PDA

View Full Version : Some good news for the Chiefs.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I will miss having Jared, but I'm glad the Donks are stupid enough to take Droppie Parker off our hands.

Broncos sign Chiefs WR Parker to one-year deal

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den) on Tuesday signed former Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan) wide receiver Samie Parker (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6864) to a one-year contract.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/105.jpg Parker

The Broncos also signed free-agent punter Danny Baugher and waived wide receiver Derrick Hamilton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6836) and tight end Chad Upshaw (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8638).
Parker, who was an unrestricted free agent, spent his first four NFL seasons with the Chiefs, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2004 draft out of Oregon. He has career numbers of 110 catches for 1,529 yards and seven touchdowns.
Parker caught 41 passes for 561 yards in 2006 before giving way to first-round draft pick Dwayne Bowe (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8277). Parker had 24 catches for 298 yards and two TDs last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3346946

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I will miss having Jared, but I'm glad the Donks are stupid enough to take Droppie Parker off our hands.

SERIOUSLY!

now all they need to do know is find a counterpart to bowe.

im all for sippio!

hermhater
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
SERIOUSLY!

im all for sippio!

Me too!

Let's get him in some games and see what he can do in the NFL!

:yahoo:

anaeelbackwards
04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
i dont really hate much on receivers man but shiiit,

as many balls as he caught for us

he has dropped a couple of crucial ones as well.

good riddance.

kcmostwanted
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
only if the donkey's can find a way to sign Carl Peterson then Broncos would become my 2nd favorite team.

Dyno-Mite
04-17-2008, 05:37 PM
SERIOUSLY!

im all for sippio!

We simply can't continue to consider players with no experience such as Sippio as a player that can be a counterpart to D-rainbow.Sippio will be a great slot wide receiver but I believe that the slot position is owned by the web slinging Jeff Webb.We can make excellent use of Darling as a backup in case one gets injured.Let's not forget that B.J. Sams will be a excellent fit for us at wide receiver.We need to get rid of Drummond and leave all kick and punt but also wide receiver duties to B.J. Sams.We need a elite wide receiver such as Ocho Cinco to be a counterpart to D-rainbow.It'll be Gonzo,D-rainbow and Ocho Cinco.Damn.

Canada
04-17-2008, 06:36 PM
No Ocho Stinko

hermhater
04-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Johnson would not come to the Chiefs, he would be in a worse situation here than he is in Cincy.

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I expect Ocho-Stinko to end up in the NFC. I highly doubt Cincy is going to put him in a spot where he'd be in a consistent position to hurt them. Tampa? Maybe Minnesota? Carolina (opposite Steve Smith?)

Although the funny spot would be NY Giants...could you imagine the conniption that Tom Coughlin would have the first time Chad Johnson gets a penalty for excessive celebration?!

bigpoppachief
04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Why would we want oucho Stinko Yes i mean oucho cause he does nothing but cause headaches PLUS give me a break Carson Palmer cant give the guy what he wants I like Croyle somewhat but he def couldnt if Palmer cant do it.

As for Sippio PUT HIM IN ! The guy has amazing hands ! Go watch some of hsi AFL footage ! Say what you want about the AFL but when a guy can catch in traffic like he had to he needs to be given a fair chance PLUS D Bowe and Sipp are cousins ! How bad *** would that be ? Plus i wanna see Sippio score a touchdown then "open " the football and take a sip HA HA Get it ! ok maybe that wasnt funny........:mob:

hermhater
04-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Why would we want oucho Stinko Yes i mean oucho cause he does nothing but cause headaches PLUS give me a break Carson Palmer cant give the guy what he wants I like Croyle somewhat but he def couldnt if Palmer cant do it.

As for Sippio PUT HIM IN ! The guy has amazing hands ! Go watch some of hsi AFL footage ! Say what you want about the AFL but when a guy can catch in traffic like he had to he needs to be given a fair chance PLUS D Bowe and Sipp are cousins ! How bad *** would that be ? Plus i wanna see Sippio score a touchdown then "open " the football and take a sip HA HA Get it ! ok maybe that wasnt funny........:mob:

Hell yeah put Sippio in, but I hope he doesn't sip the football...

:biggrin:

Dyno-Mite
04-18-2008, 03:21 PM

I do like Sippio but I'd rather have an elite wide receiver opposite of D-rainbow.We might as well leave the starting duties to Jeff Webb while Sippio takes care of the slot.That's if we don't get that elite wide receiver.I can only wonder what position our free agency money is going towards.Another thing..................I don't like CRoyle!I getting it popping with Damon "killer" Huard as our starter.:sterb200:

texaschief
04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I think if we can trade Allen and the #5 pick, we'll see a WR taken in the 2nd round. I'm hoping Kelly or Sweed.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I think if we can trade Allen and the #5 pick, we'll see a WR taken in the 2nd round. I'm hoping Kelly or Sweed.

We're not gonna trade the #5 dude.

I think we might get stuck with Ryan this draft.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
We're not gonna trade the #5 dude.

I think we might get stuck with Ryan this draft.

I think Baltimore really wants him and may not want to risk letting him fall and letting another team draft up with the Pats to take him.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Baltimore really wants him and may not want to risk letting him fall and letting another team draft up with the Pats to take him.

My point is Herm wants Ryan so we won't trade and hope he falls.

If he is already gone Baltimore won't trade us.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 03:51 PM
My point is Herm wants Ryan so we won't trade and hope he falls.

If he is already gone Baltimore won't trade us.

Herm wants defense, defense and some more defense. If anyone want Ryan, it's Gailey. I still find it hard to believe the Chiefs would take Ryan if they can grab Brohm or Henne in round two or Flacco in the 3rd.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Herm wants defense, defense and some more defense. If anyone want Ryan, it's Gailey. I still find it hard to believe the Chiefs would take Ryan if they can grab Brohm or Henne in round two or Flacco in the 3rd.

I like Ryan, but not at number five.

I don't know that Brohm or Flacco will be around then to grab either of them.

If it is Gailey that is influencing Herm, or if I am just plain wrong (which I very well could be now that it looks like we're losing Jared) I don't know, but it seems like he wants the kid.

I guess we really are gonna focus that number 5 pick on a DE now for sure.

Dyno-Mite
04-18-2008, 04:00 PM

We are going in the wrong direction by allowing a College quarterback to take over starting duties for our Chiefs franchise.The Chiefs are not going anywhere in a longtime with a College quarterback.Are we thinking Super Bowl or not?After Damon "killer" Huard finishes up starting duties after this season then I see Brett Favre taking over quarterback duties for our Chiefs franchise.Our franchise is at it's best with a veteran quarterback.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 04:01 PM
I like Ryan, but not at number five.

I don't know that Brohm or Flacco will be around then to grab either of them.

If it is Gailey that is influencing Herm, or if I am just plain wrong (which I very well could be now that it looks like we're losing Jared) I don't know, but it seems like he wants the kid.

I guess we really are gonna focus that number 5 pick on a DE now for sure.

I've kinda jumped off the Gholston band wagon. While he's a freak of a physical specimen, he didn't seem to be a big name until the draft talk started...which worries me.

For the record, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want Limus Sweed from Texas taken with our first pick in the 2nd round if he's still available...or even at #17 for that matter if we grab the Viking's pick.

Sweed opposite Bowe with Gonzo in the middle and LJ out of the backfield will absolutely be killer.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 04:03 PM
We are going in the wrong direction by allowing a College quarterback to take over starting duties for our Chiefs franchise.The Chiefs are not going anywhere in a longtime with a College quarterback.Are we thinking Super Bowl or not?After Damon "killer" Huard finishes up starting duties after this season then I see Brett Favre taking over quarterback duties for our Chiefs franchise.Our franchise is at it's best with a veteran quarterback.

:sign0153: yeah. who ever had success with a QB coming out of college? ahem Ben Rothlisberger.

But i agree that Ryan isn't the top flight QB that we should spend a top 5 pick on.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I've kinda jumped off the Gholston band wagon. While he's a freak of a physical specimen, he didn't seem to be a big name until the draft talk started...which worries me.

For the record, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want Limus Sweed from Texas taken with our first pick in the 2nd round if he's still available...or even at #17 for that matter if we grab the Viking's pick.

Sweed opposite Bowe with Gonzo in the middle and LJ out of the backfield will absolutely be killer.

I still don't know who to take, because I can't predict what is gonna happen ahead of us.

Who knows, Chris Long might still be available.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 04:07 PM
I still don't know who to take, because I can't predict what is gonna happen ahead of us.

Who knows, Chris Long might still be available.

I'd love it....but i doubt it.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Merril Hodge and Todd McShay just compared Ryan to Palmer and P. Manning. :lol:

Canada
04-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Merril Hodge and Todd McShay just compared Ryan to Palmer and P. Manning. :lol:

I would wait and see what he does before you call that laughable. Why couldn't he be the next Manning or Palmer?

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 12:05 PM

Except now that he's going to a division rival he will have a break out season.

royalswin100games
04-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I would wait and see what he does before you call that laughable. Why couldn't he be the next Manning or Palmer?

Agreed.

texaschief
04-19-2008, 04:20 PM

I'm not saying he couldn't be, i just think it's funny that every year there's a QB compared to those two.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm not saying he couldn't be, i just think it's funny that every year there's a QB compared to those two.

Par for the course; it used to be that they were compared to Montana, Marino, or Elway.

Dyno-Mite
04-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Matt Ryan isn't going to be another Manning but he will be like Palmer.I don't want Ryan as our Chiefs QB.I'd rather have the other Ryan(Clady)as our overall first pick.I believe that Ryan Clady will be the next Will Shields.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Matt Ryan isn't going to be another Manning but he will be like Palmer.I don't want Ryan as our Chiefs QB.I'd rather have the other Ryan(Clady)as our overall first pick.I believe that Ryan Clady will be the next Will Shields.

No offense, but I don't trust your opinions on QBs. :toast2:

Dyno-Mite
04-21-2008, 03:50 PM
No offense, but I don't trust your opinions on QBs. :toast2:

Royale,let me ask you this question.Who would you rather have as our starter for the 2008 season?Damon or Brodie?My answer is Damon.What's yours?

Canada
04-21-2008, 03:52 PM
My answer is Damon.What's yours?

Mine is 4 :D

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Royale,let me ask you this question.Who would you rather have as our starter for the 2008 season?Damon or Brodie?My answer is Damon.What's yours?

Right now, Brodie. If Herm wants to "rebuild" this team he'd better give his young QB the start. Brodie has the cannon arm but he has made some bonehead decisions. Huard is a career backup for a reason.

Brodie does kind of remind me of another Chiefs QB...

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 03:54 PM

Post whoring here. The other answer would be George Brett. :D

rbedgood
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
If the Chiefs take Ryan in this draft they'd better have the #17 and use it and the 2nd rounder for O-line help...then and only then does the selection of Ryan make any sense!!!

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 04:23 PM
If the Chiefs take Ryan in this draft they'd better have the #17 and use it and the 2nd rounder for O-line help...then and only then does the selection of Ryan make any sense!!!

I hope they take Ryan at #5 so CP will be fired.

rbedgood
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
I hope they take Ryan at #5 so CP will be fired.

That could happen, but if CP has a good draft and gets Ryan, a couple of O-linemen and a cornerback the argument could be made that he is "rebuilding" (AGAIN!) and it will buy him some time. I know none of you guys want to hear that, but it is probably reality.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 04:29 PM
That could happen, but if CP has a good draft and gets Ryan, a couple of O-linemen and a cornerback the argument could be made that he is "rebuilding" (AGAIN!) and it will buy him some time. I know none of you guys want to hear that, but it is probably reality.

Makes sense... unfortunately.

chief31
04-22-2008, 12:05 PM

I am with you on this one. Our offensive line is going to be made up of who-knows-what, and Croyle may need to bring a casket to the games with him.

Let's at least kill Huard first. :D

DrunkHillbilly
04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Now this is funny!!! Clady the next Will Sheilds?????? Not a chance!!! He's a reach at best!

chief31
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Now this is funny!!! Clady the next Will Sheilds?????? Not a chance!!! He's a reach at best!
Shields was drafted at 74th overall. But Clady is an OT anyway.

Dyno-Mite
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Mine is 4 :D

Canada,It's this thought in my mind making me believe that Brett will go out like Montana while coming back to play for KC.Brett's thinking of Super Bowl 1 when the Chiefs squared off against the Packers.Ring any bells!As for Brodie CRoyle........F him!He will lose his job after the first 4 weeks of the season if he is our starting Qb.I want my dude Damon "killer" Huard as the starter because he is the real deal.Give Damon a dominate offensive line and we'll continue to see flashes of the achievements that Damon accomplished during the 2006 season.Let's not forget that Damon was one of the best QB's in the league during that season.It's live or die with Damon.I'm no longer a Chief fan if Herm allows Brodie to remain as our starter or if he drafts another College quarterback.The Chiefs quarterback position is built for a veteran general.:armee_smilies027:

Montana,Moon,Grbac,Green,Damon...........then the wack CRoyle!He has no name with our franchise.F CRoyle.I hate him.

anaeelbackwards
04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Canada,It's this thought in my mind making me believe that Brett will go out like Montana while coming back to play for KC.Brett's thinking of Super Bowl 1 when the Chiefs squared off against the Packers.Ring any bells!As for Brodie CRoyle........F him!He will lose his job after the first 4 weeks of the season if he is our starting Qb.I want my dude Damon "killer" Huard as the starter because he is the real deal.Give Damon a dominate offensive line and we'll continue to see flashes of the achievements that Damon accomplished during the 2006 season.Let's not forget that Damon was one of the best QB's in the league during that season.It's live or die with Damon.I'm no longer a Chief fan if Herm allows Brodie to remain as our starter or if he drafts another College quarterback.The Chiefs quarterback position is built for a veteran general.:armee_smilies027:

Montana,Moon,Grbac,Green,Damon...........then the wack CRoyle!He has no name with our franchise.F CRoyle.I hate him.

OH SHOOT its nice to have GRBAC in the house.:drunkhb:

hermhater
04-22-2008, 04:58 PM
OH SHOOT its nice to have GRBAC in the house.:drunkhb:

You crazy girly!

:bananen_smilies046:

Coach
04-22-2008, 05:56 PM

There is a rumor that the Jets want Ryan badly. If they sign Matt Ryan. They would likely release Chad Pennington. Herm would almost certainly grab Pennington. This could happen via some kind of trade agreement as well.

I'm starting to think that Ryan Clady is the likely pick for the Chiefs #5 pick.

texaschief
04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
There is a rumor that the Jets want Ryan badly. If they sign Matt Ryan. They would likely release Chad Pennington. Herm would almost certainly grab Pennington. This could happen via some kind of trade agreement as well.

I'm starting to think that Ryan Clady is the likely pick for the Chiefs #5 pick.

If Pennington comes over, i think Huard's tenure with the Chiefs is over. With the team going thru a youth movement, Pennington would only be signed as a backup IMO. I think if we don't take a QB in this draft, the QB job will be handed to Croyle.

Also, if the Chiefs decide to reach for a lineman at #5, it better be Clady. The popular rumor seems to be that the Chiefs will take Albert. While Albert is probably the better of the two linemen, Albert will probably be best suited as a guard. As of right now, the Chiefs desperately need left tackle and or right tackle.

If we see the Chiefs take Albert, you can pretty much guarantee that we will keep McIntosh at RT, still have a hole to fill at left tackle, but would've shored up our other guard spot. If that happens, i think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs will HAVE to take an OT in the 2nd round....I just don't see that happening.

Coach
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
If that happens, i think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs will HAVE to take an OT in the 2nd round....I just don't see that happening.

There is a decent chance that Sam Baker will still be on the board when the Chiefs pick in the 2nd. That would be a good pick IMO.

texaschief
04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
There is a decent chance that Sam Baker will still be on the board when the Chiefs pick in the 2nd. That would be a good pick IMO.

I think we can fill a guard spot with a pick in the 3rd or 4th round. We already have a RT in McIntosh. I just can't believe that they would spend their first 2 picks on linemen if it's possible to fill one of those spots later in the draft. If we get a good guard in the 3rd, we can spend that 2nd pick on a CB or WR. I think the quality in guard is better in the 3rd round than the quality at CB. IMO

Coach
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
I think we can fill a guard spot with a pick in the 3rd or 4th round. We already have a RT in McIntosh. I just can't believe that they would spend their first 2 picks on linemen if it's possible to fill one of those spots later in the draft. If we get a good guard in the 3rd, we can spend that 2nd pick on a CB or WR. I think the quality in guard is better in the 3rd round than the quality at CB. IMO
I agree that the Chiefs would likely not take Albert because of the depth at guard later in the draft. Although Albert has great speed for his size. This draft could shake out a lot of ways. I just can't wait.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I agree that the Chiefs would likely not take Albert because of the depth at guard later in the draft. Although Albert has great speed for his size. This draft could shake out a lot of ways. I just can't wait.

Me too!

Come on down to Arrowhead this weekend and watch it with me and YZILLA.

Hey, I just thought of something, tammie are you gonna be there too?