PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating!!

Canada
04-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Anyone attending the home opener that has any thoughts or ideas concerning tailgating, please post them here. :bananen_smilies046:

Guru
04-19-2008, 12:52 AM
MEAT!!! heh

Coach
04-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Beer, ice, and beanbag game.

hermhater
04-19-2008, 01:13 AM
I think we should be getting a tent because it will still be nasty hot here in KC then, and a port-a-potty because there will be women and children attending the game.

And beer!

:yahoo:

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 01:21 AM
MEAT!!! heh

I second that!

hermhater
04-19-2008, 01:27 AM
I second that!

Hey bud, you're one of the folks I'm trying to help out here.

5-10 dollars a person could save a lot of trouble for the family.

Granted, that is almost the price of another ticket, but we might get parking passes included in a group together and that could save money.

I agree with the meat idea, and that is being taken care of, but don't you want to not have to walk your daughters across the parking lot and stand with them in line every time they have to go potty?

I think the port a potty is the BIGGEST issue we should discuss.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Hey bud, you're one of the folks I'm trying to help out here.

5-10 dollars a person could save a lot of trouble for the family.

Granted, that is almost the price of another ticket, but we might get parking passes included in a group together and that could save money.

I agree with the meat idea, and that is being taken care of, but don't you want to not have to walk your daughters across the parking lot and stand with them in line every time they have to go potty?

I think the port a potty is the BIGGEST issue we should discuss.

Kenny and Gregory are my daughters???? Do you know something I don't?
j/k

I was just agreeing with Guru about the meat issue.

Guru
04-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Kenny and Gregory are my daughters???? Do you know something I don't?
j/k

I was just agreeing with Guru about the meat issue.

Everyone else knew about the operations. Where were you?

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Everyone else knew about the operations. Where were you?

Spending quality time with the wife watching "The Mist" and "Michael Clayton". Both of which were a complete waste of money.

Guru
04-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Spending quality time with the wife watching "The Mist" and "Michael Clayton". Both of which were a complete waste of money.

Haven't seen The MIst but I kind of liked Clayton.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 02:29 AM
Haven't seen The MIst but I kind of liked Clayton.

The very end of Clayton was good. The Mist does not, repeat, does NOT end right.

tornadospotter
04-19-2008, 09:05 AM
We buy meat! Cook meat, then eat meat!:character00267: and drink :bananen_smilies046: and :toast2: .

wolfpack
04-19-2008, 09:55 AM
so far at the rate this offseason is going and what i have heard and seen, tickets this year have been selling below face value.

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
We buy meat! Cook meat, then eat meat!:character00267: and drink :bananen_smilies046: and :toast2: .

Sounds like a plan.

tammietailgator
04-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Seems to be coming together very well.... I think I mentioned in the chat box that I will take care of side dishes such as potato salad, chips, dip, snacks... etc...

I also plan on bringing coolers and grills.

hermhater
04-19-2008, 12:52 PM
so far at the rate this offseason is going and what i have heard and seen, tickets this year have been selling below face value.

We are buying them in groups from Arrowhead, so I guess we will be paying face value.

Seems to be coming together very well.... I think I mentioned in the chat box that I will take care of side dishes such as potato salad, chips, dip, snacks... etc...

Kick *** tammie!

hermhater
04-19-2008, 12:55 PM
The very end of Clayton was good. The Mist does not, repeat, does NOT end right.

COMPLETELY AGREE!

THAT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME, DO NOT WATCH THE MIST!

:mob:

Canada
04-19-2008, 03:11 PM

Tickets aren't on sale yet

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 05:39 PM
COMPLETELY AGREE!

THAT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME, DO NOT WATCH THE MIST!

:mob:

Exactly, had I realized that it was a Stephen King...

Guru
04-19-2008, 05:46 PM

I like that sigTammie.:yahoo:

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 06:20 PM

That is a cool sig! Rep for that tammie-girl! :yahoo:

tammietailgator
04-19-2008, 06:44 PM

Thanks! I plan on keeping this one until we beat the Raiders at the homeopener. I may add to it though.
:D

Chiefster;82210]That is a cool sig! Rep for that tammie-girl! :yahoo:[/quote]

Thanks for the rep!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
04-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks! I plan on keeping this one until we beat the Raiders at the homeopener. I may add to it though.

Chiefster;82210]That is a cool sig! Rep for that tammie-girl! :yahoo:

Thanks for the rep!! :bananen_smilies046:[/quote]

:bananen_smilies046:

garciakcfan
04-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I read in another post about someone that can get some meat??? What cuts are you able to get? I was thinking some barbecue turkey legs, Jim Beam steamed baby back ribs with homemade rub and bbq sauce, Clams, Burgers, brats. Ill think of some more as time goes but this is a start and definitely throw some ideas around and we can go from there. I would love to grill at arrowhead. Thanks

tammietailgator
04-20-2008, 10:54 PM
I read in another post about someone that can get some meat??? What cuts are you able to get? I was thinking some barbecue turkey legs, Jim Beam steamed baby back ribs with homemade rub and bbq sauce, Clams, Burgers, brats. Ill think of some more as time goes but this is a start and definitely throw some ideas around and we can go from there. I would love to grill at arrowhead. Thanks
Are you an angel?:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Are you an angel?:bananen_smilies046:

Yes I am!

tammietailgator
04-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Yes I am!

HH... your halo is tilted again.:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-20-2008, 11:08 PM

That sounds fanfriggintastic guy!!!!

Make sure you check back in everyday with more suggestions!

:sign0098: :beer:

HH... your halo is tilted again.:bananen_smilies046:

I'm a gansta angel, I wear it like on purpose!

tornadospotter
04-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Check your inbox dude I sent you a pm. about the tailgate.

Canada
04-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Check your inbox dude I sent you a pm. about the tailgate.

I hope it is about food.....or beer!! .....or food and beer, that would kick ***!! :beer:

royalswin100games
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
I hope it is about food.....or beer!! .....or food and beer, that would kick ***!! :beer:

:lol:

royalswin100games
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Anaheim is about to lose.

tammietailgator
04-20-2008, 11:22 PM

:yahoo:[/quote]

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day!

hermhater
04-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Anaheim is about to lose.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day![/quote]

tammietailgator: 1000 plus posts and still can't master the "quote" function!

:sign0098: :lol:

tammietailgator
04-20-2008, 11:30 PM
That is the funniest thing I have heard all day!

:sign0098: :lol:[/QUOTE]
I quoted you didn't I ?

Canada
04-20-2008, 11:31 PM

:sign0098: :lol:
I quoted you didn't I ?[/quote]

Thats the problem. It is bad enough that we have to read his posts once, then you go quoting them!! :lol:

hermhater
04-20-2008, 11:34 PM
This is your quote. This is your quote on tammie.

:lol:

anaeelbackwards
04-21-2008, 08:11 PM
meat meat and lots of bbq sauce.

beer beer and lots of beer...

anddddddddddddddddddddd............

this is definitely what we need my friends!

this old lady rocks, she is my hero!

YouTube - Old Lady and the Beer Bong

hermhater
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
meat meat and lots of bbq sauce.

beer beer and lots of beer...

anddddddddddddddddddddd............

this is definitely what we need my friends!

this old lady rocks, she is my hero!

YouTube - Old Lady and the Beer Bong (http://youtube.com/watch?v=nPVrHE18hp4)

That is kick ***!!!!

I want her at our tailgate!

Polleo Pit Man
04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I guess I didnt realize our home opener was against the raiders. I will definately be there!:drunkhb:

hermhater
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I guess I didnt realize our home opener was against the raiders. I will definately be there!:drunkhb:

Excellent!

We bought a big *** group of 33 tickets, upper and lower levels.

You need to get a hold of Canada though, I don't think there are any seats left with us, but I'm sure someone will not be able to make it.

Polleo Pit Man
04-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Excellent!

We bought a big *** group of 33 tickets, upper and lower levels.

You need to get a hold of Canada though, I don't think there are any seats left with us, but I'm sure someone will not be able to make it.

My "faider fan" buddy wants to go again this years and maybe a couple other friends? We will probably have to get our own tixs i suppose but would love to hang out with everyone!

Canada
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
My "faider fan" buddy wants to go again this years and maybe a couple other friends? We will probably have to get our own tixs i suppose but would love to hang out with everyone!

How many do you need? I may still be able to get some

Polleo Pit Man
04-22-2008, 12:52 AM
How many do you need? I may still be able to get some
i would say prolly 4 i will want.

Guru
04-22-2008, 12:57 AM

He is not an annoying faider fan is he? I mean, he is a good sport win or lose right?

tammietailgator
04-22-2008, 01:04 AM
He is not an annoying faider fan is he? I mean, he is a good sport win or lose right?
As long as he can take the beating... I don't see why not. I have been with faider fans (we have actually turned on) they can be fun!:yahoo:

Polleo Pit Man
04-22-2008, 01:06 AM
yeah he's ok. we hung with yzilla last year. had a great time!

Polleo Pit Man
04-22-2008, 01:08 AM
we will prolly just get our own tickets. but will need to hangout and tailgate with ya's

hermhater
04-22-2008, 01:10 AM
As long as he can take the beating... I don't see why not. I have been with faider fans (we have actually turned on) they can be fun!:yahoo:

Damn tammie threatens to beat up the faders fan!

:scared2:

hermhater
04-22-2008, 01:11 AM
we will prolly just get our own tickets. but will need to hangout and tailgate with ya's

That will definitely happen!

Guru
04-22-2008, 01:19 AM

And just how did you turn him on?

hermhater
04-22-2008, 01:30 AM

Ummm...

tammietailgator
04-22-2008, 01:32 AM
I really didn't mean to post that.. I meant we turned him into a Chiefs fan... turning him on could have had something to do with it .... not sure!:D

Polleo Pit Man
04-22-2008, 01:34 AM
I really didn't mean to post that.. I meant we turned him into a Chiefs fan... turning him on could have had something to do with it .... not sure!:D
Not only does she train dogs, she trains raider fans.:drunkhb:

Guru
04-22-2008, 01:38 AM

I just could not resist that one. :yahoo:

hermhater
04-22-2008, 02:37 AM
This sounds like hail.

Pacific Chief
07-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Damn, wish I could go. I was going to try to head to Europe for Sep, but a Chiefs home game? Hmmm, anyone have a couch I can crash on? It's hard being a Chiefs fan living in Oakland.....I hate the Raiders so much.:mob:

tornadospotter
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Damn, wish I could go. I was going to try to head to Europe for Sep, but a Chiefs home game? Hmmm, anyone have a couch I can crash on? It's hard being a Chiefs fan living in Oakland.....I hate the Raiders so much.:mob:
You live in Oakland, Then you are living in a black place! You must be a glowing beacon to the lost souls of faderland! Bring them to the light and away from the dark side! :36: :10:

Coach
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM

We negotiated pretty cheap room rates at one of the local hotels if you are interested.

Chiefster
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Not only does she train dogs, she trains raider fans.:drunkhb:

She's a multi faceted person. :D

tammietailgator
07-03-2008, 12:42 AM
I will train them into chiefs fans and then move on to the donkeys... but donkeys tend to be dumb and stubborn... :lol:

YZILLA
07-05-2008, 12:56 PM

No Guru , I hung out with him last year and they are very cool ! Great guys and I would hang out with them anytime.

YZILLA
07-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Polleo remember to get your Beer the night before the game , Remember..... you cant buy beer until like 9 or 9:30. I will be in the parking lot for an hour already waiting on you.

Guru
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
No Guru , I hung out with him last year and they are very cool ! Great guys and I would hang out with them anytime.

Nice to know there are a few still out there.:toast2:

Canada
07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I do not think it is too early as there are now 59 days until the Opener. We need to figure out beer :drunkhb:, who is driving to the game, beer:toast2:, grills, food and beer:bananen_smilies046:. Oh and beer.:beer: I assume we are going to need parking passes so the number of vehicles we are bringing should get sorted out. I am willing to rent a van at the airport for the weekend, but will be unable to drive it on gameday.:drunkhb: I am thinking a big 14 passenger van. I think we also need to figure out how much beer :bananen_smilies046:we will need at the game. Lets hear the ideas and figure out who will be responsible for what!! I am gonna bring some beer.:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/07/5.jpg

Do we want to do a byb and byf, and then throw it all together, Tammie said something about making salads, so if we all bring meat for our personally parties needs? We will have extra, I always overbuy for things like this, so we will have some to share. My wife wants and demands Italian sausages on the grill, I want brats, so we will be bring some of both of those! Kids like hot dogs, and burgers!
I also think we should tailgate after the game also.

tornadospotter
07-16-2008, 02:47 PM
And yes plenty of :bananen_smilies046: and :toast2: !

YZILLA
07-16-2008, 03:15 PM
The question is are we parking near the stadium or out in the general lot out in the boonies? If close to the stadium I will get a red pass. I have a grill , but not really one suitable for cooking for 30 people at a crack. I suppose I could try and mount my huge grill in the back of my truck. I usually get all my meat and tailgating supplies at the local HyVee store up the street from the redroof inn. if we do park in the general parking we should plan on packing up a little sooner as its a long walk. But we all need to be on the same page on this. I have a Chiefs Gazeebo in case its hot out to give us a little relief. Also bring your own chairs . I will bring my own food and beer . forks, knives, paper plates ect.

YZILLA
07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
can we get parking passes from the ticket lady ?

tornadospotter
07-16-2008, 03:24 PM
The question is are we parking near the stadium or out in the general lot out in the boonies? If close to the stadium I will get a red pass. I have a grill , but not really one suitable for cooking for 30 people at a crack. I suppose I could try and mount my huge grill in the back of my truck. I usually get all my meat and tailgating supplies at the local HyVee store up the street from the redroof inn. if we do park in the general parking we should plan on packing up a little sooner as its a long walk. But we all need to be on the same page on this. I have a Chiefs Gazeebo in case its hot out to give us a little relief. Also bring your own chairs . I will bring my own food and beer . forks, knives, paper plates ect.

can we get parking passes from the ticket lady ?
That is good question and thought, How can we all park together, to make tailgating easier, If we all arrive at the same time can we park together ? If we don't can we save spots for others? Probably not, we will have to be in line with each other to park in the same area. ????

YZILLA
07-16-2008, 03:44 PM
we could all meet at sports nutz before the game and all get in line and drive in together . That is of course we dont have a few hungover people. I honestly like to get up and be in line to get in before the gates even open to maximize the tailgating experience . By the time one gets set up and grilling it seems like its time to pack up and go into the game so soon.Thats just me . Im gonna be there in line. if you dont want to I will give my cell phone so you can find me.

By the way I am no schedule freak ! Except on gameday LOL, its the only day I want to be somewhere early and take in the sites and sounds of Arrowhead , for those who have yet to go to a game at Arrowhead ....... Im nerously excited for you ! Honestly . There is nothing that compare to it. Its where I go to Church on Sundays when Im in Kansas City !

tornadospotter
07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
we could all meet at sports nutz before the game and all get in line and drive in together . That is of course we dont have a few hungover people. I honestly like to get up and be in line to get in before the gates even open to maximize the tailgating experience . By the time one gets set up and grilling it seems like its time to pack up and go into the game so soon.Thats just me . Im gonna be there in line. if you dont want to I will give my cell phone so you can find me.

By the way I am no schedule freak ! Except on gameday LOL, its the only day I want to be somewhere early and take in the sites and sounds of Arrowhead , for those who have yet to go to a game at Arrowhead ....... Im nerously excited for you ! Honestly . There is nothing that compare to it. Its where I go to Church on Sundays when Im in Kansas City !
Whe can also meet at the Red Roof Inn, I think most of us are staying there.

YZILLA
07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah , I just said that because I know Canada will be there early getting his face/head painted by the crew that does Chiefs facepainting before games. Just incase some wanted it done or their kids. Sports Nutz is just a few blocks away giving us less chance to get separated between stop lights and such. We will actually want to decide on which side we come in on too when we park. The seats are on the side where the Holiday in is across the street. ( lower level ) anyways .

Canada
07-16-2008, 06:07 PM
If I do rent the big van we can always leave that at the hotel for those who do not want to be up as early in the morning and then we can plan the tailgate around a few vehicles and all meet up but then we don't necessarily have to park together. I am an early riser on gameday. I like to have a couple of beers in me by 6 am.

I can not get parking passes from the ticket lady but I will call her and see if she knows how we can get some parking together. I would prefer to be closer to the stadium myself.

As far as food goes, I am all for getting a shopping trip together and going to get all of the food when we get there. Does anyone have a grill that we can use at the hotel? I plan to do some parking lot partying when I am there. I will also need to go and get some chairs at Wal Mart or somewhere.

Beer....how many cases should we bring? I say at least 10?!?!

Chiefster
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
If I do rent the big van we can always leave that at the hotel for those who do not want to be up as early in the morning and then we can plan the tailgate around a few vehicles and all meet up but then we don't necessarily have to park together. I am an early riser on gameday. I like to have a couple of beers in me by 6 am.

I can not get parking passes from the ticket lady but I will call her and see if she knows how we can get some parking together. I would prefer to be closer to the stadium myself.

As far as food goes, I am all for getting a shopping trip together and going to get all of the food when we get there. Does anyone have a grill that we can use at the hotel? I plan to do some parking lot partying when I am there. I will also need to go and get some chairs at Wal Mart or somewhere.

It's good to have priorities. :D

tornadospotter
07-16-2008, 07:58 PM

What, are you going to ship the chairs home? I think we those of us that do not have to fly in to KC can provide some chairs, save your money for beer for me. :D

YZILLA
07-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Canada I have a grill we can use , dont worry about it !

http://www.backcountry.com/store/CMN0115/Coleman-Roadtrip-Pro-Grill.html

It will cook anything we need at the hotel , It actually has a fairly large surface for the game as well as long as we arent grilling like racks of ribs or huge pork loins . Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, ( not a problem )

tornadospotter
07-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Canada I have a grill we can use , dont worry about it !

http://www.backcountry.com/store/CMN0115/Coleman-Roadtrip-Pro-Grill.html

It will cook anything we need at the hotel , It actually has a fairly large surface for the game as well as long as we arent grilling like racks of ribs or huge pork loins . Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, ( not a problem )
I will be bringing my B-day present grill also! Its a Chiefs grill!

Canada
07-17-2008, 12:41 PM
As far as parking goes it is a first come first serve basis at the parking lot. There is no way to reserve a specific area unless we get a group that goes in together.

You guys will be able to find YZILLA and I stuffed somewhere between that grill and a cooler full of beer!!

m0ef0e
07-17-2008, 12:45 PM
I can probably scrounge up a few camping and folding chairs. I'll bring a bunch of beer and brats too. Maybe I can figure something out to bring my grill as well.

Seek
07-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't by any reason mean for you all to count on my services. I will not buy tickets this year. They will have to be given to me. Which may and could happen. I would love to hook up with you all. I have everything you will need. A fold up table, tent, porta potty, Grill, Chairs etc. The works. I can even smoke a bunch of meat the night before for grilling, and that is almost competition quality food.

My wife and I are expecting a baby this year, and it was not in our budget to renew our season tickets. Plus with the state of how I personally feel the team is now. I don't want to be on the risk for tickets until Herm and CP are gone. It jus doesn't make sense to pay 3K just for the tickets come home pissed off every Sunday. I get paid for that abuse here at work.

Wski Girl
07-17-2008, 02:23 PM
OK, I cant find where its posted but I heard rumor of someone trying to set me up as DD! I DONT THINK SO!! First off, I am a social alcoholic, so I plan on drinking :), Secondly, If you have ever seen me drive you would not want to ride with me especially in a van, Even more so in a big city!!!! My parents old front porch can vouch for that! PICK SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!:mob:

Canada
07-17-2008, 02:50 PM
OK, I cant find where its posted but I heard rumor of someone trying to set me up as DD! I DONT THINK SO!! First off, I am a social alcoholic, so I plan on drinking :), Secondly, If you have ever seen me drive you would not want to ride with me especially in a van, Even more so in a big city!!!! My parents old front porch can vouch for that! PICK SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!:mob:

Don;t worry, I am going to drive!! Unless anyone else thinks they should!! :D

Wski Girl
07-18-2008, 04:45 PM

:yahoo: Thank you! :)

tornadospotter
07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Really, Who ever could have done that! :yahoo: The porch was a long time ago, your much better now! :sign0098:

tornadospotter
07-18-2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/154.jpg

I am bringing this grill. Its small but it fits the event!

tornadospotter
07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
OK but who is going to drive after the game? You probably be in jail! For assault on fader fans! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

Canada
07-18-2008, 07:56 PM
OK but who is going to drive after the game? You probably be in jail! For assault on fader fans! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

No self respecting Cop in KC will put anyone in jail for assaulting Gayder fans. I will prpbably get the key to the city and a free limo ride back to Canada!! :D

tammietailgator
07-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Really, Who ever could have done that! :yahoo: The porch was a long time ago, your much better now! :sign0098:

I dont know about anyone else... but I would love to know what happened to the porch! :D :lol:

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 01:52 AM
I dont know about anyone else... but I would love to know what happened to the porch! :D :lol:

My interest is peaked! :D

Guru
08-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Friendly bump

Chiefster
08-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Where are we at with this?

tornadospotter
08-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Arrowhead Stadium!:D
:character00104: :character00267: :bananen_smilies046: :toast2:
We will be getting some info later I think! We will be probally doing a shopping trip for this in KC.

Chiefster
08-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Arrowhead Stadium!:D
:character00104: :character00267: :bananen_smilies046: :toast2:
We will be getting some info later I think! We will be probally doing a shopping trip for this in KC.

Thanks for the update!

Nite Crowd!

Canada
08-02-2008, 10:22 AM

I don't know. I have tried to contact everyone about ticket orders and hotels and only got a few responses. I am going to get my stuff for tailgating on the weekend when I get down there and I will see u guys at the game.

tammietailgator
08-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know. I have tried to contact everyone about ticket orders and hotels and only got a few responses. I am going to get my stuff for tailgating on the weekend when I get down there and I will see u guys at the game.

We've talked and your good here.... I am going to bring lots of salad and other healthy items! And beer and some meat too of course. :yahoo:

tornadospotter
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
You will see us before the game! You will see us on Sat, Jerk!

Chief from the North
08-05-2008, 12:52 PM

I thought we had a tent with a cheerleader visit?? :sign0153:

tornadospotter
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I thought we had a tent with a cheerleader visit?? :sign0153:
:11: Are you going to pay for it? If so :yahoo: :yahoo:

Chief from the North
08-05-2008, 01:03 PM
:11: Are you going to pay for it? If so :yahoo: :yahoo:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not so much...
Well I'm in with whatever we all decide. I'm easy...going

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Is anyone bringing a grill?

Canada
08-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I am bringing a couple of girls ....and a 49ers fan.

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I am bringing a couple of girls ....and a 49ers fan.

Are they bringing a grill? :lol:

tammietailgator
08-05-2008, 11:25 PM
We can bring 1 grill and a small smoker

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
We can bring 1 grill and a small smoker

Cool! I could help donate a few somethings to throw on said grill.

tornadospotter
08-05-2008, 11:33 PM

I am bring this grill! My B-day present from the family!

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 11:37 PM

OUTSTANDING!!!

tammietailgator
08-05-2008, 11:43 PM

Show off!!! :D

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Show off!!! :D

If ya got it, flaunt it. :D

Guru
08-05-2008, 11:53 PM
If ya got it, flaunt it. :D

And you obviously do NOT have it.

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 11:55 PM

Heh! At my age "it" went bye, bye a long time ago.

:lol::lol::lol:

tammietailgator
08-05-2008, 11:56 PM

No, but the more grills the more food :bananen_smilies046:

Leggs
08-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Hello Chiefs Fans....

Some buddies and I are meeting up in KC this season to catch the Nov 2 game against TB. Since it is our first time in KC, I could use some tips and advice for excellent tailgating. ie - Where to tailgate, what to eat (local favorites!), etc. Any and all advice apreciated. Thanks and go Chiefs...

tammietailgator
08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Hello Chiefs Fans....

Some buddies and I are meeting up in KC this season to catch the Nov 2 game against TB. Since it is our first time in KC, I could use some tips and advice for excellent tailgating. ie - Where to tailgate, what to eat (local favorites!), etc. Any and all advice apreciated. Thanks and go Chiefs...

Pick a spot as far as tailgating goes... the whole parking lot tailgates. I think we are tailgating in Lot G for the home opener (but not 100% sure). BBQ is a KC favorite, but anything on the grill would be your best bet - you can smell arrowhead from miles away. :D
Beer is also an essential for a lot of us. :bananen_smilies046:

Have fun!!! and make sure you yell a lot:yahoo:

tammietailgator
08-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh... and get there early!! That is a noon game so gates open at 9am .... people start lining up at 7am. Make sure you get in the stadium early to see kc wolf and hopefully you will get a flyover!:11:

Canada
08-24-2008, 04:13 PM
So it is now 3 weeks away and I think we should finalize plans as far as food, grills, beer, parking passes etc. I know YZILLA told me that he gets his parking passes at HyVee (I think) so I am cool with that when we get down there. How many grills will we have for the weekend as well as for the game? Do you guys want to just get your own food or should we all get together and buy bulk? I will be bringing my own beer and maybe some to share (if you all behave yourselves) If anyone has ideas to add start posting cause the time is quickly approaching now!! 20 more days!!

YZILLA
08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Ok I'm gonna run off a few things off the top of my head here:

First I only get my food at HY-VEE before the game. Because its very close to the Hotel ( Beer Also ) .

Next the gates open at 8:30 am and you want to be in line before that by at least no later than 8 or it will be a long wait to get in.

next , you will want to get your beer the nite before the game because there are no beer sales before 9:00 and that is when we should be drinking and already be pulling burgers off the grill.

I will look for parking passes and report back to you on that . We could just set up camp with one or two cars in red reserved areas. General parking is like $22 and red reserved gets up around $30-$50 depending on where you look. We should probably set up shop in lot C which is the Side where the Holiday Inn is across the street. Because the sections we are sitting in are on that side . and it gets to be alot of walking if you come from the general parking to the opposite end of the stadium to your seats. which means packing up early from the tailgating and the long *** walk back after the game when all the pissers are full of people.It would be smart to get this plan implemented right away so we are all able to have a good time together. Ive been in lot G ( its a fun party lot ) where Boomer Grigsbys family always set up . But hes not here anymore and I see no reason to be on the other side of the stadium for this game. All the lots are fun no matter where we park . Red areas are the closest and the blues are in the boonies. most people will want to save as much money as possible so the blue is the cheapest. If we all want we can party out by the Royals stadium in the blue section. Just let me know and I'll do whatever the majority wants. My best experiences are in the closer sections with red passes , but I don't like alot of walking when I could be drinking . I have a grill, big cooler I can probably cook about 10-12 burgers at a time or a bunch of dogs/brats. really I do more drinking than eating when I get there. I can fire up the grill afterwords also because the traffic doesnt really clear up for an hour after the game. So we have time. I have a beanbag board set and a football to toss around. I also have a Chiefs gazebo to set up if its hot. maybe two if I can find another base for my extra canopy. anyone else wishing to bring another grill, please do so. Also make sure you bring your chairs. I have about six and a small 4' folding table . We might need more tables if anyone has extras. I'm assuming we will have side dishes and salads, chips, dips, I can bring paper plates and plastic utensils. if I'm forgetting anything let me know.

YZILLA
08-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Also try gates barbeque , Some people say its the best in town. One other thing is a must! Go to Sportsnutz before the game on Saturday ( if you can ) . Its like a half mile from the stadium North on blueridge cutoff to the 40hwy corner I believe. They have a player or two signing autographs , last year I got tank and Turk, Dbowe and Sippio and Kolby smith and Tamba Hali . Pluse its just a great little place to get the chiefs atmosphererunning in your blood before the game. They usually have like free food , music on that saturday also . and tons of memorabilia , anything with chiefs on it is in there .

http://www.sportsnutz.com/

YZILLA
08-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Also here is the map for the parking situation so we can all look at it and discuss our options :

http://www.kcchiefs.com/arrowhead/parking/

Canada
08-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Look man, if you are not gonna offer anyting constructive, just keep quiet!!

j/k I may hang out in your back picket all weekend. I can co ordinate the beer at the game!! There wil be lots!! We are buying about a dozen cases when we get in on Friday!! We do a final inventory on Sat nite and then buy a few more cases and then kick the fu<k outta the Gayders!!

anaeelbackwards
08-25-2008, 11:18 PM
i have not had a ounce of beer since for a while

sept 19, 2008 i will be ready to drink myself stupid.:drunkhb:

tammietailgator
09-01-2008, 12:18 AM
i have not had a ounce of beer since for a while

sept 19, 2008 i will be ready to drink myself stupid.:drunkhb:

Your going to be 5 days late leanna!!!!! I am going to call you and remind you. :D

hermhater
09-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Your going to be 5 days late leanna!!!!! I am going to call you and remind you. :D

Don't bother tammie, she doesn't answer her phone.

:sign0104:

jtandcrew
09-01-2008, 01:37 AM
does that mean.....part time poster? :lol: JK Leanna!

Canada
09-06-2008, 10:43 AM
We need some music for the parking lot too? Any ideas or do we just open the car doors and let 'er rip until the cops show up!!

tammietailgator
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM
We need some music for the parking lot too? Any ideas or do we just open the car doors and let 'er rip until the cops show up!!

I am going to burn some cd's - one will be specific to football and the chiefs.... I am taking requests

ie... black betty, start me up, ....

Canada
09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I am going to burn some cd's - one will be specific to football and the chiefs.... I am taking requests

ie... black betty, start me up, ....

Black Betty is me cell phone ring!! :bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
09-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Ok.... add to my list... I need help:

Black Betty - Ram Jam
Start Me up- Rolling Stones
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Mastequilla - Sammie Hagar
Rock & Roll part 2 - Gary Glitter
Seein Red - Unwritten Law
Don't Hold Back - (not sure of the artist yet)

Canada
09-06-2008, 05:27 PM
I am more of a Slipknot, Devildriver Korn kinda guy

tammietailgator
09-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I am more of a Slipknot, Devildriver Korn kinda guy

Ok.... how about slipknot - wait and bleed
Korn - right now and falling away from me?:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Do it, i am gonna have some CDs with me

Chief from the North
09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Do it, i am gonna have some CDs with me

Saliva, Sevendust, Alter Bridge, Shinedown...
And you have to play Tush by ZZ Top...LOUD

tammietailgator
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
got it

garciakcfan
09-07-2008, 10:49 PM
whats going on with the tailgating situation??? am i cooking or what???

jtandcrew
09-08-2008, 11:47 AM
If I was going to be there I would wanna hear Bad girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman! :lol: No offense Tammi!

Canada
09-08-2008, 11:47 AM
If I was going to be there I would wanna hear Bad girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman! :lol: No offense Tammi!

Why aren't you gonna be there?

jtandcrew
09-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Have to work every Sunday now, and even if I could afford to take off I couldnt afford tickets for me and wife although I would be just as happy watching on tv in parking lot. I work sun, mon and tues with every other sat and this week is my turn to work sat! So I will actually be lucky to even get to see the game....unless I take it off! :lol: But we will have to see what wife says about finances.

Canada
09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
whats going on with the tailgating situation??? am i cooking or what???

I know you have asked this question a couple of times and so I will answer. I do not expect you to come down to KC and cook on your weekend off (I don't want you to have to work on your vacation) I won't be working on my vacation, so if one of you drunk asses falls down and hurts yourself, don't bother me. That being said, If you want to cook because you enjoy doing it, then you are welcome to cook every meal I eat while we are there. The decision is yours, whatever makes you happy :bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
09-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I know you have asked this question a couple of times and so I will answer. I do not expect you to come down to KC and cook on your weekend off (I don't want you to have to work on your vacation) I won't be working on my vacation, so if one of you drunk asses falls down and hurts yourself, don't bother me. That being said, If you want to cook because you enjoy doing it, then you are welcome to cook every meal I eat while we are there. The decision is yours, whatever makes you happy :bananen_smilies046:

I wont be training any dogs either!!!.... No offense guys!:D

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Weather forecast for home opener.
Sat, 40 % chance of thunderstorms, High near 77.
Sun, Partly sunny, High near 77.

tammietailgator
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Weather forecast for home opener.
Sat, 40 % chance of thunderstorms, High near 77.
Sun, Partly sunny, High near 77.

Thanks Tornado!:yahoo:

Canada
09-10-2008, 09:00 AM
i look forward to seeing everyone there, especially my best friend Canada!

Can't wait :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 09:11 AM
http://forums.thehomeofthechiefs.com/Smileys/newsmilies/Rainy.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Updated forecast from National Weather Service.
Sat, 60% chance of Thunderstorms, Sat nite 40% chance of rain.
Sunday 30% chance of showers, high 76.

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I always bet against the National Weather Service, So bring rain gear! If they say 30% chance of rain, bet on 70% chance of rain!

Well I really do not bet on the Weather Service.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/09/9.jpg

Guru
09-10-2008, 11:49 PM
http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/photo_servlet?maxImageLength=60&srcImg=http://weather.myfoxkc.com/icons/rain.gif
High: 62
SUNDAY
Rain
90% Chance
Falling TempsFrom Fox 4 in KC tonight.

tammietailgator
09-10-2008, 11:57 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
SUNDAY
Rain
90% Chance

I watched the last game at arrowhead in the rain..... I will do it again!!! We won... bring on the rain!!:D

Wski Girl
09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
just gives us a better opprotunity to stomp the raiders, the midwest is use to crappy weather!!:yahoo:

Chiefster
09-11-2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
SUNDAY
Rain
90% Chance

Looks like football weather to me.

Guru
09-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Has it been decided where the tailgate will be held? Lot location and all?

hermhater
09-12-2008, 03:54 AM
It's lot G right?

hermhater
09-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Hey Guru aren't you at the Red Roof Inn?

Guru
09-12-2008, 04:08 AM
Hey Guru aren't you at the Red Roof Inn?
Nah. Ran into a conflict so I won't be able to come up until Sunday morning. Hopefully earlier rather than later.

I do remember Canada saying he would be trying to fly a Canadian flag. I am familiar with Lot G so if he has that flag, I have no doubt I will find him.

Seek
09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I will be there with my family, taking our tent and I will be smoking a bunch of food. Since I am going and cooking at the request of my father and it is his B-day I can't join you all, but I have given Canada my number for him to contact me. I would like to meet up with most of you by either stopping by or having you stop by.

We usually set up camp around N45 on the grass by the practice facility where Arrowhead park is. There is a bunch of power lines above us. I am not sure what the construction has done to that parking arrangement but that is the general admission parking lot just behind G, so it will be close to you all.

Seek
09-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Oh for those interested I am usually there waiting on the gates to open, so that we can always get our spot by N45. If you guys don't have your spot set up yet, we do have a pop up tent and a porta potty. You are all welcome to join us, or stop by.

I will be smoking some ribs, Brisket and chicken breast. I am sure there will be some extra if anyone is interested.

tornadospotter
09-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Oh for those interested I am usually there waiting on the gates to open, so that we can always get our spot by N45. If you guys don't have your spot set up yet, we do have a pop up tent and a porta potty. You are all welcome to join us, or stop by.

I will be smoking some ribs, Brisket and chicken breast. I am sure there will be some extra if anyone is interested.
Damm Seek, would you stop with the food already, your making me hungry!!!!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I can't wait to get there!!!!!!!

Seek
09-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Damm Seek, would you stop with the food already, your making me hungry!!!!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I can't wait to get there!!!!!!!

MMMMM Brisket... Fall of the bone ribs.... BEER...... Shots of Tequila. MMMMMM the smell of cherry smoked chicken... My rub os choice has a little bite to it, and then add some additional Hot Shot Pepper to the brisket. MMMMM

DO I need to prepare some extra now????

I don't use BBQ sauce. I just prepare the meat and let people choose their coverings, and I bring a ton of flavors. Many prefer it without the sauce, but my brisket tends to get a little on the dry side, but makes up for it in tenderness and flavor.

tornadospotter
09-12-2008, 04:09 PM
MMMMM Brisket... Fall of the bone ribs.... BEER...... Shots of Tequila. MMMMMM the smell of cherry smoked chicken... My rub os choice has a little bite to it, and then add some additional Hot Shot Pepper to the brisket. MMMMM

DO I need to prepare some extra now????

I don't use BBQ sauce. I just prepare the meat and let people choose their coverings, and I bring a ton of flavors. Many prefer it without the sauce, but my brisket tends to get a little on the dry side, but makes up for it in tenderness and flavor.
:bananen_smilies046: :hyper: :character00104: :character00267:
Will you be around after the game! Cooking!

Seek
09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
:bananen_smilies046: :hyper: :character00104: :character00267:
Will you be around after the game! Cooking!

No, I don't have as much luck warming up the ribs after the game. Usually have to eat them in the morning. For tailgating I usually smoke the ribs the night before, and then bake them in the morning to get the chill off them and then grill them in the parking lot. Doesn't usally work as well going from cooler to grill. Just doesn't taste the same.

jtandcrew
09-13-2008, 01:13 AM
OK, its official! I hate you all for being able to go on Sun and tailgating! Im going to start a trust fund now that everyone can donate to to pay for my time off on Sundays since I have to work them now! :lol:

I will give bank info at a later time! :lol: :drunkhb: :toast2: :yahoo:

Guru
09-13-2008, 08:13 AM
I've been out of the loop. How much money should I bring for Sunday morning?

Chiefster
09-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure myself, I'll try to find out.

Guru
09-14-2008, 08:19 PM
It was great meeting all of you. What a great group!!!

spiman
09-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Your Home allready? What happened to the after game party? I know Monday comes early..You might b the first 1 to post and no juicy details..

Guru
09-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Your Home allready? What happened to the after game party? I know Monday comes early..You might b the first 1 to post and no juicy details..
yeah, I had to be home as close to 6pm as possible to help get the kids to bed. :bananen_smilies046:

I'm sure the pics will be posted soon.

Canada made it on the JumboTron Fancam.:sign0098:

tammietailgator
09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
It was great! I posted some pics now.... I am sure there will be more soon

Wski Girl
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
the weekend was awesome!! Even if there was ALOT of beer spilt during the game I do have to say that HH was a pretty damn good spades partner!! LOL!:drunkhb:

sandymariegraham
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
i would love to have been there.....

Hayvern
09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Everyone was awesome, it was a great weekend, even though I did almost put Tammie's husband into a coma after hitting his arm!

I am going through almost 700 pictures that were taken over the weekend and will post them... somewhere.

Coach? How much picture space you allow on this thing?

Wski Girl
09-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Everyone was awesome, it was a great weekend, even though I did almost put Tammie's husband into a coma after hitting his arm!

I am going through almost 700 pictures that were taken over the weekend and will post them... somewhere.

Coach? How much picture space you allow on this thing?
HIDE THE ONES OF ME!!!:lol:

IlovetheChiefs
09-15-2008, 10:35 PM
That's great there's so many photos. Looking forward to em'. The next best thing to actually being there, though it's still not even close in comparison.

Wski Girl
09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
trying to figure out the pics myself, Tammie where are you when i need you!

tammietailgator
09-15-2008, 11:13 PM
trying to figure out the pics myself, Tammie where are you when i need you!

Thats a good picture! I didnt get the group because I left my camera at the hotel.

Guru
09-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Can't wait to see the ones from Saturday.

sandymariegraham
09-15-2008, 11:44 PM
pics is posted

hermhater
09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
the weekend was awesome!! Even if there was ALOT of beer spilt during the game I do have to say that HH was a pretty damn good spades partner!! LOL!:drunkhb:

Thanks Wski Girl you did good as well!

YZILLA
09-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Man I go to the porta-potty for the first time of the day and they decide to get a group photo. I think It was all planned . Lol Guess i will have to wait till next year to get in the photo.

Canada
09-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Photoshop YZILLAs head in there!!

Guru
09-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Photoshop YZILLAs head in there!!
Would fit nicely right by Mrs. Chiefster.

Canada
09-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, but then Chiefster would get jealous!!