offers at Carl's feet?

Not necessarily because I think that it tends to cause problems on their own rosters as far as who is paid what in comparison to what they are shelling out for a franchised player.

texaschief
03-13-2008, 02:44 AM
Not necessarily because I think that it tends to cause problems on their own rosters as far as who is paid what in comparison to what they are shelling out for a franchised player.

but they wouldn't be paying him anything out of proportion. They would trade for him, then sign him to a long term deal...obviously something that's not gonna happen here.

Chiefster
03-13-2008, 02:48 AM
but they wouldn't be paying him anything out of proportion. They would trade for him, then sign him to a long term deal...obviously something that's not gonna happen here.

...And then there's his past legal indiscretions even though he kept his nose clean last year. His previous run-ins with the law may have teams thinking twice about offering a deal. I'm just guessing and speculating here though.

hermhater
03-13-2008, 02:50 AM

I think it was earlier in this thread (maybe even the 2nd or 3rd post, can't remember for some reason) that I agreed with you.

If JA is gonna fight Carl over this crap then he might just get his wish and leave KC before the season starts.

I'm a realist.

If that is gonna happen then we use him to improve our shots in the draft, we don't wait to let him leave on his terms, or sit on the bench like Moss did in Oakland because he didn't agree with the way the team was being ran.

I would disagree with that Chiefster, and think we could possibly even trade UP in the draft with him.

See, hell has frozen over.

You are using Chiefster (of all people(!)) to support your argument.

Do you even read his posts?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

hermhater
03-13-2008, 02:51 AM
...And then there's his past legal indiscretions even though he kept his nose clean last year. His previous run-ins with the law may have teams thinking twice about offering a deal. I'm just guessing and speculating here though.

Be careful Chiefster, you almost fell off the fence with that one!

texaschief
03-13-2008, 02:52 AM

ding ding ding!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo:

I wonder why it's taken Carl so long to pull his own trigger....hmm....but Carl and Herm are idiots for not throwing cash at this guy, right? This is my biggest problem with the whole situation. He acts like he's earned to be paid all this cash when he's STILL a huge risk in the eyes of the league....ESPECIALLY now that the new commissioner is coming down as hard as he is against repeat offenders.

Chiefster
03-13-2008, 02:53 AM
I think it was earlier in this thread (maybe even the 2nd or 3rd post, can't remember for some reason) that I agreed with you.

If JA is gonna fight Carl over this crap then he might just get his wish and leave KC before the season starts.

I'm a realist.

If that is gonna happen then we use him to improve our shots in the draft, we don't wait to let him leave on his terms, or sit on the bench like Moss did in Oakland because he didn't agree with the way the team was being ran.

I would disagree with that Chiefster, and think we could possibly even trade UP in the draft with him.

Anything is possible.

texaschief
03-13-2008, 03:00 AM

I'm a realist.

I for one wouldn't want to improve position as much as i'd like to gain more picks. It would be nice to see us trade him for a first and 3rd perhaps in light of what i read about Taylor going for a 2nd and 4th...if not for both of the Cowboy's first round picks if we could trade someone/something else along with him. Perhaps later picks or Gregg Wesley or hell, Napoleon Harris, Tamba Hali or Larry Johnson to gain 3, 4 or maybe even 5 more picks to go along with the 10 we already have.

.....i know, i know, unpopular pipe dreams.

hermhater
03-13-2008, 03:02 AM

I wonder why it's taken Carl so long to pull his own trigger....hmm....but Carl and Herm are idiots for not throwing cash at this guy, right? This is my biggest problem with the whole situation. He acts like he's earned to be paid all this cash when he's STILL a huge risk in the eyes of the league....ESPECIALLY now that the new commissioner is coming down as hard as he is against repeat offenders.

JA is securely sober, no-one in the league doubts that.

Are you in the league?

No?

hermhater
03-13-2008, 03:05 AM
I for one wouldn't want to improve position as much as i'd like to gain more picks. It would be nice to see us trade him for a first and 3rd perhaps in light of what i read about Taylor going for a 2nd and 4th...if not for both of the Cowboy's first round picks if we could trade someone/something else along with him. Perhaps later picks or Gregg Wesley or hell, Napoleon Harris, Tamba Hali or Larry Johnson to gain 3, 4 or maybe even 5 more picks to go along with the 10 we already have.

.....i know, i know, unpopular pipe dreams.

Since it's just me, you, and Chiefster posting I guess you can tell me this if is mean, or Chiefster can delete it, but....

That's just retarded.

You want to try for "diamonds in the rough" later in the draft, rather than make a deal for Jake Long?

You are crazy.

texaschief
03-13-2008, 03:08 AM
Since it's just me, you, and Chiefster posting I guess you can tell me this if is mean, or Chiefster can delete it, but....

That's just retarded.

You want to try for "diamonds in the rough" later in the draft, rather than make a deal for Jake Long?

You are crazy.

Who's saying you'd have to give up the #5 pick to get Long? Why not trade JA for the pick straight up and keep the 5th pick as well?

hermhater
03-13-2008, 03:14 AM
Who's saying you'd have to give up the #5 pick to get Long? Why not trade JA for the pick straight up and keep the 5th pick as well?

Dude that is what the F I have been trying to say!!!

Did you even read the rest of this thread? (I hope it's this thread or I'm gonna look stupider than usual! :bananen_smilies046:)

Trade JA straight up to the Phins and get Jake Long!

:drunkhb:

texaschief
03-13-2008, 03:22 AM

Did you even read the rest of this thread? (I hope it's this thread or I'm gonna look stupider than usual! :bananen_smilies046:)

You said "trade up." That term usually means you're giving up your pick as well as the player.

sorry i misunderstood.

hermhater
03-13-2008, 03:42 AM
You said "trade up." That term usually means you're giving up your pick as well as the player.

sorry i misunderstood.

You? Sorry?

I'll believe that when I see you stealing Canada's beers!

:lol:

royalswin100games
03-13-2008, 10:17 AM

Jason Taylor's a great DE, but better than JA? How do you figure? Are you going to say he has more upside?

You seem to defend the coaching and management's stance on rebuilding but you don't like the outstanding young talent we already have. Is it the legal issue with JA you have a problem with? Is it his attitude towards being franchised?

anaeelbackwards
03-13-2008, 01:17 PM
talks of trading JA? damn we can never have anything good around here while we got carl as our top dog.
:beer:

hermhater
03-14-2008, 05:30 AM
talks of trading JA? damn we can never have anything good around here while we got carl as our top dog.
:beer:

you're a smack talker too right?

chief31
03-15-2008, 03:35 AM

Teams don't have to pay suspended players..

Seems logical. Trade away a great player, for an outside chance at a great player.:D

hermhater
03-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Teams don't have to pay suspended players..

Seems logical. Trade away a great player, for an outside chance at a great player.:D

Are you saying that if the Dolphins would trade their first round pick for JA you wouldn't do it?

texaschief
03-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Teams don't have to pay suspended players.....AND? The point is still valid.

....no, you're right. Let's keep him for one more year so he can walk away and then we get nothing for him. He's coming off a career year and his stock is at it's highest point. Sell high, buy low.

chief31
03-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Are you saying that if the Dolphins would trade their first round pick for JA you wouldn't do it?

No chance. Why trade a great player for someone who would be lucky to turn-out as good? Keep in mind that Allen is not some old geezer either.

....no, you're right. Let's keep him for one more year so he can walk away and then we get nothing for him. He's coming off a career year and his stock is at it's highest point. Sell high, buy low.

Or... maybe give the man a long-term deal. You keep going on about what a "cancer" he is to this team, but what has been his only complaint?

A long-term contract. (Pretty rare for a player to make any noise about that, ehh?)

Sure would have been nice to have already locked him up with a much less costly deal last offseason.

So, if he gets his contract, is he still some team destroying "cancer"?

hermhater
03-15-2008, 04:11 AM
No chance. Why trade a great player for someone who would be lucky to turn-out as good? Keep in mind that Allen is not some old geezer either.

Or... maybe give the man a long-term deal. You keep going on about what a "cancer" he is to this team, but what has been his only complaint?

A long-term contract. (Pretty rare for a player to make any noise about that, ehh?)

Sure would have been nice to have already locked him up with a much less costly deal last offseason.

I don't think JA is a cancer, I also believe he is an excellent player that will not be with the Chiefs after next year (if even this year).

Canada
03-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I thought they could franchise him for the next three years?

tornadospotter
03-15-2008, 10:42 AM

He should have been signed to a deal already.

Show me the Money!
LJ? But he got the money and sucked, but to be fair the O-Line sucked.

No, He is a Leader, He can enhance the play of his team mates. He is a fan favorite, and that is also important. JMO

I do not know, but I think that we can next year also.

Canada
03-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I just remember hearing somewhere that here was a way he could basically be "forced" to stay for three years.

texaschief
03-15-2008, 03:34 PM

so, reward him for what? having been suspended for two straight seasons? you need to remember that he isn't asking for market value for a DE. Last season, it was well known that the guy want Peyton Manning money. Do you really think he deserves that type of money? Does he bring the same kind of intangible to the Chiefs that Manning does to the Colts?

yes, they CAN franchise him for the next couple years, but when you're paying close to 10million a year to keep him around, it hampers your ability to do much else. Long term deals make it possible for the franchise to pay as it needs to so that they can fit it into a "budget" of sorts.

A franchise looks at the large contracts it has on the books and when they're paying certain high numbers in any given year. So, for example, let's say they were paying Holmes, LJ, DJ, Hali, Law, Edwards, Waters, TG high numbers this season and didn't have much cap room. If you were to franchise JA, you'd have to factor in another 10 million into this year's cap number. Let's say the Chiefs only had 3 million in cap room. Now, they have to find a way to cut 7 million off their payroll just to keep one player. So, this means players would either be cut (if the penalty isn't too high) or get players to "restructure" which is almost the same as players giving money back to the franchise so that it can be given to the franchised player.

I think the Chiefs came into this offseason with a little more than 20 million in cap space. If the Chiefs don't sign him to a long term deal this year, half of that space will be used JUST on Allen alone. This COULD'VE factored into the decisions of the Chiefs not to make any big moves in free agency if they're anticipating not being able to reach an agreement.

So, if the Chiefs keep playing this game with Allen, they won't be able to keep some of the other players like Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, or any of the newer players who'll be wanting big money after their rookie contracts are up.

This season is THE season to find a resolution one way or another on this topic. I just happen to be in favor of getting compensation for a player who doesn't want to be here, no matter how much the fan base wants him.
Guess it's a good thing Herm is our coach, otherwise, he might threaten to hold out. The only reason he didn't last year, was because of his teammates and the coaching staff.

No, He is a Leader, He can enhance the play of his team mates. He is a fan favorite, and that is also important. JMO
Some leader. He's teaching all the young players on the team that if you break the rules/law, then throw a temper tantrum, you'll eventually get what you want.

Here's a link to an article about the Jared Allen contract situation. I thought it was interesting.

http://mvn.com/nfl-chiefs/2008/03/03/salary-cap-101-chiefs-shouldnt-front-load-contracts-in-2008/

dtforever
03-15-2008, 05:57 PM
to hell with trading allen trade johnson

DrunkHillbilly
03-15-2008, 07:11 PM
to hell with trading allen trade johnson
Yea right!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Carl will find a way to mess the whole thing up.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Carl will find a way to mess the whole thing up.

He already has!

:11:

chief31
03-16-2008, 02:25 AM
so, reward him for what? having been suspended for two straight seasons? you need to remember that he isn't asking for market value for a DE. Last season, it was well known that the guy want Peyton Manning money. Do you really think he deserves that type of money? Does he bring the same kind of intangible to the Chiefs that Manning does to the Colts?

How about comparing his asking price to Dwight Freeneys? Allen does alot more than Freeney anyway.

Also, could you please show me where J.A. was asking for "Peyton-money" in '06?

This season is THE season to find a resolution one way or another on this topic. I just happen to be in favor of getting compensation for a player who doesn't want to be here, no matter how much the fan base wants him.

You just make this stuff up as you go, or what? While you are searching for that "Manning-money" thing, could you also show me the statement that J.A. doesn't want to be here?

I would appreciate that. Because to my knowledge, the only comoplaint that J.A. has made is that he wants a long-term deal.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:33 AM
You just make this stuff up as you go, or what? While you are searching for that "Manning-money" thing, could you also show me the statement that J.A. doesn't want to be here?

I would appreciate that. Because to my knowledge, the only comoplaint that J.A. has made is that he wants a long-term deal.

I remember reading that JA said he wouldn't sign with the Chiefs if we franchised him.

I wonder where I read that...

texaschief
03-16-2008, 02:53 AM

1.SLAM! Sports, Canada - Feb 25, 2007
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City.

He formally requested a trade after contract negotiations broke down over the weekend in Indianapolis, Allen's agent, Ken Harris, said in a phone interview Sunday.

The Kansas City Star reported that the team rejected the request, and Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson told the newspaper that the club plans to tender Allen on March 1, the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.
2.Chiefs DE Allen tells newspaper he wants out of K.C.

ESPN.com news services
Updated: February 25, 2007, 6:48 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen has yet to be offered a long-term contract and has requested to be traded.

Allen
Allen told the Kansas City Star on Saturday that he wanted to finish his career with the Chiefs, but the club hasn't offered the restricted free agent a contract.

"I feel shocked and hurt." Allen told the Star. "Requesting a trade was probably the toughest thing I've had to do. It's nothing personal against the town of Kansas City and the fans. It's been great. [But] it doesn't look like my future is going to be there, and I have to accept that. That's why this is so hard. All the hard work I've put in, the blood, sweat and tears … I wanted to finish my career there. I was led to believe I was going to."

The Chiefs turned down Allen's request for a trade and president/general manager Carl Peterson said the club plans to tender Allen on Thursday, according to the report. Thursday is the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore could not immediately confirm the report Sunday when contacted by The Associated Press.

However, Moore said, "It's my understanding that we have no intentions of trading Jared Allen."

Allen has 27½ sacks in his three NFL season and led the league with six fumble recoveries in 2006.

Allen's agent, Ken Harris, told the Star that the Chiefs plan to high tender Allen. Kansas City would receive a first and third round draft choice if another team signed him to an offer sheet. If that happens, Allen, would earn $2.35 million as a high tender in 2007 according to the Star.

"His production has outpaced everyone else on the defensive line exponentially," Harris said.

Harris confirmed to The AP that the sides were still far apart on a long-term deal, but declined to offer specifics.

Peterson also noted that even though Allen's two DUI convictions -- the second earlier this month in Leawood, Kan. -- factored into the contract process, he still wanted Allen on the team.

"There's always a risk," Peterson told The Star. "And we haven't found out yet from the National Football League how much of a suspension they're going to give him [in 2007].

"He's a very good football player. But he's also a young man at risk, and we know that, and so does the National Football League. We're trying to work out something that makes sense, and hopefully that will be done."

Moore said he could not discuss specifics.

"With repeated DUIs, there's always a risk that those things will end in a league punishment of some sort," he said.
There's a couple. I can't find the Peyton Manning quote again. oh well. guess i made that up....cuz it's not like i ever back up the things i say.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:56 AM
1.SLAM! Sports, Canada - Feb 25, 2007
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City.

He formally requested a trade after contract negotiations broke down over the weekend in Indianapolis, Allen's agent, Ken Harris, said in a phone interview Sunday.

The Kansas City Star reported that the team rejected the request, and Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson told the newspaper that the club plans to tender Allen on March 1, the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.
2.Chiefs DE Allen tells newspaper he wants out of K.C.

ESPN.com news services
Updated: February 25, 2007, 6:48 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen has yet to be offered a long-term contract and has requested to be traded.

Allen
Allen told the Kansas City Star on Saturday that he wanted to finish his career with the Chiefs, but the club hasn't offered the restricted free agent a contract.

"I feel shocked and hurt." Allen told the Star. "Requesting a trade was probably the toughest thing I've had to do. It's nothing personal against the town of Kansas City and the fans. It's been great. [But] it doesn't look like my future is going to be there, and I have to accept that. That's why this is so hard. All the hard work I've put in, the blood, sweat and tears … I wanted to finish my career there. I was led to believe I was going to."

The Chiefs turned down Allen's request for a trade and president/general manager Carl Peterson said the club plans to tender Allen on Thursday, according to the report. Thursday is the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore could not immediately confirm the report Sunday when contacted by The Associated Press.

However, Moore said, "It's my understanding that we have no intentions of trading Jared Allen."

Allen has 27½ sacks in his three NFL season and led the league with six fumble recoveries in 2006.

Allen's agent, Ken Harris, told the Star that the Chiefs plan to high tender Allen. Kansas City would receive a first and third round draft choice if another team signed him to an offer sheet. If that happens, Allen, would earn $2.35 million as a high tender in 2007 according to the Star.

"His production has outpaced everyone else on the defensive line exponentially," Harris said.

Harris confirmed to The AP that the sides were still far apart on a long-term deal, but declined to offer specifics.

Peterson also noted that even though Allen's two DUI convictions -- the second earlier this month in Leawood, Kan. -- factored into the contract process, he still wanted Allen on the team.

"There's always a risk," Peterson told The Star. "And we haven't found out yet from the National Football League how much of a suspension they're going to give him [in 2007].

"He's a very good football player. But he's also a young man at risk, and we know that, and so does the National Football League. We're trying to work out something that makes sense, and hopefully that will be done."

Moore said he could not discuss specifics.

"With repeated DUIs, there's always a risk that those things will end in a league punishment of some sort," he said.
There's a couple. I can't find the Peyton Manning quote again. oh well. guess i made that up....cuz it's not like i ever back up the things i say.

What the hell are you doing up so late??

:sign0104:

I remember all that you just posted as well.

I don't remember him asking for Peyton Manning money, but he was asking for Freeney money.

Perhaps that is what you were referring to?

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:35 AM

I don't remember him asking for Peyton Manning money, but he was asking for Freeney money.

You know, it could be. But i distinctly remember being pissed off about hearing him say he wanted Manning money because i remember thinking, "how the hell could he justify that?!!!" I think the Manning deal was brought up because that was the most recent "big contract" given out. I don't think Freeney had signed his deal yet. Allen could've been trying to posture himself to set the market value for DE's at the time, but Freeney beat him to it.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 04:06 AM
You know, it could be. But i distinctly remember being pissed off about hearing him say he wanted Manning money because i remember thinking, "how the hell could he justify that?!!!" I think the Manning deal was brought up because that was the most recent "big contract" given out. I don't think Freeney had signed his deal yet. Allen could've been trying to posture himself to set the market value for DE's at the time, but Freeney beat him to it.

You were probably pissed off that Texas is gonna lose to Kansas tomorrow and hadn't realized it!

texaschief
03-16-2008, 04:13 AM
You were probably pissed off that Texas is gonna lose to Kansas tomorrow and hadn't realized it!

I don't even want to talk about that. You're right. I'm already pissed. I hate the thought of losing the conference title 3 straight years to the same team. It pisses me off just thinking about it taking 3 years to beat that same team if it actually happens.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 05:08 AM
I don't even want to talk about that. You're right. I'm already pissed. I hate the thought of losing the conference title 3 straight years to the same team. It pisses me off just thinking about it taking 3 years to beat that same team if it actually happens.

Glad you aren't talking about it then.

Good luck tomorrow, and all that crap!

Boo Longhorns!

chief31
03-17-2008, 02:54 AM

These are J.A.s words. Show me where he said he doesn't want to be in K.C. now.

So, this article was about some negotiations? And one very common tactis that players use in negotiations. But it seems to show that J.A. does want to be here. Or am I the only one who can read the red letters?

hermhater
03-17-2008, 03:10 AM

Is it?

That happened didn't it?

Who?

Kansas?

Glad you aren't talking about it then.

Good luck tomorrow, and all that crap!

Boo Longhorns!

So, this article was about some negotiations? And one very common tactis that players use in negotiations. But it seems to show that J.A. does want to be here. Or am I the only one who can read the red letters?

I think he wants to be here, but he's being driven away.

Buzzkill.,.

tornadospotter
03-17-2008, 03:12 PM

Jared is a Chief, and needs to and I belive wants to stay a Chief! I think the deal will be done. Cp and JA are posturing, cp is probally not going to negotiate untill after the draft. Hell he probally out :fishing: or:surfing: or:rock_dj: or:character00174: working on Arrowhead. But then he could also be :character00109: on our team.

AkChief49
03-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't know Texaschief, your articles are dated from a year ago. I think JA wants to be here...I would have to do some searching, but I had read the reason he decided to come back was Herm Edwards!