PDA

View Full Version : we got a perfect schedule for this year!!!

texaschief
04-13-2007, 04:27 AM
The Chiefs have no idea who they will have as a QB. I've said this before, but
we need to give Croyle the ball and see if the kid can play. We also need to
get as many rookie and second year players STARTING on the field as possible. I would much rather have our young players fire tested with a schedule like the 2007 schedule than get a cake schedule for these guys and let them waste it with inexperience. I am much more excited about this season and the opportunity presented to the Chiefs than i have been in a really long time. It's not filled with a false sense of optomism either!! I hope we get to see our young players step up in a rebuilding year with an awful schedule and become the future of this franchise!! Let's look at this!!:

This is what our team COULD look like if we take advantage of this season.

* - second year starters

DEFENSE:

Tamba Hali* DE
Bernard Pollard* SS
Jarrad Page* FS
Marcus Maxey* CB (if he can play AT ALL)
Derrick Johnson LB (3rd year starter)
Donnie Edwards LB
Napoleon Harris LB (6th year starter)
Jarred Allen DE (4th year player)
Alphonso Boone DT
Ron Edwards DT
CB, DT, DTThis leaves 3 positions to fill with vets like Greg Wesley, Pat Surtain, Ty Law, Ryan Sims, Kendrell Bell, Eric Hicks, Jimmy Wilkerson, Keyaron Fox and Kris Griffin. Not to mention one or maybe two of our first three round draft picks. I'm probably forgetting someone, but you get the point. we could watch this defense grow up together!!! LET THEM PLAY!!!

OFFENSE:

Brodie Croyle QB *
Larry Johnson RB (second year as starter)
Tony Gonzales TE
Chris Terry OT
Tre Stallings OG (if shields retires)
Casey Wiegman C (he won't retire yet)
Brian Waters OG
Damion Mcintosh OT
Jeff Webb WR *
Eddie Kennison WR
Samie Parker WR
Boomer Grigsby FB (3rd year player)While the offensive side of the ball is much more experienced, there is still room to infuse youth. Let Webb fly. Draft another WR and let Kennison and Dante Hall go. We've still got Rod Gardner here. He will be going into his 4th or 5th year. He was a FIRST ROUND PICK!! While Mcintosh fills a hole, he's not the stud left OT we need. We could either draft one or plug in Ramiro Pruneda from Mexico and see if he's worth the roster spot.

Bottom line, there are way too many questions on this team for us to expect a deep playoff run with the schedule we were handed this year. If we win a few games, great. I hate to see the Chiefs lose more than anything. Hell, i put a hole in my wall when the Chargers scored that 80+ TD run after the Pollard block punt the play before. Believe me, I HATE when the Chiefs lose, but we should look at this year as a developement year and look for a MONSTER season in 08. By then, we'll have at least 14 new players aquired though the draft on our roster who aren't there as of this writing. they will be in their first 2 years and our young players now will only be in thier 4th or 5th.

We also will have the option to draft a QB early in the first round of the 08 draft if Croyle doesn't pan out. This should be the focus of the Kansas City Chiefs and all Chief fans. Until we stop supporting mediocre teams, Carl is gonna keep doing business as usual and sell a crap load of tickets for a .500 ball club. As a fan base, we should cry out for a championship quality team every year but have the patience to realize that it may take a year or two to become a perenial powerhouse.

Cisco Kid
04-13-2007, 04:58 AM
NICE WORK!!! Man, I'm all fired up and READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!

Chiefster
04-13-2007, 05:05 AM
I agree; develop a real championship team. Take our lumps for a season or two, get some studs in a high draft position and a lighter schedule to develop our current players and start building some confidence; in the meantime the vets could be passing on some much needed experience. The time for quick fixes and mediocrity have got to come to an end if we are to ever get deep into the playoffs and get a shot at a championship. I'm sick to death of fielding a team that plays just good enough to get a 23 draft position.

stlchief
04-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm not ready for lumps. Let Hermie try one season with his squad & his philosophy. Last yr doesn't count. He went 9-7 basically fielding a team he inherited. This year it is all on him. I say a few more patches and take a shot. We were not far from it last year. I think Huard in the game in Indy and a little less predictableness (is that a word?), and we would have been competetive. The D showed up. They will be better this year. I think this is the year - then if it doesn't work, rebuild and grow and take some lumps...

kenny1937
04-14-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm not ready for lumps. Let Hermie try one season with his squad & his philosophy. Last yr doesn't count. He went 9-7 basically fielding a team he inherited. This year it is all on him. I say a few more patches and take a shot. We were not far from it last year. I think Huard in the game in Indy and a little less predictableness (is that a word?), and we would have been competetive. The D showed up. They will be better this year. I think this is the year - then if it doesn't work, rebuild and grow and take some lumps...

Yes, this is Herm's year, we will see, and predictableness works for me,
GO CHIEFS!!

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 09:24 PM

Well, FWIW, I do believe this to be the game plan.

Coach
04-15-2007, 12:05 AM

I prefer the optimism. Every team has holes. I think our season this year will be determined by how we play on the road.

Chiefster
04-16-2007, 12:54 AM
I prefer the optimism. Every team has holes. I think our season this year will be determined by how we play on the road.

Something we seem to struggle with.

kenny1937
04-16-2007, 02:54 AM

I agree, there will be plenty of time for negatism if we stink after the season is almost over, but now i am looking forward to our 2007 season with the hope that beats only in the breast of Chief's Fans, GO CHIEFS!!

:auto181:

Chiefster
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
I agree, there will be plenty of time for negatism if we stink after the season is almost over, but now i am looking forward to our 2007 season with the hope that beats only in the breast of Chief's Fans, GO CHIEFS!!

:auto181:

I'll be happy if we beat the donks, faders and Sandy Eggo, but I tend to have low expectations. :trans7: :p

stlchief
04-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Before Mr. Shields departed, I thought we would take the AFC West. The raiders - well, they are the raiders and will have a rookie qb. The donks - their starting QB had a losing record, they had a losing record @ home, they lost people in free agency (and some how have 2 home Monday night games?!?!?! -- but that is another thread). the charges have a head coach with a losing record. I really thought we could take it by default. Now it all depends on filling that hole Shields left.

Chiefster
04-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Before Mr. Shields departed, I thought we would take the AFC West. The raiders - well, they are the raiders and will have a rookie qb. The donks - their starting QB had a losing record, they had a losing record @ home, they lost people in free agency (and some how have 2 home Monday night games?!?!?! -- but that is another thread). the charges have a head coach with a losing record. I really thought we could take it by default. Now it all depends on filling that hole Shields left.

I think that we are clearly in a rebuilding year, and have few if any expectations for our offense.

Cisco Kid
04-17-2007, 01:59 AM

Sure hope that is the ONLY hole that will need filling...

Chiefs | L. Johnson wants new deal
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:18:06 -0700
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) RB Larry Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/5896/nfl) wants a new contract.

Funny isn't it? The day after Shields retires...BINGO!!! Hmmm??? Draft day trade??? Some would call this "Mock Madness!!!".

chief31
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Sure hope that is the ONLY hole that will need filling...

Chiefs | L. Johnson wants new deal
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:18:06 -0700
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) RB Larry Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/5896/nfl) wants a new contract.

Funny isn't it? The day after Shields retires...BINGO!!! Hmmm??? Draft day trade??? Some would call this "Mock Madness!!!".

Hell, if you trade L.J., maybe Shields reconsiders.

Chiefster
04-17-2007, 11:53 AM

LOL! Hadn't thought of that.

kenny1937
04-18-2007, 03:13 AM

(grin) I think you have something there chief31!!

:character00249: :smilie_shoot:

wolfpack
04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
if we beat the faiders twice, the donks and bolts at least once it would take some of the sting off a bad year.

chief31
04-18-2007, 03:18 PM
if we beat the faiders twice, the donks and bolts at least once it would take some of the sting off a bad year.

Yes, Wolfpack, I have refrained from saying it, but this season looks like it is gonna have me waiting a full year, for next seasons draft.

Canada
04-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I know it sucks that Shields is gone...but we are still gonna kick some ***, maybe just not as hard. Who's gonna stop us...the donks? faders? no one is gonna get in our way. I am not giving up until it is over, not before it begins. If i have to play I will.

Chiefster
04-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I know it sucks that Shields is gone...but we are still gonna kick some ***, maybe just not as hard. Who's gonna stop us...the donks? faders? no one is gonna get in our way. I am not giving up until it is over, not before it begins. If i have to play I will.

Carl; is that you??? LOL!
j/k

Good to see a "voice", so to speak, of optimism, but I have to agree that I'm looking for very little in the way of offensive production this year.

Canada
04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I am lookin for wins...don't care how they come, offence of defence

Canada
04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Carl; is that you??? LOL!
j/k

Good to see a "voice", so to speak, of optimism, but I have to agree that I'm looking for very little in the way of offensive production this year.
Carl?? :( I thought u guys liked me

Chiefster
04-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Carl?? :( I thought u guys liked me

LOL! We only tease the ones that are well liked. :)

Canada
04-18-2007, 07:48 PM
awwww...thanks

Chiefster
04-18-2007, 07:52 PM
awwww...thanks
LOL!
Meh, don't let it go to your head; it aint syin that much. :D
j/k

kenny1937
04-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Hey Chiefster, it looks like Igor gave you the bad brain, don't feel bad Canada, I have been called Carl too, stay right in there mate. (grin)

:6: :character00293: Hee Hee, you are a very poor shot!!

Chiefster
04-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey Chiefster, it looks like Igor gave you the bad brain, don't feel bad Canada, I have been called Carl too, stay right in there mate. (grin)

:6: :character00293: Hee Hee, you are a very poor shot!!

It's been said that I take after my father.

kenny1937
04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
It's been said that I take after my father.

Why? What did he do to you?

:character00135: youse better watch yourself Kid!!

Chiefster
04-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Why? What did he do to you?

:character00135: youse better watch yourself Kid!!

...Contributed genetics.

kenny1937
04-26-2007, 08:09 PM
...Contributed genetics.

:woody11: Contributed What!!

:joker:

Chiefster
04-27-2007, 05:02 AM
:woody11: Contributed What!!

:joker:

...to the gene pool.

texaschief
03-13-2008, 03:44 AM
The Chiefs have no idea who they will have as a QB. I've said this before, but
we need to give Croyle the ball and see if the kid can play. We also need to
get as many rookie and second year players STARTING on the field as possible. I would much rather have our young players fire tested with a schedule like the 2007 schedule than get a cake schedule for these guys and let them waste it with inexperience. I am much more excited about this season and the opportunity presented to the Chiefs than i have been in a really long time. It's not filled with a false sense of optomism either!! I hope we get to see our young players step up in a rebuilding year with an awful schedule and become the future of this franchise!! Let's look at this!!:

This is what our team COULD look like if we take advantage of this season.

* - second year starters

DEFENSE:

Tamba Hali* DE
Bernard Pollard* SS
Jarrad Page* FS
Marcus Maxey* CB (if he can play AT ALL) didn't happen
Derrick Johnson LB (3rd year starter)
Donnie Edwards LB
Napoleon Harris LB (6th year starter)
Jarred Allen DE (4th year player)
Alphonso Boone DT
Ron Edwards DT Tank and Turk were good picks
CB, DT, DTThis leaves 3 positions to fill with vets like Greg Wesley, Pat Surtain, Ty Law, Ryan Sims, Kendrell Bell, Eric Hicks, Jimmy Wilkerson, Keyaron Fox and Kris Griffin. Not to mention one or maybe two of our first three round draft picks. I'm probably forgetting someone, but you get the point. we could watch this defense grow up together!!! LET THEM PLAY!!!

OFFENSE:

Brodie Croyle QB *didn't happen
Larry Johnson RB (second year as starter)
Tony Gonzales TE
Chris Terry OT didn't happen
Tre Stallings OG (if shields retires)didn't happen
Casey Wiegman C (he won't retire yet)
Brian Waters OG
Damion Mcintosh OT
Jeff Webb WR * Bowe was a great pick
Eddie Kennison WR
Samie Parker WR
Boomer Grigsby FB (3rd year player)While the offensive side of the ball is much more experienced, there is still room to infuse youth. Let Webb fly. Draft another WR and let Kennison and Dante Hall go. We've still got Rod Gardner here. He will be going into his 4th or 5th year.:lol: He was a FIRST ROUND PICK!! While Mcintosh fills a hole, he's not the stud left OT we need. We could either draft one or plug in Ramiro Pruneda from Mexico and see if he's worth the roster spot.

Bottom line, there are way too many questions on this team for us to expect a deep playoff run with the schedule we were handed this year. If we win a few games, great. I hate to see the Chiefs lose more than anything. Hell, i put a hole in my wall when the Chargers scored that 80+ TD run after the Pollard block punt the play before. Believe me, I HATE when the Chiefs lose, but we should look at this year as a developement year and look for a MONSTER season in 08. By then, we'll have at least 14 new players aquired though the draft on our roster who aren't there as of this writing. they will be in their first 2 years and our young players now will only be in thier 4th or 5th.

We also will have the option to draft a QB early in the first round of the 08 draft if Croyle doesn't pan out. This should be the focus of the Kansas City Chiefs and all Chief fans. Until we stop supporting mediocre teams, Carl is gonna keep doing business as usual and sell a crap load of tickets for a .500 ball club. As a fan base, we should cry out for a championship quality team every year but have the patience to realize that it may take a year or two to become a perenial powerhouse.

It really does suck that we didn't see Brodie at all this season. Looks like we're going to have more than 14 first, second or third year players for the 2008 season and we're going to have to wait at least another year for a monster season.

hermhater
03-13-2008, 04:04 AM
It really does suck that we didn't see Brodie at all this season. Looks like we're going to have more than 14 first, second or third year players for the 2008 season and we're going to have to wait at least another year for a monster season.

You're doing this on purpose aren't you?

:sign0098:

texaschief
03-13-2008, 04:08 AM
You're doing this on purpose aren't you?

:sign0098:

This is funny. I like reading what we were saying about the team a year ago.

hermhater
03-13-2008, 04:14 AM
This is funny. I like reading what we were saying about the team a year ago.

We?

I guess I'm not part of that because I wasn't here until Septfaaav-reh...

This is actually interesting.

I am seeing a pattern.

Chiefster
03-13-2008, 01:44 PM
We?

I guess I'm not part of that because I wasn't here until Septfaaav-reh...

This is actually interesting.

I am seeing a pattern.

You mean like a weave?

anaeelbackwards
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
is there a reason why dwayne bowe isn't in that projected line-up?

hermhater
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
You mean like a weave?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/03/33.jpg

Yeah, something like that...

:D

hermhater
03-13-2008, 01:53 PM

I'm not sure of the date of the draft last year, but this might have been posted before it.

texaschief
03-13-2008, 04:30 PM

posted before the draft

hermhater
03-14-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm not sure of the date of the draft last year, but this might have been posted before it.

posted before the draft

Thanks for the verification guy!

We have a post whore budding here!

:yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :p :D

hermhater
03-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :p :D

Seriously?

The pink thing again?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/03/45.jpg

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Seriously?

The pink thing again?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/03/45.jpg

Yup the pink thing again. :p

hermhater
03-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Quit it.

Canada
03-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Yeah Chiefster...HH is gonna cry :p

hermhater
03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah Chiefster...HH is gonna cry :p

That's it!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg

Canada
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

royalswin100games
03-18-2008, 07:35 PM

:lol:

Canada
03-18-2008, 10:03 PM
:p :)

hermhater
03-19-2008, 04:16 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/03/51.jpg

Keep up the pink thing...

Canada
03-19-2008, 07:54 AM
OK :p :p :p :p :p :p :p I was gonna stop, but if you want it to keep going you got it big guy!! :p :p :p

rbedgood
03-19-2008, 02:39 PM

What's with :p???

And why does it bother HH that we are posting :p???

I do believe he does protest pink too vehemently...there is something behind this.

Dangit...I had a whole page of smilies pasted in, but the site only let me keep 10 (counting the 8 in the quote)

hermhater
03-19-2008, 02:45 PM

I do believe he does protest pink too vehemently...there is something behind this.

Dangit...I had a whole page of smilies pasted in, but the site only let me keep 10 (counting the 8 in the quote)

It's just friggin' creepy.

It reminds me of that albino in The Da Vinci Code.

Who are you? Shakespeare?

rbedgood
03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
It's just friggin' creepy.

It reminds me of that albino in The Da Vinci Code.

Who are you? Shakespeare?

Well to use Shakespeare..."To lay HH's gay comparisons apart..."

rbedgood
03-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh and for the literature deprived that's from Antony & Cleopatra...

hermhater
03-20-2008, 03:33 AM
Well to use Shakespeare..."To lay HH's gay comparisons apart..."

Oh and for the literature deprived that's from Antony & Cleopatra...

English 101

Chiefster
03-24-2008, 09:51 AM

Yeah, that is so HH doesn't just go totally hog wild nuts with the smilies. :D

hermhater
03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah, that is so HH doesn't just go totally hog wild nuts with the smilies. :D

I'm sure that rule is in effect just for me...

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
03-25-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm sure that rule is in effect just for me...

:bananen_smilies046:

It is; it's known as the HH rule.

rbedgood
03-27-2008, 04:32 AM
It is; it's known as the HH rule.

Can said rule be amended to also limit the number of times one photo can be posted to the site (i.e. neverending parrot photo that needs to be SHOT!!)

hermhater
03-27-2008, 04:42 AM
Can said rule be amended to also limit the number of times one photo can be posted to the site (i.e. neverending parrot photo that needs to be SHOT!!)

Dude you're hallucinating...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/03/98.jpg

Chiefster
03-28-2008, 07:56 PM

OOOO!! I know, how about if we start be closing old recycled threads that have long since been hijacked having absolutely nothing to do with the current state of the Chiefs organization.