PDA

View Full Version : Headset

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
April 1, 2008 12:38 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker
At least two NFL head coaches are impressed with today's rule change that will allow a defensive player to wear a communication system inside their helmet.
Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis and coach Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints were both for the ruling at the league meetings in West Palm Beach, Fla.
"It kind of gives a degree of equity to the defense,'' Lewis said. "I think that there's still going to be an opportunity where you have to signal and be prepared. But I do think it will enable some communication and even enhance some young players earlier.''
One player, most likely a linebacker, will wear a specially made helmet equipped with a communication device. A backup player also will be designated with a communication helmet, in addition to his regular helmet, in case the starter is injured.
"I think it is good,'' Payton said of the new system. "I'm sure they'll be little glitches we have to work through, but I'm glad it passed.''

I think this is a good thing personally.

hermhater
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Who gets to wear it for the Chiefs?

DJ or DE?

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM

DJ or DE?

I think it should be Edwards as the primary and Johnson as the backup.

hermhater
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
'
One player, most likely a linebacker, will wear a specially made helmet equipped with a communication device. A backup player also will be designated with a communication helmet, in addition to his regular helmet, in case the starter is injured.

I think it should be Edwards as the primary and Johnson as the backup.

The wording in that article is rather vague.

Do they mean that a backup player (non starter) will be given one of those helmets with the communications gear, or another starter will be the backup communications guy in case the one that had the communications has to go out for a play?

Canada
04-01-2008, 02:53 PM

DJ or DE?

or DC?? :D

hermhater
04-01-2008, 02:58 PM
or DC?? :D

:sign0153:

Canada
04-01-2008, 03:03 PM
:sign0153:

Whats my name!!

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
The wording in that article is rather vague.

Do they mean that a backup player (non starter) will be given one of those helmets with the communications gear, or another starter will be the backup communications guy in case the one that had the communications has to go out for a play?

"Defensive coaches now will have the ability to put radio speakers in two helmets, but only one of those helmets will be allowed on the field on a given play."

- Taken from John Clayton article today.

I don't know if that helps. I'm assuming anybody can take the headset if the starter gets hurt.

Canada
04-01-2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/photoplog/file.php?n=128&w=o

You really are a tiny little guy!! :p

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM

:lol:

hermhater
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Whats my name!!

"Defensive coaches now will have the ability to put radio speakers in two helmets, but only one of those helmets will be allowed on the field on a given play."

- Taken from John Clayton article today.

I don't know if that helps. I'm assuming anybody can take the headset if the starter gets hurt.

Dave Chandler gets the back up headset!

:yahoo:

Haven't seen that in a while!

:lol:

Good times!

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty positive if Dave Chandler was given the headset that we would lead the league in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties...

and I wouldn't mind at all. :D

Canada
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty positive if Dave Chandler was given the headset that we would lead the league in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties...

and I wouldn't mind at all. :D

It would be a season to remember!! ...or forget!! :drunkhb:

hermhater
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey Canada did you see the picture of you in your garage I posted in the thread about Light Beer?

Canada
04-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey Canada did you see the picture of you in your garage I posted in the thread about Light Beer?

Yes, all the ladies have been sending me pms. that is why I was trying to keep it out of the threads. Now my message box is full again. It's hard to keep up!! Thanks

....plus, now people know my secret identity!!

hermhater
04-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes, all the ladies have been sending me pms. that is why I was trying to keep it out of the threads. Now my message box is full again. It's hard to keep up!! Thanks

....plus, now people know my secret identity!!

And you call yourself a post whore!

Hah!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
And you call yourself a post whore!

Hah!

The is post whoring (which is important) and then there is Canada...identity - unkown. Protector of Chiefs Nation, defending Arrowhead against all enemies foreign and domestic. I can not have my true identity getting into the hands of the enemies or all those close to me will be in danger. Remember HH with great power comes great responsibility!! :bananen_smilies064:

Canada
04-01-2008, 03:29 PM
oh yeah....and a lot of beer!! :drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb:

hermhater
04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
The is post whoring (which is important) and then there is Canada...identity - unkown. Protector of Chiefs Nation, defending Arrowhead against all enemies foreign and domestic. I can not have my true identity getting into the hands of the enemies or all those close to me will be in danger. Remember HH with great power comes great responsibility!! :bananen_smilies064:

oh yeah....and a lot of beer!! :drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb:

Now that's more like it!