PDA

View Full Version : Vote on what do do with JA.

hermhater
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/532038.html

royalswin100games
03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Sign him now. He could remain the focal point of our defense for years to come. Herm's "rebuilding" process should include a 25-year-old all pro and arguably best DE in the league. As for his off the field mistakes, EVERYONE makes them. Hopefully he's learned from them.

:11:

wolfpack
03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
sign him but....put in his contract that the queen and his lapdog willbe gone after next year.

DMN
03-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I will be the first to admit that I dont know a #&@^$*% thing about running a football organization. But at the end of the day this seems like a paint by numbers situation.

If you draft a player..... then he gets really good...... seems like then you pay him. or what the #^$& are we doing here.

Or maybe I think that because he was the one thing I found myself returning every sunday to watch during an 07 season where the top college teams in the nation would have been formidable opponents........

peekaboo224
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
They should sign him.

Hayvern
03-19-2008, 03:14 AM
I will be the first to admit that I dont know a #&@^$*% thing about running a football organization. But at the end of the day this seems like a paint by numbers situation.

If you draft a player..... then he gets really good...... seems like then you pay him. or what the #^$& are we doing here.

Or maybe I think that because he was the one thing I found myself returning every sunday to watch during an 07 season where the top college teams in the nation would have been formidable opponents........

This is the problem I have with the organization at this point. Here we have an example of what Carl and Hermie want to do with the team, and they are treating this guy like crap. They have since they brought him in, they have never been fair with this guy. No wonder he wants out of KC.

I firmly believe that he is on the trade block, why else would you just tag him and then not talk to him about a long-term contract. I think they (the idiots in charge) think they can get a couple of picks for him. I fully expect to see a trade deal come through before the draft. Probably to someone like the Falcons.

jaytray
03-19-2008, 05:01 AM
We have to sign this guy because if we don't i might fly back to KC and beat the living sh** out of Carl Peterosn.

Aren't we in the middle of "Rebuilding" why can't we get it together here? Just like royals said below this guy might be the best DE in the league! How is Herm not pushing to re sign this guy ASAP? And don't give me the BS about how we are taking our time in free agency and preparing for the draft blah blah. This guy is the heart and soul of our D right now and should continue to be for years to come. In my option he is worth far more than 2 draft picks.

If we lose JA I will no longer respect Edwards.

Bottom is this whole thing is bullsh** and I'd rather not talk about it right now.

:)

jaytray
03-19-2008, 05:04 AM

Maybe Carl is taking a play out of the Royals playbook here???

I mean, The Royals have been building talent for the rest of the league for years. Maybe now since JA is all pro they want to give him to a team that wants to win.

Just a thought.
:11:

Chiefster
03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
What'd ya say we place the same poll here so that the Crowd can chime in?

They need to pay the man; he earned it!

hermhater
03-24-2008, 02:04 PM
What'd ya say we place the same poll here so that the Crowd can chime in?

They need to pay the man; he earned it!

:sign0098:

tornadospotter
03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Pay him, be fair but make him happy.

hermhater
03-24-2008, 03:12 PM

Yep!

Chiefster
03-24-2008, 03:41 PM

I think that's all he's asking for.

AkChief49
03-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Personally, I would like to see him sign long term. I can see the other side too, he has been suspended twice-I know and you know he's probably turned all that around. If you were signing the checks, would you take the risk? I would, but I'm just a fan. At least tender him the franchise tag offer. It's not like he will not be worth something to trade next year. He's proven his worth in this league.

rbedgood
03-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Personally I'd like to see him traded to the 49ers opposite Justin Smith...but since that isn't reality, the Chiefs have got to pay the man. He's a beast, he's young, and he seems to have straightened up his act.

p.s. I'm not the one who voted for the option to "trade him"

hermhater
03-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Personally I'd like to see him traded to the 49ers opposite Justin Smith...but since that isn't reality, the Chiefs have got to pay the man. He's a beast, he's young, and he seems to have straightened up his act.

I haven't seen nigeriannightmare post lately.

I wonder what he's up to.

Chiefster
03-27-2008, 01:20 AM

Eggsactly!

OTR Chiefs fan
03-28-2008, 09:13 PM
This is the problem I have with the organization at this point. Here we have an example of what Carl and Hermie want to do with the team, and they are treating this guy like crap. They have since they brought him in, they have never been fair with this guy. No wonder he wants out of KC.

I firmly believe that he is on the trade block, why else would you just tag him and then not talk to him about a long-term contract. I think they (the idiots in charge) think they can get a couple of picks for him. I fully expect to see a trade deal come through before the draft. Probably to someone like the Falcons.

Carl always takes his time getting deals done. Have you ever seen a quick deal done by Carl. I think the deal will get done. This is Carl's M.O., but I can't help but think that most of the players probably don't like him much because he draws these contract signings out. :D

hermhater
03-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Carl always takes his time getting deals done. Have you ever seen a quick deal done by Carl. I think the deal will get done. This is Carl's M.O., but I can't help but think that most of the players probably don't like him much because he draws these contract signings out. :D

Who does like Carl, besides the Hunts of course?

spiman
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Give him the MONEY, Then he can afford to cut his hair under the new NFL policy..*(soon 2b)

Chiefster
03-28-2008, 09:38 PM

Yet another reason that Carl is an idiot.

OTR Chiefs fan
04-01-2008, 12:37 AM

Yeah, I agree. I think Carl loves to play hard ball. Too much testosterone dude! :fighting0087:Maybe Carl should be tested for HGH! :lol:

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I agree. I think Carl loves to play hard ball. Too much testosterone dude! :fighting0087:Maybe Carl should be tested for HGH! :lol:

Carl should have his a$$ beaten into the ground by some hard-chargin' devil dogs I know, hoorah. :D

hermhater
04-01-2008, 12:44 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pro_Angler
04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
we would be stupid not to get him long term deal.. the guy is an healthy beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And has cleaned himself up very well. he has the right attitude we need on the team unlike LJ..

hermhater
04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
we would be stupid not to get him long term deal.. the guy is an healthy beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And has cleaned himself up very well. he has the right attitude we need on the team unlike LJ..

Agreed!

I hope we shore up the O line too so that LJ will get back to his Pro Bowl ways!

:yahoo:

Chiefster
04-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Well his hair is thinning on top. :lol:

Too bad it hasn't made him any smarter.