PDA

View Full Version : Hey Red...

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
This is for you for offering me that horrible trade.

April 10, 2008
San Francisco Giants Band Together To Score Run

MILWAUKEE—The San Francisco Giants put aside their differences Sunday night, working together as a team in a common effort to score a run in a baseball game. The scrappy nine-man crew overcame daunting odds to cobble together the run, as each player used his individual strengths and skills to help string together an unlikely series of events—including a walk, advancement on a wild pitch, an infield single, and perhaps most selfless of all, a ground into double play—that ultimately resulted in a Giant crossing home plate. "This just shows you what a team can do when they put their mind to it," said Giants first-baseman Dan Ortmier, who was swarmed by his celebrating teammates at home plate after scoring the run. The Giants lost to the Brewers 12-1.

hermhater
04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Is that the first run they've got all year???

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Is that the first run they've got all year???

:lol: Might as well be.

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Test.

http://say.expressivo.com/jennifer/Hello_Chiefs_Crowd.

Canada
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Test.

I can't open with IE. I don't have firefox at work!! :bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 06:25 PM
I can't open with IE. I don't have firefox at work!! :bananen_smilies046:

It doesn't work with IE?

Canada
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Nope

rbedgood
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
This is for you for offering me that horrible trade.

April 10, 2008
San Francisco Giants Band Together To Score Run

MILWAUKEE—The San Francisco Giants put aside their differences Sunday night, working together as a team in a common effort to score a run in a baseball game. The scrappy nine-man crew overcame daunting odds to cobble together the run, as each player used his individual strengths and skills to help string together an unlikely series of events—including a walk, advancement on a wild pitch, an infield single, and perhaps most selfless of all, a ground into double play—that ultimately resulted in a Giant crossing home plate. "This just shows you what a team can do when they put their mind to it," said Giants first-baseman Dan Ortmier, who was swarmed by his celebrating teammates at home plate after scoring the run. The Giants lost to the Brewers 12-1.

Royals,

I offered you the same trade I had just completed in one of my other leagues. I agree that Victor Martinez is better than the other players, but offered you 3 players for 2, and with Victor being ice cold, the guy in the other league gave up on him. It was meant as a starting point for negotiations, but obviously didn't work.

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Royals,

I offered you the same trade I had just completed in one of my other leagues. I agree that Victor Martinez is better than the other players, but offered you 3 players for 2, and with Victor being ice cold, the guy in the other league gave up on him. It was meant as a starting point for negotiations, but obviously didn't work.

Got it. I didn't counter offer because I didn't know what kind of talent you would give up considering the initial offer. You and I both know Martinez WILL heat up. I also don't give up arguably one of the top ten pitchers in the majors for nothing.

rbedgood
04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Got it. I didn't counter offer because I didn't know what kind of talent you would give up considering the initial offer. You and I both know Martinez WILL heat up. I also don't give up arguably one of the top ten pitchers in the majors for nothing.

Ummm...the only top 10 pitcher you have is Peavy, and I don't think I was asking for him...I believe it was Felix!? Who at best is around 25th, but I have him ranked 34th as a pitcher for our scoring system.

I was really more interested in Martinez...what position(s) do you feel you need to upgrade? Send me an offer on the website so we can take this offline.

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Ummm...the only top 10 pitcher you have is Peavy, and I don't think I was asking for him...I believe it was Felix!? Who at best is around 25th, but I have him ranked 34th as a pitcher for our scoring system.

I was really more interested in Martinez...what position(s) do you feel you need to upgrade? Send me an offer on the website so we can take this offline.

Righto.

Canada
04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Send me an offer on the website so we can take this offline.

whats up tough guy...you wanna take this off line?

hermhater
04-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Test.

http://say.expressivo.com/oJOVwboO

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 06:54 PM
http://say.expressivo.com/oJOVwboO

http://say.expressivo.com/jennifer/I_have_no_idea.__I_didn't_watch_the_video.

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I have to go to friggen Algebra class now... sucks. Later people.

rbedgood
04-14-2008, 06:56 PM
whats up tough guy...you wanna take this off line?

Oh yeah, I can hear the pre-fight announcer now...

Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight our feature fight proudly presented by HH productions in conjunction with the MGM Grand and the Nevada State Boxing Commission.

In the Gold corner, standing at 6'2", weighing in at a robust 286 pounds, from the Sonoran Desert in Arizona, Rich "Don't call me (bleep)" Bedgood

In the Red corner, standing in at 6'4", weighing in at 262 pounds, from the frozen tundray of the north, Canada...

Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbllll lllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Canada
04-14-2008, 06:56 PM
See ya school boy

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 10:08 PM
See ya school boy

I'm back GWN!

YouTube - Bob and Doug - Topic - Great White North

Chiefster
04-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh yeah, I can hear the pre-fight announcer now...

Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight our feature fight proudly presented by HH productions in conjunction with the MGM Grand and the Nevada State Boxing Commission.

In the Gold corner, standing at 6'2", weighing in at a robust 286 pounds, from the Sonoran Desert in Arizona, Rich "Don't call me (bleep)" Bedgood

In the Red corner, standing in at 6'4", weighing in at 262 pounds, from the frozen tundray of the north, Canada...

Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbllll lllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

No, no, no,no!!!

It's: "With the thousands in attendance, and millions watching around the world - ladies and gentleman... Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbllll lllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

hermhater
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
See ya school boy

What does that mean?

I'm back GWN!

YouTube - Bob and Doug - Topic - Great White North (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh4k3L0WrEE)

Love those guys!

:lol:

"How's the fishin' maritimes, eh?"

No, no, no,no!!!

It's: "With the thousands in attendance, and millions watching around the world - ladies and gentleman... Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbllll lllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

What are these guys gonna fight about again?

:sign0153:

royalswin100games
04-14-2008, 10:39 PM
See ya school boy

What Is Intelligence, Anyway?
Isaac Asimov

What is intelligence, anyway? When I was in the army, I received the kind of aptitude test that all soldiers took and, against a normal of 100, scored 160. No one at the base had ever seen a figure like that, and for two hours they made a big fuss over me. (It didn't mean anything. The next day I was still a buck private with KP - kitchen police - as my highest duty.)

All my life I've been registering scores like that, so that I have the complacent feeling that I'm highly intelligent, and I expect other people to think so too. Actually, though, don't such scores simply mean that I am very good at answering the type of academic questions that are considered worthy of answers by people who make up the intelligence tests - people with intellectual bents similar to mine?

For instance, I had an auto-repair man once, who, on these intelligence tests, could not possibly have scored more than 80, by my estimate. I always took it for granted that I was far more intelligent than he was. Yet, when anything went wrong with my car I hastened to him with it, watched him anxiously as he explored its vitals, and listened to his pronouncements as though they were divine oracles - and he always fixed my car.

Well, then, suppose my auto-repair man devised questions for an intelligence test. Or suppose a carpenter did, or a farmer, or, indeed, almost anyone but an academician. By every one of those tests, I'd prove myself a moron, and I'd be a moron, too. In a world where I could not use my academic training and my verbal talents but had to do something intricate or hard, working with my hands, I would do poorly. My intelligence, then, is not absolute but is a function of the society I live in and of the fact that a small subsection of that society has managed to foist itself on the rest as an arbiter of such matters.

Consider my auto-repair man, again. He had a habit of telling me jokes whenever he saw me. One time he raised his head from under the automobile hood to say: "Doc, a deaf-and-mute guy went into a hardware store to ask for some nails. He put two fingers together on the counter and made hammering motions with the other hand. The clerk brought him a hammer. He shook his head and pointed to the two fingers he was hammering. The clerk brought him nails. He picked out the sizes he wanted, and left. Well, doc, the next guy who came in was a blind man. He wanted scissors. How do you suppose he asked for them?"

Indulgently, I lifted by right hand and made scissoring motions with my first two fingers. Whereupon my auto-repair man laughed raucously and said, "Why, you dumb jerk, He used his voice and asked for them." Then he said smugly, "I've been trying that on all my customers today." "Did you catch many?" I asked. "Quite a few," he said, "but I knew for sure I'd catch you." "Why is that?" I asked. "Because you're so g*******d educated, doc, I knew you couldn't be very smart."

And I have an uneasy feeling he had something there.

hermhater
04-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Isaac Asimov

What is intelligence, anyway? When I was in the army, I received the kind of aptitude test that all soldiers took and, against a normal of 100, scored 160. No one at the base had ever seen a figure like that, and for two hours they made a big fuss over me. (It didn't mean anything. The next day I was still a buck private with KP - kitchen police - as my highest duty.)

All my life I've been registering scores like that, so that I have the complacent feeling that I'm highly intelligent, and I expect other people to think so too. Actually, though, don't such scores simply mean that I am very good at answering the type of academic questions that are considered worthy of answers by people who make up the intelligence tests - people with intellectual bents similar to mine?

For instance, I had an auto-repair man once, who, on these intelligence tests, could not possibly have scored more than 80, by my estimate. I always took it for granted that I was far more intelligent than he was. Yet, when anything went wrong with my car I hastened to him with it, watched him anxiously as he explored its vitals, and listened to his pronouncements as though they were divine oracles - and he always fixed my car.

Well, then, suppose my auto-repair man devised questions for an intelligence test. Or suppose a carpenter did, or a farmer, or, indeed, almost anyone but an academician. By every one of those tests, I'd prove myself a moron, and I'd be a moron, too. In a world where I could not use my academic training and my verbal talents but had to do something intricate or hard, working with my hands, I would do poorly. My intelligence, then, is not absolute but is a function of the society I live in and of the fact that a small subsection of that society has managed to foist itself on the rest as an arbiter of such matters.

Consider my auto-repair man, again. He had a habit of telling me jokes whenever he saw me. One time he raised his head from under the automobile hood to say: "Doc, a deaf-and-mute guy went into a hardware store to ask for some nails. He put two fingers together on the counter and made hammering motions with the other hand. The clerk brought him a hammer. He shook his head and pointed to the two fingers he was hammering. The clerk brought him nails. He picked out the sizes he wanted, and left. Well, doc, the next guy who came in was a blind man. He wanted scissors. How do you suppose he asked for them?"

Indulgently, I lifted by right hand and made scissoring motions with my first two fingers. Whereupon my auto-repair man laughed raucously and said, "Why, you dumb jerk, He used his voice and asked for them." Then he said smugly, "I've been trying that on all my customers today." "Did you catch many?" I asked. "Quite a few," he said, "but I knew for sure I'd catch you." "Why is that?" I asked. "Because you're so g*******d educated, doc, I knew you couldn't be very smart."

That's what I'm talkin' about!

:lol:

Canada
04-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Hey now!! I went to college 4 times and didn't graduate 3 times!! Does that make me smart?

royalswin100games
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Hey now!! I went to college 4 times and didn't graduate 3 times!! Does that make me smart?

Everybody's smart!

rbedgood
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Isaac Asimov

Ahhhh...the old book smart vs. street smart. Good one!!

rbedgood
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
What are these guys gonna fight about again?

:sign0153:

...leave it to Napolean. Dude guys taller than leprechauns can talk a little crap without getting into a scrap. Seriously, take the chip off your shoulder and grow an inch...maybe it will change your perspective on life a little!

hermhater
04-15-2008, 01:39 PM
...leave it to Napolean. Dude guys taller than leprechauns can talk a little crap without getting into a scrap. Seriously, take the chip off your shoulder and grow an inch...maybe it will change your perspective on life a little!

:bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
04-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Ahhhh...the old book smart vs. street smart. Good one!!

:bananen_smilies046: