PDA

View Full Version : Lito Shephard

texaschief
03-30-2008, 07:04 PM
PFT:
A deal hasn’t gone down, and the reason for it isn’t clear. Though there likely has been haggling about the value of Sheppard, with the Eagles presumably wanting more than what any interested teams would want to sacrifice, the recent trade of cornerback DeAngelo Hall from the Falcons to the Raiders should help to frame the market.

Hall generated a second-round pick in 2008 and a fifth-round pick in 2009. Sheppard generally is comparable to Hall, with Hall maybe being a half-notch above him.

One way or another, the deal is likely to get done. As noted in the Charlotte Observer, by way of the Philadelphia Inquirer, talks could heat up during the league meetings in Palm Beach.
This could be something the Chiefs might want to consider. Perhaps sending a 3rd & 7th rounder to the Eagles this year and maybe a 5th or 6th in 2009 would be worth giving up for a sure fire CB this season.

Drafting Dorsey/Ellis in the first, then maybe Cherilus or Baker in the 2nd would leave us with 3 definite starters to show from our first 3 draft picks. If you say that to ANY team in the league, they'll take it.

...or perhaps send Allen to Philly for Lito and their 1st and 5th rounder.

royalswin100games
03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
PFT:
A deal hasn’t gone down, and the reason for it isn’t clear. Though there likely has been haggling about the value of Sheppard, with the Eagles presumably wanting more than what any interested teams would want to sacrifice, the recent trade of cornerback DeAngelo Hall from the Falcons to the Raiders should help to frame the market.

Hall generated a second-round pick in 2008 and a fifth-round pick in 2009. Sheppard generally is comparable to Hall, with Hall maybe being a half-notch above him.

One way or another, the deal is likely to get done. As noted in the Charlotte Observer, by way of the Philadelphia Inquirer, talks could heat up during the league meetings in Palm Beach.
This could be something the Chiefs might want to consider. Perhaps sending a 3rd & 7th rounder to the Eagles this year and maybe a 5th or 6th in 2009 would be worth giving up for a sure fire CB this season.

Drafting Dorsey/Ellis in the first, then maybe Cherilus or Baker in the 2nd would leave us with 3 definite starters to show from our first 3 draft picks. If you say that to ANY team in the league, they'll take it.

Nothing is definite when you draft a player out of college. We have done pretty well with our first rounders since our mistake with Sims but you still never know what is going to happen until the player gets on the field.

Saying that, the first scenario for Shepard sounds good. He's a little undersized but a proven shutdown corner. He's had some injuries as well but not as of recently.

I've watched Ellis quite a bit down here and he's pretty good but I'd still rather have Dorsey.

Of course, I don't agree with the Allen scenario. We have a top 3 DE in the league on our team and he's only 25. I wouldn't care what draft picks we got. Once again, none of the players coming out of college have proven themselves.

hermhater
03-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Jared is already pissed off at Carl and I worry about him leaving every day.

Shephard is good, but I like who we got.

By the way Texas sucked today and now I have no way to catch up in the group.

Texas sucks!

:mob:

royalswin100games
03-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Jared is already pissed off at Carl and I worry about him leaving every day.

So do I but I still keep hope that we don't screw this thing up.

Shephard is good, but I like who we got.

By the way Texas sucked today and now I have no way to catch up in the group.

Texas sucks!

Who do you like at CB?

1. Patrick Surtain - I don't like the fact that he's geriatric at his position. We paid him superstar money for an average job

2. Tyron Brackenridge - I think he showed some flashes of brilliance. Is he a proven starter in the NFL?

3. Dimitri Patterson - ?

4. Rashad Barksdale - ?

5. Chad Johnson - ?

:11:

hermhater
03-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Who do you like at CB?

1. Patrick Surtain - I don't like the fact that he's geriatric at his position. We paid him superstar money for an average job

2. Tyron Brackenridge - I think he showed some flashes of brilliance. Is he a proven starter in the NFL?

3. Dimitri Patterson - ?

4. Rashad Barksdale - ?

5. Chad Johnson - ?

:11:

I meant I would like to keep Jared rather than trade him for Lito.

royalswin100games
03-30-2008, 07:52 PM
I meant I would like to keep Jared rather than trade him for Lito.

Oh yeah, me too. :D

jerhart
03-30-2008, 10:33 PM

...After thinking about it...Id go for this...

royalswin100games
03-30-2008, 10:49 PM
...After thinking about it...Id go for this...

Then maybe you or Tex could explain this logic to me.

If we are in a "rebuilding" process, why would you want to get rid one of your best young players?

AkChief49
03-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Then maybe you or Tex could explain this logic to me.

If we are in a "rebuilding" process, why would you want to get rid one of your best young players?the old saying "a bird in the hand...............":D

DMN
03-31-2008, 12:22 PM
At this point I have no reason at all to believe that the Chiefs will go after Lito. If they made no effort at young free agent talent cause of money. ie Gay, Samuel, Berrian. And then watched the Hall trade go down with no interest. There is no way they are going to go after a guy that wants a big contract (again the money thing) and lose draft picks in the process. They would have gone after hall or at least gotten in the mix if they had any intention.

And in my opinion JA isnt going to get offered a contract until after the draft and the players are signed. From a business standpoint they gain nothing from signing him now.

hermhater
03-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Without knowing Carl's intentions with Jared it's a moot point.

At some point Carl will come to terms with the fact that he needs to pay quality players to play here.

I can dream, right?

xxkourtneyxx
03-31-2008, 04:47 PM
i would take the lito shepard 1 round and 5 round for allen because the only problem with allen is he doesnt want to resigh with the chiefs so might as well get something from allen we could get long with the first pick ang with eagles we can get a wide recever or mybe another o line man and in the 2nd round a reciver

royalswin100games
03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
i would take the lito shepard 1 round and 5 round for allen because the only problem with allen is he doesnt want to resigh with the chiefs so might as well get something from allen we could get long with the first pick ang with eagles we can get a wide recever or mybe another o line man and in the 2nd round a reciver

The NFL is a buisness, period. If we gave JA a good enough contract, he would stay. He's already made it known he loves KC, the fans, and the team.

FIRE CARL!!!

chief31
04-01-2008, 02:19 AM

Do you have some insight here? All I have ever heard J.A. say is that he wants to be here, as long as he can get a deal done.

By the way, Welcome to the "Crowd".

hermhater
04-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Do you have some insight here? All I have ever heard J.A. say is that he wants to be here, as long as he can get a deal done.

By the way, Welcome to the "Crowd".

I thought I read that JA said he wouldn't want to stay in KC if he was given the Franchise tag.

Well we tagged him like friggin' sea turtle and now he's pissed.

rbedgood
04-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I thought I read that JA said he wouldn't want to stay in KC if he was given the Franchise tag.

He hasn't played under the tag yet...I'd wager that if you sign him long-term before training camp, he'll be just fine.

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 11:41 AM
He hasn't played under the tag yet...I'd wager that if you sign him long-term before training camp, he'll be just fine.

Wait until after we sign our rookies, he'll get a contract.

DMN
04-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I believe the stipulation was that if he plays the 08' season under the tag he wouldn't sign. We have until july for the deadline. I really think that everything is gonna pan out fine with him.

tornadospotter
04-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah, me too. :D
Ditto

At this point I have no reason at all to believe that the Chiefs will go after Lito. If they made no effort at young free agent talent cause of money. ie Gay, Samuel, Berrian. And then watched the Hall trade go down with no interest. There is no way they are going to go after a guy that wants a big contract (again the money thing) and lose draft picks in the process. They would have gone after hall or at least gotten in the mix if they had any intention.
Young talent is where we are going, hope we find some!
And in my opinion JA isnt going to get offered a contract until after the draft and the players are signed. From a business standpoint they gain nothing from signing him now.
Ditto, but they better pay him well enought to stay, and enought incentives to keep playing like the beast he is!

The NFL is a buisness, period. If we gave JA a good enough contract, he would stay. He's already made it known he loves KC, the fans, and the team.

FIRE CARL!!!
FIRE CARL!!!!!!

I hope he was just talking and posturing!

I believe the stipulation was that if he plays the 08' season under the tag he wouldn't sign. We have until july for the deadline. I really think that everything is gonna pan out fine with him.
It had better be a good deal, we need Jared Allen!