PDA

View Full Version : So much for that "Poison Pill" rule! Talk about overpaid!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Sources: Chiefs agree to send franchise player Allen to Vikes

After The Rush

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/131.jpg
The Vikings better hope that Jared Allen doesn't suffer the same fate as every other sack champion recently. They have all posted fewer sacks the year after winning the crown.

YearPlayer, TeamSacksNext year2007Jared Allen, KC15.5?2006Shawne
Merriman, SD1712.52005Derrick
Burgess, OAK16112004Dwight
Freeney, IND16112003Michael
Strahan, NYG18.542002Jason
Taylor, MIA18.5132001Michael
Strahan, NYG22.5112000La'Roi
Glover, NO178
Jared Allen (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6885), the franchise player for the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan), is heading to a new franchise, the Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min), according to multiple sources.
Late Tuesday night, the Chiefs and the Vikings reached an agreement on a trade package, and at roughly the same time, Allen reached an agreement in principle on a contract with the Vikings. Upon reaching the contract agreement, Allen headed to the airport and left for Minnesota.
The Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night that Allen agreed to one of the largest contracts for a defensive player -- six years for almost $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed.
Sources said the Vikings included a second third-round pick (No. 73) in the 2008 draft to get the deal done. They had been offering a No. 1 pick (17th in the first round) and a No. 3 (No. 82). The teams also swapped spots in the sixth round with the Vikings getting a better spot in the sixth round, sources said.

Allen, a fourth-year defensive end out of Idaho State, led the league in sacks last season with 15½.

The Chiefs, who are trying to get younger, now have the fifth pick in the first round and presumably the Vikings pick, which is the 17th. Allen had made it clear to the Chiefs that he wouldn't sign a long-term deal with the team.

Now, the Chiefs can use the fifth pick in the first round to find a pass-rushing replacement, either Vernon Gholston of Ohio State or Chris Long of Virginia.

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
31, Look at the part that says "Allen had made it clear to the Chiefs that he would not sign a long term deal with the Chiefs" This is why I said he would do anything possible to screw the Chiefs. Turns out he didn't have to but he was not happy with CP that is for sure!

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Sources: Chiefs agree to send franchise player Allen to Vikes

After The Rush

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/131.jpg
The Vikings better hope that Jared Allen doesn't suffer the same fate as every other sack champion recently. They have all posted fewer sacks the year after winning the crown.

YearPlayer, TeamSacksNext year2007Jared Allen, KC15.5?2006Shawne
Merriman, SD1712.52005Derrick
Burgess, OAK16112004Dwight
Freeney, IND16112003Michael
Strahan, NYG18.542002Jason
Taylor, MIA18.5132001Michael
Strahan, NYG22.5112000La'Roi
Glover, NO178
Jared Allen (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6885), the franchise player for the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan), is heading to a new franchise, the Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min), according to multiple sources.
Late Tuesday night, the Chiefs and the Vikings reached an agreement on a trade package, and at roughly the same time, Allen reached an agreement in principle on a contract with the Vikings. Upon reaching the contract agreement, Allen headed to the airport and left for Minnesota.
The Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night that Allen agreed to one of the largest contracts for a defensive player -- six years for almost $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed.
Sources said the Vikings included a second third-round pick (No. 73) in the 2008 draft to get the deal done. They had been offering a No. 1 pick (17th in the first round) and a No. 3 (No. 82). The teams also swapped spots in the sixth round with the Vikings getting a better spot in the sixth round, sources said.

Allen, a fourth-year defensive end out of Idaho State, led the league in sacks last season with 15½.

The Chiefs, who are trying to get younger, now have the fifth pick in the first round and presumably the Vikings pick, which is the 17th. Allen had made it clear to the Chiefs that he wouldn't sign a long-term deal with the team.

Now, the Chiefs can use the fifth pick in the first round to find a pass-rushing replacement, either Vernon Gholston of Ohio State or Chris Long of Virginia.

Yep.

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't think that Jared is being overpaid, he's a monster and will help the Vikes get to the playoffs this year.

Canada
04-23-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think that Jared is being overpaid, he's a monster and will help the Vikes get to the playoffs this year.

Are you kidding me?
six years for almost $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed. Plus the draft picks!!!

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Are you kidding me?
six years for almost $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed. Plus the draft picks!!!

Jared didn't get the draft picks :sign0104:

He doesn't even own a team yet.

Canada
04-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Jared didn't get the draft picks :sign0104:

He doesn't even own a team yet.

No but the team that overpaid for him had to give them up!! :sign0104:

hermhater
04-23-2008, 01:49 PM
No but the team that overpaid for him had to give them up!! :sign0104:

Yes they do, because we create monsters here at Arrowhead!

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Your out of your mind bro if you don't think they overpaid for him!!!! $74 miilion??????????????????????????????????????????? ????? We'll see how they feel when they get bumped in the 1st or 2nd round next year!!

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Your out of your mind bro if you don't think they overpaid for him!!!! $74 miilion??????????????????????????????????????????? ????? We'll see how they feel when they get bumped in the 1st or 2nd round next year!!

Their D line is pretty solid.

:11:

Not that I like the Vikings or hope they make it past the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Their D line is pretty solid.

:11:

Not that I like the Vikings or hope they make it past the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.
$30 million guaranteed and 3 picks????????? Who did they get, Lawrence Taylor?????????????????

hermhater
04-23-2008, 02:39 PM

I won't argue with you about being out of my mind, we all know I'm slightly out there, but Jared deserves every penny.

I love the fact that he got that extra $69 in his guaranteed $31,000,069 money!

That just cracks me up!

If there were just one or two spots that would send the Chiefs to the playoffs, are you saying you wouldn't pay a player that much to get you there?

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 02:41 PM
$30 million guaranteed and 3 picks????????? Who did they get, Lawrence Taylor?????????????????

He's only 26, he's arguably the best DE in the league, and he probably hasn't hit his ceiling yet. The dude can play. DE is a valuable position in the NFL.

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I won't argue with you about being out of my mind, we all know I'm slightly out there, but Jared deserves every penny.

I love the fact that he got that extra $69 in his guaranteed $31,000,069 money!

That just cracks me up!

If there were just one or two spots that would send the Chiefs to the playoffs, are you saying you wouldn't pay a player that much to get you there?
Not $30 million guaranteed.

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 02:43 PM
He's only 26, he's arguably the best DE in the league, and he probably hasn't hit his ceiling yet. The dude can play. DE is a valuable position in the NFL.
I understand that but not at that cost IMO.

royalswin100games
04-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I understand that but not at that cost IMO.

Think about this,

JA gets double teamed constantly with us and leads the league in sacks. He does not take a play off.

Now he's got Kevin and Pat Williams to take pressure off of him. That is scary.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Think about this,

JA gets double teamed constantly with us and leads the league in sacks. He does not take a play off.

Now he's got Kevin and Pat Williams to take pressure off of him. That is scary.

Very scary.

I'm glad we aren't playing MN next year.

Canada
04-23-2008, 03:16 PM
$30 million guaranteed and 3 picks????????? Who did they get, Derrick Thomas????????????????

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
04-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Jared Allen is worth a lot...I don't have a problem with the pay day, I just find it ironic that they'll pay him this money and will likely lose other valuable free agents of their own over the next year or two because of the amount of salary cap space owed to two star players (Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson)...they also have a stud running back who'll command top dollar in 2-3 years when his rookie contract runs out.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Jared Allen is worth a lot...I don't have a problem with the pay day, I just find it ironic that they'll pay him this money and will likely lose other valuable free agents of their own over the next year or two because of the amount of salary cap space owed to two star players (Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson)...they also have a stud running back who'll command top dollar in 2-3 years when his rookie contract runs out.

Who knows, they might just get to the Super Bowl now with Jared.

And the Chiefs will be there waiting to pass all over their sorry asses!

Herm said it, you have to be able to pass to win in this game.

Now if we could just get him to do it more.

Coach
04-23-2008, 08:39 PM
I think JA got way too rich of a contract.

chief31
04-23-2008, 08:39 PM
31, Look at the part that says "Allen had made it clear to the Chiefs that he would not sign a long term deal with the Chiefs" This is why I said he would do anything possible to screw the Chiefs. Turns out he didn't have to but he was not happy with CP that is for sure!

Oh, because someone else speculated? All that Jared said on the subject is that if he played under the tag, he would not re-sign.

The Chiefs shoved him away, from beginning to end. Now, with no trump in our hand, they had better play the cards that they have, right, or we just might be drafting in an even better spot next year.

I am disgraced by all of this.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
I think JA got way too rich of a contract.

Come on man, this could put the Vikes in the playoffs and making a run at the NFC Championship.

Oh, because someone else speculated? All that Jared said on the subject is that if he played under the tag, he would not re-sign.

The Chiefs shoved him away, from beginning to end. Now, with no trump in our hand, they had better play the cards that they have, right, or we just might be drafting in an even better spot next year.

This whole fiasco was disgusting. I'm glad it's over.

On to the Draft!

:yahoo:

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 08:44 PM

That's my point. It wasn't speculation! He flat out said he wasn't going to play for the Chiefs. He lives here 5 months out of the year and has been on the radio 2 or 3 times this off season. The radio station I listen to was talking about it again today. He wasn't going to play for them after they tagged him period! Reguardless, it sucks and your right, I think we will be in the top 3 come the draft next season!!!! "With the 3rd pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..........."!!!!!!!

chief31
04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
That's my point. It wasn't speculation! He flat out said he wasn't going to play for the Chiefs. He lives here 5 months out of the year and has been on the radio 2 or 3 times this off season. The radio station I listen to was talking about it again today. He wasn't going to play for them after they tagged him period! Reguardless, it sucks and your right, I think we will be in the top 3 come the draft next season!!!! "With the 3rd pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..........."!!!!!!!

No. He said "if he played under the tag" and he chose those exact words for a reason. Because he knew that just being tagged didn't mean that they weren't going to get him his deal.

Either way, I am sure Jared won't be losing much sleep over the Chiefs.

DrunkHillbilly
04-23-2008, 08:51 PM
No. He said "if he played under the tag" and he chose those exact words for a reason. Because he knew that just being tagged didn't mean that they weren't going to get him his deal.

Either way, I am sure Jared won't be losing much sleep over the Chiefs.
Really? Do you get KTAR 620 where you are?

anaeelbackwards
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
i don't think JA would lose much sleep either....

he'll be waiting for us during training camp....

what a scary thought.....

chief31
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Really? Do you get KTAR 620 where you are?

Nope. Do they have a website?

i don't think JA would lose much sleep either....

he'll be waiting for us during training camp....

what a scary thought.....

Yup. I wonder how many QBs we'll be carrying into this season, after Jared is done with them.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Nope. Do they have a website?

Yup. I wonder how many QBs we'll be carrying into this season, after Jared is done with them.

A man of few words...

Anyway I would guess A LOT of QB's this year.

That was stupid getting rid of Printers last year, and not even using Thigpen.

tornadospotter
04-23-2008, 10:11 PM
A man of few words...

Anyway I would guess A LOT of QB's this year.

That was stupid getting rid of Printers last year, and not even using Thigpen.
Bring back Printers, we need a QB that can run, for his life!

Chiefster
04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Given Carl's track record I can't say that I'm surprised here; angry - yes, surprised - no.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Bring back Printers, we need a QB that can run, for his life!

:lol:

I think we can get some really good O lineman in this draft, I'm not too worried about next year!

anaeelbackwards
04-23-2008, 10:22 PM

I think we can get some really good O lineman in this draft, I'm not too worried about next year!

yeah me neither....

its THIS YEAR im worried about...:beer:

hermhater
04-23-2008, 10:24 PM
yeah me neither....

its THIS YEAR im worried about...:beer:

You know that I meant this year smarty pants, and here's yer beer!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/155.jpg

anaeelbackwards
04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
You know that I meant this year smarty pants, and here's yer beer!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/155.jpg

you know i just like yankin yer chain err now and then. :sign0104: :yahoo: :D :lol:

Chiefster
04-23-2008, 10:34 PM
you know i just like yankin yer chain err now and then. :sign0104: :yahoo: :D :lol:

...Something about you and HH we all should, or maybe shouldn't, know about???

hermhater
04-23-2008, 10:36 PM
...Something about you and HH we all should, or maybe shouldn't, know about???

Chiefster
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM

...Thought so.

peekaboo224
04-23-2008, 11:10 PM
JA will definitely make a huge impact on the Vikes defense - I think they will be one of the best defenses in the league but I don't think it will take them to the big game. Their offense really sucks with TJack as quarterback. The only offensive power they have is Peterson.

hermhater
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
JA will definitely make a huge impact on the Vikes defense - I think they will be one of the best defenses in the league but I don't think it will take them to the big game. Their offense really sucks with TJack as quarterback. The only offensive power they have is Peterson.

I think you are exactly right in your assessment.

I also apologize again for the insult the other day.

Again, I thought you were someone else, and it was a case of mistaken identity.

tornadospotter
04-24-2008, 12:16 AM

I am worried about training camp when we scrimmage with the vikes! Put Printers in to run for his life.:yahoo: :lol:

hermhater
04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
I am worried about training camp when we scrimmage with the vikes! Put Printers in to run for his life.:yahoo: :lol:

I hope Jared shares his secrets with out O linemen when we scrimmage, I think he would do it.

JaredAllenMN
04-24-2008, 12:40 AM
yeah this is why the vikings will win the nfc hands down...you put allen on the defense they will not be stopped...not to mention peterson and barrian on offense, jackson will be just fine, i just hope you chief fans get some good picks, cause it seems as if we kind of f'd ya over.. i have always respected chiefs fans, i dont hate you guys, say you guys hate the vikings but i think it will work out for the both of us..

tornadospotter
04-24-2008, 12:51 AM
I hope Jared shares his secrets with our O linemen when we scrimmage, I think he would do it.
fyr :yahoo:

hermhater
04-24-2008, 12:53 AM
yeah this is why the vikings will win the nfc hands down...you put allen on the defense they will not be stopped...not to mention peterson and barrian on offense, jackson will be just fine, i just hope you chief fans get some good picks, cause it seems as if we kind of f'd ya over.. i have always respected chiefs fans, i dont hate you guys, say you guys hate the vikings but i think it will work out for the both of us..

I don't know of anyone here who hates the Vikings, and thanks for the cordial post.

I think you guys are pretty much set up for D this year, and hopefully we sacrificed the right lamb and will get 6 starters for our 13 draft picks.

tornadospotter
04-24-2008, 12:54 AM
:mob: You got one heck of a player, and a KC fan favorite! You all treat him right, and I will not root for you to win, if your playing us!

hermhater
04-24-2008, 12:55 AM
fyr :yahoo:

Thanks guy, I don't know how I missed that!

JaredAllenMN
04-24-2008, 01:11 AM
dont think we play you guys this year wouldnt expect you guys to go for us anyways haha..... just go for us when we go against the packers an the rest of the nfc cause you know JA is gonna serve them lunch

tornadospotter
04-24-2008, 01:17 AM
dont think we play you guys this year wouldnt expect you guys to go for us anyways haha..... just go for us when we go against the packers an the rest of the afc cause you know JA is gonna serve them lunch
I must say, that when Fran Tarkington (idk if i spell that correct), was playing QB for the vikes, the vikes was my second favorite team!

hermhater
04-24-2008, 01:18 AM
dont think we play you guys this year wouldnt expect you guys to go for us anyways haha..... just go for us when we go against the packers an the rest of the nfc cause you know JA is gonna serve them lunch

Since we played against you guys last year, I am gonna assume we don't play you this year.

You guys are gonna dominate your division next year.

Congrats on the JA deal.

chief31
04-24-2008, 01:07 PM

HOLY SH**!!!!! Did Herm and C.P get fired? :D

Yup. Carl Peterson was like a dog in heat, and finally got the #$%&ing he was so desperate for. But good luck to the Vikings. I think this move makes them an instant contender.

anaeelbackwards
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM

we don't play you guys but we do see you guys all training camp..... JA is gonna eat brody alive or whoever they throw in there.

Canada
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM
we don't play you guys but we do see you guys all training camp..... JA is gonna eat brody alive or whoever they throw in there.

You do realize all his powers came from the Red and Gold right? He will be just another average guy now that he dosen't play in Arrowhead!!

anaeelbackwards
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
You do realize all his powers came from the Red and Gold right? He will be just another average guy now that he dosen't play in Arrowhead!!

agreeed. you get all excited and pumped when you see that sea of red and gold.........

how the hell you get pumped up when you see all that purple? no offense VIKE fans...

purple reminds me of,

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/157.jpg

Canada
04-24-2008, 01:36 PM
barney

m0ef0e
04-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree with the move tho I hate to lose a player like Allen. Hopefully we will fill some gaping holes on this team as a result.

jakesmith
04-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah, this was probably the best situation for what was going on. The Chiefs messed up a long time ago and it was just a matter of time before we lost JA. Might as well get some value out of him while you can.

tornadospotter
04-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Yep, he was the Red and Gold tornado!

hermhater
04-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Yep, he was the Red and Gold tornado!

Now he is Barney!

:mob: