PDA

View Full Version : Vikes, Allen close on a deal

texaschief
04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Per PFT:
Although the bigger issue is whether the Minnesota Vikings and the Kansas City Chiefs can work out a deal for a trade of defensive end Jared Allen’s rights from the Chiefs to the Vikings, the Kansas City Star reports that the Vikes and Allen are close to an agreement as to the long-term deal that would be signed by the player if/when he’s wearing purple.

And, as we heard on Sunday, the Vikings are likely to sign Allen to an offer sheet after the draft, if the Chiefs and the Vikings can’t work out the terms of a trade.

While such an approach would risk that the Chiefs will trade Allen elsewhere (such as Tampa), the reality is that, if Allen has decided that he wants to play for the Vikings, he can essentially block a trade to another team by refusing to sign a long-term contract there. Absent a multi-year deal, the team getting Allen would be getting him only for one season.

Per many published reports, the Vikings are willing to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick, but the Chiefs want a first-round pick and a second-round pick.

Allen ended his visit to Minnesota on Sunday. Per league rule, such visits may last only two days.

texaschief
04-21-2008, 07:55 PM
guess i should've said "Vikes, Allen close TO a deal. sorry if i freaked y'all out.

hermhater
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Holy crap they got their information from the KC Star, they are gonna hear it from someone!

:lol:

hermhater
04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
guess i should've said "Vikes, Allen close TO a deal. sorry if i freaked y'all out.

Click on Edit then Go Advanced and you can change the title of the thread!

:11:

Hurry you only have 10 minutes from the time you post it!

anaeelbackwards
04-21-2008, 08:01 PM
:drunkhb:

i thought that maybe just maybe, if i didn't worry about it, allen wouldn't sign else where.....:sign0103:

hermhater
04-21-2008, 08:07 PM
:drunkhb:

i thought that maybe just maybe, if i didn't worry about it, allen wouldn't sign else where.....:sign0103:

I'm still hoping and wishing and praying!

Keep your fingers crossed!

:bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm still hoping and wishing and praying!

Keep your fingers crossed!

This seems inevitable guys.

chief31
04-22-2008, 10:43 AM

Fortunately, I knew better. But I fixed the title for you anyway. Oops. I thought I fixed it. Guess not.

This seems inevitable guys.

I'm not sold that this is a done deal. Obviously, it could happen, but I think we still have some hope. I hope that all of the HUBBUB about this deal will make the Chiefs think about what could happen here, and get on the ball.

Canada
04-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Fortunately, I knew better. But I fixed the title for you anyway.

I'm not sold that this is a done deal. Obviously, it could happen, but I think we still have some hope. I hope that all of the HUBBUB about this deal will make the Chiefs think about what could happen here, and get on the ball.

I am with you there man, I still think JA will be wearing the Red and Gold when we start the season.

anaeelbackwards
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
i was watching the tv the other day and jared allens bar and grill commercial came on and he said "COME AND JOIN THE DRAFT PARTY!" i wonder if he will be there?!?!?

hermhater
04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
i was watching the tv the other day and jared allens bar and grill commercial came on and he said "COME AND JOIN THE DRAFT PARTY!" i wonder if he will be there?!?!?

I'm doubting that he will be at his very own Jared Allen's Sports Arena and Grill for the draft.

I hope he is still with the Chiefs come Monday.

DMN
04-22-2008, 07:05 PM
I think that if the chiefs dont bend on what they want then JA will still be here. Childress openly stated he is not willing to give the two first round picks it would require to sign him after the draft.... though that may be BS. So it seems a trade is the only way. And the vikes want their second pick for a QB. I dont see them giving that up. And I definately dont see the chiefs taking a first and third round pick for a top tier pass rusher. So someone has to budge.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I think that if the chiefs dont bend on what they want then JA will still be here. Childress openly stated he is not willing to give the two first round picks it would require to sign him after the draft.... though that may be BS. So it seems a trade is the only way. And the vikes want their second pick for a QB. I dont see them giving that up. And I definately dont see the chiefs taking a first and third round pick for a top tier pass rusher. So someone has to budge.

By using the "poison pill" contract to sign Jared after the draft the Vikes will have to give up their first round picks for 2009 and 2010 when they will be a much better team.

They might be so good that the picks we get in those drafts could drop down to the bottom of the round.

That is what I see happening.

DMN
04-22-2008, 07:36 PM
By using the "poison pill" contract to sign Jared after the draft the Vikes will have to give up their first round picks for 2009 and 2010 when they will be a much better team.

They might be so good that the picks we get in those drafts could drop down to the bottom of the round.

That is what I see happening.

Correct. but according to Childress that is not the route that the vikes want to take to get him. It is the NFL, it is so competitive who knows where the vikes end up the next two seasons. It really is a crap shoot for both teams. But at the end of the day it is still 2 first round darft picks. That would be more worth in my eyes than even a 1rst and 2nd this year.

I know it is not the instant gratification we all want but it will be great for our organization to have two first round picks over the next 2 years.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Correct. but according to Childress that is not the route that the vikes want to take to get him. It is the NFL, it is so competitive who knows where the vikes end up the next two seasons. It really is a crap shoot for both teams. But at the end of the day it is still 2 first round darft picks. That would be more worth in my eyes than even a 1rst and 2nd this year.

I know it is not the instant gratification we all want but it will be great for our organization to have two first round picks over the next 2 years.

I don't think that 2 first round picks is a fair trade for Allen, he is basically our entire defense.

And the second best tight end on the team as well!

:yahoo:

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM

I've heard a 1st and two 3rd rounders. Still not worth it.

greg3564
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
If Hunt lets Allen go, it will only cement the fact that Hunt, Peterson and Edwards are all complete idiots. Why in the hell would you let one of THE best players on the team, not to mention THE best DE in the NFL, leave? He's still young and has plenty of years left to play. Might as well get rid of Bowe, Gonzales and LJ too.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
If Hunt lets Allen go, it will only cement the fact that Hunt, Peterson and Edwards are all complete idiots. Why in the hell would you let one of THE best players on the team, not to mention THE best DE in the NFL, leave? He's still young and has plenty of years left to play. Might as well get rid of Bowe, Gonzales and LJ too.

You're preaching to the choir.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM

It's not up to Clark, CP or Herm at this point.

Jared said he wouldn't sign another contract with the Chiefs if he was franchised.

I still think the Vikes are gonna offer him a contract with that stupid *** "poison pill" loophole, and we will lose him no matter what.

Please let me be wrong!

greg3564
04-22-2008, 08:15 PM
You're preaching to the choir.

Yeah, I know. It's April and I'm already tired of reading the garbage the head office is doing. I can't wait to see how this draft works out.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I know. It's April and I'm already tired of reading the garbage the head office is doing. I can't wait to see how this draft works out.

Hopefully we draft Ryan, he gets knocked around this season, and CP and Herm get fired.

Chiefster
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
This is depressing.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:37 AM
I am depressing.

FYP!

:beer:

Guru
04-23-2008, 02:24 AM
FYP!

:beer:

I should neg rep you for that.:11::D

hermhater
04-23-2008, 03:02 AM
I should neg rep you for that.:11::D

Heh.:biggrin:

Canada
04-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Did you guys hear we traded Jared Allen?