PDA

View Full Version : 5.4 scale earthquake reported in St. Louis

Guru
04-18-2008, 06:39 AM
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=144471

KCTV5 in KC reports quake could be felt in KC.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I just heard that on CNN a few minutes ago, dude.

Scary!

Wasn't there a huge earthquake over there in the 1800's or something?

I heard it made the Mississippi flow backwards for a day.

AkChief49
04-18-2008, 04:04 PM
5.4.......just a little shaker!

hermhater
04-18-2008, 04:12 PM
5.4.......just a little shaker!

We don't get too many of those around here.

It's scary when it happens.

:scared2:

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
We don't get too many of those around here.

It's scary when it happens.

:scared2:

Having grown up in California, I've slept through earthquakes bigger than 5.4

hermhater
04-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Having grown up in California, I've slept through earthquakes bigger than 5.4

Well if one happens here we worry, because it could be a precursor to something HUGE.

Nothing like those little highway shattering rumbles you guys used to get.

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Well if one happens here we worry, because it could be a precursor to something HUGE.

Nothing like those little highway shattering rumbles you guys used to get.

Yeah, I was at the ballpark when the 1989 quake happened. It was freakin' crazy. That's the only time in my life I can remember truly being scared during an earthquake. I actually had one other time that an earthquake knocked me off the top bunk in my room...my parents came running in to check on my brother and I and we were laying on the floor laughing our little a$$e$ off. Fortunately I landed on the bean bag chairs in our room and rolled to the floor from there.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I was at the ballpark when the 1989 quake happened. It was freakin' crazy. That's the only time in my life I can remember truly being scared during an earthquake. I actually had one other time that an earthquake knocked me off the top bunk in my room...my parents came running in to check on my brother and I and we were laying on the floor laughing our little a$$ off. Fortunately I landed on the bean bag chairs in our room and rolled to the floor from there.

Sounds like California housing codes should include a requirement for bean bag floors!

:lol:

I'll bet that was scary at the ball park.

Dang.

Guru
04-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I was at the ballpark when the 1989 quake happened. It was freakin' crazy. That's the only time in my life I can remember truly being scared during an earthquake. I actually had one other time that an earthquake knocked me off the top bunk in my room...my parents came running in to check on my brother and I and we were laying on the floor laughing our little a$$ off. Fortunately I landed on the bean bag chairs in our room and rolled to the floor from there.
This explains a lot about you. heh:D

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 02:59 AM
I heard about this on the radio yesterday morning; a pretty big deal for this part of the country.

hermhater
04-19-2008, 03:32 AM
I heard about this on the radio yesterday morning; a pretty big deal for this part of the country.

Seriously dude.

We are gonna feel it when the Madrid fault goes.

Guru
04-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Let's just split the country in two. Politically we already are.

chief31
04-19-2008, 06:55 AM
People around here said they felt it, but I didn't notice a thing. I was at work, and I didn't even hear about it ubtil a couple hours later, so I assume that noone else in the building felt it either.

Having spent a couple of years in California myself, I sat through a few shakers. But it never bothered me in the least. (Never anything like the '89 San Fran quake though.)

I never even realized that it was an earthquake until it was over, or almost over. It just felt like living next to some train tracks to me.

McLovin
04-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I am probably about the closest to the quake, we are about 2 hours from from there. Although it is only 1 and a half to STL but my inlaws are only like half hour from there. Anywho, they said that it was a 4.3 on the richter scale here, first one woke me up in shaking a solid brick house, and causing my bed to shake in the basement sitting right on the concrete floor, then there was an aftershock at 10:30 felt that one at work.

Big news here lol, this was a northern offshoot of the New Madrid but not really the New Madrid did have a different name for the fault.

Anywho have a good one.