PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure what to think but I'm sure texaschief will tell me!!!!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
03-14-2008, 12:26 PM
As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!:mob:

royalswin100games
03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I've heard we might take Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis if they are available or if we don't trade the pick. Of course, there are the Clady rumors as well.

hermhater
03-14-2008, 02:57 PM
I think you are right.

I think both Longs will be gone.

DrunkHillbilly
03-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I've heard we might take Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis if they are available or if we don't trade the pick. Of course, there are the Clady rumors as well.
I'm not sold on Clady just yet. May be a bit of a reach IMO. If Dorsey checks out ok on his physical, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him.

hermhater
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm not sold on Clady just yet. May be a bit of a reach IMO. If Dorsey checks out ok on his physical, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him.

I'm starting to think we are gonna draft a corner.

texaschief
03-14-2008, 03:28 PM
the good thing (if you can call it that) about our O-line situation is that we need two guards instead of 2 tackles. The best guard in the draft isn't expected to come off the board until the 3rd round. If we could find a way to get another pick in the first 3 rounds, we would be sitting pretty. We could take a CB, OT, OT, OG. I think our second OLineman taken should be a "tweener" guy who could move down to guard or play OT if needed.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Tre Stallings pushed his way on to the starting line this year. I'm also interested in Herbert Taylor. He's kinda small for a tackle, but at 6'3, 295 he'd be a decent guard. He was also a 4 year starter at TCU. He started all 48 games of his college career and being that he graduated from TCU, he's got to have brains. TCU is a tough school to get into academically.

hermhater
03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
the good thing (if you can call it that) about our O-line situation is that we need two guards instead of 2 tackles. The best guard in the draft isn't expected to come off the board until the 3rd round. If we could find a way to get another pick in the first 3 rounds, we would be sitting pretty. We could take a CB, OT, OT, OG. I think our second OLineman taken should be a "tweener" guy who could move down to guard or play OT if needed.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Tre Stallings pushed his way on to the starting line this year. I'm also interested in Herbert Taylor. He's kinda small for a tackle, but at 6'3, 295 he'd be a decent guard. He was also a 4 year starter at TCU. He started all 48 games of his college career and being that he graduated from TCU, he's got to have brains. TCU is a tough school to get into academically.

Whoever we draft is going to have to start next year.

It better be a CB or Clady.

I'm liking Talib or that guy down in Florida.

texaschief
03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
or a center....i keep forgetting that Waters doesn't necessarily HAVE to be locked into that Center's role.

royalswin100games
03-14-2008, 04:38 PM

I thought Branden Albert was expected to go late first, early second round.

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 08:21 PM
As the days go by and the more ESPN and NFL Network I watch, the less likely I think it will be that we will get Jake Long. I watched both stations again this morning and John Clayton from ESPN and a guy from NFL Network BOTH said they think the likelyhood of Miami taking him goes up everyday!! Even though I felt like he was going to be gone by the #5 pick, I was trying to hold out hope that he might still be there. With all of the exposure this kid is getting, I now feel like the chances are virtually ZERO that he will be there when we pick!!! SUCKS!!!:mob:

I've never thought he would be around at #5, so I didn't bother holding my breath.

Coach
03-15-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm not holding my breath on J long being there at #5 either. The closer the draft gets, the less optimistic I become. I think you have to plan on him being gone. If he's there, then you sprint to the podium.

texaschief
03-16-2008, 12:49 AM
While i think he'll be gone before the 5th pick, i think this year's draft is pretty interesting. Everything I've read says Jake Long is maybe the 7th or 8th best "athlete" in this year's draft and he's probably going to be a top 2 pick. Where as probably the best 2 "athletes" in DMac and Gholston will probably go after the 5th pick.

This draft has an interesting dynamic.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm not holding my breath on J long being there at #5 either. The closer the draft gets, the less optimistic I become. I think you have to plan on him being gone. If he's there, then you sprint to the podium.

Forget sprinting to the podium, let's get one of those jet packs and fly onto the stage and do this thing in style!

:yahoo:

RustShack
03-16-2008, 01:49 AM
The best move for the Chiefs would be to draft Doresy or Ellis. Those are the two best DT's to come out in a long time, and they are the type of DT we need for our defense to work properly. We need our Warren Sapp, everything in the Tampa two revolves around our DT. We will likely not have a chance to draft another DT of that caliber again, and we have to do it while we can. Also Herm knows he needs a DT like that to have a great defense, and he would draft a great DT over an alright LT anyday. Doresy/Ellis>Long anyday.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 01:56 AM
The best move for the Chiefs would be to draft Doresy or Ellis. Those are the two best DT's to come out in a long time, and they are the type of DT we need for our defense to work properly. We need our Warren Sapp, everything in the Tampa two revolves around our DT. We will likely not have a chance to draft another DT of that caliber again, and we have to do it while we can. Also Herm knows he needs a DT like that to have a great defense, and he would draft a great DT over an alright LT anyday. Doresy/Ellis>Long anyday.

Welcome to the Crowd.

Sounds like you are a big D guy?

:bananen_smilies046:

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:01 AM
I personally liked the offense of a couple years ago, but I know with Herm and the crew its going to be all about defense. We just added another small/fast LB, adding to us needing a DT... those LB's wont be able to do much and will kill us even more against the run without a good DT. Herm Edwards has drafted TWO offensive players ever, Dwayne Bowe and Santana Moss.

This is a deep deep year for Oline, CB's, and WR's. That increases the chances of Herm drafted a DT a lot more, and even if it weren't like that I still think he would, just because those are such rare DT's and we NEED one to effectivally run our defense. We could draft all the talent in the world for offense and it still wont be the best, just how Herm runs the game and likes to play.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:08 AM
I personally liked the offense of a couple years ago, but I know with Herm and the crew its going to be all about defense. We just added another small/fast LB, adding to us needing a DT... those LB's wont be able to do much and will kill us even more against the run without a good DT. Herm Edwards has drafted TWO offensive players ever, Dwayne Bowe and Santana Moss.

This is a deep deep year for Oline, CB's, and WR's. That increases the chances of Herm drafted a DT a lot more, and even if it weren't like that I still think he would, just because those are such rare DT's and we NEED one to effectivally run our defense. We could draft all the talent in the world for offense and it still wont be the best, just how Herm runs the game and likes to play.

Herm don't know how to run an offense!

That is why I think he will draft a CB first if Jake ain't available!

:drunkhb:

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Herm doesn't draft CB's in the first round, especially not a top 5. There is no possible way he could ever pass on a DT like Doresy or Ellis, mark my words. He has that eye for DB's and will wait until later rounds. I think Herms rain on our offense is over too, Gailey will run the show. Gailey has made the playoffs every year exept one as an OC, and he is a run run run control the clock coach like Herm wants. I think hes going to have the biggest impact on this team over anyone else we pick up.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Herm doesn't draft CB's in the first round, especially not a top 5. There is no possible way he could ever pass on a DT like Doresy or Ellis, mark my words. He has that eye for DB's and will wait until later rounds. I think Herms rain on our offense is over too, Gailey will run the show. Gailey has made the playoffs every year exept one as an OC, and he is a run run run control the clock coach like Herm wants. I think hes going to have the biggest impact on this team over anyone else we pick up.

So you want/think we will pick a DT first round, but still think our offense will be able to run, run, run and get first downs?

I think you haven't seen our O line lately!

:toast2:

chief31
03-16-2008, 02:17 AM

It will be difficult to make our offense any less effective. :D

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:19 AM
It will be difficult to make our offense any less effective. :D

I don't know. If we kept Drummond and let him keep giving us crappy field position it could get worse!

:11:

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Alabi and Jones alone are upgrades over Terry and Turley. Just getting rid of Weigmann alone will be huge, because he was to small to play center in our system. Niswanger and Taylor showed promise last year, and Svitek actually didn't look bad at RT, he sucks at LT though. Our line was way better when McIntosh was playing, and he was even hurt the whole year while he was playing. This is a deep deep year for Oline in the draft, arguably the deepest its been in 25 years. We can get starters outside of the first round, the 7th ranked guy isn't much worse than Long either. Great guards are usually drafted in rounds 2-4, and great centers are usually drafted in rounds 3-5. We are already upgraded, and we should be in a lot better shape after the draft even if we don't draft an Olinemen in the first two rounds. Chan Gailey's playcalling alone will make the offense look upgraded too, we won't be nearly as predictable.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Alabi and Jones alone are upgrades over Terry and Turley. Just getting rid of Weigmann alone will be huge, because he was to small to play center in our system. Niswanger and Taylor showed promise last year, and Svitek actually didn't look bad at RT, he sucks at LT though. Our line was way better when McIntosh was playing, and he was even hurt the whole year while he was playing. This is a deep deep year for Oline in the draft, arguably the deepest its been in 25 years. We can get starters outside of the first round, the 7th ranked guy isn't much worse than Long either. Great guards are usually drafted in rounds 2-4, and great centers are usually drafted in rounds 3-5. We are already upgraded, and we should be in a lot better shape after the draft even if we don't draft an Olinemen in the first two rounds. Chan Gailey's playcalling alone will make the offense look upgraded too, we won't be nearly as predictable.

I've heard that this draft it deep in everything but punters so far.

I don't trust Herm to evaluate talent on either side of the ball.

That being said I like your optimism!

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:26 AM
We went 0-9 without LJ, him coming back will be huge too. He kept at least 8-10 players in the box at all times, and has yet to play with Croyles arm. I also think Darling is going to do a lot more than anyone expects... if he stays healthy hes good, he was just in a bad situation in Baltimore, but really started breaking out at the end of the year. He didn't play much at all and still put up better stats than Kennison, Parker, and Webb last year.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Well whatever you've been hearing is wrong, the draft is deep at Oline, CB, WR, and thats about it. That plays into our favor a lot though because those are arguably our three biggest needs.

chief31
03-16-2008, 02:32 AM

Weigmann, eventhough I agree he is too small for the system, was still probably the second best offensive lineman that we had last season. (Tosh wasn't bad.)

But by the third round, all of the "depth" of o-linemen in this draft will be gone. OTs will be well into the third-tier, and the top one-two OGs will likely be gone too. And the C position is a very weak class.

As for predicting that Gailey will be some huge impact, that is not going out on much of a limb. When you have the 31st ranked offense, there is virtually nowhere to go but up.

You are picking a very heavy favorite here.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:39 AM
We went 0-9 without LJ, him coming back will be huge too. He kept at least 8-10 players in the box at all times, and has yet to play with Croyles arm. I also think Darling is going to do a lot more than anyone expects... if he stays healthy hes good, he was just in a bad situation in Baltimore, but really started breaking out at the end of the year. He didn't play much at all and still put up better stats than Kennison, Parker, and Webb last year.

I agree about Darling (I hate that name though)!

Putting up more numbers than Kennison, Parker, and Webb put together is about as hard as me opening a beer!

Well whatever you've been hearing is wrong, the draft is deep at Oline, CB, WR, and thats about it. That plays into our favor a lot though because those are arguably our three biggest needs.

Those are not arguably our biggest needs they are!

I don't think what I've been hearing is right or wrong.

I just report what I hear!

(Besides, I wear a Miracle Ear!)

:yahoo:

:drunkhb:

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:45 AM
I would say that Waters and McIntosh were our best two Olinemen last year. Olinemen being good by the 3rd round? Probably not, most years you can still get pretty good tackles then, and this is way way better than most years. You can always get starting Guards and Centers past the 3rd round too.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:49 AM
I would say that Waters and McIntosh were our best two Olinemen last year. Olinemen being good by the 3rd round? Probably not, most years you can still get pretty good tackles then, and this is way way better than most years. You can always get starting Guards and Centers past the 3rd round too.

You sound pretty confident about what you are saying.

Are you feeling this is the year the Chiefs rebuild the O line?

They have been neglecting if for a while now (McIntosh included, he is a slow, fat turd!) and I doubt we will draft Clady if Long is gone.

Those draft picks for O linemen are gonna be worthless in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:53 AM
We are rebuilding the team as a whole, including Oline. Great starters don't have to be 1st round picks, especially picking as early as we do, our 2nd round pick will most likely have 1st round talent. We can draft a great OT in the 2nd and a great OG in the 3rd or 4th easy... thats just in most years, I'm not factoring in how much easyer it will be this year because its such a deep year.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say we sign Justin Hartwig within the next couple days...

hermhater
03-16-2008, 02:59 AM
We are rebuilding the team as a whole, including Oline. Great starters don't have to be 1st round picks, especially picking as early as we do, our 2nd round pick will most likely have 1st round talent. We can draft a great OT in the 2nd and a great OG in the 3rd or 4th easy... thats just in most years, I'm not factoring in how much easyer it will be this year because its such a deep year.

You overestimate the power of Herm and Carl screwing things up.

I don't see this year being that deep for O line to be honest.

Jake Long has made everyone OT happy and now that is all that is being talked about.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say we sign Justin Hartwig within the next couple days...

Who the hell is that?

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:00 AM

Well, if he's actually coming into Kansas City, i doubt he leaves without a contract. I just hope you're right and he stays healthy.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Jake Long is media hype and wont be anything more than an average LT or maybe a great RT. Truth is that the OT that would fit our offense the best is Otah. I like Nicks who is faster, stronger, weighs more, and has longer arms but is a little more raw. Nicks also only gave up one sack and one QB pressure this year. The 7th ranked OT in this years draft isn't much worse than Long either... either way I don't think anyone we draft will unseat McIntosh thier rookie year, it would also be dumb because McIntosh is much much better at LT than he is RT.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Well, if he's actually coming into Kansas City, i doubt he leaves without a contract. I just hope you're right and he stays healthy.

He will be there tomorrow.

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Jake Long is media hype and wont be anything more than an average LT or maybe a great RT. Truth is that the OT that would fit our offense the best is Otah. I like Nicks who is faster, stronger, weighs more, and has longer arms but is a little more raw. Nicks also only gave up one sack and one QB pressure this year. The 7th ranked OT in this years draft isn't much worse than Long either... either way I don't think anyone we draft will unseat McIntosh thier rookie year, it would also be dumb because McIntosh is much much better at LT than he is RT.

which is why i'd like to see him moved to the interior.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Last year I would have LOVED to draft Thomas, I don't think Long even compares to him. Long compares a lot better to Brown, who was a big reach last year at #5 and started at RT for the Cards. Given thier starter is left handed.. but Leinhart didn't start all year and either way Brown wasn't that good.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 03:08 AM
I also think you guys are ruling out Niswanger, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him starting for us, he is/was an upgrade over Welborne.

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:15 AM
I also think you guys are ruling out Niswanger, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him starting for us, he is/was an upgrade over Welborne.

Hell, i'm not ruling out anyone! We've got at LEAST 3 spots to fill on that line. Perhaps even 4.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:21 AM
Who the hell is that?

Thanks for the clarification texas!

:sign0098:

Either McIntosh played worse rush defenses than he played last year with the Chiefs before he got here, or you are not watching the same games as me.

He is a (I will say it again) SLOW... FAT... TURD!

If he can use that fat to rush block then fine, move his *** wherever you want to to get that done!

If you really think he is better at LT than right I would hate to see him move to the other side of the line.

He will be there tomorrow.

Who's that?

which is why i'd like to see him moved to the interior.

You mean McIntosh?

Last year I would have LOVED to draft Thomas, I don't think Long even compares to him. Long compares a lot better to Brown, who was a big reach last year at #5 and started at RT for the Cards. Given thier starter is left handed.. but Leinhart didn't start all year and either way Brown wasn't that good.

I don't know who those guys are except Leinert, and that is like saying the offense would have been better had LJ not gotten hurt last year.

:lol:

Who the hell are YOU GUYS??

None of us agree on anything!

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Hell, i'm not ruling out anyone! We've got at LEAST 3 spots to fill on that line. Perhaps even 4.

I agree!

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Hartwig was drafted in 2002 by the Titans. He played 3 games and no starts that year. In 03 he was 16/16 games/starts. 04 he was 15/15. In 05 he was 16/16.

In 2006 he signed with the Panthers. He was injured and only played 2 games and started one. Apparently, he isn't the same player he was before the injury. In 2007 he was 15/15. If he signs, he may not come in as the starter.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 03:36 AM
McIntosh is a very good pass blocker, but he sucks at run blocking... thats a big part of why hes a better LT. You want your LT to be able to protect the QB's blind side, meaning you want him to be a great pass blocker. You want your RT to be good a run blocking. Most rookies can't just step into the NFL and be good, they start at the right side the majority of the time then move to the left side.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:46 AM
McIntosh is a very good pass blocker, but he sucks at run blocking... thats a big part of why hes a better LT. You want your LT to be able to protect the QB's blind side, meaning you want him to be a great pass blocker. You want your RT to be good a run blocking. Most rookies can't just step into the NFL and be good, they start at the right side the majority of the time then move to the left side.

You and I disagree bud!

I thought I posted it below but I'll say it again.

McIntosh is a slow, fat turd.

I watched him TRY and block DE last year and wasn't effective in the least.

If it was because of the injury then he should not have been starting, because opponents were sending their fastest guys around the left side of the line!

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:48 AM
You and I disagree bud!

I thought I posted it below but I'll say it again.

McIntosh is a slow, fat turd.

I watched him TRY and block DE last year and wasn't effective in the least.

If it was because of the injury then he should not have been starting, because opponents were sending their fastest guys around the left side of the line!

Really? And who behind him would've done a better job? :lol: :lol:

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:48 AM
Hartwig was drafted in 2002 by the Titans. He played 3 games and no starts that year. In 03 he was 16/16 games/starts. 04 he was 15/15. In 05 he was 16/16.

In 2006 he signed with the Panthers. He was injured and only played 2 games and started one. Apparently, he isn't the same player he was before the injury. In 2007 he was 15/15. If he signs, he may not come in as the starter.

And he plays what position?

I am assuming this Hartwig is an OT or OG?

Is he a center?

RustShack
03-16-2008, 03:49 AM
You see the problem is him hurt is still better than Svitek starting at LT... I'm looking forward to him being healthy next year, having a compitent OC, oh not to mention our Oline coach was terrible too (I don't even know why we hired him because he was horrible with hsi other teams too), and we won't have the old slow Huard playing QB curling up for an easy sack when he sees a defender.

RustShack
03-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Hartwig is a Center, the Panthers wanted him to move to Gaurd so thier 2nd round pick of last year could start at Center, but he refused so hes a FA now.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Really? And who behind him would've done a better job? :lol: :lol:

Trent Green blocks better with his head than McIntosh does with both hamhock legs, and doughboy gut...

(I know that was wrong, but I couldn't help myself...)

Who would or could have done better?

Are we talking about pass or rush?

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:52 AM
And he plays what position?

I am assuming this Hartwig is an OT or OG?

Is he a center?

dude.... try typing his name in on NFL.com. :lol:

He plays center.

texaschief
03-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Trent Green blocks better with his head than McIntosh does with both hamhock legs, and doughboy gut...

yeah, once.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:58 AM
dude.... try typing his name in on NFL.com. :lol:

He plays center.

I don't get that channel here.

I don't live in Texas.

:beer:

yeah, once.

I like Trent guy, don't get the wrong impression.

He needs to get the hell out while the gettin' is good, though.

chief31
03-16-2008, 04:20 AM

Tosh was better than I expected, and better than what I had seen of him with Miami. But Weigmann was solid.

You see the problem is him hurt is still better than Svitek starting at LT... I'm looking forward to him being healthy next year, having a compitent OC, oh not to mention our Oline coach was terrible too (I don't even know why we hired him because he was horrible with hsi other teams too), and we won't have the old slow Huard playing QB curling up for an easy sack when he sees a defender.

Keep in mind that Svitek was also hampered with injuries when he got to play last season. Not to defend him, but if we are going to point out Toshs injury, then it is only fair.

And it seems that you, like most Chiefs fans, watched Damon Huard with a bias already settled in. Because I saw Damon standing tall in the pocket and taking the big hits like a man. Obviously he struggled, but then he was getting pounded by poor pass-protection, getting no help from an inneffective running game, had to battle poor play-calling, had lost his no.1 WR for most of the year, and had precious little time to work through progressions.

That's a pretty tall order.:D

RustShack
03-16-2008, 04:24 AM
In years past Wiegmann was very solid, should of been a pro bowler. He doesn't fit a mauling line at all, he wasn't good for us last year. Hes also benifited a lot from being in between Shields and Waters...

RustShack
03-16-2008, 04:25 AM
I'll admit at times Huard did what you said and made me say wow... but the majority of the time I seen him fall into the fietle position before he was touched.

Canada
03-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I'll admit at times Huard did what you said and made me say wow... but the majority of the time I seen him fall into the fietle position before he was touched.

Like most QBs in the league would have done behind our O line. Bring back Printers!! :D

hermhater
03-16-2008, 03:14 PM

I remember seeing actually scramble (if you can call him wobbling around and avoiding a sack scrambling) a couple of times.

He was pretty good at getting rid of the ball, most times, before he was sacked.

chief31
03-17-2008, 02:37 AM
I remember seeing actually scramble (if you can call him wobbling around and avoiding a sack scrambling) a couple of times.

He was pretty good at getting rid of the ball, most times, before he was sacked.

He was much better at it in '06. But then he had a very solid interior o-line, just had the outside rush to worry about.

In '07, it was coming from all over the place.

hermhater
03-17-2008, 02:40 AM
He was much better at it in '06. But then he had a very solid interior o-line, just had the outside rush to worry about.

In '07, it was coming from all over the place.

Huard has never been accused of being a bad QB!

:lol:

tornadospotter
03-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Like most QBs in the league would have done behind our O line. Bring back Printers!! :D
YEAH, BRING BACK PRINTERS!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: We need a QB that can run for his life!

royalswin100games
03-18-2008, 12:22 AM
YEAH, BRING BACK PRINTERS!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: We need a QB that can run for his life!

I remember talking about this other QB Quinn Gray on the other thread... :D

hermhater
03-18-2008, 01:41 AM
I remember talking about this other QB Quinn Gray on the other thread... :D

Packers will probably get him.

Chiefster
03-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Packers will probably get him.

Yeah; they're suddenly in need of a QB.