PDA

View Full Version : Just heard a report from Chiefs Headquarters

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Wendy Nix who is at the Chiefs headquarters just reported that unless "a few key players who are not expected to be there" are there at #5, look for the Chiefs to trade out of that position to get 2 more draft picks to go from 13 picks to 15 picks in this years draft.

hermhater
04-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't have a problem with this.

I'm assuming that they are talking about Chris Long or Gholston????

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't have a problem with this.

I'm assuming that they are talking about Chris Long or Gholston????
Not sure but I tell ya, I have heard three different people just today talk about Gholston in an unfavorable way. One said he thought he could possibly be the bust of this years draft!!!!!!!!!!!

hermhater
04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Not sure but I tell ya, I have heard three different people just today talk about Gholston in an unfavorable way. One said he thought he could possibly be the bust of this years draft!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what other player could it possibly be?

I have no idea how Herm is gonna draft this year, so I'm at a loss.

hermhater
04-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I just heard that moron Kiper say we might take Harvey with the #5 pick????

:wtfdude:

texaschief
04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I think the two players are Long and Dorsey. The dream scenerio is if McFadden or Ryan are there at 5. Those are the two players that other teams want to trade up for. Hopefully, the Cowboys go for Dmac and give us their 2 first rounders.

hermhater
04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I think the two players are Long and Dorsey. The dream scenerio is if McFadden or Ryan are there at 5. Those are the two players that other teams want to trade up for. Hopefully, the Cowboys go for Dmac and give us their 2 first rounders.

That is an interesting scenario...

I wonder how likely they would be to do it though.

texaschief
04-25-2008, 04:59 PM
That is an interesting scenario...

I wonder how likely they would be to do it though.

not very. the cowboys have holes, but not too many. their two draft picks would probably go a long way to complete the Cowboy's team. they could probably draft Felix Jones at 22 and a WR at 28. I doubt they trade up. We probably trade to 8 with Baltimore for Ryan or to New Orleans who will miss out on Dorsey at 10 so they can grab Ellis.

Coach
04-25-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/story/2008/4/24/193154/446

New Orleans is looking to trade their LT Jammal Brown and their 1st rd pick to try to move up to get Glenn Dorsey. New Orleans currently have the #10 pick. This would be a dream scenario for the Chiefs. Jammal Brown was a pro-bowl LT in 2006. Plus the Chiefs could move down and probably get a great pick at the #10 spot. Maybe a CB or DE. Then come back at #17 and take another lineman like Otah or something. That would be killer!

hermhater
04-25-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/story/2008/4/24/193154/446

New Orleans is looking to trade their LT Jammal Brown and their 1st rd pick to try to move up to get Glenn Dorsey. New Orleans currently have the #10 pick. This would be a dream scenario for the Chiefs. Jammal Brown was a pro-bowl LT in 2006. Plus the Chiefs could move down and probably get a great pick at the #10 spot. Maybe a CB or DE. Then come back at #17 and take another lineman like Otah or something. That would be killer!

I say pull the trigger!

If we can get this guy and their first round pick, it's a no brainer!

:yahoo:

Canada
04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I say pull the trigger!

If we can get this guy and their first round pick, it's a no brainer!

:yahoo:

Assuming that we can trade up to a spot where Dorsey is available, or if he is still available at #5.

Coach
04-25-2008, 05:19 PM

Assuming that we can trade up to a spot where Dorsey is available, or if he is still available at #5.

I'm assuming Dorsey will be there at #5. Everything I'm hearing is that STL will take Chris Long. Then comes ATL. They need a fresh start at QB, and MR Clean Cut Matt Ryan fits the bill perfectly. Then comes OAK, they could take Dorsey, but I think they will do something different.

That would leave us with Dorsey. 50/50 odds probably with Atlanta being the biggest threat to take Dorsey. I'm guessing that we get ATL's leftovers. If they take Dorsey, we take Ryan. If they take Ryan, we either take Dorsey or trade the pick.

Canada
04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I guess we can all cross our fingers.

Guru
04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Dorsey will not be available at #5.

hermhater
04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm assuming Dorsey will be there at #5. Everything I'm hearing is that STL will take Chris Long. Then comes ATL. They need a fresh start at QB, and MR Clean Cut Matt Ryan fits the bill perfectly. Then comes OAK, they could take Dorsey, but I think they will do something different.

That would leave us with Dorsey. 50/50 odds probably with Atlanta being the biggest threat to take Dorsey. I'm guessing that we get ATL's leftovers. If they take Dorsey, we take Ryan. If they take Ryan, we either take Dorsey or trade the pick.

I guess we can all cross our fingers.

I've got my fingers, and eyes crossed!

:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
04-25-2008, 06:47 PM
of course it would be a no brainer if Dorsey fell that far. there's no way he gets past Rams....but if the impossible happens and he does, then the Falcons take him. Then, if the Falcons go brain dead, the Raiders take him.

This is an real impossibility. The only way it might work is if they think dealing from the #5 spot is better than dealing from the 10 spot. Either way, we won't get Brown and the #10 pick for the #5 pick.

Chiefster
04-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Dorsey will not be available at #5.

Unfortunately.