PDA

View Full Version : Chat excerpt with Mel Kiper

royalswin100games
04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
This is a chat excerpt I found on ESPN from Mel Kiper's latest chat:

Brian(kirksville, MO): If the Falcons dont take Matt Ryan where does he fall? Does Kansas City pick him, the Ravens at 8 get him or does another team trade up?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/8.jpg Mel Kiper: If he gets past Atlanta, and I think they'd look at Dorsey if they don't take him, then I think KC would have to take him. Is anyone sold on Croyle? I would take Ryan. If KC didn't take him then it comes down to Baltimore. I think it would take 2 seconds for them to get the card up to the commissioner. They desperately need a QB. They have a new coach, a new coordinator. You have a whole new era beginning.

Looks like Mel is buying into the Herm visit with Ryan.

spiman
04-01-2008, 11:27 PM
I have been saying that all day long. That count down is getting near.

hermhater
04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't have any doubt that Herm has him in his sights.

kcmostwanted
04-02-2008, 12:46 AM
they have him ranked higher than all the other QB's but from the games i've seen i just don't see him that much better than Brohm, Henne, or woodson...He's probably just slightly better...If Henne can keep up w/ what he did agains Florida he'd get lots of looks and from what I hear his stock is rising pretty fast...

I just don't think it makes sense to take Ryan w/ the 5th pick for the chiefs because there's almost equivalent value that will still be there in the 2nd round if they wanted a QB...or maybe it does make sense to grab a QB if they think Ryan is the player that can lead us to the next level..just my 2 cents

texaschief
04-02-2008, 01:03 AM
what exactly is the "next level" in your mind after a 4-12 season?

hermhater
04-02-2008, 01:09 AM

If you ask a moron a question what do you expect for a response?

Guru
04-02-2008, 01:23 AM

3-13 of course.:D

kcmostwanted
04-02-2008, 11:01 AM
If you ask a moron a question what do you expect for a response?

what about reaching the playoffs on a consistent basis??.. that would be a start right???

spiman
04-03-2008, 12:47 AM
The Question would be on which side of the fence your on: Do the Chiefs have a QB? {me NO} If yes draft O line all day! BUTTT no\\ WE HAVE A HIGH DRAFT PICK/USE IT! Or go 500 this year and get a so /\ so in the draft as usual next year and be in the same place we are at now! CHANGE CHIEFS. LET's give HERM 1 more.. I am tired of rainy days.It rained all last season.season......

royalswin100games
04-03-2008, 12:52 AM
The Question would be on which side of the fence your on: Do the Chiefs have a QB? {me NO} If yes draft O line all day! BUTTT no\ WE HAVE A HIGH DRAFT PICK/USE IT! Or go 500 this year and get a so / so in the draft as usual next year and be in the same place we are at now! CHANGE CHIEFS. LET's give HERM 1 more.. I am tired of rainy days.It rained all last season.season......

Nice Herminator pic.

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-03-2008, 12:52 AM
The Question would be on which side of the fence your on: Do the Chiefs have a QB? {me NO} If yes draft O line all day! BUTTT no\ WE HAVE A HIGH DRAFT PICK/USE IT! Or go 500 this year and get a so / so in the draft as usual next year and be in the same place we are at now! CHANGE CHIEFS. LET's give HERM 1 more.. I am tired of rainy days.It rained all last season.season......

We have no choice, Herm is here for another season whether I have anything to say about it or not.

You'd think they'd learn????

:mob:

AkChief49
04-03-2008, 02:52 AM
This is a chat excerpt I found on ESPN from Mel Kiper's latest chat:

Brian(kirksville, MO): If the Falcons dont take Matt Ryan where does he fall? Does Kansas City pick him, the Ravens at 8 get him or does another team trade up?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/8.jpg Mel Kiper: If he gets past Atlanta, and I think they'd look at Dorsey if they don't take him, then I think KC would have to take him. Is anyone sold on Croyle? I would take Ryan. If KC didn't take him then it comes down to Baltimore. I think it would take 2 seconds for them to get the card up to the commissioner. They desperately need a QB. They have a new coach, a new coordinator. You have a whole new era beginning.

Looks like Mel is buying into the Herm visit with Ryan.
then by all means TRADE the pick to Baltimore. Pick up Clady or Otah and get a second rounder as well!!:D

spiman
04-03-2008, 02:52 AM
I am willing to give HERM a chance- To see if the vision could work in K.C. Rome was not built in 1 day butt it did crumble.""""

spiman
04-03-2008, 02:55 AM
R U Happy With Our Q.B.s?:sign0103:
then by all means TRADE the pick to Baltimore. Pick up Clady or Otah and get a second rounder as well!!:D

texaschief
04-03-2008, 03:03 AM
I like our QBs for this season. There's no one in this draft that we should spend a pick on to supplant Croyle. Besides, i liked what little i saw of Thigpen. If you want to find our "Tom Brady," I'd take a hard look at that guy. I'd also like to see Roach taken late in the draft this year.

AkChief49
04-03-2008, 03:04 AM
Not completely sold, no, but the O-line is in worse shape.IMO If we could get an extra pick in the 2nd round and get a decent guard and DB...things could happen! Just about any of these guys- with time to throw- can start to hit receivers. Look at Brady all year long...then the Super Bowl came, (yeah he had a bad foot too) just wish the draft would get here and put me out of my misery!!:D

spiman
04-03-2008, 03:19 AM
I will be dumb enough to watch all 6hrs/ like last yr..:iamwithstupid: /quote=AkChief49;79146]Not completely sold, no, but the O-line is in worse shape.IMO If we could get an extra pick in the 2nd round and get a decent guard and DB...things could happen! Just about any of these guys- with time to throw- can start to hit receivers. Look at Brady all year long...then the Super Bowl came, (yeah he had a bad foot too) just wish the draft would get here and put me out of my misery!!:D[/quote]

Ldub
04-03-2008, 11:27 AM

I for one am not. Lets face it, Croyle has yet to win a game. I felt Huard to be playing at a higher leavl then Croyle. Because our o line is trash Huard got the crap kicked out of him and that opened the door for Croyle. I think Herm has such a hard on about young players that he couldnt stand a guy in his 12th year leading this team.

I think the first order of business has got to fix the o line. LJ's numbers will go up, Huard wont get banged up, and Croyle will have enough time in the pocket to maybe prove himself. If we dont get J. Long i would like to see them trade down and still get a first round o lineman. Throwing another quarterback behind the line changes nothing, imo.