PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Letting Jared Shop around !

YZILLA
04-17-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807d1f6e&template=with-video&confirm=true

YZILLA
04-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry HH , Didnt see that you posted on this already !

hermhater
04-17-2008, 05:25 PM
The more the merrier!

Can't hear about Carl's incompetence enough!

:bananen_smilies046:

Dyno-Mite
04-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Let Allen shop around because we sure can use the extra money on a elite wide receiver.I'd rather lean more heavily toward the offense rather than the defense.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 05:30 PM
In 55 career games over four seasons with the Chiefs, Allen has registered 43 sacks.

This is the only part of that entire article I like.

Stupid Carl!

:mob:

YZILLA
04-17-2008, 07:10 PM
I really hope we dont lose Jared. That being said , I really cant cry boo-hoo over what his paycheck this year was gonna be . Like 9 million or so right? He should play his contract out , Shut up and be a Role model , When his contract ends he will be a very rich man. If he plays for us , great if not , I wish him the best because he is the best. Karl is an idiot true, But we already knew he would be the demise of this team . So we shouldnt be surprised.

hermhater
04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
I really hope we dont lose Jared. That being said , I really cant cry boo-hoo over what his paycheck this year was gonna be . Like 9 million or so right? He should play his contract out , Shut up and be a Role model , When his contract ends he will be a very rich man. If he plays for us , great if not , I wish him the best because he is the best. Karl is an idiot true, But we already knew he would be the demise of this team . So we shouldnt be surprised.

I thought his contract was up last year and that is why we are going through this Franchise Tag nightmare, because Carl won't pay the man?

YZILLA
04-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Could be bro , I was under the assumption that he was on his last year this year . Hmmm, Maybe your right . I will have to do more research before I post .

hermhater
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Could be bro , I was under the assumption that he was on his last year this year . Hmmm, Maybe your right . I will have to do more research before I post .

It's just ridiculous that he wasn't signed before the season started.

This is just a ridiculous mess he's caused.

OTR Chiefs fan
04-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Let Allen shop around because we sure can use the extra money on a elite wide receiver.I'd rather lean more heavily toward the offense rather than the defense.

We need Allen on the defense. We've got the start of a good defense, with Allen as the center piece. Players of Allen's abilities don't come around that often. Carl, PAY THE MAN!!! :D

harvey74
04-17-2008, 09:14 PM
CARL AND HERM WANT YOUNG ,GOOD, HUNGRY, TALENT.
I'm sorry isn't that Jared Allen?
F Carl Peterson and F the Chiefs
You want to be the new Bengals? Your on your way!

OTR Chiefs fan
04-17-2008, 09:20 PM
It's just ridiculous that he wasn't signed before the season started.

This is just a ridiculous mess he's caused.

This is Carl's M.O. :mob: He never takes a pro active approach and sign these players early showing a sign of good faith and support toward these players. Instead he draws out these negotiations pissing off both the players and the fans. You don't trade the center piece of your defense and weaken a foundation for a good defense for draft picks. Allen needs to stay and we work from there. We have 10 picks this draft, how many more do we actually need? CARL.... PAY THE MAN!!! :bash: (me trying to knock some sense into Carl)

hermhater
04-17-2008, 09:24 PM
This is Carl's M.O. :mob: He never takes a pro active approach and sign these players early showing a sign of good faith and support toward these players. Instead he draws out these negotiations pissing off both the players and the fans. You don't trade the center piece of your defense and weaken a foundation for a good defense for draft picks. Allen needs to stay and we work from there. We have 10 picks this draft, how many more do we actually need? CARL.... PAY THE MAN!!! :bash: (me trying to knock some sense into Carl)

Dude don't stop smacking him with the hammer!

OTR Chiefs fan
04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Dude don't stop smacking him with the hammer!

I might need something stronger than a hammer.:Spear_02::sterb155::comeandgetsome::smilie _shoot::armee_smilies126::armee_smilies108::armee_ smilies021::armee_smilies105::armee_smilies116::ar mee_smilies100::armee_smilies088::Banane36::charac ter00266:
Choose any or all the above to get the point across to Carl!!

hermhater
04-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I might need something stronger than a hammer.:Spear_02::sterb155::comeandgetsome::smilie _shoot::armee_smilies126::armee_smilies108::armee_ smilies021::armee_smilies105::armee_smilies116::ar mee_smilies100::armee_smilies088::Banane36::charac ter00266:
Choose any or all the above to get the point across to Carl!!

All of the above!

Chiefster
04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Stupid Carl!

hermhater
04-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Stupid Carl!

Extra stupid Carl!

:11:

Chiefster
04-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Extra stupid Carl!

I seriously cannot stand the guy.

Guru
04-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Stupid Carl!

Thats the best you've got?! Turn in your mancard.:11:

wolfpack
04-18-2008, 01:28 AM
carl,hermmie or even clark. its not all carls fault. he was born stupid. hermmies just a lap dog to carl, and for clark hunt,,, if he had any balls this stuff would never had happened. he would have fired carl along time ago.

Guru
04-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Won't argue with that. I am at the head of the Damnit Carl!!! train. However, Clark is slowly inching his way up there.

chief31
04-18-2008, 03:36 AM

Great idea! Because we all know what an offensive juggernaut that Herm Edwards brings to the table. :D

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 01:14 PM

He forgot where he placed it...:lol:

Dyno-Mite
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Stop getting mad at King Carl.He isn't a idiot because he knows what he is doing.Jared is just a pain in the ***.Let him go.Napoleon has accomplished more things in this league and he isn't complaining about the money.I recall King Carl mentioning........................"Jared was never considered a franchise player for our franchise and he will never be considered a franchise player for our franchise"!

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Stop getting mad at King Carl.He isn't a idiot because he knows what he is doing.Jared is just a pain in the ***.Let him go.Napoleon has accomplished more things in this league and he isn't complaining about the money.I recall King Carl mentioning........................"Jared was never considered a franchise player for our franchise and he will never be considered a franchise player for our franchise"!

:sign0153: Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

Dyno-Mite
04-21-2008, 03:46 PM
:sign0153: Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

That isn't sarcasm.He's just speaking the truth.I agree with my dude King Carl.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
That isn't sarcasm.He's just speaking the truth.I agree with my dude King Carl.

I guess we agree to disagree.

I have given up on Jared being a Chief for the most part but...

1. How does giving up arguably the best DE in the league for UNPROVEN college talent make sense and...

2. JA is 26 years old and in his prime(he may still have more upside). How does that not fit in with the "rebuilding" plan?

Canada
04-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I guess we agree to disagree.

I have given up on Jared being a Chief for the most part but...

1. How does giving up arguably the best DE in the league for UNPROVEN college talent make sense and...

2. JA is 26 years old and in his prime(he may still have more upside). How does that not fit in with the "rebuilding" plan?

I am not agreeing with anyone, but if trading the best DE in league leads us to get three starters, one DE and a couple of OL then it makes a lot of sense to me.

m0ef0e
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
What are the odds that all of our picks will work out and become quality starters?

We are trading a known commodity to possibly gain more.

To me, this is like trading fish you have already caught and know will feed you for permission to fish a private spot that is supposed to be good in the hopes of catching more fish than you had. It's a gamble. I'm not pleased about losing JA at all and am not sure that I would take the chance on guys that may flop.

Remember the Chiefs don't really have the best record as far as hitting it big on draft day. Ryan Sims comes to mind as well as a few others.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 06:26 PM
What are the odds that all of our picks will work out and become quality starters?

To me, this is like trading fish you have already caught and know will feed you for permission to fish a private spot that is supposed to be good in the hopes of catching more fish than you had. It's a gamble. I'm not pleased about losing JA at all and am not sure that I would take the chance on guys that may flop.

Remember the Chiefs don't really have the best record as far as hitting it big on draft day. Ryan Sims comes to mind as well as a few others.

What's up m0ef0e?

YZILLA is coming down for the draft party at Arrowhead, you in?

m0ef0e
04-21-2008, 06:30 PM
What's up m0ef0e?

YZILLA is coming down for the draft party at Arrowhead, you in?

Gotta work.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Gotta work.

Dang, I will drink a beer for ya bro!

As far as your post about Jared, I completely agree with you, but it seems to be happening now and there is nothing we can do about it.

m0ef0e
04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Dang, I will drink a beer for ya bro!

As far as your post about Jared, I completely agree with you, but it seems to be happening now and there is nothing we can do about it.

Yeah, I know. I'm not much of a gambler myself but I guess I'm all in on this one.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm not much of a gambler myself but I guess I'm all in on this one.

Have you heard any other news about the trade negotiations?

Canada
04-21-2008, 10:00 PM

I am just lookin at the possibilities. From what everyone is saying, JA and CP have made up their minds, deals done. I still think he will stay, but if he dosen't, I think there is a pretty good possibility that we could pull out at least 3 decent starters in the draft. It's not a terrible deal (if we draft well) but the payoff may not be seen immediately. Obviously it is a gamble, but it is a gamble we may have to take and hopefully it works out!! :bananen_smilies046:

anaeelbackwards
04-21-2008, 10:10 PM
i was listening on the radio and they were talking about a possibility of getting up to 10-15 draft picks if the trade deals were going down....

i would hate to see JA go, but damn it to hell...:drunkhb:

hermhater
04-21-2008, 11:46 PM
I am just lookin at the possibilities. From what everyone is saying, JA and CP have made up their minds, deals done. I still think he will stay, but if he dosen't, I think there is a pretty good possibility that we could pull out at least 3 decent starters in the draft. It's not a terrible deal (if we draft well) but the payoff may not be seen immediately. Obviously it is a gamble, but it is a gamble we may have to take and hopefully it works out!! :bananen_smilies046:

You wait until post number 6,283 to post something worthwhile.

:sign0098:

chief31
04-22-2008, 10:17 AM

One J.A.> two maybes.

The fact is that the biggest threat of losing J.A. comes in the form of that "poison-pill" scenario.

What that means is that the Vikings wait until the draft is over, then nab Jared with one of those "poison-pills".

Then, the Vikings owe us their first round picks in '09, and in 2010. Both of which are likely to be mid-to-late twenties. (24th-28th overall pick)

That means that we get no extra picks this year, and we get to continue "rebuilding" for the next two drafts. AKA three seasons.

Best case, (assuming that J,A, is leaving) the Chiefs work out a (miserable) trade with the Vikings, or someone else. Let's say this years firt and second rounders. (Best case)

I have already shown how much of a "sure thing" first round DEs are. One of fourteen firt round DEs from four of the past five years (Excluding last years picks, because they deserve another year) is better at sacks per season than J.A. was before he "blew-up" last year. And that was the #1 overall pick, and he just barely beats Jared.

So, is the seventeenth overall pick going to yeild that kind of talent? Probably not. It's possible, but probably not.

But... We aren't going to try that. We are going to use the #5 overall pick. But we didn't get the #5 pick for Jared. We got #17.

So, we are already losers there, because we had to use a #5 pick to replace Jared, when all we got was a #17, and a second-rounder.

Now, you can tell me that that is fair trade value. #5 for #17 and a second round pick. And I'll even buy that. But, what that means is that ... J.A = (#17 + #48) = #5. Therefore, Jared Allen = #5 pick.

That means that in the best case scenario, we are saying that Chris Long/Gholston = Jared Allen.

Given the results of the last five years worth of first-round DEs vs Jared Allen, does that sound right to anyone here?

Canada, I know you wnat to be optimistic about this, but it just isn't adding up.

Canada
04-22-2008, 10:51 AM
All I am saying is that I would take and Average DE and LT for an outstanding DE. Jared sounds like he wants to go, CP soundls like he is ready to let him go...why not try and get the best deal available? I believe I said too that none of it is a sure thing, the draft is always a gamble, but sometimes gamblers win too!

chief31
04-22-2008, 11:10 AM
All I am saying is that I would take and Average DE and LT for an outstanding DE. Jared sounds like he wants to go, CP soundls like he is ready to let him go...why not try and get the best deal available? I believe I said too that none of it is a sure thing, the draft is always a gamble, but sometimes gamblers win too!

Very true. Jared Allen comes to mind... :D

I am just flat-out against this "losing Jared" idea. I feel that a great player at one spot is worth a whole lot more than two average guys.

What sounds better? A defense with eight superstars and eight average guys ... Or a defense with sixteen average guys?

Avearge guys are a dime a dozen. But a real top-tier talent is mighty valuable.

Canada
04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Very true. Jared Allen comes to mind... :D

I am just flat-out against this "losing Jared" idea. I feel that a great player at one spot is worth a whole lot more than two average guys.

What sounds better? A defense with eight superstars and eight average guys ... Or a defense with sixteen average guys?

Avearge guys are a dime a dozen. But a real top-tier talent is mighty valuable.

While I AGREE with you that I do not want to lose Jared, it may still happen. I just don't think it will be the end of the world if it does. I would love to keep Jared, I spent $100 on his damn jersey!! :D

chief31
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
While I AGREE with you that I do not want to lose Jared, it may still happen. I just don't think it will be the end of the world if it does. I would love to keep Jared, I spent $100 on his damn jersey!! :D
No the end of the world, but the end of the season, as far as I am concerned. And the beginning of another rebuild...already.

Canada
04-22-2008, 11:27 AM
No the end of the world, but the end of the season, as far as I am concerned. And the beginning of another rebuild...already.

...assuming all of the players we draft are a bust. I know you said that it will be hard to replace Jared, but not impossible. I hear everyone say the can't wait for the draft buy then think that we are not gonna get anyone worth while in the draft so why are we excited about it? Jared got 14 sacks last season...maybe a new DE that we draft will only get 10. Those numbers are on par with Mario Williams right? So we are talking a 4 sack difference. Dosen't seem that drastic to me!

chief31
04-22-2008, 11:41 AM
...assuming all of the players we draft are a bust. I know you said that it will be hard to replace Jared, but not impossible. I hear everyone say the can't wait for the draft buy then think that we are not gonna get anyone worth while in the draft so why are we excited about it? Jared got 14 sacks last season...maybe a new DE that we draft will only get 10. Those numbers are on par with Mario Williams right? So we are talking a 4 sack difference. Dosen't seem that drastic to me!

Over the past five drafts not one of the fifteen DEs taken in the first round got ten in their rookie season. Including Williams. (Actually, Pat Williams might have)

And Jared had 15.5 sacks last season.:D

But it's not that I don't think that we will get no good players from the draft. Quite the contrary. I believe that Herm is a very good evaluator of college defenders. But I realize that the odds are not very good that we will get many great players. And I am very worried that we will be putting-off the o-line picks, especially if we have to fill a huge hole at DE too.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Anyone hear anything about JA visiting Tampa?

hermhater
04-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Anyone hear anything about JA visiting Tampa?

No.:bananen_smilies046:

Dyno-Mite
04-22-2008, 04:25 PM

You crazy if all of our College players that Herm drafted are bust.D-rainbow almost won rookie of the year.Bernard is turning into one of the best special teams performers in this league.The web slinging Jeff Webb will get plenty attention for the 2008 season.Page 44 is a complete killer for offenses.Tamba is straight out nasty.The only player that's a bust is wack *** Brodie CRoyle.:mad:

Coach
04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
I really hope we dont lose Jared. That being said , I really cant cry boo-hoo over what his paycheck this year was gonna be . Like 9 million or so right? He should play his contract out , Shut up and be a Role model , When his contract ends he will be a very rich man. If he plays for us , great if not , I wish him the best because he is the best.

Exactly, Jared is finding out that he isn't worth the money he thought we would get. I think CP knew this and that is why the Chiefs put the "Franchise Tag" on him instead of the "Exclusive Franchise Tag". They couldve used the exclusive tag to prohibit JA from contacting any other teams and just making him finish his contract. Instead, CP let Jared test the market. This was the nicer thing to do and the smartest thing for the Chiefs to do. Jared is now finding out that teams aren't going to pay top dollar for a guy that has 2 strikes in a 3 strike league. By not using the "exclusive" tag on Jared, Cp will end up paying Jared less when they resign him after they sign their draft picks. Jared needs to be a professional and finish up his contract.

Great analogy and I agree. I'm sure CP agrees as well. Otherwise, JA wouldn't have left Minnesota. CP is going to want at least 1st and 2nd, if not more.

Canada
04-22-2008, 07:22 PM
You crazy if all of our College players that Herm drafted are bust.D-rainbow almost won rookie of the year.Bernard is turning into one of the best special teams performers in this league.The web slinging Jeff Webb will get plenty attention for the 2008 season.Page 44 is a complete killer for offenses.Tamba is straight out nasty.The only player that's a bust is wack *** Brodie CRoyle.:mad:

I did not say they were a bust, i am saying that we can pull some starters outta the draft.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
I did not say they were a bust, i am saying that we can pull some starters outta the draft.

That does nothing to change the fact that you are still crazy!

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 08:08 PM

Hopefully...

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 08:13 PM

Pollard is good. Now let's get him good at playing SS.

I hope Webb does well too but I'm not calling him a solid #2 receiver yet.

I wouldn't necessarily say that about Page. He is improving though.

Tamba is nasty when he's healthy.

Everyone seems quick to judge Brodie. He's played behind a division I AA line. Yes he has made some bonehead decisions when he's had time but what young QB hasn't?

Canada
04-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Hopefully...

Sure...hopefully a bus dosent crash into the stadium on game day, hopefully the NFL dosent fold next season, hopefully the entire starting lineup for the Chiefs does not spontaneouslty combust. Everyone is so negative. I guess if we trade JA, all this stuff will happen and then we will never be a good football team. This site has the whiniest bunch of winners I have ever seen. You act like it is always terrible in KC and then we win a bunch of games!! waaaaaaaa

Sorry Royals, not directed at you )or anyone_ just had a few beers and that is all!!! :bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Sure...hopefully a bus dosent crash into the stadium on game day, hopefully the NFL dosent fold next season, hopefully the entire starting lineup for the Chiefs does not spontaneouslty combust. Everyone is so negative. I guess if we trade JA, all this stuff will happen and then we will never be a good football team. This site has the whiniest bunch of winners I have ever seen. You act like it is always terrible in KC and then we win a bunch of games!! waaaaaaaa

Sorry Royals, not directed at you )or anyone_ just had a few beers and that is all!!! :bananen_smilies046:

I'm not trying to be negative, I just think that if we have the best DE in the league, we should try to keep him. The draft is a crap shoot. There are busts round 1 through 7. I'm hoping we succeed in the draft. I'm hoping we get the ROY. Most of all I'm hoping we can get back to the playoffs.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 08:55 PM

:sign0099:

Canada
04-22-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm not trying to be negative, I just think that if we have the best DE in the league, we should try to keep him. The draft is a crap shoot. There are busts round 1 through 7. I'm hoping we succeed in the draft. I'm hoping we get the ROY. Most of all I'm hoping we can get back to the playoffs.

No offense meant, but I have heard this post waaaaay too many times. We KNOW that the draft is a Crapshoot, but IF JA is leaving then line up at the craps table and take your best shot. Maybe in 3 years we will all be posting about what a great trade we made in getting Chris Long and Clady in the first round! Believe it or not there is the possibility that we win in the crapshoot and have a kick *** draft.

:sign0099:

Chiefster
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Remember that we all have a right to our opinions, and the right to RESPECTFULLY dissent.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 09:01 PM
No offense meant, but I have heard this post waaaaay too many times. We KNOW that the draft is a Crapshoot, but IF JA is leaving then line up at the craps table and take your best shot. Maybe in 3 years we will all be posting about what a great trade we made in getting Chris Long and Clady in the first round! Believe it or not there is the possibility that we win in the crapshoot and have a kick *** draft.

I fully expect that to happen!

I love my Chiefs and this is the year the management gets their act together and we will kick ***!

19-0 baby!

:yahoo:

Canada
04-22-2008, 09:01 PM

Remember that we all have a right to our opinions, and the right to RESPECTFULLY dissent.

I know :beer:

Chiefster
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I know :beer:

I know, you know. :D

hermhater

You tell 'em Chiefster!

royalswin100games

If we lose JA, I would be ecstatic if we got Chris Long at #5. All the scouts I've read and seen say he gives 100% on every play. I like Clady as well. If we get another first round pick, I'd like to see Clady, Williams, or Otah in the red and gold.

Canada
04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
You tell 'em Chiefster! I love you!! Get Canada for me cause I am just a little sissy!!

Help me Chiefster....you're our only hope.!!

Right out here? In a public forum? Stay in the closet HH!!

Chiefster
04-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Right out here? In a public forum? Stay in the closet HH!!

Are you saying that repectfully? :p

hermhater
04-23-2008, 03:11 AM
My name is Canada and I am a homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It only works if you are willing to work at quitting your habit.

No he's not, and I'm crying about it now.

rbedgood
04-23-2008, 12:53 PM

We do refer to HH as "Ant" for a reason...and since HH is not funny we'll let you decide.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/142.jpg

Chiefster
04-29-2008, 08:03 PM

...I had a mancard???:sign0153:

Chiefster
04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
It only works if you are willing to work at quitting your habit.

No he's not, and I'm crying about it now.

Does somebody need a wambulance???

We do refer to HH as "Ant" for a reason...and since HH is not funny we'll let you decide.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/142.jpg

HA! :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Does somebody need a wambulance???

HA! :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

It's a Chiefster siting!

Alert the press!

Where ya been bud?

Chiefster
04-29-2008, 10:15 PM
It's a Chiefster siting!

Alert the press!

Where ya been bud?

PC problems for the most part; couldn't even log on yesterday because of it. I'm backing things up to take it back to factory specs.

hermhater
04-29-2008, 11:51 PM
PC problems for the most part; couldn't even log on yesterday because of it. I'm backing things up to take it back to factory specs.

Good. Get it fixed and then call my Wambulance so Canada can :beer: