PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs take Glenn Dorsey with their 1st pick!!!!!!

Coach
04-26-2008, 03:42 PM
This Chiefs got the guy that most people consider to be the player player in this year's draft!!!!!!!!

Canada
04-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Repost!!! :p

texaschief
04-26-2008, 03:43 PM
gawd, i hope he stays healthy.

kcchiefs_31
04-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Im happy about this one.

Guru
04-26-2008, 03:56 PM
gawd, i hope he stays healthy.yep.

texaschief
04-26-2008, 03:56 PM
This Dline could get NASTY REAL QUICK. Hali, Tank, Dorsey and if we can grab a good DE, we may not even need CBs. :lol:

houtiger
04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
You're gonna LOVE Glen Dorsey! He has the size strength and quickness, but he is loaded with the intangibles. Never heard of an incident with him off the field. He is like a pied piper, with his megawatt smile, everyone loves him, he should be good in the locker room. He is a leader. He played hurt a lot this season, knee and tailbone. Other players said when they got down after the 2 losses, you look over and see Glen Dorsey playing his butt off after being in the training room all week, and they had to keep going hard. If Glen Dorsey wanted to win a game that bad, they had to put out for him.

Glen's quickness and agility for a big man always impressed me. He pretty much faced a double team his whole Sr. season.

Don't know if you heard the story about him having to wear braces on his legs as a young child and not being able to play ball outside for a couple of years. After he got his braces off, he was so happy to be able to run and play with the other boys. Then the other parents complained he was too rough, wanted him banned from little league, or moved up in age group.

I think he's a solid citizen and a good leader. I'll stop back by for a while, and drop in during the season. I used to pull for the Chiefs when I was a kid and Johnny Robinson was your safety (from LSU). I doubt if very many of you remember Johnny from the 60's. Last I heard he was retired in La., had a health problem the last couple of years.

bigpoppachief
04-26-2008, 04:18 PM
DAMN RIGHT BABY !!!! We just got the best player in the draft this year ! Good job Herm ! Im so glad we passed on Ghoulston. GO CHIEFS !!! I hope albert falls to 17 how sweet would that be ! lol

Polleo Pit Man
04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Awsome Pick!!!!!

spiman
04-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Now how much will he cost $? Signing bonus=16+?

texaschief
04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Now how much will he cost $? Signing bonus=16+?

Don't worry. Carl will pay him. He always does. :lol: :lol:

derrickjohnsontribute
04-26-2008, 05:37 PM
What a great draft thus far for the Chiefs. I'm freaking pumped about Dorsey. I think we'll get a great CB in round two, and look for a WR and QB later on as well.

Northcountry68
04-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Awesome pick, A first round d line that is solid.

tammietailgator
04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1GG7CH0oaAM

bad video but nice to see

chief31
04-27-2008, 05:53 AM
I was shocked that we didn't accept the trade from the Saints. They were offering their first round pick, (#10, just five spots back) along with their 2nd round pick today, and another 1st rounder next year.

It's amazing what some will give up for an unknown quantity.

Having said that, I do like Dorsey alot. And I am glad that we did something to address the o-line. Not what I would have done, but it was something. And I even like Flowers pretty well too.

hermhater
04-27-2008, 07:08 AM
DAMN RIGHT BABY !!!! We just got the best player in the draft this year ! Good job Herm ! Im so glad we passed on Ghoulston. GO CHIEFS !!! I hope albert falls to 17 how sweet would that be ! lol

:yahoo:

Canada
04-27-2008, 07:59 AM
I was shocked that we didn't accept the trade from the Saints. They were offering their first round pick, (#10, just five spots back) along with their 2nd round pick today, and another 1st rounder next year.

Having said that, I do like Dorsey alot. And I am glad that we did something to address the o-line. Not what I would have done, but it was something. And I even like Flowers pretty well too.

I agree. I thought we should have traded and gone after Sedrick Ellis. I am however pretty happy with how the rest of the draft went. Since we traded Jared our D line probably woulda been just as bad, if not worse than our O line. I don't know a lot outside of what I have heard here and on draft day about Albert so I am glad we got an O Lineman. B Flowers looks alright too. I saw Dorsey a few times last season and I really like him!! All in all so far Carl and Herm are doing a great job IMO!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I agree. I thought we should have traded and gone after Sedrick Ellis. I am however pretty happy with how the rest of the draft went. Since we traded Jared our D line probably woulda been just as bad, if not worse than our O line. I don't know a lot outside of what I have heard here and on draft day about Albert so I am glad we got an O Lineman. B Flowers looks alright too. I saw Dorsey a few times last season and I really like him!! All in all so far Carl and Herm are doing a great job IMO!! :bananen_smilies046:

Herm and Carl are making excellent decisions so far!

I'm not sure what class they took(Football 101), or if they have finally paid attention to the Crowd, but this KICKS ***!!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
04-27-2008, 04:07 PM

That report was erroneous according to the Chiefs. New Orleans offering to swap 1st round picks and give the Chiefs a 7th rounder.

The Chiefs laughed at that offer and took the best player in the draft.

Quote from KCChiefs.com:
The Chiefs phone rang several times with teams trying to move up to the fifth spot. The NFL Network incorrectly reported that New Orleans offered its first and second-round choices this year and a first-round choice next year. Hardly to believe the league’s own network can make a mistake as big as this one. If that offer had been made, the Chiefs would have jumped. Instead, the Saints offered a swap of first round picks (moving down from five to 10) and then a seventh-round choice, the 218th pick of the draft.

Pro_Angler
04-27-2008, 07:44 PM
LOL love that^^^^

I agree with you guy's I believe it was the right pick and not only that to go back and move up to the #15 spot and snag another great player was just brilliant. I believe just like most everyone on TV when i say the KC CHIEFS had the bestdraft out of the NFL!!!!!!!!1

hermhater
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
LOL love that^^^^

I agree with you guy's I believe it was the right pick and not only that to go back and move up to the #15 spot and snag another great player was just brilliant. I believe just like most everyone on TV when i say the KC CHIEFS had the bestdraft out of the NFL!!!!!!!!1

The Chiefs had the best draft by far!

:11:

royalswin100games
04-27-2008, 10:25 PM
The Chiefs had the best draft by far!

:11:

Oh yeah. We did well.

hermhater
04-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah. We did well.

I am stoked about our new team!

royalswin100games
04-27-2008, 10:34 PM
I am stoked about our new team!

So am I. Hopefully the youth movement will give us a spark. I'm glad we got Dorsey to take care of McFadd twice a year.

chief31
04-28-2008, 04:57 AM
That report was erroneous according to the Chiefs. New Orleans offering to swap 1st round picks and give the Chiefs a 7th rounder.

The Chiefs laughed at that offer and took the best player in the draft.

That sounds like BS to me. Noone would ever even bother to make that call. That is about like saying that the Chiefs called the Saints to offer to swap picks "straight-up". That just doesn't happen.

Not to mention, Adam Scheffter reported it as fact. And when he says something, I believe it. How much do any of us believe what C.P. tells his cronies to report?

Coach
04-28-2008, 07:53 AM
That sounds like BS to me. Noone would ever even bother to make that call. That is about like saying that the Chiefs called the Saints to offer to swap picks "straight-up". That just doesn't happen.

Not to mention, Adam Scheffter reported it as fact. And when he says something, I believe it. How much do any of us believe what C.P. tells his cronies to report?

First, I don't know why they would lie about it. Secondly, I do think they would have taken any deal where they were offered two 1st's and a 2nd. They said repeatedly that they were looking to acquire more picks in this draft. Lastly, Adam Scheffter was not in the Saints warroom or the Chiefs warroom, so the information he received obviously was second hand information. It wouldn't be the first time that something got lost in the translation.

Regardless, I'm happy with the guy we got and the draft as a whole. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is a stupid game to play at this point.

Polleo Pit Man
04-28-2008, 11:30 AM
who really fu#kin cares? we have what we have now. deal with it. i think we did great sat. but not sure on sun? reguardless you, tex, arent the coaches and really your opinion means nuthin to them....same as me, and everyone else. we will see what happens i hope for the best...............

DrunkHillbilly
04-28-2008, 11:41 AM
CP and Herm did a nice job this weekend. Not sure what kind of an impact it will have this season but 2 or 3 years down the road, we should be a very formidable team if we address the QB position. Sounds good to hear everyone on the tube talking about how great a draft the Chiefs had.

Dyno-Mite
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
The Chiefs did have the best draft.I definitely look at Glenn Dorsey as a guy that can be depended on as a leader.Our defensive tackle woe problems are solved.We desperately do need to sign a dominate defensive end to replace Jared Allen.Our defensive line problems still existed 100% without having a dominate defensive end.So far it'll be Dorsey,Boone(Ace Boone),Hali and maybe..................did someone say...............Jason Taylor!?:footballhelmet:

jakethesnake
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
im just so glad and think the chiefs were fortunate that glenn dorsey fell right into our laps. just think maybe 2010, future lineup consisting of, dorsey and tank, then hali, page and pollard on the outside, with carr and flowers with johnson attackin it like he always does, im lickin my chops. with the right teaching, i think we are gonna be good.

Chiefster
04-29-2008, 10:05 PM
This Chiefs got the guy that most people consider to be the player player in this year's draft!!!!!!!!

The experts all agree that Herm and Carl had a good draft. I'll believe it when I see it on the field, but that's just me; I'm a bit jaded. :D

jakethesnake
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
The experts all agree that Herm and Carl had a good draft. I'll believe it when I see it on the field, but that's just me; I'm a bit jaded. :D

i hope i did the quote thing right,

but im in total agreement with you there brother. i, myself wont start believing until carl peterson signs these draftees a good time before training camp. let's already get these deals signed and get these boys into camp.

Chiefster
04-29-2008, 10:20 PM
i hope i did the quote thing right,

but im in total agreement with you there brother. i, myself wont start believing until carl peterson signs these draftees a good time before training camp. let's already get these deals signed and get these boys into camp.

You're catching on to the quoting thing quite nicely.

Yeah he needs to get the deals done, and then they have assimilate to football in the NFL. Draft picks are is never a sure thing.

Pro_Angler
05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
for sure. it doesnt mean anything that we drafted them (which is BS) I just hopw everyone see's the route KC is going and jumps on the band wagon!

hermhater
05-02-2008, 10:44 PM
for sure. it doesnt mean anything that we drafted them (which is BS) I just hopw everyone see's the route KC is going and jumps on the band wagon!

I'm on the band wagon!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
05-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Me too!!
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4763

JamesP2G
05-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Glenn Dorsey best Obvious pick, Ron Girault best sleeper pick..

Go Chiefs!