PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen Traded!!!

Guru
04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM

I started one too, sorry.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
04-22-2008, 11:05 PM
WOW THAT SUX BAD!!! BETTER BE SOME GOOD PICKS INVOLVED:sterb200:

chief31
04-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow.

derickg85
04-22-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure we got their 1st and both 3rds and thats it. I can't F*ckin believe his SH*t!!!

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm pretty sure we got their 1st and both 3rds and thats it. I can't F*ckin believe his SH*t!!!

Maybe a 2nd next year as well.

derickg85
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Maybe a 2nd next year as well.

I wish. But I think it's just those 3 picks this year. No 2nd next year.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I wish. But I think it's just those 3 picks this year. No 2nd next year.

Sources: Chiefs agree to send franchise player Allen to Vikes

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Updated: April 22, 2008, 11:13 PM ET

Jared Allen (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6885), the franchise player for the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan), is heading to a new franchise, the Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min), according to multiple sources.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/131.jpgAllen

Late Tuesday night, the Chiefs and the Vikings reached an agreement on a trade package, and at roughly the same time, Allen reached an agreement in principle on a contract with the Vikings. Upon reaching the contract agreement, Allen headed to the airport and left for Minnesota.
Terms of the trade and deal weren't immediately available. The Vikings had been offering a first- and a third-round choice in 2008. There have been reports that they might include a second-round pick in 2009, but those details weren't immediately available.
Allen, a fourth-year defensive end out of Idaho State, led the league in sacks last season with 15½.
The Chiefs, who are trying to get younger, now have the fifth pick in the first round and presumably the Vikings pick, which is the 17th. Allen had made it clear to the Chiefs that he wouldn't sign a long-term deal with the team.
Now, the Chiefs can use the fifth pick in the first round to find a pass-rushing replacement, either Vernon Gholston of Ohio State or Chris Long of Virginia.

:bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Chiefs send Allen to Vikings for three draft picks

NFL.com Wire Reports
The Kansas Chiefs have agreed to trade Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen to the Minnseota Vikings, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
The Chiefs will receive Minnesota's first- (17th overall) and both of its third-round picks (73rd and 82nd) as compensation. Kansas City has been looking to acquire additional draft picks in an attempt to speed up coach Herm Edwards' rebuilding project for a team that lost its last nine games in 2007 and finished 4-12.
The Vikings also agreed on a new contract with Allen, which will be finalized Wednesday. Allen flew to Minnesota on Tuesday night in anticipation of Wednesday's events.
The Vikings fill one of their biggest needs by adding Allen to their front four. The Pro Bowl starter had a league-leading 15.5 sacks in 2007 along with 67 tackles, three forced fumbles and 18 pressures in only 14 games.
The Chiefs need offensive linemen and defensive backs, two position groups that scouts believe to be in abundance. The Chiefs already owned the No. 5 overall pick in the draft, and now have 13 selections with the trade, including five of the first 82 picks.
Before trading the 26-year-old Allen to the Vikings, the Chiefs also talked with Tampa Bay about Allen.
General manager Carl Peterson's relationship with Allen has been strained ever since Peterson, in the wake of Allen's DUI convictions, described him as "a young man at risk." Allen, who could be suspended for a season if he has another alcohol-related episode, had said he would not negotiate with Kansas City if he didn't get a contract done by next July.
After reaching an impasse, the Chiefs made Allen their franchise player on Feb. 7, but did not put the exclusive tag on him, as they did on tight end Tony Gonzalez (http://www.nfl.com/players/tonygonzalez/profile?id=GON587645) when he was franchised in 2002.
That made it possible for Allen and his agent to talk with other clubs and be examined by their team doctors.
Allen was suspended the first two games by the commissioner last season for multiple DUI convictions. But Allen says he has stopped drinking entirely, a claim backed up by close friends.
"I've seen Jared at a big party, out on the dance floor, where everybody is drinking except one person. It's Jared, and he's having the best time of everybody," said Chiefs fullback Boomer Grigsby (http://www.nfl.com/players/boomergrigsby/profile?id=GRI644143).
In his first game back from the suspension against the Vikings, he had nine tackles, two sacks, a pressure and a pass defended. He also forced Adrian Peterson to fumble.
The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Allen was drafted with a supplemental fourth-round pick out of Idaho State in 2004.
Information from the Associated Press was included in this report

NOW I hope we get Chris Long.

Coach
04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Chiefs get Minnesota's 1st rd'er and both of their 3rd round picks.
17th, 73rd, and 82nd.

Not enough in my opinion.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Thank God that's all over.

Now on to the draft!!!!

Party at Arrowhead!

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
17th, 73rd, and 82nd.

I hope Chris Long falls to us because we'll be reaching for any OL at #5. Gholston would be my second choice.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 11:41 PM
17th, 73rd, and 82nd.

Definitely not enough, but Carl set this in motion last year, and I'm just glad the nightmare is over.

:yahoo:

texaschief
04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
6 picks in the first 82....better make em count.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Definitely not enough, but Carl set this in motion last year, and I'm just glad the nightmare is over.

I'm not. In fact, I'm not happy at all. I hope our picks pan out well. I also hope this is the first stepping stone in CP and Herm's termination.

Jluk
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Wow what if the Patriots move up to pick up Falcon's # 3 and get Vernon Gholston? We would assume St. Louis picked Dorsey and then the Raiders would pick up Chris Long (We are talking about Al Davis here, very unpredictable, we all assume they take Mcfadden).

Just posting on 1st post here. I am a Falcons fan who decided to see what the Chief fans thoughts were. I hope you guys have a great draft btw. Thanks.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM

You got that right.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow what if the Patriots move up to pick up Falcon's # 3 and get Vernon Gholston? We would assume St. Louis picked Dorsey and then the Raiders would pick up Chris Long (We are talking about Al Davis here, very unpredictable, we all assume they take Mcfadden).

Just posting on 1st post here. I am a Falcons fan who decided to see what the Chief fans thoughts were. I hope you guys have a great draft btw. Thanks.

Why would the Pats move up. I would think if they do anything they would trade down.

texaschief
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
The next step needs to be trading the 5th pick for a couple more picks in the top 3 rounds....I'm thinking Baltimore or New Orleans.

hermhater
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM

Agreed, this is our shot at a perfect season!

Don't screw it up Carl Edwardson!

:11:

I'm not. In fact, I'm not happy at all. I hope our picks pan out well. I also hope this is the first stepping stone in CP and Herm's termination.

I doubt that it will be, we are still working on Carl's 25 year plan!

:mob:

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
The next step needs to be trading the 5th pick for a couple more picks in the top 3 rounds....I'm thinking Baltimore or New Orleans.

Baltimore could be enticed to trade for Ryan. I've heard the buzz about NO wanting to trade up but what for?

hermhater
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM

Wow, sorry for you guy.

Who do you see your Falcons taking? Ryan?

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Wow, sorry for you guy.

Who do you see your Falcons taking? Ryan?

One thing is for sure. His dream of the Pats trading for his #3 pick won't happen.

jschwi
04-22-2008, 11:53 PM
fvck peterson i juss joined this forum to say that...what a douchebag...get rid of the leading sacker in 14 games for 3 draft picks and probly only sign one...what a fvckin idiot...i hope jared allen tears us up in the season racking a league high in sacks in one game....fvckin losers.....

texaschief
04-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Baltimore could be enticed to trade for Ryan. I've heard the buzz about NO wanting to trade up but what for?

DT i think. Maybe DE. I don't really remember...but those are really the only two positions they'd be looking at. they don't need a RB or QB.

texaschief
04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
for the record, I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with that contract sitting next to Larry's. 10 million per year....that's rough. That's even obviously more than he'd be making with the franchise tag.

Is there any word? Is he the highest paid DE now?

Coach
04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
I would prefer the Chiefs take the best player on the board at #5. It really doesn't matter what position now. Sed Ellis, Chris Long, Gholston, Albert. They are all positions of need now.

#5 - Chris Long DE
#17 - Cromartie CB
#35 - Sam Baker OT

Guru
04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
17th, 73rd, and 82nd.

CRAP!!! Pure crap.

Should have been 1st and 2nd. PERIOD!!!

Damnit Carl!!!!:mob:

texaschief
04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I would prefer the Chiefs take the best player on the board at #5. It really doesn't matter what position now. Sed Ellis, Chris Long, Gholston, Albert. They are all positions of need now.

#5 - Chris Long DE
#17 - Cromartie CB
#35 - Sam Baker OT

Best player? Even DMac? He's the best ATHLETE in this draft.

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:58 PM
DT i think. Maybe DE. I don't really remember...but those are really the only two positions they'd be looking at. they don't need a RB or QB.

McAllister isn't getting any younger and Bush seems like he's the type of back that needs a compliment. But I don't think they'd trade up to take a back or take a back in the first round for that matter. You think they'll make a run at Gholston or Derrick Harvey?

royalswin100games
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
for the record, I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with that contract sitting next to Larry's. 10 million per year....that's rough. That's even obviously more than he'd be making with the franchise tag.

Is there any word? Is he the highest paid DE now?

I heard a rumor 6yr, 60 mil.

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 12:01 AM

#5 - Chris Long DE
#17 - Cromartie CB
#35 - Sam Baker OT

:sign0098: Coach
#17 Mike Jenkins
#35 Sam Baker

texaschief
04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
CRAP!!! Pure crap.

Should have been 1st and 2nd. PERIOD!!!

Damnit Carl!!!!:mob:

While a 2nd rounder would've been nice, there is still A LOT of talent to be had in the 3rd round. I'm pretty excited about grabbing 3 players in that round!

I think that round is where we get our final starting olineman plus a receiver and something else...lol.

If everthing stays as it is, you'll see:
DL/OL
CB
OL
WR
CB
OL

texaschief
04-23-2008, 12:05 AM
McAllister isn't getting any younger and Bush seems like he's the type of back that needs a compliment. But I don't think they'd trade up to take a back or take a back in the first round for that matter. You think they'll make a run at Gholston or Derrick Harvey?

I agree that Bush needs a complimentary RB, but it would be hard to justify taking RBs in the first round 2/3 years.

texaschief
04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
:sign0098: Coach
#17 Mike Jenkins
#35 Sam Baker

I'd rather have Talib. I think he's the best CB in this draft.

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I'd rather have Talib. I think he's the best CB in this draft.

Actually I'd rather see,

#5 Chris Long
#17 Chris Williams
#35 Antoine Cason

I think Cason will be a pro bowl caliber DB in a few years if not sooner.

Coach
04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
It sucks to lose JA, but it is exciting to think about all of the new talent this team is going to get. They can sure use it.

They could also do something like:
#5 Matt Ryan
#17 Cromartie/Talib/Jenkins
#35 Sam Baker/or other OT.
Then address the DE spot in the 3rd rd with a guy like Chris Ellis. Then add a OG.

Coach
04-23-2008, 12:17 AM
so many options. I can't wait for Saturday. We are going to get some major studs!

hermhater
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM
I agree Coach this is exciting!

I can't wait until Saturday. Arrowhead is calling my name!

We will try to recruit some new Crowd members while we are there!

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 12:20 AM
I agree Coach this is exciting!

I can't wait until Saturday. Arrowhead is calling my name!

We will try to recruit some new Crowd members while we are there!

I have a military obligation this weekend.

I'm sure I will have plenty to read on Saturday night.

Chief from the North
04-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Well, thank God we just traded away a legitimate superstar for a crap shoot in a draft of untested players. Why be great at any position when we can be mediocre at so many more.

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Well, thank God we just traded away a legitimate superstar for a crap shoot in a draft of untested players. Why be great at any position when we can be mediocre at so many more.

Have to move forward brother. Nothing to do now except hope that we have new management next year.

Coach
04-23-2008, 12:23 AM

I agree. I didn't want the trade to be made. But it's done. I just hope we get some great talent out of this draft.

Also consider the fact that Jared already promised to not sign a long-term deal with KC. So after next year, he likely would have become an unrestricted free agent and we could have gotten nothing for him.

vikingmachine
04-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi!

I am from the Kansas Viking message board and wanted to come here and see some of your reaction to the trade. What I find interesting is that many Vikings fans think we paid too much and many Chiefs fans dont think they got enough...I suppose only time will tell us which it was.

I personally think it was a steep price but that it could legitimately work out for both teams IF JA keeps his nose clean and continues to dominate AND your guys do a good job with those picks. Either way, congrats on the trade and you will have a very fun weekend spending those picks!

hermhater
04-23-2008, 12:25 AM

So goes the life of a Chiefs fan.

You should be used to it by now, right?

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Hi!

I am from the Kansas Viking message board and wanted to come here and see some of your reaction to the trade. What I find interesting is that many Vikings fans think we paid too much and many Chiefs fans dont think they got enough...I suppose only time will tell us which it was.

I personally think it was a steep price but that it could legitimately work out for both teams IF JA keeps his nose clean and continues to dominate AND your guys do a good job with those picks. Either way, congrats on the trade and you will have a very fun weekend spending those picks!

Like I said in the chat, congrats. Not that it was hard to take all pro talent from King Carl.

Chief from the North
04-23-2008, 12:27 AM
I agree. I didn't want the trade to be made. But it's done. I just hope we get some great talent out of this draft.

Also consider the fact that Jared already promised to not sign a long-term deal with KC. So after next year, he likely would have become an unrestricted free agent and we could have gotten nothing for him.

Well, logic dictates that this was a good move, I'm just pissed even if we did all see it coming. Onward and upward I guess.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Hi!

Watch some of the Chiefs/Vikings game from last year and tell me you think you guys overpaid.

The guy hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Coach
04-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Hi!

That's usually a good sign of a fair trade.

Chief from the North
Hi!

Well, be warned...we all tend to drink a little more in the north :) Just get him a full time driver.

royalswin100games
Well, logic dictates that this was a good move, I'm just pissed even if we did all see it coming. Onward and upward I guess.

That's the spirit, HEY

GO CHIEFS!!!

Chief from the North
04-23-2008, 12:30 AM
So goes the life of a Chiefs fan.

You should be used to it by now, right?

Apparently...lol

Chief from the North
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM
That's the spirit, HEY

GO CHIEFS!!!

Go CHIEFS!!

hermhater
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM

I am just sooooooo happy that we got this done before the draft.

Chief from the North
04-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I am just sooooooo happy that we got this done before the draft.

Yeah, for sure. Now hopefully we can sign all the players we get BEFORE training camp so we don't have a repeat of last years distractions.

Coach
04-23-2008, 12:34 AM
The Chiefs can go so many directions with this draft. It is going to be the most exciting Chiefs draft in decades.

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Yeah, for sure. Now hopefully we can sign all the players we get BEFORE training camp so we don't have a repeat of last years distractions.

Good point.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 12:37 AM
The Chiefs can go so many directions with this draft. It is going to be the most exciting Chiefs draft in decades.

By far dude.

derickg85
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Vikings Get Jared Allen http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/132.jpg
Jared Allen (Brian Bahr/Getty)
By Tim Yotter (javascript:location.href='http://search.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22' + escape('Tim Yotter') + '%22&sssiteid=63';)

Posted Apr 22, 2008
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/03/94.jpg

The Vikings have reached a trade agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs to acquire defensive end Jared Allen.

The Vikings were able to fill one of their most pressing needs by acquiring Kansas City Chiefs (http://kan.scout.com/) defensive end Jared Allen (http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=8&c=1&nid=3716719), the NFL’s leader with 15½ sacks in 2007.

The Vikings were one of a handful of suitors for the services of the decorated defensive end for about a month now, but their interest just became public last week. Allen visited the Vikings over the weekend.

According to Jay Glazer of FoxSports.com, Allen's new contract is for six years "and just under $74 million, including a stunning $31,000,069 guaranteed — 69 is his jersey number."

Glazer reports that the Vikings will give up their 2008 first-round draft pick (No. 17 overall) as well as two third-rounders, and the teams will swap sixth-round picks. It's unclear which of the Vikings' two sixth-round picks will go to the Chiefs.

Getting the terms of a trade with the Chiefs was the sticking point as Kansas City looked to maximize what it received in return.

The Vikings still have a second-round pick and picks in each of the fourth through seventh rounds, with an additional sixth-round pick.

The Vikings’ need at the position was pronounced with 2004 first-round draft pick Kenechi Udeze (http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=8&c=1&nid=3642940) diagnosed with leukemia in January and 2005 first-round draft choice Erasmus James (http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=8&c=1&nid=3643001) trying to come back from his third knee surgery over the course of a 13-month period.

Over the course of his four-year career, Allen has had 43 sacks.

Beyond the money, the other risk factor for the Vikings is Allen's status with the league. He originally received a four-game suspension from the league last offseason for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy after receiving a DUI in September 2006, but that penalty was reduced to two games to start the 2007 season. He still finished the 2007 season with 15½ sacks and 55 tackles.

The Vikings haven’t had a 15-sack player since John Randle recorded 15½ in 1997, and the last time they had a double-digit sacker was in 2004, when Kevin Williams had 11.5 and Lance Johnstone had 11. Last year, three defenders – Udeze, defensive end Ray Edwards and linebacker Ben Leber – tied for the team lead with five sacks.

Allen told the Kansas City Star last May that he hired a personal trainer, lost 15 pounds and hadn’t had alcohol for eight months.

Allen requested a trade last offseason, but the Chiefs tendered him as a restricted free agent for $2.35 million

The 6th round swap is interesting. What picks do the Vikings have in this round?

Guru
04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
The 6th round swap is interesting. What picks do the Vikings have in this round?

We lost on that end of the deal. Probably had something to do with points to even out the trade is all.

derickg85
04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Okay. I had a feeling that's what it was.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Okay. I had a feeling that's what it was.

The $31,000,069 in guaranteed cracks me up!

We have lost an awesome player, as well as a truly great character.

derickg85
04-23-2008, 01:04 AM

No joke dude! He's a great personality to have on a team and has such great energy on the field not mention his physical ability! This whole thing just makes me sick!!!

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 01:05 AM

Atleast I won't have to watch that idiotic celebration pose after every sack anymore!!!!! Worst in football!!!

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Atleast I won't have to watch that idiotic celebration pose after every sack anymore!!!!! Worst in football!!!

Already slamming him. :sign0098: :lol:

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
No joke dude! He's a great personality to have on a team and has such great energy on the field not mention his physical ability! This whole thing just makes me sick!!!

Yeah, well it all got started last year when Carl decided he wasn't gonna give him what he wanted.

We've seen this coming for a while now.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:10 AM

I agree it was pretty stupid, I don't know what he was smoking when he thought that crap up.

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
I agree it was pretty stupid, I don't know what he was smoking when he thought that crap up.
:SmokinBanana::SmokinBanana::SmokinBanana::SmokinB anana::SmokinBanana::SmokinBanana:

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:14 AM
:SmokinBanana::SmokinBanana::SmokinBanana::SmokinB anana::SmokinBanana::SmokinBanana:

He was SmokinB anana?

:biggrin:

chief31
04-23-2008, 07:51 AM

#5 - Chris Long DE
#17 - Cromartie CB
#35 - Sam Baker OT

Yup. We now seem to have absolutely nothing covered. Like an expansion team.

wolfpack
04-23-2008, 08:00 AM
the vikings have also gambled a hole lot for one player. in drafts and cap money.i`ll take the picks,we arn`t going to win much this year anyway,
I say dont let the door hit you in the butt on the way out JA and take the queen with you.

jerhart
04-23-2008, 08:41 AM
...I'm bummed....but hey, we were 4-12 with him last year....so maybe this was the right move.....right?....everything will be okay...right? I'm not freaking out...right? :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb:

BTW....do we have anyone left on our roster?

Canada
04-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Huard and Croyle!! What else do we need? :)

jerhart
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM

...:11: ...you are right! We'll just split Huard out wide....no corner can keep up with him :D

....anyone wanna pitch in and fly me home....you guys are done hearing about it down there....all the talk has just begun up here...and I am gettin tired of it already, they are talking superbowl up here now... :mob:

Canada
04-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Did you hear we traded Jared Allen?

jerhart
04-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Did you hear we traded Jared Allen?

Are you sure it wasn't Tony Richardson?

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Are you sure it wasn't Tony Richardson?
It was Tony Gonzales not Richardson that we traded!

jerhart
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
It was Tony Gonzales not Richardson that we traded!

awwwww.....your right...He went with LJ and D-Bo in that 3 team trade.... :toast2:

Northcountry68
04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Any bets on whether Carl blows all the picks on dumb draft picks? I bet he won't use them smartly.

ASDF
04-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Come on guys. We all knew it was coming with CP on top.

Let's hope we get some solid draft picks..

Good buy JA..

/sniffs

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Any bets on whether Carl blows all the picks on dumb draft picks? I bet he won't use them smartly.

I'm betting we get 6 starters out of 13 picks!

Come on guys. We all knew it was coming with CP on top.

Let's hope we get some solid draft picks..

Good buy JA..

/sniffs

That's the spirit!

:sign0098:

stlchief
04-23-2008, 01:48 PM
OK - if you can rationalize this, then I ask the question:

Why the hell didn't we do the same w/ LJ before signing him? He was coming of a career year, wanting a ton of $, RB's are supposedly easier to find then D-line, LJ's attitude is 100 x's worse than JA's, etc.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM

Why the hell didn't we do the same w/ LJ before signing him? He was coming of a career year, wanting a ton of $, RB's are supposedly easier to find then D-line, LJ's attitude is 100 x's worse than JA's, etc.

I am guessing that Carl was scared for his job last year, and didn't want to get rid of the most popular player on the team.

Now he is desperate and is just hoping that Herm can get the team back into contention through the draft.

Welcome back dude, where the hell ya been?

Are you coming to Arrowhead this weekend?

Some of us are going to the draft party there, we're gonna tailgate like there's a game!

Dyno-Mite
04-23-2008, 01:56 PM

F*** CRoyle.Give Damon "killer" Huard a dominate wide receiver alongside of D-rainbow with a potent offensive line and it's a wrap.As for the defense,I'm not focused on Jared Allen because a switch needs to be made to the 3-4.Just how many times did Damon "killer" Huard torture the Chargers and Broncos with L.J. in the backfield?Please give Damon another wide receiver threat.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:59 PM
F*** CRoyle.Give Damon "killer" Huard a dominate wide receiver alongside of D-rainbow with a potent offensive line and it's a wrap.As for the defense,I'm not focused on Jared Allen because a switch needs to be made to the 3-4.Just how many times did Damon "killer" Huard torture the Chargers and Broncos with L.J. in the backfield?Please give Damon another wide receiver threat.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you like Huard???

stlchief
04-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Wasn't the Huard / Croyle issues discussed once in a thread? Anyone remember the outcome?

:)

Dyno-Mite
04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you like Huard???

As a fan,hell yeah.What bad things has Damon done for our franchise?It's 2 guns up when Damon comes to town.:mob:

tornadospotter
04-23-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm betting we get 6 starters out of 13 picks!

That's the spirit!

:sign0098:
That because we will have nobody left but rookies!

hermhater
04-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Wasn't the Huard / Croyle issues discussed once in a thread? Anyone remember the outcome?

:lol:

As a fan,hell yeah.What bad things has Damon done for our franchise?It's 2 guns up when Damon comes to town.:mob:

I like Damon too guy, but he's not the answer to the Chiefs question at QB.

That because we will have nobody left but rookies!

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I like Damon too guy, but he's not the answer to the Chiefs question at QB.

I don't. I don't like Elvis "Rock n' Roll" Grbac either. Just my opinion. :D

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 02:36 PM

Yea, I decided they both sucked and we need a QB!!!!!!

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Yea, I decided they both sucked and we need a QB!!!!!!

We'd better shore up this line before we get a QB.

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 02:44 PM

We'd better shore up this line before we get a QB.
Agreed!

Dyno-Mite
04-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't. I don't like Elvis "Rock n' Roll" Grbac either. Just my opinion. :D

Did you like Trent Green?

rbedgood
04-23-2008, 05:15 PM
What's that smell...is TimSatt here again?

hermhater
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
What's that smell...is TimSatt here again?

I've been saying that, but I don't know for sure.

I'm paranoid though.

anaeelbackwards
04-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I've been saying that, but I don't know for sure.

I'm paranoid though.

i havent seen timsatt in a while....

whats up with the football with the x under your rep count?:iamwithstupid: :sign0153:

Coach
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM

Maybe the Chiefs learned their lesson from the LJ situation. I think the Vikings overpaid JA in terms of his contract. I think the trade with the Chiefs was probably pretty fair, but I would prefer to have kept JA. But if we would have had to paid that much money to keep him, we probably wouldn't have signed him and would have gotten nothing for him at the end of this season when he became a UFA.

So overall I think everyone won on this trade.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 08:33 PM
i havent seen timsatt in a while....

whats up with the football with the x under your rep count?:iamwithstupid: :sign0153:

It's not a football, it's my Skype contact.

That X means that I'm offline.

But I am really online, maybe Coach could fix that for me?

Maybe the Chiefs learned their lesson from the LJ situation. I think the Vikings overpaid JA in terms of his contract. I think the trade with the Chiefs was probably pretty fair, but I would prefer to have kept JA. But if we would have had to paid that much money to keep him, we probably wouldn't have signed him and would have gotten nothing for him at the end of this season when he became a UFA.

So overall I think everyone won on this trade.

Oh, what a coincidence, hi Coach.

What's up with the X in my Skype account?

anaeelbackwards
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
who could of honestly known that the whole signing larry johnson deal go bad when it did? i mean who woulda known that he woulda been out for basically the whole season with an injury? we signed LJ because we need him, period. im just sick and tired of people still fussing over the LJ ordeal, its over and done with. hes our future, except it.
the JA story sucks a lot of ***. **** happens, players and owners dont always agree. its a buisness blah blah blah. i know, im over it. i could only wish JA the greatest of success with the VIKINGS.
HUNT/PETERSON are banking solely on the draft. who knows we might get a few stud starters... who knows.. we might find a few "casey printers" you know people who can make chicken salad outta chicken ****. we'll see what happens.

chief31
04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
who could of honestly known that the whole signing larry johnson deal go bad when it did?

Somone had a pretty good idea about it. :D

Coach
04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
It's not a football, it's my Skype contact.

That X means that I'm offline.

But I am really online, maybe Coach could fix that for me?

Oh, what a coincidence, hi Coach.

What's up with the X in my Skype account?

What the Skype? That's a bunch of skype! Piece of Skype!

Anyhow, I don't know skype.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM

It's available in the User CP under Edit Profile with all the other chat programs like Yahoo Messenger, and ICQ and AIM Screen Name.

Also I would recommend you use it. It is awesome. Free voice calls, and you can call land lines and cell phones anywhere in the world for cheap!

anaeelbackwards
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM

It's available in the User CP under Edit Profile with all the other chat programs like Yahoo Messenger, and ICQ and AIM Screen Name.

Also I would recommend you use it. It is awesome. Free voice calls, and you can call land lines and cell phones anywhere in the world for cheap!

is this HH telling COACH about the website?:sign0153: :11: :yahoo:

Coach
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM

I'm aware of it.:drunkhb:

hermhater
04-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm aware of it.:drunkhb:

What am I doing wrong that it shows me as Offline?

peekaboo224
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
My co-workers are dumbfounded that the Vikes paid so much for JA. They all think that after he takes his guaranteed $30 mil he will fall off the wagon and start drinking again.

Let's hope that the boys at the Chiefs don't screw up this weekend and waste those three draft pics they got from the Vikes.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
My co-workers are dumbfounded that the Vikes paid so much for JA. They all think that after he takes his guaranteed $30 mil he will fall off the wagon and start drinking again.

Let's hope that the boys at the Chiefs don't screw up this weekend and waste those three draft pics they got from the Vikes.

Hey peekaboo, I apologized for being rude the other day, I'm truly sorry.

I thought you were someone else.

No hard feelings, eh?

Chiefster
04-23-2008, 09:58 PM

Well, I would say that Carl is an idiot, but we all know that.

rbedgood
04-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Hey peekaboo, I apologized for being rude the other day, I'm truly sorry.

I thought you were someone else.

No hard feelings, eh?

Looks like Peekaboo has the Leprechaun on ignore...haha, saves him from reading about 250 gibberish posts a day.

hermhater
04-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Looks like Peekaboo has the Leprechaun on ignore...haha, saves him from reading about 250 gibberish posts a day.

You're back on the list.

:sign0104:

rbedgood
04-25-2008, 04:26 AM
You're back on the list.

:sign0104:

Okay, sorry...248 gibberish posts, and 2 quality posts per day...

hermhater
04-25-2008, 04:46 AM

Do you seriously read all my posts?

Wow, now I feel like a celebrity.

Kick ***!!!

:bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:

Guru
04-25-2008, 04:56 AM
:lol:You sir, are too kind. :D

Chiefster
04-25-2008, 06:31 AM

It's his way.

rbedgood
04-25-2008, 10:35 AM

I rounded up...(a couple)