PDA

View Full Version : Ten good Ali quotes

royalswin100games
04-09-2008, 11:08 PM
10.) I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

9.) Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.

8.) I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, ****y; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me.

7.) I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.

6.) It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.

5.) It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

4.) A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.

3.) It's not bragging if you can back it up.

2.) My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world.

1.) I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick.

hermhater
04-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Excellent post.

Ali is one of my personal heroes.

:sign0098:

Chiefster
04-12-2008, 12:34 PM
...The man's got two hands and as long as he's standing, he's a threat.

royalswin100games
04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
"Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life."

hermhater
04-13-2008, 12:01 AM
"Cosell, you're a phony, and that thing on your head comes from the tail of a pony."

I know I already put that quote in some other thread, but tammie told me that it belongs in this thread.

My all time favorite quote by Ali.

:yahoo:

tammietailgator
04-13-2008, 12:07 AM
"Cosell, you're a phony, and that thing on your head comes from the tail of a pony."

I know I already put that quote in some other thread, but tammie told me that it belongs in this thread.

My all time favorite quote by Ali.

:yahoo:
I love that quote, I even said it this week to a co worker!!
:lol:
She did not know what I was talking about of course

hermhater
04-13-2008, 12:13 AM
I love that quote, I even said it this week to a co worker!!
She did not know what I was talking about of course

Did you explain what you were talking about?

Does she even know who Ali and Cosell are?

tammietailgator
04-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Did you explain what you were talking about? No, got busy

Does she even know who Ali and Cosell are?I don't think so - maybe if I call him cassius clay - then I would have her totally confused!

hermhater
04-13-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't think so - maybe if I call him cassius clay - then I would have her totally confused!

He was a great fighter and is still a great man.

:11:

tammietailgator
04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
He was a great fighter and is still a great man.

:11:
I totally agree! A lot to be learned from somebody that knew what he wanted and took it if need be. Too bad cossel didn't learn much from him.

Guru
04-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee?

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee?

HH agrees with you.

I was trying to post 10 good Ali quotes that maybe not everyone has heard. :D

hermhater
04-14-2008, 02:19 PM
If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.

rbedgood
04-15-2008, 01:08 PM
If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.

I know you're quoting Ali...but coming from you that one is just downright funny!!

royalswin100games
04-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I know you're quoting Ali...but coming from you that one is just downright funny!!

hermhater
04-15-2008, 03:09 PM

You're a funny guy!

:bananen_smilies046:

:sign0104: