PDA

View Full Version : It was good having you on the team Jared.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Way to go Carl.

Herm has completely killed this team now.

:mob:

Chiefs' Allen talking with Vikings, Bucs

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Allen said he is flying to Minnesota and has a visit set up with the Vikings by this weekend. He is tentatively scheduled to meet with Tampa Bay next week. The Jacksonville Jaguars had previously inquired with Allen's camp as well.

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.

Allen, a four-year veteran, led the league in sacks in 2007 with 15.5 and has 13 forced fumbles in the past three seasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 01:38 PM
i swear if carl doesn't do something fast,

im gonna go and assasinate that man.:11:

hermhater
04-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I will look the other way...

:character0049:

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I will look the other way...

:character0049:

:brutale_smilies010: :1408: :fire:

move along...................

nothing to see here.

royalswin100games
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
CP needs to be fired, PERIOD. He wants to trade away arguably the best DE in the league and backbone of this defense for unproven college players. It doesn't matter what round they're projected to come out in or what the scouts say about them - THEY ARE UNPROVEN. Once again, if our goal is to "rebuild", why are we trading a 25 year old all pro DE? This is unbelievable.

mxpxHERO
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
:lol:

someone needs to if jared does indeed sign with someone else.

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 02:08 PM
CP needs to be fired, PERIOD. He wants to trade away arguably the best DE in the league and backbone of this defense for unproven college players. It doesn't matter what round they're projected to come out in or what the scouts say about them - THEY ARE UNPROVEN. Once again, if our goal is to "rebuild", why are we trading a 25 year old all pro DE? This is unbelievable.

i agree with you man whole heartedly. this is some bullshhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. this is making me disgusted.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 02:10 PM

It's not unbelievable, but it is a tragedy.

Nothing Carl or Herm do surprises me anymore.

someone needs to if jared does indeed sign with someone else.

If it's gotten this far, then I have to assume the worst.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
i agree with you man whole heartedly. this is some bullshhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. this is making me disgusted.

I am seeing red I am so angry.

Guess I start drinking early today...

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 02:13 PM
It's not unbelievable, but it is a tragedy.

Nothing Carl or Herm do surprises me anymore.

If it's gotten this far, then I have to assume the worst.

you can only assume the worst. i mean why the hell would jared want to leave? he loves this place, obviously carl has pissed him off and refuses to pay him the money he well deserves.

you gotta hand it to queen carl always finding some way to put our team back in the burner.

mxpxHERO
04-17-2008, 02:15 PM

bro open one up for me too!:toast2: :toast2:

hermhater
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
bro open one up for me too!:toast2: :toast2:

:bananen_smilies046:

Here ya go!

Here's one for Jared too!

Please don't take the mullet from us!

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 02:22 PM
YouTube - Jared Allen's Mullet

mxpxHERO
04-17-2008, 02:23 PM
buisness in the front

party in the back

hermhater
04-17-2008, 02:24 PM
YouTube - Jared Allen's Mullet (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fp3Ofo8SeXM)

buisness in the front

party in the back

I love that video.

"This here says success!"

royalswin100games
04-17-2008, 02:28 PM
DO SOMETHING CLARK!!! FIRE CARL NOW!!!

mxpxHERO
04-17-2008, 02:28 PM
too bad that t success didn't go out onthe field.:sign0104:

hermhater
04-17-2008, 02:31 PM
DO SOMETHING CLARK!!! FIRE CARL NOW!!!

What he said!

royalswin100games
04-17-2008, 02:32 PM
What he said!

I wish I could have a shot at Carl right now. I would bloody him up real good.

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
im still coming to depths with jared going to a TEAM IN CONTENTION....

the vikes and the bucs? they are just as in the same boat as we are.....

CARLS GONNA MAKE ME BRING OUT THE GUNS>..

mxpxHERO
04-17-2008, 02:35 PM
hey royals youd be in line bro

i thinkk alot of ppl are in line to get a good lick at that:sign0104: carl

hermhater
04-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I am still sick from this news.

Geez...

hermhater
04-17-2008, 02:59 PM
And now I see a commercial for Jared Allen's Bar and Grill.

They are having a draft party.

Too bad he won't be here to watch it.

I am sick.

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 03:01 PM
And now I see a commercial for Jared Allen's Bar and Grill.

They are having a draft party.

Too bad he won't be here to watch it.

I am sick.

i'm sick to my stomach as well

but im hungry.

does that make any sense?

wanna take me there for my birthday HH? its this saturday!:welcome:

hermhater
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
i'm sick to my stomach as well

but im hungry.

does that make any sense?

wanna take me there for my birthday HH? its this saturday!:welcome:

Sure, I'll bring Steph you bring HERO and we'll drink some beers!

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Sure, I'll bring Steph you bring HERO and we'll drink some beers!

i dont think HERO would want to do that.......

he might just try and hit on ur squeeze....

hermhater
04-17-2008, 03:06 PM
i dont think HERO would want to do that.......

he might just try and hit on ur squeeze....

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/107.jpg

:lol: :beer::beer:

texaschief
04-17-2008, 04:23 PM
It seems like the Chiefs had Allen in a holding pattern until they brought the top 5 players in for a visit. It looks like the Chiefs will be keeping their #5 pick to take one of those guys while also grabbing an Offensive Linemen at 17 or 20.

Perhaps the Chiefs think C. Long will be there at #5. That would mean J. Long to Miami, Dorsey/Gholston to the Rams, Ryan to Atlanta and McFadden to Oakland....quite possible.

I'm kind of on the fence about whether i'd like an additional 2nd round pick this year or another 1st rounder next year.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 04:37 PM
It seems like the Chiefs had Allen in a holding pattern until they brought the top 5 players in for a visit. It looks like the Chiefs will be keeping their #5 pick to take one of those guys while also grabbing an Offensive Linemen at 17 or 20.

Perhaps the Chiefs think C. Long will be there at #5. That would mean J. Long to Miami, Dorsey/Gholston to the Rams, Ryan to Atlanta and McFadden to Oakland....quite possible.

I'm kind of on the fence about whether i'd like an additional 2nd round pick this year or another 1st rounder next year.

Whatever team he goes to, he's gonna improve their record by a couple of games so the draft pick for next year will probably be later in the round.

tornadospotter
04-17-2008, 05:31 PM
:mob: :mob: IT IS TIME FOR A CP :hang: :fighting0041: :character00266: GROW SOME CLARK AND FIRE CP!!!!!!!!

hermhater
04-17-2008, 05:36 PM
:mob: :mob: IT IS TIME FOR A CP :hang: :fighting0041: :character00266: GROW SOME CLARK AND FIRE CP!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is an outrage!

jakesmith
04-17-2008, 05:55 PM
This makes me embarassed to be a Chiefs fan. The company line has been "we are building through a young team for long term success". You get arguably one of the best DE in the game, he is only 25 years old (25 YEARS OLD, last I checked that is young) and you treat him like **** and now he dont want to play for you any more. What the hell!!! Some other team is gonna get a steal!!! Probably gonne be the Patriots and they will go undefeated again!!!:mob:

jakesmith
04-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Here is Queen Carl's statement.

Chiefs Statement on the Status of DE Jared Allen

Apr 17, 2008, 1:50:01 PM

“We will confirm that we have been in conversation with a few teams regarding the possibility of acquiring Jared Allen’s contractual rights. Any potential agreement would be contingent on the Chiefs receiving appropriate compensation and Jared’s representative reaching a contract agreement.
“Jared is not an exclusive franchise player. Therefore, based on the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, he has the right to visit and negotiate with other teams. However, for any trade to be completed, the Chiefs would need to reach an agreement on compensation. At this point, all of these discussions are preliminary.”
- Carl Peterson, President

What a jackass!!!

hermhater
04-17-2008, 06:15 PM
This makes me embarassed to be a Chiefs fan. The company line has been "we are building through a young team for long term success". You get arguably one of the best DE in the game, he is only 25 years old (25 YEARS OLD, last I checked that is young) and you treat him like **** and now he dont want to play for you any more. What the hell!!! Some other team is gonna get a steal!!! Probably gonne be the Patriots and they will go undefeated again!!!:mob:

Herm is what embarrasses me as a Chiefs fan, this just pissed me off!

harvey74
04-17-2008, 09:22 PM
All in all I guess Carl is just trying to leave the team exactly as he found it when we hired him. F Carl. Thanks for running my team into the ground. Although he did save me 250 bucks since I won't be getting the NFL ticket this year.
Good luck CLark, That is going to be a beautiful stadium and it will be easy to clean because there won't be anyone to put in it.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 09:30 PM

I thought we were guaranteed 2 first round picks because we franchised the guy?

Do you mean you would let us take a second rounder if we could get it this year?

Hayvern
04-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Way to go Carl.

Herm has completely killed this team now.

I am sick to my stomach. This is the worse news I have heard in a long time. I just cannot believe that these morons think this is a good idea.

The truth of the matter is though, I think Allen has pushed this through as well. He said he will not sign a long term contract with the Chiefs if they tag him and I think this is at least in part Allen's way of following through with the deal.

Honestly, I think I was pretty clear in another post when I said this was going to happen and that Allen would be sent on his Merry way. I think he has also made it clear to management he does not want to play for Herm.

Chiefster
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is an outrage!

I've been saying that for years.

texaschief
04-17-2008, 11:43 PM
I thought we were guaranteed 2 first round picks because we franchised the guy?

Do you mean you would let us take a second rounder if we could get it this year?

The Chiefs can trade Allen's rights to any team as long as both teams agree to compensation.

If Allen signs a tender with another team and the Chiefs refuse to match the offer, then the Chiefs recieve two first round picks.

Another thing to consider that hasn't been brought up is that this may be posturing by the Chiefs with Allen. In order for ANY team to make a trade for Allen would hinge on whether or not that team could sign Allen to a new contract. This may be Carl letting Allen talk to other teams and see what kind of contract they would offer him.

Perhaps Carl is actually showing Allen and his agent that the contract the Chiefs have offered Allen is what the market will bare. What if during Allen's negotiations with other teams, he realizes the best contract offer is actually the one he recieved from KC?

The problem with all this "behind the scenes" talk is that as a fan, we don't actually know what's going on. As has been said numerous times already; I find it hard to believe that this move would have the endorsement of the head coach who is trying to build around young defensive players....not trade them away.

I've said numerous times that I thought trading Allen would be advantageous for the Chiefs if they can grab at least 3 high draft picks. If Chris Long falls to the Chiefs, I think Allen is replaced for the long term.

This trade could be the only way the Chiefs rebuild their line if they can grab #17, #47 and #82, the Chiefs will be in a good position with at least 13 draft picks and 6 of those picks coming in the top 3 rounds.

If they can get the Viking's top 3 picks for Allen, we'll have a DE, 2 new CBs and possibly a new OLine all coming from the first 3 rounds. That could be HUGE.

texaschief
04-17-2008, 11:55 PM
PFT:

As teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers explore the possibility of working out a long-term deal with the Kansas City Chiefs for franchise-tagged defensive end Jared Allen, the looming concern is Allen’s two prior DUI arrests, which culminated in a four-game suspension in 2007 that Commissioner Roger Goodell eventually cut in half.

And due to the elimination from the 2006 revisions to the Collective Bargaining Agreement of sweeping signing bonus forfeiture provisions, any team that gives Allen a huge chunk of guaranteed money will be able to recover only a limited amount of the cash if Allen, for example, celebrates his new contract by bending an elbow moments before driving a car.

So with Allen wanting $30 million in guaranteed money, there’s simply no way for any team to get adequate protection. The easiest (and perhaps only) way for a team to ensure that it doesn’t get burned is to dump a bunch of the money into annual roster bonuses and/or salaries that are guaranteed for injury only. Then, if Allen acts up in any given year, he can be cut and the future financial obligations can be avoided.

Whether Allen has really put his past in his behind (or something), no one really knows. Bucs running back Michael Bennett has vouched for his former Chiefs teammate, according to our friends at Pewter Report: “Jared has really matured and he’s over that,” Bennett said. “I’ve been around the guy and know how serious he takes his job. A lot of people make mistakes and we learn from them.”

But then there’s the little issue of Allen’s restaurant/bar. It’s called Club 69. And if the double-entendre based on Allen’s jersey number wasn’t enough, the club’s far less subtle motto is “Wine ‘Em, Dine ‘Em, 69 ‘Em.”

Yeah, Jared has matured.

Look, he’s a dominant player. He’s arguably one of the best defensive ends in the game. But if this guy thinks that anyone is going to make a huge financial investment without finding a way to protect itself against him having another run-in with alcohol, then perhaps he already has had one.

And this is the problem the Chiefs are having in signing Allen...how bout that.....other teams have the same issues with Allen's past....huh.

Three7s
04-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I am sick to my stomach. This is the worse news I have heard in a long time. I just cannot believe that these morons think this is a good idea.

The truth of the matter is though, I think Allen has pushed this through as well. He said he will not sign a long term contract with the Chiefs if they tag him and I think this is at least in part Allen's way of following through with the deal.

Honestly, I think I was pretty clear in another post when I said this was going to happen and that Allen would be sent on his Merry way. I think he has also made it clear to management he does not want to play for Herm.
I'd say its more like he doesn't want to play for a franchise ran by Carl.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 12:15 AM
PFT:

As teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers explore the possibility of working out a long-term deal with the Kansas City Chiefs for franchise-tagged defensive end Jared Allen, the looming concern is Allen’s two prior DUI arrests, which culminated in a four-game suspension in 2007 that Commissioner Roger Goodell eventually cut in half.

And due to the elimination from the 2006 revisions to the Collective Bargaining Agreement of sweeping signing bonus forfeiture provisions, any team that gives Allen a huge chunk of guaranteed money will be able to recover only a limited amount of the cash if Allen, for example, celebrates his new contract by bending an elbow moments before driving a car.

So with Allen wanting $30 million in guaranteed money, there’s simply no way for any team to get adequate protection. The easiest (and perhaps only) way for a team to ensure that it doesn’t get burned is to dump a bunch of the money into annual roster bonuses and/or salaries that are guaranteed for injury only. Then, if Allen acts up in any given year, he can be cut and the future financial obligations can be avoided.

Whether Allen has really put his past in his behind (or something), no one really knows. Bucs running back Michael Bennett has vouched for his former Chiefs teammate, according to our friends at Pewter Report: “Jared has really matured and he’s over that,” Bennett said. “I’ve been around the guy and know how serious he takes his job. A lot of people make mistakes and we learn from them.”

But then there’s the little issue of Allen’s restaurant/bar. It’s called Club 69. And if the double-entendre based on Allen’s jersey number wasn’t enough, the club’s far less subtle motto is “Wine ‘Em, Dine ‘Em, 69 ‘Em.”

Yeah, Jared has matured.

Look, he’s a dominant player. He’s arguably one of the best defensive ends in the game. But if this guy thinks that anyone is going to make a huge financial investment without finding a way to protect itself against him having another run-in with alcohol, then perhaps he already has had one.

And this is the problem the Chiefs are having in signing Allen...how bout that.....other teams have the same issues with Allen's past....huh.

You think teams won't sign Jared because of the Jared Allen Bar and Grill?

I don't know anything about it being called "Club 69", the commercials here locally call it "Jared Allens Bar and Grill".

Is this inside info about the name of his bar?

texaschief
04-18-2008, 12:17 AM
You think teams won't sign Jared because of the Jared Allen Bar and Grill?

I don't know anything about it being called "Club 69", the commercials here locally call it "Jared Allens Bar and Grill".

Is this inside info about the name of his bar?

no. has nothing to do with the bar. has everything to do with the franchise not being able to protect itself from the 30 million guaranteed that Allen is seeking.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 12:54 AM
no. has nothing to do with the bar. has everything to do with the franchise not being able to protect itself from the 30 million guaranteed that Allen is seeking.

For a player of his talent, at his position, I don't think that is unwarranted.

As you yourself pointed out after the Giants took the trophy, that game was won with defense.

Jared is the same, if not better, player who won that game for them.

I'm glad we signed LJ last year and I hope we can get Jared on board, but I doubt it will happen.

wolfpack
04-18-2008, 01:23 AM
LJ`S signing last year was a joke. if allen wants to leave let him. get what we can for him. we went 4-12 with him and will probably be worst without him. until hermmie and the queen are gone the chiefs will never win or get to a super bowl. one of the problems is clark hunt.

Guru
04-18-2008, 01:29 AM
I thought it was stupid of the team to not trade LJ while they had the chance.

I like JA more but also think they need to get top $ for him now. Minimum 1st and 2nd this year.

wolfpack
04-18-2008, 01:31 AM
bad thing is my old lady last year bought a allen jersey.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 02:35 AM
I thought it was stupid of the team to not trade LJ while they had the chance.

I like JA more but also think they need to get top $ for him now. Minimum 1st and 2nd this year.

I'm still pretty sure we get 2 first round draft picks for a franchised player.

:11:

Guru
04-18-2008, 02:48 AM

Well, according to ESPN, the Chiefs are considering a 1st and 3rd from the Vikes.

The two first round picks is NOT a requirement just a starting point.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Well, according to ESPN, the Chiefs are considering a 1st and 3rd from the Vikes.

I see.

I thought is was part of the trade.

Guru
04-18-2008, 03:10 AM
I see.

So you thought the chiefs were getting three 1's and a 3rd?

chief31
04-18-2008, 03:32 AM
PFT:

Yeah, Jared has matured.

Imagine that... Other teams are using his history as an excuse to get a cheaper deal from the Chiefs, and from Allen? Who would have ever thought something like that was possible?

Teams are protected from is guaranteed money. Ever heard of Michael Vick? He had to pay back a large portion of the guaranteed money in his contract, because he got in trouble, and couldn't play.

Ther was this other guy named Ricky Williams, who had a similar situation.

Also, some contracts include "clauses" specifically designed to protect the team from paying a huge "guaranteed" amount, with a palyer getting suspended.

Whining about that, is just a way of trying to lower the pricetag of what you are trying to get.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Imagine that... Other teams are using his history as an excuse to get a cheaper deal from the Chiefs, and from Allen? Who would have ever thought something like that was possible?

Teams are protected from is guaranteed money. Ever heard of Michael Vick? He had to pay back a large portion of the guaranteed money in his contract, because he got in trouble, and couldn't play.

Ther was this other guy named Ricky Williams, who had a similar situation.

Also, some contracts include "clauses" specifically designed to protect the team from paying a huge "guaranteed" amount, with a palyer getting suspended.

Whining about that, is just a way of trying to lower the pricetag of what you are trying to get.

Those teams got SOME of that money back, but the bulk of the guaranteed money is still in the hands of the player.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 01:36 PM

I see.

So you thought the chiefs were getting three 1's and a 3rd?

This is from wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt, but if it's right then we get 2 1st round draft picks for Jared because we hit him with the non-exclusive franchise tag.

There are two types of franchise tag designations: the exclusive rights franchise tag, and non-exclusive rights franchise tag:
An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount equal to or greater than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams.
A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount equal to or greater than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.It is the team's choice whether it uses an exclusive or a non-exclusive franchise tag. While it may seem that a team would always choose the exclusive option, there are two reasons a team might prefer the non-exclusive option instead. The first is that the salary is based on the top 5 salaries of the previous year instead of the current year, which could be a significant difference. The second reason is that a team may want the opportunity for the two first-round draft picks they would receive if they lost their player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
This is from wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt, but if it's right then we get 2 1st round draft picks for Jared because we hit him with the non-exclusive franchise tag.

That is if he signs with the Vikings...if he is traded then the situation is different. If he signs with the Vikings the Chiefs can simply match the contract and keep him...so essentially by putting the "tag" on Allen, Carl allowed Allen to go out in the market and set his market price, and then Carl and Herm can decide whether that price is worth more or less than two 1st round picks.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 02:08 PM
That is if he signs with the Vikings...if he is traded then the situation is different. If he signs with the Vikings the Chiefs can simply match the contract and keep him...so essentially by putting the "tag" on Allen, Carl allowed Allen to go out in the market and set his market price, and then Carl and Herm can decide whether that price is worth more or less than two 1st round picks.

I'm pretty sure i said this earlier in the thread.

There IS a difference between outright signing with a team and being traded to a team. Allen should be getting a long term contract ironed out with the Vikings. Once that is done, the Vikings and Chiefs will talk about trading his "RIGHTS." Basically, they'll be trading Allen's franchise tag, then Allen will sign the new deal from the Vikings.

The Chiefs probably don't want only a first rounder this year and one next year. They probably want to find a way to get all of Allen's value in this upcoming draft and not split it up between two drafts.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 02:15 PM
So are we guaranteed two 1st round picks from them or not?

bigpoppachief
04-18-2008, 02:15 PM
If we get anything less than a 1st and second this year and a 1st next year it's not worth it. I mean JA is only 26 and PROVEN DE the vikes could be a serious contender with JA

texaschief
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
So are we guaranteed two 1st round picks from them or not?

Only if he signs with the team outright.

If he's traded, the Chiefs forfeit those two first rounders and a new deal between the Vikings and Chiefs will be reached via trade but will probably have the same value.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 02:22 PM
If we get anything less than a 1st and second this year and a 1st next year it's not worth it. I mean JA is only 26 and PROVEN DE the vikes could be a serious contender with JA

Agreed!

Only if he signs with the team outright.

If he's traded, the Chiefs forfeit those two first rounders and a new deal between the Vikings and Chiefs will be reached via trade but will probably have the same value.

Why would we offer a trade rather than just making the Vikes pay him an outrageous amount of money and taking their 2 first round picks?

Do you think the team could get even more picks?

texaschief
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Why would we offer a trade rather than just making the Vikes pay him an outrageous amount of money and taking their 2 first round picks?

Do you think the team could get even more picks?

Like i said, i think the Chiefs are trying to get the same value in this year's draft as they would receive from a first rounder in next year's draft. So basically, they're trying to squeeze the Vikings for two first rounders THIS YEAR. (I imagine)

In order to do that, the Vikings would have to send either a player or the rest of their draft from this season and probably a couple next season to make up for the draft chart point differences.

I haven't looked at the Viking's roster lately. Are there any young players from that team that we would want to step in and fill a hole or two?

tornadospotter
04-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Like i said, i think the Chiefs are trying to get the same value in this year's draft as they would receive from a first rounder in next year's draft. So basically, they're trying to squeeze the Vikings for two first rounders THIS YEAR. (I imagine)

In order to do that, the Vikings would have to send either a player or the rest of their draft from this season and probably a couple next season to make up for the draft chart point differences.

I haven't looked at the Viking's roster lately. Are there any young players from that team that we would want to step in and fill a hole or two?
I can think of a running back! :D

texaschief
04-18-2008, 02:36 PM
I can think of a running back! :D

really? another running back would fill a hole?

hermhater
04-18-2008, 02:42 PM

A little off subject here, but I just saw that Jared Allen's Sports ARENA and Grill.

I can't remember what I called it yesterday but I think I said it was Jared Allen's Sports BAR and Grill.

I think he is doing a GREAT job at turning his life around and disassociating himself from the partying lifestyle.

We will get great picks for this.

I will miss you Jared.

jakesmith
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Problem is Allen has said he doesnt want to play for the Herm and Cp anymore. Chiefs have to offload him now or risk loosing his value next year. I hate to see him go but CP has already messed this situation up as it is. Only way to salvage it is to get a lot of draft picks.

One good thing is it looks like Allen will be going to a different division and conference.

jakesmith
04-18-2008, 03:03 PM
A little off subject here, but I just saw that Jared Allen's Sports ARENA and Grill.

I can't remember what I called it yesterday but I think I said it was Jared Allen's Sports BAR and Grill.

I think he is doing a GREAT job at turning his life around and disassociating himself from the partying lifestyle.

We will get great picks for this.

I will miss you Jared.

Yeah but your right about the motto.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Problem is Allen has said he doesnt want to play for the Herm and Cp anymore. Chiefs have to offload him now or risk loosing his value next year. I hate to see him go but CP has already messed this situation up as it is. Only way to salvage it is to get a lot of draft picks.

One good thing is it looks like Allen will be going to a different division and conference.

Actually, he has no problem with Herm. Herm was the reason he played last season at all.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah but your right about the motto.

:sign0153:

jakesmith
04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
:sign0153:

"Wine'em, Dine'em, 69'em"

Which I agree shows that he hasnt actually changed his ways so much. :drunkhb:

jakesmith
04-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Actually, he has no problem with Herm. Herm was the reason he played last season at all.

True, I guess I should have said just CP. But, dont you think there is a little resentment from JA. Herm is suppose to have a lot of pull with CP and if Herm would say, "We need him, dont let him go." Wouldn't CP have a little more heart in getting JA signed?

hermhater
04-18-2008, 03:15 PM
"Wine'em, Dine'em, 69'em"

Which I agree shows that he hasnt actually changed his ways so much. :drunkhb:

I like it!

:yahoo:

It's not that big of a deal, it's his attitude and his actions that I am talking about.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 03:20 PM
True, I guess I should have said just CP. But, dont you think there is a little resentment from JA. Herm is suppose to have a lot of pull with CP and if Herm would say, "We need him, dont let him go." Wouldn't CP have a little more heart in getting JA signed?

Sure. But to a certain extent. I'm glad CPs poor contract signings only end with RBs. While HH seems to believe whole heartedly that JA is no longer the guy he used to be, it's hard to give a guy the kind of money JA is asking for knowing he's messed up twice doing the same thing while knowing if he got caught again, he's out for at least a year.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player and that we shouldn't re-sign him. I'm just saying there needs to be a limit to what we're willing to give him. It appears that in Arrowhead, there is a limit and Allen won't budge. That's his prerogative. But the franchise needs to be smart with their money and not become the Oakland Raiders who will find themselves in salary cap hell with a bunch of bad contracts.

We already have LJ's on the books. We don't need more bad contracts.

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
really? another running back would fill a hole?

I think he was referring to Adrian Peterson...and yes, he'd fill a hole on about 30 NFL teams.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I think he was referring to Adrian Peterson...and yes, he'd fill a hole on about 30 NFL teams.

I know who he was referring to, but what hole would he fill on the Chiefs?

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I know who he was referring to, but what hole would he fill on the Chiefs?

Fill a hole...not really...

Improve a position...most definitely!!!

I choose to focus on reality rather than focus on symantics in a statement that was clearly being made facetiously.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 02:54 AM

I choose to focus on reality rather than focus on symantics in a statement that was clearly being made facetiously.

What a novel idea! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-19-2008, 03:58 AM

What a novel idea! :bananen_smilies046:

Sounds like tea time!

wolfpack
04-19-2008, 08:42 AM
i think getting rid of JA has always been in queen carls 30 year plan.

McLovin
04-19-2008, 10:50 AM
I will state for the record, I am a diehard Chiefs fan but have had it with Queen Carl and Hermie the Chiefs Hater, Officially if they let Jared Allen go for anything less the 2 First Round Picks and a second, I will officially quit watching the Chiefs and become a Bears fan until the Carl and Herm are gone. Have a nice day.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Sounds like tea time!

BRILLIANT!

I will state for the record, I am a diehard Chiefs fan but have had it with Queen Carl and Hermie the Chiefs Hater, Officially if they let Jared Allen go for anything less the 2 First Round Picks and a second, I will officially quit watching the Chiefs and become a Bears fan until the Carl and Herm are gone. Have a nice day.

...Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.

hermhater
04-19-2008, 12:57 PM
BRILLIANT!

texaschief
04-19-2008, 04:23 PM

Who needs fans like you? Don't let the door hit you in the ***!!

YZILLA
04-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Spoken like a true chiefs fan ( 17 years huh ) . Dude if you walk on the chiefs because of this situation with JA , then who needs ya. This is a business after all and We have to live with it . We don't have to like it , but to go to the Bears Who do the same thing to their players , well thats just laughable. enjoy your Bears ! By the way better go outside and look at your car someone trashed it . threw crap everywhere !

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 05:25 PM

Spoken like a true chiefs fan ( 17 years huh ) . Dude if you walk on the chiefs because of this situation with JA , then who needs ya. This is a business after all and We have to live with it . We don't have to like it , but to go to the Bears Who do the same thing to their players , well thats just laughable. enjoy your Bears ! By the way better go outside and look at your car someone trashed it . threw crap everywhere !

I must respectfully agree with these two opinions; don't bail on the Chiefs.

royalswin100games
04-19-2008, 06:40 PM

I must respectfully agree with these two opinions; don't bail on the Chiefs.

Doesn't matter what happens. We could lose all of our games next season - still be a fan of the red and gold.

hermhater
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Just got back, heard any Jared news?

texaschief
04-19-2008, 08:14 PM
nope

hermhater
04-19-2008, 08:16 PM
I wonder how they're treating him up there.

Hopefully like crap.

AkChief49
04-19-2008, 08:29 PM
everyone just needs to wrap their minds around this trade. It could go down as the best thing to happen to this team on the road to rebuilding..I would love to keep J.A., but if he does not want to be here, so long, adois, aufiedersehen! No less than two firsts or this years first and second rounders! trade down the #five and get a seond or third added....could be huge!! If he does not want to play for almost 9mil. this year, cannot feel too sorry for him. Especially since all his troubles were self inflicted. Again, would love to keep him, but maybe time to get what we can and cut ties....

hermhater
04-19-2008, 08:48 PM
everyone just needs to wrap their minds around this trade. It could go down as the best thing to happen to this team on the road to rebuilding..I would love to keep J.A., but if he does not want to be here, so long, adois, aufiedersehen! No less than two firsts or this years first and second rounders! trade down the #five and get a seond or third added....could be huge!! If he does not want to play for almost 9mil. this year, cannot feel too sorry for him. Especially since all his troubles were self inflicted. Again, would love to keep him, but maybe time to get what we can and cut ties....

I don't want to lose the guy, but it pretty much sounds like he's made up his mind.

Best of luck to him, until we have to play against him!

:11: :bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
04-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Preach it brother!!

hermhater
04-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Preach it brother!!

chief31
04-20-2008, 03:13 AM

Damn straight!!! The Chiefs only need a few fans anyway! The team has been trying like hell to eliminate as many fans as possible. Glad to see that it finally wearing on them, and starting to weed them out. :D

Sure. Anything is possible. But trading the best player on your team, in his prime, is often not the "best thing to happen to" a team.

By the way, we have been rebuilding for two seasons now. It seems like a bad idea to me, to start rebuilding again.

texaschief
04-20-2008, 03:31 AM
Sure. Anything is possible. But trading the best player on your team, in his prime, is often not the "best thing to happen to" a team.
You mean like when the Cowboys traded Walker? How bout trading the rights to Ricky Williams for an entire teams draft?

By the way, we have been rebuilding for two seasons now. It seems like a bad idea to me, to start rebuilding again.
Yeah, we've seen ZERO improvement on that defense....good call.

Get a clue

chief31
04-20-2008, 03:41 AM
You mean like when the Cowboys traded Walker? How bout trading the rights to Ricky Williams for an entire teams draft?

Yeah, we've seen ZERO improvement on that defense....good call.

Get a clue

Hmmm. What were the terms of those deals? Was it a pair of draft picks? I can't be sure, but I heard that there was slightly more involved. :D

And...

Oooohhh. I thought we were trying to rebuild a football team. (usual terms including a three year process.) But sure. We have built a pretty decent defense. Might as well get rid of that defense to rebuild... what? Another defense? Or an offense? And when do start rebuilding a football team? That must be in the next couple of years of Herms five-year plan.

hermhater
04-20-2008, 03:49 AM
hmm...

texaschief
04-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Hmmm. What were the terms of those deals? Was it a pair of draft picks? I can't be sure, but I heard that there was slightly more involved. :D

And...

Oooohhh. I thought we were trying to rebuild a football team. (usual terms including a three year process.) But sure. We have built a pretty decent defense. Might as well get rid of that defense to rebuild... what? Another defense? Or an offense? And when do start rebuilding a football team? That must be in the next couple of years of Herms five-year plan.

Really? You honestly can't see the flaw in your thinking? Removing one piece of the defense to rebuild the O-line and fill holes at other positions is really "getting rid" of the defense? If Allen played on offense, I'd still be all for trading his *** for more picks to fill holes on the team.

When a team is rebuilding, the best player is usually the best bargaining chip that team has....it just happens to be that our guy plays on defense.

But you're right....let's get rid of this coach so some other coach can come in and start HIS rebuilding process and set us back another 5 years....that's good.

chief31
04-20-2008, 03:57 AM
Really? You honestly can't see the flaw in your thinking? Removing one piece of the defense to rebuild the O-line and fill holes at other positions is really "getting rid" of the defense? If Allen played on offense, I'd still be all for trading his *** for more picks to fill holes on the team.

AHAHAHAAAHA!!! You don't fill holes this way. You create them. And then hope that someone can fill it from the draft. But everyone hits and misses in the draft. You don't discard the ones you hit on, just to try again.

When a team is rebuilding, the best player is usually the best bargaining chip that team has....it just happens to be that our guy plays on defense.

But you're right....let's get rid of this coach so some other coach can come in and start HIS rebuilding process and set us back another 5 years....that's good.

Now you're talkin'! Why keep a loser? Get a real NFL coach on board, and start doing something with this team. HERE, HERE!!!:D

hermhater
04-20-2008, 04:00 AM
I see...

texaschief
04-20-2008, 04:08 AM
Now you're talkin'! Why keep a loser? Get a real NFL coach on board, and start doing something with this team. HERE, HERE!!!:D

Like who? Vermeil? hahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's the reason we're in this mess to begin with.

chief31
04-20-2008, 04:19 AM
Like who? Vermeil? hahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's the reason we're in this mess to begin with.
Well, eventhough we have had this argument several times already...

Vermiel - two Super bowl appearences

Hermie -

I should let you fill that in. Because I'm not sure that you realize how many times he has been. You seem to think that he owns the Super Bowl.

texaschief
04-20-2008, 04:24 AM
Well, eventhough we have had this argument several times already...

Vermiel - two Super bowl appearences

Hermie -

I should let you fill that in. Because I'm not sure that you realize how many times he has been. You seem to think that he owns the Super Bowl.

too bad vermeil can't draft to save his life.

chief31
04-20-2008, 04:34 AM
too bad vermeil can't draft to save his life.
Yeah! Because all that matters is getting your draft picks on the field! That damn Super Bowl is waaaay over-rated.

Three7s
04-20-2008, 06:13 AM
Now that I think about it, Vermeil isn't a great drafter. That doesn't mean he isn't a good coach, though. When he won it with the Rams, I think the only players he drafted of value were Holt and Pace, and I know the Rams had to give up draft pics for Pace. Mostly, Vermeil did a lot of trades and made some big free agent signings. A lot of the same things he did with us, just didn't work out as well here.

Oh, and don't think the Rams aren't feeling the effects of all those lost draft picks. Last time I checked, they had an even worse record than us last year. If you're gonna give up draft picks, you have to know 100% that you're gonna go all the way, otherwise it's not worth it.

chief31
04-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Now that I think about it, Vermeil isn't a great drafter. That doesn't mean he isn't a good coach, though. When he won it with the Rams, I think the only players he drafted of value were Holt and Pace, and I know the Rams had to give up draft pics for Pace. Mostly, Vermeil did a lot of trades and made some big free agent signings. A lot of the same things he did with us, just didn't work out as well here.

Oh, and don't think the Rams aren't feeling the effects of all those lost draft picks. Last time I checked, they had an even worse record than us last year. If you're gonna give up draft picks, you have to know 100% that you're gonna go all the way, otherwise it's not worth it.

Actually, the Rams haven't been hurting for draft picks lately.

Aside from one pick per round, they have had these extras, to replace these lost.

2007 -4th round, +5th +7th.

2006 -6th, + 3rd, +3rd, +7th, +7th.

2005 +3rd +4th +6th +7th

2004 -2nd, +7th

2003 +4th +5th +5th +7th

2002 +3rd

2001 -7th, +1st +1st +4th

2000 One pick each round

1999 One pick each round

For a total of, over nine drafts, two extra 1sts, minus one second, four extra 3rds, one extra 4th, three extrs 5ths, minus one 6th, and five extra 7ths.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2510&type=team

chief31
04-20-2008, 07:10 AM
But, even further,

1998 +4th

1997 -3rd

1996 +1st +2nd +6th