PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about the JA issue

bigpoppachief
04-18-2008, 01:54 PM
I am a super chiefs fan. last season was a horrible roller coaster ride. I love JA and thank god for him and D Bowe because i just might have killed myself if not for them. But let's look at this situation in trading JA for some picks. Honestly it make sense . Will I like not having JA in a chiefs uniform NO but after this season is over and JA leaves because of BS then would i look back and say Maybe we should of gotten something for JA YEah Def, I mean we got to realize JA really wont want to be in KC because of carl so more then likely he will leave next year and even if he didn't what happens if he doesnt perform to standard due to more double teams and such. Yes Jared Allen is a great player but he can't save the chiefs himself It pains me but I think if we can get more quality picks in the long run it might just be the thing to do.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Since Carl has pissed him off so bad already, it seems this is the general consensus.

Jared says he won't sign a contract with the Chiefs, and I think he is a man of his word.

I believe he has quit drinking and will only continue to improve.

I hope we draft some awesome players with the picks we get.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
we could franchise him again next year, but ultimately paying 10 million per year to one player will only hinder this team more than help it.

bigpoppachief
04-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah its sad that its coming to this but We gotta take advantage of it and get something out of it. I mean we could get Ghoulston with the 5th who looks like he could be dominating then with the other pick we get in the first round grab one of the many good looking tackles. OR we could even look at trading the 1st we get and our second for a higher 1st rounder and nab Long Who knows but if we cant have Allen i would like to have guys who COULD be dominating someday

hermhater
04-18-2008, 02:26 PM
we could franchise him again next year, but ultimately paying 10 million per year to one player will only hinder this team more than help it.

I agree, he is not gonna sign with the Chiefs, it is too late for that.

Hopefully we get some awesome picks for him.

Yeah its sad that its coming to this but We gotta take advantage of it and get something out of it. I mean we could get Ghoulston with the 5th who looks like he could be dominating then with the other pick we get in the first round grab one of the many good looking tackles. OR we could even look at trading the 1st we get and our second for a higher 1st rounder and nab Long Who knows but if we cant have Allen i would like to have guys who COULD be dominating someday

I don't think we are gonna be able to move up and get Jake, it's up to the other teams to let him get to number 5.

tammietailgator
04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
This whole jared issue makes me kinda sick feeling and a little dizzy! We have what a week before the draft? :sign0153:

texaschief
04-18-2008, 02:31 PM
If the trade happens, it'll be before monday. I don't think the Bucs have the pieces necessary to trade for Allen. The Bucs only have 5 picks this year.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 02:54 PM
This whole jared issue makes me kinda sick feeling and a little dizzy! We have what a week before the draft? :sign0153:

Me too, but he already said he won't sign a contract with the Chiefs, and I believe him.

We cannot afford to franchise him every year, so let's get the best we can for him.

If the trade happens, it'll be before monday. I don't think the Bucs have the pieces necessary to trade for Allen. The Bucs only have 5 picks this year.

The Vikes don't even want to let him leave Minnesota, I wish the Bucs had more picks so there would be more pressure on the Vikes to give us a Wow deal.

texaschief
04-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Me too, but he already said he won't sign a contract with the Chiefs, and I believe him.

We cannot afford to franchise him every year, so let's get the best we can for him.

The Vikes don't even want to let him leave Minnesota, I wish the Bucs had more picks so there would be more pressure on the Vikes to give us a Wow deal.

While picks would be nice, we should remember that current players are also eligible to be traded. :lol:

hermhater
04-18-2008, 03:21 PM
While picks would be nice, we should remember that current players are also eligible to be traded. :lol:

Hey mcrow if you read this thread, who would the Vikes be willing to give up on the O line?

mcrow
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey mcrow if you read this thread, who would the Vikes be willing to give up on the O line?

The only one they might give up is McKinnie and I don't think you guys want him.

rbedgood
04-18-2008, 06:08 PM

The Bucs do have some intriguing O-linemen that could be thrown in the deal?!

Davin Joseph (RG) and Jeremy Trueblood (RT) are both solid and young (2006 draft picks)...

Not sure if Tampa would be willing to part with either, but both would provide big improvements on the O-line and also would allow the Chiefs to fix the O-line in one draft, while still attending to a couple other needs this year (CB & DT).

I know this is against Herm's philosophy (Cover-2) but the personnel would then lend itself better to a 3-4 scheme with the talent you guys have at linebacker.

leaves
04-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I dont think there's gonna be a trade between players. Just 2 or so draft picks for Allen... if it happens.

hermhater
04-18-2008, 06:23 PM
The Bucs do have some intriguing O-linemen that could be thrown in the deal?!

Davin Joseph (RG) and Jeremy Trueblood (RT) are both solid and young (2006 draft picks)...

Not sure if Tampa would be willing to part with either, but both would provide big improvements on the O-line and also would allow the Chiefs to fix the O-line in one draft, while still attending to a couple other needs this year (CB & DT).

I know this is against Herm's philosophy (Cover-2) but the personnel would then lend itself better to a 3-4 scheme with the talent you guys have at linebacker.

I like the sound of that if Jared even leaves MN.

I dont think there's gonna be a trade between players. Just 2 or so draft picks for Allen... if it happens.

That better not happen.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 02:33 AM
It's a bigpappachief siting! I think it's a mistake to not sign him to a multi year deal. The Draft can, and often times is, a crap shoot. At least we know what we have with Allen.

Canada
04-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Getting the picks would be fine by me. If we could manage to turn those picks into a successful draft. I don't think Jared wants to be here anymore and that sucks, but I do not want another bad attitude player on the team. LJ is enough from me. If we could get Chris Long in the 5th spot and Clady later in the first round then turn the third pick into a starter then it is worth the trade. Keeping a guy here that does not want to be here is pointless. No matter how good he is.

McLovin
04-19-2008, 10:57 AM
How bout we get rid of Carl and Herm and make JA want to stay here, then get some other real talent around him with a coach and GM that want to use it and know how to use it.

BTW the way this is leading I wouldnt doubt that the upgrades of Arrowhead are going to be used by some other kind of team and I can see KC pulling out and going to that new stadium in LA, am starting to believe that this is the goal and Clark is pulling for it. Lamar is turning over in his grave by now, that I am sure of.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 11:56 AM
How bout we get rid of Carl and Herm and make JA want to stay here, then get some other real talent around him with a coach and GM that want to use it and know how to use it.

BTW the way this is leading I wouldnt doubt that the upgrades of Arrowhead are going to be used by some other kind of team and I can see KC pulling out and going to that new stadium in LA, am starting to believe that this is the goal and Clark is pulling for it. Lamar is turning over in his grave by now, that I am sure of.

EGGSACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree, although I don't see it happening.

royalswin100games
04-19-2008, 01:47 PM

You are very wise my friend. BTW, nice car. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
This better not be Clarks way of getting the Chiefs out of KC.

There are way too many LOYAL fans here and around the world!

:mob:

chief31
04-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I've heard J.A. say "If the Chiefs don't want me..." (More or less), but still no evidence of Jared not wanting to be here.

hermhater
04-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I've heard J.A. say "If the Chiefs don't want me..." (More or less), but still no evidence of Jared not wanting to be here.

Is saying he wants to play for another team evidence of him not wanting to be here?

chief31
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Is saying he wants to play for another team evidence of him not wanting to be here?

Show me that.

Canada
04-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Is this thread seriously about the Chiefs moving to LA now? Damn, I knew you guys were pessimistic, but geez. JA might get traded and the whole f'in franchise is moving now? Unreal!

royalswin100games
04-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Is this thread seriously about the Chiefs moving to LA now? Damn, I knew you guys were pessimistic, but geez. JA might get traded and the whole f'in franchise is moving now? Unreal!

I agree it's a little silly to speculate about that but I wouldn't put it past Carl. He did go to UCLA.

Canada
04-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree it's a little silly to speculate about that but I wouldn't put it past Carl. He did go to UCLA.

then why did he not try it over the last 20 years? I mean, I am pretty sure he did not take the GMs job just to try and outlive Lamar so that he could then try and convince his son to move the team to LA. That seems more that "a little" silly to me!

texaschief
04-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Really? 3rd in attendance last year for a 4-12 team and you think the Hunts want to move this team? You've got to be joking. :sign0104:

hermhater
04-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Show me that.

“I love this town,” he was saying. “The people here are great. The fans are the best. But … I’m excited about going somewhere new. I’m looking at this as a new challenge. I mean, it would be really cool to go play somewhere else, like a new adventure.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/582529.html

Does that do it for you?

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 05:36 PM
I seriously can't stand Carl Peterson.

nigeriannightmare
04-19-2008, 06:15 PM

Look what happened in Cleveland after they voted fro a $175 million renovation project to upgrade their stadium. Art moved them the next freaking day. Anything is possible when hundreds of millions of dollars are involved. I think every voter sued him, but he still did it.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Look what happened in Cleveland after they voted fro a $175 million renovation project to upgrade their stadium. Art moved them the next freaking day. Anything is possible when hundreds of millions of dollars are involved. I think every voter sued him, but he still did it.

I'm not saying that isn't possible but I simpy don't see that happening here.

royalswin100games
04-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Really? 3rd in attendance last year for a 4-12 team and you think the Hunts want to move this team? You've got to be joking. :sign0104:

Who were you referring to?

texaschief
04-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Who were you referring to?

Anyone who thinks that any owner would move a team from a city where they've been setting record attendance records for at least a decade and where the fan base is still in the top 3 in attendance during a 4-12 season. That's just nonsense.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Anyone who thinks that any owner would move a team from a city where they've been setting record attendance records for at least a decade and where the fan base is still in the top 3 in attendance during a 4-12 season. That's just nonsense.

I agree with you in principle, but its not totally out of the realm of possibilities, however, not probable as it may be. Look at the Cleveland Browns.

royalswin100games
04-19-2008, 07:54 PM

Well then I agree with you.

texaschief
04-19-2008, 07:57 PM
I agree with you in principle, but its not totally out of the realm of possibilities, however, not probable as it may be. Look at the Cleveland Browns.

LA doesn't have a stadium and no NFL team will move to play in the old Coliseum, especially the Chiefs. Move from one old stadium to another? no.

Besides, moving from KC to LA would be a lateral move at best for the Hunts. LA has had NFL teams before and couldn't do enough to support them. Why would you risk a top 5 attendance for a city who's had two chances to support a team and couldn't handle it?

It's a poor business risk and the Hunts haven't made too many of those in the past.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 08:00 PM
LA doesn't have a stadium and no NFL team will move to play in the old Coliseum, especially the Chiefs. Move from one old stadium to another? no.

Besides, moving from KC to LA would be a lateral move at best for the Hunts. LA has had NFL teams before and couldn't do enough to support them. Why would you risk a top 5 attendance for a city who's had two chances to support a team and couldn't handle it?

It's a poor business risk and the Hunts haven't made too many of those in the past.

Agreed, I to don't see it happening; just playing devils advocate.

texaschief
04-19-2008, 08:01 PM

stop :lol:

Canada
04-19-2008, 11:13 PM

This thread progressed from a possible JA trade to KC moving to LA. I don't think there is too much need for someone to play devil's advocate.

hermhater
04-19-2008, 11:54 PM
This thread degenerated from a possible JA trade to KC moving to LA. I don't think there is too much need for someone to play devil's advocate.

Yep!

:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-20-2008, 12:10 AM

Plus they are putting a lot of $ into Arrowhead! Hunts will not move the Chiefs!

tornadospotter
04-20-2008, 12:13 AM
stop :lol:
Yeah stop, or texaschief will have to give his sig to you!:yahoo: :lol:

texaschief
04-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah stop, or texaschief will have to give his sig to you!:yahoo: :lol:

exactly....that's supposed to be my niche on this board.:lol: :lol:

Guru
04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
this thread has jumped the shark.

hermhater
04-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Notice how I fixed your post there big guy?

I forgot to say FYP so I thought I would revisit the issue!

:bananen_smiles046:

hermhater
04-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Yep!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=82311&posted=1#post82311

hermhater
04-20-2008, 01:47 AM
this thread has jumped the shark.

You're a towel!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/194.jpg

chief31
04-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Does that do it for you?

“I love this town,” he was saying. “The people here are great. The fans are the best. But … I’m excited about going somewhere new. I’m looking at this as a new challenge. I mean, it would be really cool to go play somewhere else, like a new adventure.”

Do you see the three dots there? That means that something has been removed from his statement. And, either way, he is being shoved out the door. I wouldn't expect him be crying and begging Carl to stay here.

The only reason that he is playing this "game", is because he isn't wanted here. You can all neglect the facts, and pretend that Jared doesn't want to be here, but every indication is that he does want to be here, but that the Chiefs don't want him.

hermhater
04-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Do you see the three dots there? That means that something has been removed from his statement. And, either way, he is being shoved out the door. I wouldn't expect him be crying and begging Carl to stay here.

The only reason that he is playing this "game", is because he isn't wanted here. You can all neglect the facts, and pretend that Jared doesn't want to be here, but every indication is that he does want to be here, but that the Chiefs don't want him.

Seriously?

jerhart
04-21-2008, 08:41 AM

It's Monday! :bananen_smilies046:

This needs too happen real soon....say before this weekend!! :mob:

Random question: I think with Favre leaving that the packers will be the youngest team. I know we were one of the oldest last years but we have cleaned house. Does anyone know approx what we will be ranked in the league in how young we are after we draft all these kids?
I mean it sucks we are rebuilding, but it may be nice having young athletes for a change instead of aging veterans.

DrunkHillbilly
04-21-2008, 11:21 AM

What indications would these be?

I don't believe this for a second! He probably doesn't see the DUI incedent as much of an issue at this point and CP still has it in his head. He feels that CP is giving him a raw deal and treating him like crap! I totally believe that if he gets the deal he wants, he would leave in a second! I saw this morning that he left MN without a tender but it wouldn't surprise me if he takes less money to play somewhere else. I think he is fed up with this organization even though he's only been here a few years. Who can blame him with the way things have been ran the last several years!!

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM

I don't believe this for a second! He probably doesn't see the DUI incedent as much of an issue at this point and CP still has it in his head. He feels that CP is giving him a raw deal and treating him like crap! I totally believe that if he gets the deal he wants, he would leave in a second! I saw this morning that he left MN without a tender but it wouldn't surprise me if he takes less money to play somewhere else. I think he is fed up with this organization even though he's only been here a few years. Who can blame him with the way things have been ran the last several years!!

No contract agreement yet between Allen, Vikings

No deal yet between Allen, Vikings
Defensive end Jared Allen left Minnesota on Sunday without agreeing on a contract with the Vikings. The Chiefs and Vikings also had not agreed to terms of a trade that would send the discontented Allen to Minnesota in return for draft picks.
The trade terms appear to be the bigger impediment. An NFL source indicated that Allen and the Vikings were close enough to an agreement that one could likely be hammered out if the two teams agree on the draft-pick compensation.
Allen could make a visit this week to see the Buccaneers in Tampa.
Allen, who led the NFL in sacks last season with 15 1/2 , has wanted out of Kansas City since negotiations for a long-term contract broke down last year.
The Chiefs made Allen their franchise player this year and are obligated to offer him a one-year, $8.9 million contract.
He is free to sign a contract offer sheet with the Vikings, Bucs or any other team. The Chiefs would have the right to match.
If they decline, they would receive two first-round draft picks from Allen’s new team. Vikings coach Brad Childress told reporters in Minnesota last week the Vikings would not trade two first-round picks for Allen.

- Adam Teicher

hermhater
04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I fully believe that if the Bucs don't sign him, the Vikes will wait until after the draft and use the poison pill clause to snatch him up.

kcmodore
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't want to lose him but if it happens we will still get decent compensation. The Vikings D will be better but they have more of a qb issue than we do, assuming we can get Brodie protected. So the picks we receive should be okay. I'll admit it would be better if we get at least one of them in '08.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I fully believe that if the Bucs don't sign him, the Vikes will wait until after the draft and use the poison pill clause to snatch him up.

Allen departs, but for how long?

The Kansas City defensive end left impressed after a visit. A trip to Tampa Bay looms, but the Vikings appear ready to offer a lucrative multiyear deal.
By JUDD ZULGAD (http://www.startribune.com/bios/10646311.html), Star Tribune
Last update: April 20, 2008 - 11:52 PM

Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen returned home to the West Coast on Sunday, but the Vikings remained cautiously optimistic he will be wearing purple before next weekend's NFL draft.
Allen completed his two-day visit with the Vikings on Saturday -- NFL rules allow the team to have him in town for only 48 hours -- and clearly things went well. "I can't really go into anything now outside of how impressed [Jared] has been with the organization here," Allen's agent, Ken Harris, wrote in an e-mail. "Myself, too."
While Harris would not comment, it's believed the Vikings and Allen are close to a multiyear contract agreement that would make him one of the highest-paid defensive players in the NFL. The issue is what the Vikings would send to the Kansas City Chiefs in order to acquire Allen's rights.
Allen, 26, who led the NFL with 15.5 sacks last season despite missing two games, remains property of the Chiefs after having the franchise tag placed on him by that organization. The Vikings appear willing to trade the 17th overall pick in the first round, as well as the first of their two third-round selections (No. 73) to Kansas City in order to get one of the league's premier pass-rushing ends.
But Chiefs President Carl Peterson is thought to be asking for more. In the meantime, Allen is tentatively scheduled to meet with the Buccaneers in the early to middle part of the week in Tampa, Fla.
That trip won't happen if the Vikings are able to complete a deal with Allen and the Chiefs, but it's likely Kansas City is going to try to play the Vikings against the Buccaneers in trade talks.
The Bucs, however, are not positioned as well as the Vikings to give up 2008 picks to a Chiefs team that is rebuilding after a 4-12 finish last season and is attempting to stockpile selections. Kansas City has 10 picks in the upcoming draft.
While the Vikings have nine selections, the Buccaneers have only five. Tampa Bay's first-round pick, which certainly would have to go to Kansas City in any deal for Allen, falls three selections after the Vikings'.

Thought everyone would like to see what the Star Tribune had to say.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 12:27 PM
If Jared doesn't fly to Tampa by tomorrow, I will assume that the Vikes are gonna snatch him up after the draft and we get no picks this year.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
If Jared doesn't fly to Tampa by tomorrow, I will assume that the Vikes are gonna snatch him up after the draft and we get no picks this year.

You don't think we'll get #17 from the Vikes? I do.

BTW, I read we visited with the top CB prospect Leodis McKelvin on Friday.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I've heard we'll get #17 in the first and #73 in the third. But then I heard we didn't like that deal as well. We will see.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
You don't think we'll get #17 from the Vikes? I do.

BTW, I read we visited with the top CB prospect Leodis McKelvin on Friday.

I'm glad we talked to McKelvin, we might be taking him if we get another first round pick!

I've heard we'll get #17 in the first and #73 in the third. But then I heard we didn't like that deal as well. We will see.

If the Vikes wait until after the draft to sign Jared we won't get any of their picks until next year, and that means no McKelvin!

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm glad we talked to McKelvin, we might be taking him if we get another first round pick!

If the Vikes wait until after the draft to sign Jared we won't get any of their picks until next year, and that means no McKelvin!

I'm still drinkin' my coffee man. I'm a :sign0104:.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm still trying to find info on when Jared might travel to Tampa.

I read his agent said it would be early to mid week.

Guru
04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Subway Jarred? Who's this Jarred everyone is speaking of/

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm still trying to find info on when Jared might travel to Tampa.

I read his agent said it would be early to mid week.

I've heard he "could". I also think that the deal will be with the Vikings if there is one. Tampa only has 5 picks this year and they probably won't be willing to give them up. On the other hand, JA on the other side of Gaines Adams would be big for them. Hopefully we could take a good O-liner off their hands.

As you can see, I'm losing hope now.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Subway Jarred? Who's this Jarred everyone is speaking of/

Guru went to Jared. He went to Jared. He went to Jared. He went to Jared... and on and on and on.

Guru
04-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Guru went to Jared. He went to Jared. He went to Jared. He went to Jared... and on and on and on.
Oh, too many Jareds to keep track of. How many are there? I can't keep track.

Which one are we talking about?

I like Subway.

rbedgood
04-21-2008, 12:57 PM

DH...I guarantee he won't take less to play somewhere else, as at that point Carl would simply use the right to match the offer and JA would be back with the Chiefs. He'll sign for premium dollar, however I don't think the Vikings or Bucs if they are ready to sign him will want to risk the Chiefs matching the offer, so that is why they will either include a poison pill (a contract loophole that makes it difficult for the Chiefs to match) or they'll work out a trade.

An easy poison pill for the Vikings would be for example a $500,000 bonus for games against AFC West opponents. It only costs the Vikings $2million on a 4 year contract, but it would cost the Chiefs $12 million on the same 4 year contract. Its dirty, but it is often done. That is how the Vikes got Steve Hutchinson.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh, too many Jareds to keep track of. How many are there? I can't keep track.

Which one are we talking about?

I like Subway.

I don't. Subway is crap. :11:

We've got Jersey Mike's out here - pretty good.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 01:02 PM
DH...I guarantee he won't take less to play somewhere else, as at that point Carl would simply use the right to match the offer and JA would be back with the Chiefs. He'll sign for premium dollar, however I don't think the Vikings or Bucs if they are ready to sign him will want to risk the Chiefs matching the offer, so that is why they will either include a poison pill (a contract loophole that makes it difficult for the Chiefs to match) or they'll work out a trade.

I disagree. I've heard he may sign for 24 mil rather than 30 mil. Carl may try to match but...

An easy poison pill for the Vikings would be for example a $500,000 bonus for games against AFC West opponents. It only costs the Vikings $2million on a 4 year contract, but it would cost the Chiefs $12 million on the same 4 year contract. Its dirty, but it is often done. That is how the Vikes got Steve Hutchinson.

Your poison pill scenario makes sense. Unfortunately, the scenario would probably happen after the draft.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah, Eli Manning got married over the weekend and he went to Jared.

Guru
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh yeah, Eli Manning got married over the weekend and he went to Jared.
What a :sign0104: sucker. :lol:

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 01:09 PM
What a :sign0104: sucker. :lol:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/119.jpg

She's aight. He's a :sign0104:.

Guru
04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
What a corny looking tux.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 01:32 PM

It's not even a tux, he's wearing a suit at his own wedding!

Real class!

:lol:

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 01:34 PM

It's not even a tux, he's wearing a suit at his own wedding!

Real class!

We all know he's a dufus. Look at his press conferences. His wife looks pretty good.

DrunkHillbilly
04-21-2008, 06:05 PM

In reality, the poison pill rule equals less money overall. I believe that the trade between the Chiefs and Vikings will take place however after the draft there by giving the Chiefs a 1st and 3rd from the Vikings. Would have been nice for them to come to an agreement before the trade so we could have possibly gotten two first rounders but then again, that's why they won't make it happen until after the draft.

Put Tim Tebow on the list of people the Chiefs will look at in the 2009 draft. Along with the guy from Miss. I believe. Suppose to be the best at his position since Anthony Munoz.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 06:15 PM
In reality, the poison pill rule equals less money overall.

Please explain??

DrunkHillbilly
04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Please explain??
Based on rbedgood's theory, $12 mil for Chiefs and $2 mill for Vikings against AFC West would lower the deal alone.

I had heard the same as Royals about him accepting somewhere in the area of $24 million to be able to sign with someone who is more of a contender than the Chiefs. The Vikings would fit that model. In the beginning he was wanting premium money but now I think he is so fed up with the whole deal that he will accept a lower deal. Don't get me wrong, he's not going to turn money down but now I think he has his sights on screwing CP any way he possibly can!!

hermhater
04-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Based on rbedgood's theory, $12 mil for Chiefs and $2 mill for Vikings against AFC West would lower the deal alone.

I had heard the same as Royals about him accepting somewhere in the area of $24 million to be able to sign with someone who is more of a contender than the Chiefs. The Vikings would fit that model. In the beginning he was wanting premium money but now I think he is so fed up with the whole deal that he will accept a lower deal. Don't get me wrong, he's not going to turn money down but now I think he has his sights on screwing CP any way he possibly can!!

I agree with the second part of the post completely, but I guess I'm slow...

I still don't quite get what you're saying with the first part.

What do you mean it would lower the deal?

DrunkHillbilly
04-21-2008, 08:43 PM
I agree with the second part of the post completely, but I guess I'm slow...

I still don't quite get what you're saying with the first part.

What do you mean it would lower the deal?
rbedgood theory is this:

The way I see it is that this makes the deal that the Vikings would sign JA to would be less than if the Chiefs resigned him. Therefore, he would intern be taking less money than the Chiefs were offering.

DrunkHillbilly
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
By the way, I was talking scenarios to a guy today and he was telling me he wasn't sure if we resigned Donnie Edwards. Was his deal a 1 year deal last season? If or when JA goes, this while wreek havac on the draft!!

tornadospotter
04-21-2008, 09:03 PM
rbedgood theory is this:

The way I see it is that this makes the deal that the Vikings would sign JA to would be less than if the Chiefs resigned him. Therefore, he would intern be taking less money than the Chiefs were offering.
DH if the Chiefs decide to match the vikes offer, with this poison pill in the vikes offer, do the chiefs have to agree to that contract, or just the amount of money in contract.

DrunkHillbilly
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
DH if the Chiefs decide to match the vikes offer, with this poison pill in the vikes offer, do the chiefs have to agree to that contract, or just the amount of money in contract.
Just the bottom line money I believe. As rbedgood said, it's just a dirty way for teams to incentivise (??) contracts for players to choose them over other teams I think.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
rbedgood theory is this:

It is not often done, it has only been done twice as far as I know. The Vikes did it to the Hawks last year, so the Hawks did right back to them.

Also I believe there is some uncertainty about how the Pats were able to get Welker from Miami, I'm not sure if that involves the use of a "poison pill", or if it was just collusion between the owners of the teams.

I don't think it would make the money that Jared gets any less, it is simply a tactic used so that the Chiefs CAN'T POSSIBLY match the contract offered by the Vikes.

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't think it would make the money that Jared gets any less, it is simply a tactic used so that the Chiefs CAN'T POSSIBLY match the contract offered by the Vikes.

...like 250k bonus every time the vikes play an afc west team. Look, I'm catching on. Just cause I destroy brain cells...

hermhater
04-21-2008, 10:44 PM
...like 250k bonus every time the vikes play an afc west team. Look, I'm catching on. Just cause I destroy brain cells...

There ya go!

Kill some more!

Chiefster
04-21-2008, 10:51 PM
What's this thread about?

hermhater
04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
What's this thread about?

First there were the dinosaurs but they all died and turned into oil; then came the Arabs...

chief31
04-21-2008, 11:50 PM
rbedgood theory is this:

Actually, by inserting the "poison pill" it is just making it to where the Chiefs are incapable of matching the offer. The Vikings give him all that he wants in a contract, and they make it to where K.C. would have to pay double, just to match the contract. I doubt that the Chiefs are able to offer him double what he wants.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Actually, by inserting the "poison pill" it is just making it to where the Chiefs are incapable of matching the offer. The Vikings give him all that he wants in a contract, and they make it to where K.C. would have to pay double, just to match the contract. I doubt that the Chiefs are able to offer him double what he wants.

Nice explanation.

Did you ever hear about the collusion allegations against the Phins and Pats?

DrunkHillbilly
04-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Kinda my point. You explained it better. Thanks. In the end the Vikings would pay less than the Chiefs would have to because of this.

Coach
04-22-2008, 12:48 AM
By the way, I was talking scenarios to a guy today and he was telling me he wasn't sure if we resigned Donnie Edwards. Was his deal a 1 year deal last season? If or when JA goes, this while wreek havac on the draft!!

Donnie Edwards signed a 3-yr deal.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=222&Itemid=2

peekaboo224
04-22-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm kinda of torn about this JA issue. I hate to see him leave the Chiefs as he is one of the few bright things about the team right now. However, I live in MN now and have to watch the Vikes as the Chiefs are only one once or twice a year if that. I just hope that if he leaves, we get some good draft picks and that the adminstration doesn't screw up and pick some dudes. I hate rebuiding years.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 03:38 AM
I'm kinda of torn about this JA issue. I hate to see him leave the Chiefs as he is one of the few bright things about the team right now. However, I live in MN now and have to watch the Vikes as the Chiefs are only one once or twice a year if that. I just hope that if he leaves, we get some good draft picks and that the adminstration doesn't screw up and pick some dudes. I hate rebuiding years.

I am a sick indiviual. Everybody knows it. But I think it bears repetition. I am a sick individual.

chief31
04-22-2008, 07:30 AM
You still suck timsatt

You are a homo.
Pssst! This one definitely isn't. This one has been on here in the past, long before Tim was. :D

peekaboo224
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
That's pretty sad that you have to refer to me as a homo for having a simple opinion about JA. That is so childish. Is everyone a homo that doesn't agree with you?

derrickjohnsontribute
04-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Guys,
What I can't figure out is - What are we going to do to address our offensive line needs?

Can we get someone there at number 17? (Minnesota's pick)...Probably not. I think we might trade down from five and get a pick between 11-14 to take an O-lineman.

DJT

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 09:18 AM
That's pretty sad that you have to refer to me as a homo for having a simple opinion about JA. That is so childish. Is everyone a homo that doesn't agree with you?

He thought you were someone else.

chief31
04-22-2008, 09:20 AM

Please don't take that personally. HH is just a bit paranoid about a former member, who likes to create multiple accounts and be a royal pain in th ***.

He was thinking that you were him. Otherwise, I am sure he would not have behaved so poorly.

Many of us remember you from previous visits, and you are in no way similar to that person.

So, on behalf of the crowd, I apologize for HHs insults. They are being removed now.

Bad HH! Baaaad! Now, GET IN YOUR HOLE!!!:D

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Please don't take that personally. HH is just a bit paranoid about a former member, who likes to create multiple accounts and be a royal pain in th ***.

He was thinking that you were him. Otherwise, I am sure he would not have behaved so poorly.

Many of us remember you from previous visits, and you are in no way similar to that person.

So, on behalf of the crowd, I apologize for HHs insults. They are being removed now.

Bad HH! Baaaad! Now, GET IN YOUR HOLE!!!:D

:sign0098: Nicely done.

chief31
04-22-2008, 09:23 AM
:sign0098: Nicely done.

Did you see where HHs reply was somehow editted? :lol:

chief31
04-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Guys,
What I can't figure out is - What are we going to do to address our offensive line needs?

Can we get someone there at number 17? (Minnesota's pick)...Probably not. I think we might trade down from five and get a pick between 11-14 to take an O-lineman.

DJT

IF this horrible trade does go through, then there are several first-early second round OTs available. Of course, the further down that list you look, the more risk is involved.

Unfortunately, we will have to use our no.5 pick on the hopes that Chris Long, or Vernon Gholston can one day become anything similar to what Jared Allen has become. Which immediately knocks us out of the running for either OT Jake Long, or OT Ryan Clady.

Also, the top CBs are rated around the area of the seventeenth overall pick. Which means that Herm is likely to select a CB, and leave the O-line for the early-second-round pick. Basically, that means that we are probably going to be scraping the bottom of the top-teir barrell for our first O-line pick.

Well, that about covers one of the three starting o-line positions that we have open. I would assume that we will be throwing some garbage free-agents at the other two starting spots.

But, hey! Eventhough our offense won't likely be much better, at least, with J.A. gone, our defense won't be too much worse.

Wait...What are we building here?

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Did you see where HHs reply was somehow editted? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hermhater
04-22-2008, 04:29 PM

I apologize for my comment to you.

Please accept my apologies and welcome back to the site.

Once again, I am a sick individual and need to be a better person.

:biggrin:

hermhater
04-22-2008, 04:36 PM
But, hey! Eventhough our offense won't likely be much better, at least, with J.A. gone, our defense won't be too much worse.

Coach
04-22-2008, 06:43 PM
IF this horrible trade does go through, then there are several first-early second round OTs available. Of course, the further down that list you look, the more risk is involved.

Unfortunately, we will have to use our no.5 pick on the hopes that Chris Long, or Vernon Gholston can one day become anything similar to what Jared Allen has become. Which immediately knocks us out of the running for either OT Jake Long, or OT Ryan Clady.

Also, the top CBs are rated around the area of the seventeenth overall pick. Which means that Herm is likely to select a CB, and leave the O-line for the early-second-round pick. Basically, that means that we are probably going to be scraping the bottom of the top-teir barrell for our first O-line pick.

Well, that about covers one of the three starting o-line positions that we have open. I would assume that we will be throwing some garbage free-agents at the other two starting spots.

you hit the nail.

rbedgood
04-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I apologize for my comment to you.

Please accept my apologies and welcome back to the site.

Once again, I am a short individual and need to be a taller person.

FYP...

hermhater
04-23-2008, 06:05 PM
FYP...

I can't wait until I get this scanner working for my mom.

I am gonna show you how us little guys have been owning you big dudes since we have been kids.

rbedgood
04-25-2008, 10:50 AM

I am gonna show you how us little guys have been owning you big dudes since we have been kids.

Ummm....yeahhhhhhh.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/167.jpg

anaeelbackwards
04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Ummm....yeahhhhhhh.

ROTFLMAO~!:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-25-2008, 03:38 PM

Ummm....yeahhhhhhh.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/170.jpg

See that guy on the ground there?

That's not my son, it's a dude that he just owned.

He is 2 or 3 years younger than all the other guys on the field and makes them cry for their mother whenever he gets the ball!

See the lady in the background? She has to change that big dudes diapers when they get home because my boy scared the crap out of him!

:yahoo:

Canada
04-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I see he has outgrown you already!! I can tell cause he is taller than the soccer ball!!

hermhater
04-25-2008, 04:49 PM
I see he has outgrown you already!! I can tell cause he is taller than the soccer ball!!

Actually that photo is from a year ago, but he has outgrown me now!

:11:

rbedgood
04-25-2008, 11:42 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/170.jpg

See that guy on the ground there?

That's not my son, it's a dude that he just owned.

He is 2 or 3 years younger than all the other guys on the field and makes them cry for their mother whenever he gets the ball!

See the lady in the background? She has to change that big dudes diapers when they get home because my boy scared the crap out of him!

:yahoo:

SOCCER STILL SUCKS!!!!

Canada
04-25-2008, 11:43 PM
SOCCER STILL SUCKS!!!!

Was there a time when we thought it didn't suck?

rbedgood
04-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Was there a time when we thought it didn't suck?

No, but the runt seems to have forgotten.

hermhater
04-26-2008, 03:38 AM
As soon as I get around to being gay, you guys can blow me.

Canada
04-26-2008, 08:33 AM
As soon as I get around to being gay, you guys can blow me.

One foot in the closet one foot outta the closet!!

....not that there is anything wrong with that!! :lol:

texaschief
04-26-2008, 01:34 PM
this last page and a half has become the best thread i've ever seen on this site!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefs08champs
04-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Money hungry drunk. Who cares about him now. time to focus on the future.

hermhater
04-27-2008, 02:26 PM
this last page and a half has become the best thread i've ever seen on this site!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks!

Money hungry drunk. Who cares about him now. time to focus on the future.

Are you talking about me?

Chiefs08champs
04-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks!

Are you talking about me?

LOL no. Jared Allen of course.

hermhater
04-27-2008, 02:30 PM
LOL no. Jared Allen of course.

I thought so, I was just messin' with you.