PDA

View Full Version : William Franklin

royalswin100games
04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/franklin_william00.html

He dropped some passes in some key games last year but is pretty good overall. Besides,

HE'S A TIGER

Canada
04-27-2008, 10:47 PM

He dropped some passes in some key games last year but is pretty good overall. Besides,

HE'S A TIGER

We gotta replace Parker somehow!! :lol:

royalswin100games
04-27-2008, 10:53 PM
We gotta replace Parker somehow!! :lol:

:lol:

tornadospotter
04-27-2008, 10:54 PM

HE'S A TIGER
I for one can forget about that, and just see that he is a CHIEF!!
:D

royalswin100games
04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
I for one can forget about that, and just see that he is a CHIEF!!

KU fans... sheesh. :D

tornadospotter
04-27-2008, 10:57 PM
KU fans... sheesh. :D
Are we talking football or basketball here. I live in NEBRASKA! :D

royalswin100games
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Are we talking football or basketball here. I live in NEBRASKA! :D

I will remove foot from mouth now...

I'm used to KU fans on the site. I think hatred and myself are the only Mizzou fans.

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-27-2008, 11:09 PM
I will remove foot from mouth now...

I'm used to KU fans on the site. I think hatred and myself are the only Mizzou fans.

I think you are probably right.

tammietailgator
04-27-2008, 11:58 PM

HE'S A TIGER
You like the other tigers, royals!!

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 12:01 AM
You like the other tigers, royals!!

I liked the other Tigers for my bracket.

:11:

Right now, Mizzou basketball is crap.

tammietailgator
04-28-2008, 12:02 AM
I liked the other Tigers for my bracket.

:11:

Right now, Mizzou basketball is crap.
got it!!!

McLovin
04-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Kinda scares me that he went to a Junior College like Mizzou but I guess if you cant get on a real team. Just thought I would add the comment .. so far it seems like KC had a great draft... hope it holds up.

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Kinda scares me that he went to a Junior College like Mizzou but I guess if you cant get on a real team. Just thought I would add the comment .. so far it seems like KC had a great draft... hope it holds up.

Alright KU fan, don't start. We will see this season bud.

Canada
04-28-2008, 01:12 AM

How did your new team make out in the draft?

McLovin
04-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Actually I am a KU Basketball fan but not a KU Football fan, I am all Iowa Hawkeyes for football, KU and MU could combine and bring their best players and couldnt play football in the Big Ten, I am however starting to like LSU seems like KC has a strong LSU connection working at the moment, and it looks good.

tammietailgator
04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
looks like it will be me and leanna then as true jayhawkers!! ROCK CHALK!! but that is another day.... way after the Chiefs start their game:bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Actually I am a KU Basketball fan but not a KU Football fan, I am all Iowa Hawkeyes for football, KU and MU could combine and bring their best players and couldnt play football in the Big Ten, I am however starting to like LSU seems like KC has a strong LSU connection working at the moment, and it looks good.

How did being a Hawkeye fan work out for you last year? And we'll agree to disagree on the Big 10/Big 12 argument.

McLovin
04-28-2008, 01:26 AM
How did your new team make out in the draft?

I said I would be watching a new team if the Chiefs traded Allen for less then the equivilent of a 1st and a 2nd round pick. I feel a 17th overall and two 3rds is very good compensation, Jake Long was off the Board, Instead of trading down to get Branden Albert we got him with the other first rounder, we picked up Dorsey who will hopefully be as big soon as Allen, and we also got two more picks.

I kinda question drafting a running back and even though I think Croyle has the stuff if he gets some help from the line, I feel that a QB like Andre Woodson would have been better then a running back in that situation. Although after looking it would be nice to have a 3rd RB that was good to backup LJ and Kolby, I dont think that Battle is a good RB but possibly more of a FB.

Canada
04-28-2008, 01:28 AM
I said I would be watching a new team if the Chiefs traded Allen for less then the equivilent of a 1st and a 2nd round pick. I feel a 17th overall and two 3rds is very good compensation, Jake Long was off the Board, Instead of trading down to get Branden Albert we got him with the other first rounder, we picked up Dorsey who will hopefully be as big soon as Allen, and we also got two more picks.

I kinda question drafting a running back and even though I think Croyle has the stuff if he gets some help from the line, I feel that a QB like Andre Woodson would have been better then a running back in that situation. Although after looking it would be nice to have a 3rd RB that was good to backup LJ and Kolby, I dont think that Battle is a good RB but possibly more of a FB.

I know what you said....so how did the new team make out?

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 01:31 AM

The situation in the third round? Woodson was taken in the sixth.

I think you underestimate Jamaal Charles. I highly doubt he plays behind Smith next year.

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Missouris Franklin grabs a chance by being drafted by the Chiefs

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.kansascity.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); } http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/04/27/22/456-MIZZOU_SP_090206_MLR_21222F.1_04-28-2008_FB12LFJU.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/04/27/22/174-MIZZOU_SP_090206_MLR_21222F.1_04-28-2008_FB12LFJU.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg)
Wide receiver Will Franklin finished his MU career fourth all time in receptions.

Wide receiver Will Franklin spent much of his college career at Missouri overshadowed by bigger-name players: Chase Daniel, Martin Rucker, Jeremy Maclin and Chase Coffman.
He will walk into much the same situation with the Chiefs, who drafted Franklin with their fourth-round pick on Sunday. He’ll be in line behind Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson and Dwayne Bowe.
But immediate playing time will be available to Franklin if he earns it. The Chiefs, after releasing Eddie Kennison and allowing Samie Parker to sign with Denver as a free agent, are looking for help at his position. Only Bowe is established at wide receiver.
“I’ll have to learn that one,” said Franklin, acknowledging he knows little about the Chiefs’ receiving situation other than Bowe.
The Chiefs signed Devard Darling from Baltimore as a free agent, but he produced little in four seasons with the Ravens. They also have Jeff Webb and Bobby Sippio.
So Franklin is walking into a pretty good situation for a young receiver whether he realizes it or not.
“My goal is to come in there and establish myself as their next receiver,” he said.
Franklin is already well-acquainted with Bowe. To prepare for the draft, he worked out at the same facility in Arizona that Bowe used last year.
“I actually met him a while back during the Super Bowl,” Franklin said. “It’s kind of big that I established a relationship with him. I know he’s a good guy and he’ll help me out as much as I need.”
Although Franklin wasn’t necessarily Missouri’s headliner, he carved out a nice career as a Tiger. He is fourth on the school’s all-time list in catches (143) behind Rucker, Justin Gage and Kenny Holly and fourth in receiving yardage (2,125) behind Gage, Victor Bailey and Rucker.
It earned him a fourth-round call from the Chiefs, one that couldn’t come fast enough for Franklin.
“You get the calls throughout the process and you wait,” Franklin said. “They say things, but the Chiefs, they always had an interest in me. They gave me the call and let me know they were about to put in the card.”