PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

dtforever
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
in carls present situation what would you try to do to better this francise?

dtforever
03-15-2008, 05:55 PM
i think i would try to trade up and get the one player who imedatly improves my offense jake long

Canada
03-15-2008, 06:00 PM
If I were Carl, I would beat up Herm and then jump off a bridge!! :)

dtforever
03-15-2008, 06:03 PM
not a bad idea

DrunkHillbilly
03-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Fire myself!!! There.....we're already better!

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 09:01 PM

...Sounds like a plan.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 01:45 AM

As crappy of a coach as Herm is, I have to give him credit for his dedication to staying in shape.

Carl wouldn't stand a chance.

He could however pay JA what he wants to beat up Herm for him!

:bananen_smilies046:

(Then JA could throw him off the bridge because he got paid already!)

:yahoo:

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 12:04 AM

Resign.

hermhater
03-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Resign.

Should he get away with this crap so easily?

Are you saying if he just left it that would make you happy. Without any repercussions for the mess he made?

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Should he get away with this crap so easily?

Are you saying if he just left it that would make you happy. Without any repercussions for the mess he made?

Yes, I just want him gone; stop the bleeding.

hermhater
03-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Yes, I just want him gone; stop the bleeding.

I would take that in a heartbeat!

Just thought it was kind of fun discussing the alternative scenarios...

:D

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 12:19 AM
I would take that in a heartbeat!

Just thought it was kind of fun discussing the alternative scenarios...

We could replace his meds with Estrogen.

hermhater
03-17-2008, 12:22 AM
We could replace his meds with Estrogen.

Now that is funny!

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Now that is funny!

...And would be entertaining. :D

hermhater
03-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Now that is funny!

...And would be entertaining. :D

You've got this down pat, eh?

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 01:15 AM
You've got this down pat, eh?

We could fill his Shampoo bottle with Nair.

hermhater
03-17-2008, 01:19 AM
We could fill his Shampoo bottle with Nair.

It ain't that easy.

Have you seen Jackass 2.5?

They gave a guy a Naircut. It wasn't pretty.

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 01:22 AM
It ain't that easy.

Have you seen Jackass 2.5?

They gave a guy a Naircut. It wasn't pretty.

That's the point.

hermhater
03-17-2008, 01:28 AM
That's the point.

But putting it in Carls shampoo bottle won't do it.

It takes a LONG time for it to work and quite a few bottles of Nair.

Then you have to do it again and again.

And again.

Did I mention again?

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 01:34 AM
But putting it in Carls shampoo bottle won't do it.

It takes a LONG time for it to work and quite a few bottles of Nair.

Then you have to do it again and again.

And again.

Did I mention again?

...Sounds like fun. :lol:

Nite Crowd!

royalswin100games
03-18-2008, 12:29 AM

Since Carl doesn't give a crap about us fans and I'm Carl, I'd let the fans have a "Kick Carl's a$$ day" at Arrowhead and let the fans kick my a$$ all over the stadium.

:toast2:

hermhater
03-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Since Carl doesn't give a crap about us fans and I'm Carl, I'd let the fans have a "Kick Carl's a$$ day" at Arrowhead and let the fans kick my a$$ all over the stadium.

:toast2:

I'd pay a dollar!

tornadospotter
03-18-2008, 02:50 AM
in carls present situation what would you try to do to better this franchise?
This maybe unpopular with all of you, but if I was cp, I would sign JA to a fair deal, I would let the coaches chose who we draft, and let them coach them with no interference from me! I would put my attention on the renovations of Arrowhead, and make that my final job as a Chief, when finished I would retire.

hermhater
03-18-2008, 03:03 AM
This maybe unpopular with all of you, but if I was cp, I would sign JA to a fair deal, I would let the coaches chose who we draft, and let them coach them with no interference from me! I would put my attention on the renovations of Arrowhead, and make that my final job as a Chief, when finished I would retire.

Why in the hell would that be unpopular?

I was also reading about the Chiefs not spending a lot of money in FA because of the renovations going on at Arrowhead.

How exactly does the salary cap affect the finances of the owner?

If they don't spend as much as they can, do they get to pocket the rest?

tornadospotter
03-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Why in the hell would that be unpopular?

I was also reading about the Chiefs not spending a lot of money in FA because of the renovations going on at Arrowhead.

Not real sure, but like any business, the pockets are only as deep as what the owners have! The Hunt's are putting a lot of money into Arrowhead!

hermhater
03-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Not real sure, but like any business, the pockets are only as deep as what the owners have! The Hunt's are putting a lot of money into Arrowhead!

I think they are getting a bargain.

I'm paying for most of the stadium renovations, and am VERY happy to do it, I might add.

There is no way Arrowhead was gonna be replaced, so compromising on the renovations without the Sliding Dome was a cop out.

I'm not sure how many original stadiums are still in use, but I think Arrowhead is in the top 5 oldest.

And number friggin' one in awesomeness(couldn't resists royals)!!!

royalswin100games
03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
I think they are getting a bargain.

I'm paying for most of the stadium renovations, and am VERY happy to do it, I might add.

There is no way Arrowhead was gonna be replaced, so compromising on the renovations without the Sliding Dome was a cop out.

I'm not sure how many original stadiums are still in use, but I think Arrowhead is in the top 5 oldest.

And number friggin' one in awesomeness(couldn't resists royals)!!!

My mindset is still in Carl a$$kickin' mode.

wolfpack
03-18-2008, 05:35 PM
i would 1st and foremost fire hermmie. then i would tell Chan that if thinks of run,run,2 yard pass,punt he`ll be gone also. i`d also remind chan that a forward pass is more than 2 yards. dont be affraid to throw downfield.
then i`d fire myself after the end of the season,after i fire chan.

Coach
03-18-2008, 11:24 PM
I'd spend money and draft picks on getting the best o-line possible. With the extra salary cap money, I'd get a bonafide QB. Not Croyle. Not Huard. Once the Chiefs have a passing attack, the running game falls into place. The defense isn't awful as it currently stands.

AkChief49
03-19-2008, 01:54 AM
I'd spend money and draft picks on getting the best o-line possible. With the extra salary cap money, I'd get a bonafide QB. Not Croyle. Not Huard. Once the Chiefs have a passing attack, the running game falls into place. The defense isn't awful as it currently stands.
was reading on PFT.com that Carl, Herm and Chan were at Matt Ryan's pro-day........

hermhater
03-19-2008, 02:37 AM
was reading on PFT.com that Carl, Herm and Chan were at Matt Ryan's pro-day........

When was this?

AkChief49
03-19-2008, 02:38 AM
When was this?
Today 3-18-08

DrunkHillbilly
03-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Herm was there for sure. Saw him on the NFL Network today. There was even a small comment on him being there.

hermhater
03-19-2008, 02:54 AM
Today 3-18-08

Herm was there for sure. Saw him on the NFL Network today. There was even a small comment on him being there.

Crap.

I missed it all.

Friggin' work.

Hayvern
03-19-2008, 02:55 AM

I read an article on this.

There is revenue sharing. Money from Merchandising and TV revenue is equally shared between all the teams.

They also share the gate, the visiting team gets 40% of the ticket sales on a particular game. So your season ticket prices go to help the Raiders as well when they come to town.

The league has a salary cap as we all know. Teams must spend at east 80% of the cap, but can spend no more each year. Each year the cap goes up as does TV revenue. This particular article was saying that TV revenue essentially pays player salaries.

So yes, it seems that if Carl can get in for the cheap, they pocket the extra money, but there is litte insentive to do so as you cannot roll the money into next year unless of course you are going to have a hard time reaching the minimum amount next year. This might be what they are hedging against. This year they might be trying to get in just above the 80% knowing they are going to have a losing season this season and likely will see the gate income drop off.

Just a thought.

hermhater
03-19-2008, 03:06 AM
I read an article on this.

There is revenue sharing. Money from Merchandising and TV revenue is equally shared between all the teams.

They also share the gate, the visiting team gets 40% of the ticket sales on a particular game. So your season ticket prices go to help the Raiders as well when they come to town.

The league has a salary cap as we all know. Teams must spend at east 80% of the cap, but can spend no more each year. Each year the cap goes up as does TV revenue. This particular article was saying that TV revenue essentially pays player salaries.

So yes, it seems that if Carl can get in for the cheap, they pocket the extra money, but there is litte insentive to do so as you cannot roll the money into next year unless of course you are going to have a hard time reaching the minimum amount next year. This might be what they are hedging against. This year they might be trying to get in just above the 80% knowing they are going to have a losing season this season and likely will see the gate income drop off.

Just a thought.

Thanks!

:sign0098:

Canada
03-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah...good job. I am going to stop going to games. You guys hit the nail right on the head.

hermhater
03-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah...good job. I am going to stop going to games. You guys hit the nail right on the head.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hayvern
03-19-2008, 07:32 PM

One thing about fans that we all have to understand is that it is our right to complain about the direction of our team. You have to remember the word fan, comes from the word fanatical, and nothing describes Chiefs fans more than fanatics.

That is why Arrowhead is one of the loudest stadiums, and why for so many years Chiefs fans have been the greatest. There are always those that will agree with anything the coach says or does in regards to the team. Then there are those who have been through the good and the bad, has analyzed what it took to be a good team year after year and we are not seeing the team heading in that direction.

Ultimately there are decisions being made about this team, the fanatics are calling those decisions into question and rightfully should be. In the end however, the only people out there to keep the Hunts, Peterson and Edwards in line are the fans who demand a return to better and greener pastuers. That is why we complain, but on Sunday afternoon, we will be there with bells on to cheer whomever is on the team, full well knowing that another 4 and 12 season could be in the making.

Canada
03-19-2008, 08:06 PM
One thing about fans that we all have to understand is that it is our right to complain about the direction of our team. You have to remember the word fan, comes from the word fanatical, and nothing describes Chiefs fans more than fanatics.

That is why Arrowhead is one of the loudest stadiums, and why for so many years Chiefs fans have been the greatest. There are always those that will agree with anything the coach says or does in regards to the team. Then there are those who have been through the good and the bad, has analyzed what it took to be a good team year after year and we are not seeing the team heading in that direction.

Ultimately there are decisions being made about this team, the fanatics are calling those decisions into question and rightfully should be. In the end however, the only people out there to keep the Hunts, Peterson and Edwards in line are the fans who demand a return to better and greener pastuers. That is why we complain, but on Sunday afternoon, we will be there with bells on to cheer whomever is on the team, full well knowing that another 4 and 12 season could be in the making.

Why does it have to be one way or the other? Am I a guy who just goes along with whatever they say? I allow myself to hope we are going to have a good season every year. People here rarely focus on the upside of the team. I have a friend who goes to Vegas once a year in the summer and I place a $100 bet on the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. I do think there are some things that could have been done better so far this offseason, but there is a reason I am not the GM or Head Coach. I have not ever once said that people should not criticize the team, not have I said anyone is a lesser fan. Why can there not be an equal amount of optimism and positivity (if that is a word) There is much more criticism and negativity around here. I know people who do not frequent this site as much anymore because of the negativity. I did not direct my comments towards any member in particular. If you are negative all the time, you know who you are. 4-12 was last year. There are some decisions that have been made in the offseason and there is an even chance that these decision will pay off in the future, but if they don't I am sure someone will dredge up that thread and say "Told ya so" I am not a fan like that, if you are.....GO CHIEFS, if you are a "homer" then GO CHIEFS! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
03-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Why does it have to be one way or the other? Am I a guy who just goes along with whatever they say? I allow myself to hope we are going to have a good season every year. People here rarely focus on the upside of the team. I have a friend who goes to Vegas once a year in the summer and I place a $100 bet on the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. I do think there are some things that could have been done better so far this offseason, but there is a reason I am not the GM or Head Coach. I have not ever once said that people should not criticize the team, not have I said anyone is a lesser fan. Why can there not be an equal amount of optimism and positivity (if that is a word) There is much more criticism and negativity around here. I know people who do not frequent this site as much anymore because of the negativity. I did not direct my comments towards any member in particular. If you are negative all the time, you know who you are. 4-12 was last year. There are some decisions that have been made in the offseason and there is an even chance that these decision will pay off in the future, but if they don't I am sure someone will dredge up that thread and say "Told ya so" I am not a fan like that, if you are.....GO CHIEFS, if you are a "homer" then GO CHIEFS! :bananen_smilies046:

I don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks, I'm just here to drink your guys' beer!

:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
03-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Send me the money. I'll give you the same odds!!!! The negativity on my part comes from a lifetime of watching teams that have been inferior to the Chiefs for years, get better and pass the Chiefs on the scale of getting to and winning Superbowls. Why do those teams make the necassary moves to improve their teams but we never seem to do so? I love the fact that you are so optimistic. However, reality has set in for me. I feel like serious changes in mngmt needs to be made before we will compete for a Superbowl. Meaning GM, scouting, coaches and maybe even ownership!! Lamar Hunt was one of the if not the greatest owners and pioneers in sports but I believe his loyalty to CP has crippled this team badly!! His son needs to see this and take the team in a different direction IMO.

Canada
03-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Like I said!! GO CHIEFS! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
03-21-2008, 03:16 AM
Like I said!! GO CHIEFS! :bananen_smilies046:

I love the Chiefs!

GO CHIEFS!

Thank God Canada is still keeping up with that friggin' Kickoff Countdown thread that he made any and everyone else quit posting in.

The only way anyone will talk to him is if he starts a thread and says "Don't post here because I'm not gonna do it unless you do."

Big, red, loud, drunkass Canadian freak.

Thank God for Canada.

hermhater
03-21-2008, 03:22 AM
That reminds me...

I need to go find another thread I ignored earlier.

You need to be made fun of more Sasquatch.

Chiefster
03-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Nicely put; I'm as jaded as DH until game day, then the homer inside of me raises up and once again I'm hopeful.

Send me the money. I'll give you the same odds!!!! The negativity on my part comes from a lifetime of watching teams that have been inferior to the Chiefs for years, get better and pass the Chiefs on the scale of getting to and winning Superbowls. Why do those teams make the necassary moves to improve their teams but we never seem to do so? I love the fact that you are so optimistic. However, reality has set in for me. I feel like serious changes in mngmt needs to be made before we will compete for a Superbowl. Meaning GM, scouting, coaches and maybe even ownership!! Lamar Hunt was one of the if not the greatest owners and pioneers in sports but I believe his loyalty to CP has crippled this team badly!! His son needs to see this and take the team in a different direction IMO.

Absolutely agreed; I've said it many times before; I'll say it until something is done about it, and it bears repeating here: the one common denominator in the last 18 years of disappointment has been Carl Peterson.

Canada
03-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I love the Chiefs!

GO CHIEFS!

Thank God Canada is still keeping up with that friggin' Kickoff Countdown thread that he made any and everyone else quit posting in.

The only way anyone will talk to him is if he starts a thread and says "Don't post here because I'm not gonna do it unless you do."

Big, red, loud, drunkass Canadian freak.

Thank God for Canada.

Sorry HH, I just assumed you could count all on you own. In Canada we learn how to count in kindergarten. It is 169 more days. Whenever you need help, you just let me know. You can even pm me so that you won't look stupid in front of everyone. I mean you will still look stupid, but I won't tell them what a hard time you have with counting. :bananen_smilies046:

Thank God for Canada!! :toast2:

hermhater
03-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry HH, I just assumed you could count all on you own. In Canada we learn how to count in kindergarten. It is 169 more days. Whenever you need help, you just let me know. You can even pm me so that you won't look stupid in front of everyone. I mean you will still look stupid, but I won't tell them what a hard time you have with counting. :bananen_smilies046:

Thank God for Canada!! :toast2:

I don't have to count, I have you here keeping up with this thread every day!

:drunkhb: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I know I can't count, I have you here teaching me every day!

:drunkhb: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

PMs man, send PMs

Chiefster
03-22-2008, 11:37 PM
PMs man, send PMs

You said "PMS". :lol:

hermhater
03-22-2008, 11:40 PM

Twice!

:lol:

Canada
03-23-2008, 02:02 AM

Its just what comes to mind when i talk about hh

hermhater
03-23-2008, 02:14 AM

Can we please bring back the Post of the Month?

I want to nominate this.

Canada makes me laugh.

ha

anaeelbackwards
03-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Can we please bring back the Post of the Month?

I want to nominate this.

Canada makes me laugh.

ha

DITTO. :lol:

Canada
03-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Thats weird cause I laugh at HH all the time!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
03-23-2008, 01:24 PM
DITTO. :lol:

She seconds the motion!

:biggrin:

Thats weird cause I laugh at HH all the time!! :bananen_smilies046:

Sounds like we have enough votes to ratify the nomination!

Chiefster
03-24-2008, 10:46 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!

hermhater
03-24-2008, 12:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!

Stop encouraging him!!!

rbedgood
03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Stop encouraging him!!!

Translation:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm gonna tell my Mommy!!!

hermhater
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Translation:

I'm telling Chiefster on you!

Canada
03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Translation:

I'm telling Chiefster on you!

Heh....you were right!! :bananen_smilies046: