PDA

View Full Version : Meeting!!! Opening Day Tickets

Canada
04-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I would like to see if we can find a tiem to get everyone going to the opener on line sometime before Friday to discuss a few things!! Please let me know if we can all be on line on Friday at noon KC time!! I will be placing the order for tix that afternoon and i would like to have everyones input regarding prices, seating, tailgating etc...before I make the call!! Hope we can all be there!! :bananen_smilies046:
Canada

hermhater
04-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks for signing our post, otherwise I would never have known who posted it.

This belongs in Hardcore Chiefs discussion.

hermhater
04-09-2008, 02:27 AM

I meant "your" post, not "our" post.

Chiefster
04-09-2008, 06:10 AM

Actually, it's exactly where it belongs. We're talking about going to watch the Chiefs play, not who, where or how they play.

Canada,
I will not be available then, but I will go along with whatever the consensus of those going decide to do. You can PM me with any details that might be specific to my situation. :)

Canada
04-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Actually, it's exactly where it belongs. We're talking about going to watch the Chiefs play, not who, where or how they play.

Canada,
I will not be available then, but I will go along with whatever the consensus of those going decide to do. You can PM me with any details that might be specific to my situation. :)

You will be taken care of my hard working ChiefsCrowd mod!! :lol:....hard working!! :D

Hayvern
04-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I would like to see if we can find a tiem to get everyone going to the opener on line sometime before Friday to discuss a few things!! Please let me know if we can all be on line on Friday at noon KC time!! I will be placing the order for tix that afternoon and i would like to have everyones input regarding prices, seating, tailgating etc...before I make the call!! Hope we can all be there!! :bananen_smilies046:
Canada

I will do my best to be there, how do you plan to have this meeting? What software should I install?

Canada
04-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I will do my best to be there, how do you plan to have this meeting? What software should I install?

I figured just make a thread and I will answer any last minute questions about cost, where we all want to sit, how to pay etc...I am also looking into hotel discounts so I am wondering if everyone is OK wit Red Roof Inn. I have got them so far at around 50 bucks a nite. But I want to talk to everyone to make sure that I book the right tickets/seats and I want to make sure no one is left out!! :bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
04-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I work during that time. I doubt I can be online, but I could try to from work

tornadospotter
04-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I figured just make a thread and I will answer any last minute questions about cost, where we all want to sit, how to pay etc...I am also looking into hotel discounts so I am wondering if everyone is OK wit Red Roof Inn. I have got them so far at around 50 bucks a nite. But I want to talk to everyone to make sure that I book the right tickets/seats and I want to make sure no one is left out!! :bananen_smilies046:
I will be at work also, I have lunch break at 1 pm central time. So I could catch up then. Red Roof is fine with me, and I will go with the tickets that you all decide.

royalswin100games
04-09-2008, 02:54 PM
I don't know if I can be here at that time. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get there so I'm cool with whatever everyone decides.

Canada
04-09-2008, 03:12 PM
is there a time that everyone can be here? i don't care when it is

hermhater
04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
is there a time that everyone can be here? i don't care when it is

I'm here.

tammietailgator
04-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I can do it after 6pm or 6:30pm central time friday

Coach
04-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Canada

I can't be online at that time. But I'm all for getting the best tickets available. I'll defer to the group decision. I need 1 ticket. As for hotel, I'd like to stay close to the stadium where other Chiefs fans will be partying. I forget the name of the hotel, but I thought there was one close to the stadium. But again, if that doesn't work for the group, then I'll defer to the majority. I'll need a room for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Sorry Chiefster, I moved the thread before I read your post. You are correct though.

But since I already moved it, I'm gonna leave it. It probably isn't bad to have it in the Hardcore Chiefs forum since more people read that forum.

Chiefster
04-09-2008, 06:45 PM
You will be taken care of my hard working ChiefsCrowd mod!! :lol:....hard working!! :D

Thanks bud! :D

Chiefster
04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I can't be online at that time. But I'm all for getting the best tickets available. I'll defer to the group decision. I need 1 ticket. As for hotel, I'd like to stay close to the stadium where other Chiefs fans will be partying. I forget the name of the hotel, but I thought there was one close to the stadium. But again, if that doesn't work for the group, then I'll defer to the majority. I'll need a room for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Sorry Chiefster, I moved the thread before I read your post. You are correct though.

But since I already moved it, I'm gonna leave it. It probably isn't bad to have it in the Hardcore Chiefs forum since more people read that forum.

No problem bud...agreed.

Canada
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Tickets

Since no one can be here I am going to put this out there. Approx $100 per ticket. No more than $100 taxes incl. Lower level endzone or sideline. I am going to go with what is available.

Hotels

Red Roof Inn is 3.6 miles from the stadium (Noland Rd.) and it is approx $50 a night. I am going to contact them about a group discount for that weekend. (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Travel

You are all on your own for gettin to KC.

**IMPORTANT**

If you have ordered tickets please pm me the exact number of tickets you want, your full name and a contact phone number where I can reach you. You tickets will be reserved under your name and you will only be permitted to but the tickets under your name. All tickets will be picked up at will call on game day at the Stadium. Again, I need NAMES to reserve your tickets. I will not share your contact info with anyone, just giving them your names.

Sorry Timsatt, I have not heard from you about your tickets. Some other people claiming to be you keep asking for them but I don't trust that they are you. Maybe next year!!

hermhater
04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Sorry Timsatt, I have not heard from you about your tickets. Some other people claiming to be you keep asking for them but I don't trust that they are you. Maybe next year!!

:lol: :lol: :sign0098:

Chiefster
04-09-2008, 09:09 PM
...Sorry Timsatt, I have not heard from you about your tickets. Some other people claiming to be you keep asking for them but I don't trust that they are you. Maybe next year!!

...Such is life.

tornadospotter
04-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Tickets

Since no one can be here I am going to put this out there. Approx $100 per ticket. No more than $100 taxes incl. Lower level endzone or sideline. I am going to go with what is available.

Hotels

Red Roof Inn is 3.6 miles from the stadium (Noland Rd.) and it is approx $50 a night. I am going to contact them about a group discount for that weekend. (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Travel

You are all on your own for gettin to KC.
But I will buy the beer!!!!
**IMPORTANT**

If you have ordered tickets please pm me the exact number of tickets you want, your full name and a contact phone number where I can reach you. You tickets will be reserved under your name and you will only be permitted to but the tickets under your name. All tickets will be picked up at will call on game day at the Stadium. Again, I need NAMES to reserve your tickets. I will not share your contact info with anyone, just giving them your names.

I make this a motion, and call for a second, and I vote yes!
Thanks Canada! I am thirsty!!!:bananen_smilies046:fyp

tammietailgator
04-09-2008, 09:46 PM
All sounds good to me, except I will not be needing a hotel room. I will pm you my information - oh and thanks for buying all the beer.. that is great!:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Just joking Canada, YOU desire a cold brew from all of us for putting this together! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-09-2008, 09:50 PM
All sounds good to me, except I will not be needing a hotel room. I will pm you my information - oh and thanks for buying all the beer.. that is great!:bananen_smilies046:
What!!! I thought you was going to stay a party at the motel also! :mob:

Chiefster
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Just joking Canada, YOU desire a cold brew from all of us for putting this together! :bananen_smilies046:

He'll have to settle for a Diet Coke from me.

tammietailgator
04-09-2008, 10:01 PM
What!!! I thought you was going to stay a party at the motel also! :mob:
I will party, but I want my own bed to sleep in when its all over!
:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-09-2008, 11:43 PM
I will party, but I want my own bed to sleep in when its all over!
:bananen_smilies046:
So get a room!!!! We do not want to pour you in to a taxi, and have a slightly wrong address given for home!:D Be safe book a room! The room booked prior to is better than the one you might get later!!!!:cop:

Canada
04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
So get a room!!!! We do not want to pour you in to a taxi, and have a slightly wrong address given for home!:D Be safe book a room!

trying to get a cab in KC is bullsh!t!!! I tried!!

hermhater
04-09-2008, 11:49 PM
trying to get a cab in KC is bullsh!t!!! I tried!!

It is easier when you are not threatening the taxi drivers dude...

:biggrin:

Canada
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM

I wouldn't have to if they did what they were told!! Back on topic now!!

tammietailgator
04-10-2008, 01:03 AM
No, I would have a dd

YZILLA
04-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I still have my ventrilo if you all want to get on there Those with a mic can talk . Anyone with speakers can listen and type in the chat room area so everyone can still take part. I can put up the info if the mods dont still have it somewhere. I havent stopped paying for it yet and dont plan to anymore . I am still offering it to the Chiefscrowd for nothing ! So lets get it put back on the website if we can . I can get coach the module so he can put it back on the website so everyone can see who is in the channels ! Let me know if you need anything. You dont have to have a microphone to use ventrillo just speakers or headphones. There is a chat channel or a comment area that says what you type .By the way this is a free program for you to download and does not lag your computer. It takes up very little space and is easy to use.

Canada
04-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the offer, but my computer at ome is fried so i will not be on tomorrow. Send me a pm if you are cool with the seats I am trying to get and all that fun stuff!! If anyone has any questions, I will be able to answer them before 0600 tomorrow morning (friday) I am at work tonite so I will be on. After that I will use my judgement on any issues that may arise!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the offer, but my computer at ome is fried so i will not be on tomorrow. Send me a pm if you are cool with the seats I am trying to get and all that fun stuff!! If anyone has any questions, I will be able to answer them before 0600 tomorrow morning (friday) I am at work tonite so I will be on. After that I will use my judgement on any issues that may arise!! :bananen_smilies046:

What seems to be the problem with it.

hermhater
04-10-2008, 07:44 PM

Good for you Chiefster!

That is always the first question in troubleshooting!

:sign0098: :toast2: :11:

Canada
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM

It will only run for about 10 minutes and then it shut itself down. It smells a bit like burning plastic too. soemthing is overheating so I am goin to take it in tomorrow and see if it can be fixed. I hope it can cause if I have to get a new one it will put a serious kink in my plans to come to KC in Sept

anaeelbackwards
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM
No, I would have a dd

SAFETY FIRST!

so its decided! HERMHATERS the DD! :yahoo: :lol:

hermhater
04-10-2008, 08:41 PM
SAFETY FIRST!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Canada
04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
SAFETY FIRST!

...and if he can't do it, then I will drive!! :D

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Good for you Chiefster!

That is always the first question in troubleshooting!

:sign0098: :toast2: :11:

It was the first thing I learned. :)

It will only run for about 10 minutes and then it shut itself down. It smells a bit like burning plastic too. soemthing is overheating so I am goin to take it in tomorrow and see if it can be fixed. I hope it can cause if I have to get a new one it will put a serious kink in my plans to come to KC in Sept

Do you know whether or not the fan in the back of your PC runs when you turn it on? The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps the power core (where the power cord plugs into the back of the computer) is going bad, causing your machine to over heat.

hermhater??? or Guru???

Canada
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I talked to H about it earlier today. I have tried a new power cord and a bunch of other trouble shooting ideas, but nothing so far. the fans are working. My wife thinks it is the power source that is failing.

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I talked to H about it earlier today. I have tried a new power cord and a bunch of other trouble shooting ideas, but nothing so far. the fans are working. My wife thinks it is the power source that is failing.

That is what it sounds like to me. What kind of PC is it?

hermhater
04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
It was the first thing I learned. :)

Do you know whether or not the fan in the back of your PC runs when you turn it on? The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps the power core (where the power cord plugs into the back of the computer) is going bad, causing your machine to over heat.

hermhater??? or Guru???

I told him that I believe the fan on his processors heat sink is going bad and not cooling the processor.

When a processor burns up it smells like burning plastic (I call it the burning dirty diaper smell :biggrin:).

If the fan is not cooling the processor then the machine will automatically shut down to prevent it from burning up.

I would mention that to whomever you take your computer to.

If they replace that and test the machine at a load and it doesn't shut down that shouldn't cost you more than $100 for parts and labor.

If the processor is shot it might cost a couple hundred dollars.

If they try to charge you more than that then you are getting ripped off or went to Best Buy (which is the same thing!).

On name brand computers they put really weak power supplies that can cause failures throughout the rest of your system.

I would recommend getting at least a 450 Watt power supply to replace the one you have, even if the one you have is still good.

That shouldn't cost you more than $120.

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I told him that I believe the fan on his processors heat sink is going bad and not cooling the processor.

When a processor burns up it smells like burning plastic (I call it the burning dirty diaper smell :biggrin:).

If the fan is not cooling the processor then the machine will automatically shut down to prevent it from burning up.

If they replace that and test the machine at a load and it doesn't shut down that shouldn't cost you more than $100 for parts and labor.

If they try to charge you more than that then you are getting ripped off or went to Best Buy (which is the same thing!).

In which case it would probably be more cost effective to get a new PC. But, if the fan is running then isn't it doing what it's supposed to do under normal circumstances when there isn't the possibility of heat comming from another source?

hermhater
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
In which case it would probably be more cost effective to get a new PC. But, if the fan is running then isn't it doing what it's supposed to do under normal circumstances when there isn't the possibility of heat comming from another source?

The fan can be running but not at the correct RPM's which would not cool the processor enough hence the shutting down after a while as it continues to heat up.

Also the more processes you have running on your computer will heat it up faster and make it shut down sooner.

Does it shut down quicker if you play a movie, or run complex computations dealing with prime numbers?

Also Chiefster is right about it might being cheaper to get a new computer.

If you can get your data backed up off the old one and don't have to pay for someone else to remove the hard drive to get the data off. If they have to do it they generally will only grab the items from "My Documents" (I assume you are running Windows XP as you bought the computer more than 2 years ago) so let them know if you have data stored in other directories.

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
The fan can be running but not at the correct RPM's which would not cool the processor enough hence the shutting down after a while as it continues to heat up.

Also the more processes you have running on your computer will heat it up faster and make it shut down sooner.

Does it shut down quicker if you play a movie, or run complex computations dealing with prime numbers?

Good point.

hermhater
04-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Good point.

Thanks!

Isn't troubleshooting fun?

:yahoo:

anaeelbackwards
04-10-2008, 09:48 PM

On name brand computers they put really weak power supplies that can cause failures throughout the rest of your system.

I would recommend getting at least a 450 Watt power supply to replace the one you have, even if the one you have is still good.

That shouldn't cost you more than $120.

Also Chiefster is right about it might being cheaper to get a new computer.

If you can get your data backed up off the old one and don't have to pay for someone else to remove the hard drive to get the data off. If they have to do it they generally will only grab the items from "My Documents" (I assume you are running Windows XP as you bought the computer more than 2 years ago) so let them know if you have data stored in other directories.

im such a :sign0104: .

all that technology jibberish... my head is swimming with words! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhHHH!

and chiefster im surprised you even understood that!:sign0153:

Canada
04-10-2008, 09:48 PM
[quote=hermhater;80588]

quote]

I did shut down earlier when I tried to sync the triple helix worm thread into the dual core processor, but then when I factored the prime number compumegahyper link into the mainframe it evened out.

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks!

Isn't troubleshooting fun?

Yeah I love it.

Canada, what kind of machine do you have and how long have you had it?

Canada
04-10-2008, 09:51 PM
It is an HP Pavillion that I bought almost 2 years ago

hermhater
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
im such a :sign0104: .

all that technology jibberish... my head is swimming with words! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhHHH!

and chiefster im surprised you even understood that!:sign0153:

Chiefster is a PC master!

[quote=hermhater;80588]

quote]

I did shut down earlier when I tried to sync the triple helix worm thread into the dual core processor, but then when I factored the prime number compumegahyper link into the mainframe it evened out.

Put a movie in and see if it shuts down faster when you get home.:sign0104:

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
It is an HP Pavillion that I bought almost 2 years ago

Ok I have the same computer, so I'm familiar with it. Is it a 533w?

Canada
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Ok I have the same computer, so I'm familiar with it. Is it a 533w?

I don't know about that. I know it is has a dual core processor and 2 gigs of something :D

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't know about that. I know it is has a dual core processor and 2 gigs of something :D

Ok, if ya get a chance call home (if the wife's still up) and get the exact model.

Here is their support site.

http://www.hp.com/#Support

I'm there now, and will see if I can do a little online trouble shoot.

Canada
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Ok, if ya get a chance call home (if the wife's still up) and get the exact model.

Here is their support site.

http://www.hp.com/#Support

I'm there now, and will see if I can do a little online trouble shoot.

I appreciate the help, but she has gone to bed. I am going to take it in to a shop by my house tomorrow. I have bought a few things there and kinda know the guys who run the place so hopefully I don't get ripped off too bad.

Chiefster
04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I appreciate the help, but she has gone to bed. I am going to take it in to a shop by my house tomorrow. I have bought a few things there and kinda know the guys who run the place so hopefully I don't get ripped off too bad.

Ok. You're probably in pretty good hands there.

chief31
04-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Things are looking brighter on my front. I am gaining confidence in my ability to attend the home opener with the crowd. :yahoo:

hermhater
04-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Things are looking brighter on my front. I am gaining confidence in my ability to attend the home opener with the crowd. :yahoo:

That rocks dude!

Get your britches down here to KC!!!

Coach
04-11-2008, 12:05 AM

Nice work. Looks like there will be a good crowd.:D

Chiefster
04-12-2008, 12:10 AM

Yup! I wish I could get Guru there.

hermhater
04-12-2008, 12:56 AM

Yup! I wish I could get Guru there.

Talk him into it!

That HD TV he bought couldn't have cost him too much, he should be able to afford to travel from Topuka!

Chiefster
04-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Talk him into it!

That HD TV he bought couldn't have cost him too much, he should be able to afford to travel from Topuka!

I'll try; he has a new addition to the Guru clan ya know.

hermhater
04-12-2008, 01:13 AM
I'll try; he has a new addition to the Guru clan ya know.

I know, I was just teasin'.

He mentioned that he bought a new HDTV and I thought I wold just bring it up because I'm jealous.

A baby takes precedence even over the Cheifs.

:sign0098: Guru!

chief31
04-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Also, I live rather near to both sling58, and McLovin. Maybe we can get a car-pool set up.:D

Chiefster
04-12-2008, 06:28 AM
Also, I live rather near to both sling58, and McLovin. Maybe we can get a car-pool set up.:D

Cool! Go for it!