PDA

View Full Version : The Official "It has to be done!" thread.

hermhater
04-03-2008, 04:51 AM
Brodie is not able to fulfill his duties at QB.

Should we get Ryan if he's available?

No more talk about Jake Long, he's gone.

Someone make this thread a poll.

It's time to start thinking about Ryan.

texaschief
04-03-2008, 04:53 AM
lmao. Really? This is where you want to go? :lol:

hermhater
04-03-2008, 04:57 AM
lmao. Really? This is where you want to go? :lol:

Yep.

Me and my stupid *** are voting for Ryan now, if he's available.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/18.jpg

texaschief
04-03-2008, 05:02 AM
you should vote for a trade down. If we trade to the teens somewhere, the point chart requires that team to put together a package of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at least to make up for the point difference...and with a rebuilding team like what we've got, we need the extra 2nd and 3rd rounder.

hermhater
04-03-2008, 05:10 AM
you should vote for a trade down. If we trade to the teens somewhere, the point chart requires that team to put together a package of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at least to make up for the point difference...and with a rebuilding team like what we've got, we need the extra 2nd and 3rd rounder.

My bad, I didn't realize there was a vote.

:11:

texaschief
04-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Yep.

Me and my stupid *** are voting for Ryan now, if he's available.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/18.jpg

you're the one who brought it up, "stupid ***"

hermhater
04-03-2008, 05:19 AM
If we get Ryan all our O problems will be over.

Let's quit rooting for Jake Long and let's get Matt Ryan instead.

Then all our problems will be gone.

Dorsey.

raiderswillwin
04-03-2008, 12:26 PM
i know i have been gone a while, but, HH, you have already thrown brodie croyle under the bus?

i still say give him a shot under a decent offensive line.

anaeelbackwards
04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
i know i have been gone a while, but, HH, you have already thrown brodie croyle under the bus?

its gonna be hard to do that, i mean with brian waters being the only proven guy on that line and now wiegmann in denver.... our o-line isn't looking good like it was a few years ago.

mxpxHERO
04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
its gonna be hard to do that, i mean with brian waters being the only proven guy on that line and now wiegmann in denver.... our o-line isn't looking good like it was a few years ago.

wiegmann a donkey? geez we couldnt keep that guy? what id kill to have that oline from back in the day

Untouchable
04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I'd rather see them wait for a true QB prospect and design the team around rebuilding the bone crunching D from the 90's and a decent offense that will just not lose the game. Then hedge their bets and when a truly bright potential QB shows up make a huge play for him, instead of the crap shoot that has been around since the days of Steve DeBurg.

rbedgood
04-04-2008, 03:10 AM

He missed...he meant to throw you under the bus...Brodie was just a decoy.

texaschief
04-04-2008, 03:35 AM
I think we need to start talking about what we do when McFadden falls in our lap. There is definitely a case to be made about drafting the best player available. McFadden is probably the top talent in this year's draft and will probably fall to #5 with Dorsey, J. Long, C. Long, Ryan, or Gholston all drafted ahead of him.

I think it's pretty sick that we're going to see at least two of those 6 available. Any one of those guys is going to make an immediate impact on this team.

I think McFadden would be interesting next to LJ. I wonder if Chan could design an effective offense that is a mix of the "Slash" offense better than the "wild hog" offense where DMac lines up in shotgun.

Perhaps after an effective year, LJ's stock will rise enough to trade away for a couple picks in next year's draft while replacing him with this guy.

Just an option. Not necessarily one i'm in favor of. It's just interesting.

hermhater
04-04-2008, 04:47 AM
I think we need to start talking about what we do when McFadden falls in our lap. There is definitely a case to be made about drafting the best player available. McFadden is probably the top talent in this year's draft and will probably fall to #5 with Dorsey, J. Long, C. Long, Ryan, or Gholston all drafted ahead of him.

I think it's pretty sick that we're going to see at least two of those 6 available. Any one of those guys is going to make an immediate impact on this team.

I think McFadden would be interesting next to LJ. I wonder if Chan could design an effective offense that is a mix of the "Slash" offense better than the "wild hog" offense where DMac lines up in shotgun.

Perhaps after an effective year, LJ's stock will rise enough to trade away for a couple picks in next year's draft while replacing him with this guy.

I'm assuming that you are proposing this scenario as a fake GM, rather than fan?

Or you have the best interests of the Chiefs fans in mind?

chief31
04-04-2008, 05:09 AM

I would be thrilled to be able to draft a backup with our no.5 overall pick. :lol: Who needs starters, they are overrated.

rbedgood
04-04-2008, 05:10 AM
I would be thrilled to be able to draft a backup with our no.5 overall pick. :lol: Who needs starters, they are overrated.

Hmmmm....is that uhhhhh...SARCASM???

chief31
04-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Hmmmm....is that uhhhhh...SARCASM???

I'll have to look that word up. I have never heard it before.:D

Chiefster
04-04-2008, 08:40 AM

Ya know you can do this yourself. :p :D

Chiefster
04-04-2008, 08:42 AM
I'll have to look that word up. I have never heard it before.:D

I keep meaning to look up the word procrastination, but I keep putting it off.

Untouchable
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Why give up on croyle, I mean he was like the third best QB in his conference!

tammietailgator
04-04-2008, 08:32 PM
All brodie needs is protection on his blind side and I think he will be able to fullfill his obligation. Lets give him a chance. If we suck again this year, we will more than likely get an even better draft pick next year. :D:D

spiman
04-04-2008, 09:13 PM
All Brodie is good for is a back-up..Croyle lovers last year got your chance.He SUCKS! Get on board with a new QB. We were 1 pick away from Quinn last year. Freakin Dallas.The high pick is NOW! Another losing season to get another high draft pick?[please no,my heart will not take it] Use it Chiefs this year. It takes 2 years to develope a QB and CRoyle will play next year and prob start.Draft 9 other 'O' line players and some will pan out. The future needs to keep being addressed..Do it if possible.
All brodie needs is protection on his blind side and I think he will be able to fullfill his obligation. Lets give him a chance. If we suck again this year, we will more than likely get an even better draft pick next year. :D:D

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 12:14 AM

...You still here?

Hayvern
04-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Put Tony Dorsett, Walter Peyton and Herschell Walker all three behind our line and we would still not get 100 yards per game.

No matter what, best possible player or not, drafting a player that is not needed in the offense is a poor way of doing things. Having Johnson and Smith both on the team and both able to make a potential impact, we should not be looking at another running back.

Additionally, I don't see where anyone can be bagging on Croyle right now. Croyle looked no worse than Huard did, and Huard came in and played will in 2006 behind the line he had then. Lets give the man an offensive line and see what he can do with the weapons we have. If at that point he cannot pull his weight, well Chase Daniel will be available next season, we can get him.

royalswin100games
04-05-2008, 03:14 AM
What's up Hayvern.

Hayvern
04-05-2008, 03:18 AM
All Brodie is good for is a back-up..Croyle lovers last year got your chance.He SUCKS! Get on board with a new QB. We were 1 pick away from Quinn last year. Freakin Dallas.The high pick is NOW! Another losing season to get another high draft pick?[please no,my heart will not take it] Use it Chiefs this year. It takes 2 years to develope a QB and CRoyle will play next year and prob start.Draft 9 other 'O' line players and some will pan out. The future needs to keep being addressed..Do it if possible.

Sorry man, I cannot buy into this. I still have questions about Croyle, but honestly no one could have played well last season while laying on the ground. He had no help.

My biggest worry is the holes in the O-Line last year might have ruined him as a potential quarterback, but bringing in Ryan is not going to help that. I am willing to suffer through Croyle to take a look at a couple of other guys in the coming years that might be even better than Ryan.

Hayvern
04-05-2008, 03:19 AM
What's up Hayvern.

Not much, jsut biding my time till the draft so we can put this idle talk behind us and say we are finally doing something to better this team.

I am still prepared to see Edwards and Peterson to pick a kicker in the first round...

royalswin100games
04-05-2008, 03:26 AM
Not much, jsut biding my time till the draft so we can put this idle talk behind us and say we are finally doing something to better this team.

I am still prepared to see Edwards and Peterson to pick a kicker in the first round...

Me too. I'm getting tired of posting my opinion on the draft. I'm just not interested in talking about it. My opinion isn't going to matter to the front office. We will see how CP and Herm draft and hope they don't mess it up. We'd better hope we get some good rookies that can start every game next season.

hermhater
04-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Sorry man, I cannot buy into this. I still have questions about Croyle, but honestly no one could have played well last season while laying on the ground. He had no help.

My biggest worry is the holes in the O-Line last year might have ruined him as a potential quarterback, but bringing in Ryan is not going to help that. I am willing to suffer through Croyle to take a look at a couple of other guys in the coming years that might be even better than Ryan.

There's no way anyone can positively identify Brodie's talent after last season.

It's hard to throw down field while lying on your back.

chief31
04-05-2008, 09:26 AM

Yeah!!! And to think... those stupid Colts gave their young QB another chance after stinking up the field for his first season as a starter!! Ha,ha!! 3-13, with 28 ints? What were they thinking?!?!?

What we need to do is draft someone else who we can rag on for not being able to perform without an offensive line! That way we can belly-ache for years to come! Wooo-hooo!!:D

Where the he77 is that "sarcasm" sign?

spiman
04-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah!!! And to think... those stupid Colts gave their young QB another chance after stinking up the field for his first season as a starter!! Ha,ha!! 3-13, with 28 ints? What were they thinking?!?!?

What we need to do is draft someone else who we can rag on for not being able to perform without an offensive line! That way we can belly-ache for years to come! Wooo-hooo!!:D

AND to think gene pool/ attitude/size/just sheer presence/ which Brodie has none had nothing to do with it. You can allways see it-Elway/Favre- that guy who does not seem to go away which i wish Croyle would.:11:

OTR Chiefs fan
04-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Come on HH! Do you really think Ryan is the answer to our offensive woes? :sign0153: If we can't protect the QB it doesn't matter who we have at that position. Currently, Croyle is not our problem on the offense. The O-line is! If Long isn't available then we get somebody else, simple as that. I have never been a fan of drafting the best player on the board at the expense of filling a need. Let's not have a knee jerk reaction on rumors of what might happen and wait till the actual draft before we pass any judgements. :D

Canada
04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I have still seen some drafts that have J Long available at #5. I think a big part of it depends on what Miami does with the #1 pick!

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I have still seen some drafts that have J Long available at #5. I think a big part of it depends on what Miami does with the #1 pick!

True, but I still have a hard time believing that he will last on the board that long.

Canada
04-05-2008, 03:15 PM
True, but I still have a hard time believing that he will last on the board that long.

Just remember, all the teams drafting early have made a lot of mistakes to get to this point. Maybe they will screw up again and leave us Long!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM

I just put this thread out there so it can be discussed.

With Herm at the helm we just might end up drafting the guy!

:11:

AND to think gene pool/ attitude/size/just sheer presence/ which Brodie has none had nothing to do with it. You can allways see it-Elway/Favre- that guy who does not seem to go away which i wish Croyle would.:11:

You can't tell if he's the future or not yet, he hasn't had a chance to learn an NFL offense yet (even thought he is screwed because Herm is in charge of it).

Come on HH! Do you really think Ryan is the answer to our offensive woes? :sign0153: If we can't protect the QB it doesn't matter who we have at that position. Currently, Croyle is not our problem on the offense. The O-line is! If Long isn't available then we get somebody else, simple as that. I have never been a fan of drafting the best player on the board at the expense of filling a need. Let's not have a knee jerk reaction on rumors of what might happen and wait till the actual draft before we pass any judgements. :D

I doubt that Ryan is the answer to our offense, but we have a very good possibility of drafting the guy!

Just remember, all the teams drafting early have made a lot of mistakes to get to this point. Maybe they will screw up again and leave us Long!! :bananen_smilies046:

Yep!

Let's hope they are as inept as the Chiefs management!

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
If we do take him, (Ryan) then I will be awefully salty, but I will hope that it all works out somehow.

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 04:54 PM

Yeah, but I look for Herm and Carl to make picks that will leave us short.

Canada
04-05-2008, 04:55 PM

We are drafting HH?? :p

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 04:59 PM

...Aquatic Engineer.

hermhater
04-05-2008, 05:00 PM
If we do take him, (Ryan) then I will be awefully salty, but I will hope that it all works out somehow.

Hopefully Carl and Herm have been paying attention to us and we take some linemen.

:sign0104:

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Hopefully Carl and Herm have been paying attention to us and we take some linemen.

:sign0104:

Heh! :lol:

Hayvern
04-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Even if Long is long gone, we still have other holes to fill. THere is the need for a good cornerback as well. We can always be looking at one of those. Either way, drafting without filling a known need is plain stupid, however, it is not something I would put past the yokels in charge.

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Even if Long is long gone, we still have other holes to fill. THere is the need for a good cornerback as well. We can always be looking at one of those. Either way, drafting without filling a known need is plain stupid, however, it is not something I would put past the yokels in charge.

You have aptly described Herm and Carl.

hermhater
04-05-2008, 05:50 PM

Who's the top ranked CB in this draft?

Anyone know?

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 06:03 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11805&draftyear=2008&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d11805%26dr aftyear%3d2008

Chiefster
04-05-2008, 06:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/leodis-mckelvin?id=1298

hermhater
04-05-2008, 06:36 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11805&draftyear=2008&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d11805%26dr aftyear%3d2008

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/leodis-mckelvin?id=1298

Thanks Chiefster!

That guy sounds like a hell of a team contributor!

I hope we can get him somehow!

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks Chiefster!

That guy sounds like a hell of a team contributor!

I hope we can get him somehow!

I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

hermhater
04-10-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

Since when have you become sure of anything?

:cool:

royalswin100games
04-10-2008, 03:35 PM

I signed into insider and have all the information from your link:

Leodis McKelvin
CB (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/position?id=92) | (5'10http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/67.jpg", 190, 4.379) | TROY UNIVERSITY (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/school?id=2446)

Scouts Grade: 95

Strengths: Is a fluid, smooth and explosive athlete. Displays very quick feet and leverage in-and-out of pedal. Shows good technique and footwork in coverage. Explodes out of his pedal and typically gets a very good jump on the ball. He displays outstanding quick-twitch athleticism and change-of-direction skills. Can keep with quicker WR's on double moves and also shows the hip-fluidity and closing burst to turn and run with faster receivers on vertical routes. Is one of the elite PR prospects in the 2008 class. One of his three touchdown returns in 2007 came versus Big 12 opponent Oklahoma State. The 74-yard scamper (14:10 remaining in the 2nd quarter) shows the type of vision and breakaway speed he possesses.

Weaknesses: Is a finesse cover corner. Does not like to support the run and will avoid contact if at all possible. Plays a lot of man-off coverage and needs to improve his ability to press WR's at the line of scrimmage. Bigger WR's usually can dictate their routes. Despite outstanding experience in the return game, he displays marginal ball skills. He knocks down too many passes he should pick off. Fights the ball too much as a PR, as well. Really needs to improve his hands in order to reach full potential on defense and in the return game in the NFL.

Overall: McKelvin arrived at Troy in 2004 and immediately contributed as a kick return specialist and reserve cornerback. He didn't start in his first two seasons (2004-'05), but he played 23 games and had 47 tackles (including one sack), six pass breakups and an interception (which he returned 71 yards for a touchdown). Over his final two seasons (2006-'07), he started all 25 games at left cornerback for the Trojans, recording 126 tackles (3.5 for losses), five forced fumbles, three interceptions and 16 pass breakups. For his career, McKelvin also had 112 punt returns for 1,471 yards (13.1 average) and seven TDs, plus 99 kickoff returns for 2,346 yards (23.7 average) and another score. He suffered a left shoulder sprain during the offseason in 2005 and underwent surgery for a right ankle fracture in 2006, but he missed no games as a result of the injuries. McKelvin is still a work in progress at cornerback and he will never be an overly physical defender. In addition, he needs to improve his ball skills in order to maximize his enormous potential as a playmaker with the ball in his hand. However, McKelvin is one of the fastest and most fluid cornerbacks in the 2008 class. He's also the second-most dangerous punt return specialist behind Cal's DeSean Jackson, which should propel him into the top half of the first round.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=ScoutsInc)

hermhater
04-10-2008, 04:52 PM

Leodis McKelvin
CB (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/position?id=92) | (5'10http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/67.jpg", 190, 4.379) | TROY UNIVERSITY (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/school?id=2446)

Strengths: Is a fluid, smooth and explosive athlete. Displays very quick feet and leverage in-and-out of pedal. Shows good technique and footwork in coverage. Explodes out of his pedal and typically gets a very good jump on the ball. He displays outstanding quick-twitch athleticism and change-of-direction skills. Can keep with quicker WR's on double moves and also shows the hip-fluidity and closing burst to turn and run with faster receivers on vertical routes. Is one of the elite PR prospects in the 2008 class. One of his three touchdown returns in 2007 came versus Big 12 opponent Oklahoma State. The 74-yard scamper (14:10 remaining in the 2nd quarter) shows the type of vision and breakaway speed he possesses.

Weaknesses: Is a finesse cover corner. Does not like to support the run and will avoid contact if at all possible. Plays a lot of man-off coverage and needs to improve his ability to press WR's at the line of scrimmage. Bigger WR's usually can dictate their routes. Despite outstanding experience in the return game, he displays marginal ball skills. He knocks down too many passes he should pick off. Fights the ball too much as a PR, as well. Really needs to improve his hands in order to reach full potential on defense and in the return game in the NFL.

Overall: McKelvin arrived at Troy in 2004 and immediately contributed as a kick return specialist and reserve cornerback. He didn't start in his first two seasons (2004-'05), but he played 23 games and had 47 tackles (including one sack), six pass breakups and an interception (which he returned 71 yards for a touchdown). Over his final two seasons (2006-'07), he started all 25 games at left cornerback for the Trojans, recording 126 tackles (3.5 for losses), five forced fumbles, three interceptions and 16 pass breakups. For his career, McKelvin also had 112 punt returns for 1,471 yards (13.1 average) and seven TDs, plus 99 kickoff returns for 2,346 yards (23.7 average) and another score. He suffered a left shoulder sprain during the offseason in 2005 and underwent surgery for a right ankle fracture in 2006, but he missed no games as a result of the injuries. McKelvin is still a work in progress at cornerback and he will never be an overly physical defender. In addition, he needs to improve his ball skills in order to maximize his enormous potential as a playmaker with the ball in his hand. However, McKelvin is one of the fastest and most fluid cornerbacks in the 2008 class. He's also the second-most dangerous punt return specialist behind Cal's DeSean Jackson, which should propel him into the top half of the first round.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=ScoutsInc)

Nice info royals!

I like the guy a lot, I wonder if we will trade our number 5 to get a couple more picks in the first round.

This guy would be a great addition to the team.

Chiefster
04-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Nice info royals!

I like the guy a lot, I wonder if we will trade our number 5 to get a couple more picks in the first round.

This guy would be a great addition to the team.

That would require nonconventional thinking on the part of Carl; don't see it happening.

OTR Chiefs fan
04-13-2008, 01:04 PM

Leodis McKelvin

Sounds like he has too many flaws to be a 1st round pick. I'd say try to pick him up in the 2nd. :D

Guru
04-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Still discussing this? geez

hermhater
04-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Still discussing this? geez

You seriously don't think it would happen if Ryan were available?

I think Herm would snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Guru
04-14-2008, 05:14 AM
You seriously don't think it would happen if Ryan were available?

I think Herm would snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Seems obvious to me that we will take Ryan or trade down.

Chiefster
04-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Seems obvious to me that we will take Ryan or trade down.

...More then likely.