PDA

View Full Version : King Charles

AkChief49
04-28-2008, 03:02 AM
sorry if this a repost, but this is cool....YouTube - Jamaal Charles Highlights

hermhater
04-28-2008, 03:09 AM
This is not a repost and this is awesome!

:yahoo:

texaschief
04-28-2008, 03:11 AM
yeah, this guy is going to suck...:lol:

I wonder how long he'll be the 3rd string RB. I bet he replaces LJ as the starter within 3 years.

This guy is a football player who ran track...not a track star who played football.

There's a BIG difference.

Three7s
04-28-2008, 03:13 AM
A guy with break-away speed, ability to read even the smallest holes, and make LIGHTNING quick moves. Not to mention break some tackles! This guy is gonna be good.

AkChief49
04-28-2008, 03:17 AM

I wonder how long he'll be the 3rd string RB. I bet he replaces LJ as the starter within 3 years.

This guy is a football player who ran track...not a track star who played football.

There's a BIG difference.the last track star we had was non other than C.Okoye a.k.a. the Nigerian Nightmare! I see he was one of your fave's too!This guy(Charles)is a bit more of an elusive runner...makes the first one miss and seems to always end up in the secondary.....yeah, this guy does not suck!!!

hermhater
04-28-2008, 03:17 AM

There's a BIG difference.

A guy with break-away speed, ability to read even the smallest holes, and make LIGHTNING quick moves. Not to mention break some tackles! This guy is gonna be good.

And the Chiefs are gonna kick *** this year!

:yahoo:

Three7s
04-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Oh, I forgot, HE CAN CATCH!:D

texaschief
04-28-2008, 03:25 AM
Good to have another "TexasChief" around. :lol:

hermhater
04-28-2008, 04:12 AM
Good to have another "TexasChief" around. :lol:

It's nice to have good things come out of Texas, as it is so rare for the general population.

:biggrin:

chief31
04-28-2008, 07:34 AM
During the draft, while NFL Network was talking about Charles, they were showing some film on the sideline, and this guy looks alot like Priest Holmes.

Not on the field, so much, but his face looks like Priest.

tornadospotter
04-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Hum mm, Maybe a priest type of running back! LJ will need to beware! With this guy and Kolby Smith, LJ may be riding the bench more than he likes. This will be good, LJ will get tick off, and maybe start running angry again!

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Chiefs choose Charles to put a charge in running game

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.kansascity.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); } http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/04/27/22/890-SPORTS-FBC-TCU-TEXAS-16-FT_04-28-2008_FB12LFOB.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/04/27/22/462-SPORTS-FBC-TCU-TEXAS-16-FT_04-28-2008_FB12LFOB.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg)
Defenders had a hard time catching Texas running back Jamaal Charles last season.

The Chiefs might have moved from their philosophy of drafting immediate starters, but they did so Sunday to pull a fast one.
Texas running back Jamaal Charles was the Chiefs’ first of three picks in the third round of the NFL draft, the 73rd overall pick. And even though he probably will start his career behind Larry Johnson and Kolby Smith, Charles could be the fastest player on the team.
“When I get like three steps on people,” Charles said Sunday, “most people don’t come from behind me and catch me.”
Charles said he was the fastest player at Texas, a school known for producing outstanding running backs. The Longhorns have had a 1,000-yard rusher each year since 1995. One former Texas running back was a Chiefs star who was chosen to three Pro Bowls during his seven seasons in Kansas City — and made an impression on Charles.
“I’m going to go up there and try to do what Priest Holmes did,” Charles said.
Like Holmes, Charles is an undersized back who coaches admit might not be built to carry an NFL team’s load. Charles is listed at 199 pounds. But more impressive is that he was a sprinter at Texas for one season, long enough to be selected an All-American in four events. Then, he quit track and settled on football.
But sometimes, his former football coach said, Charles had to learn to prove his skills reached beyond quickness.
“He doesn’t bring good speed to a pro team; he brings great speed,” Texas coach Mack Brown said. “He could outrun people … but last year about midseason, he found out the quickest way to the goal line was straight ahead.”
Regardless of which route he takes, the Chiefs see Charles as a potential kick returner, at least in the beginning. Charles said he would embrace that role, if that was his best way to get regular playing time.
Chiefs vice president of player personnel Bill Kuharich said Charles was high on the team’s third-round draft board. But running back is one position where the Chiefs did not face a glaring need — not as they did at offensive line and defensive end.
Coach Herm Edwards has said for weeks the Chiefs would draft for need. He said Sunday that Charles was too good to pass up, despite the fact that running back is one of Kansas City’s deepest positions.
“Anyone we draft has the ability to compete for a starting position,” Edwards said. “That’s what you want. You want a competitive environment.
“We like to run the ball. You always need three good running backs.”
The Chiefs think Charles is one of them. That probably would squeeze Jackie Battle out of the picture. Battle, who played last year after Johnson and Smith were injured, was on the practice squad for most of the 2007 season.
Edwards called Charles a “role guy,” and the Chiefs want Charles’ role to be a change-up for defenses, a quick alternative to Johnson’s more bruising style.
Then again, Charles said he doesn’t want to be labeled a one-skill rusher. He said he didn’t gain 1,619 yards rushing last year by being one-dimensional.
“Many people think I can’t break tackles, but I can break tackles,” he said. “I know what I can do. I know I can carry a load. I know I can help my team out.
“I know I can be a starter because of the things I can do on the field.”
For now, he doesn’t have to be.

m0ef0e
04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
The TD runs at about 4:00, 4:20, 6:25, and 7:35 were amazing!

hermhater
04-28-2008, 05:26 PM
The TD runs at about 4:00, 4:20, 6:25, and 7:35 were amazing!

:bananen_smilies046:

They kick ***, now :beer:

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 05:36 PM
During the draft, while NFL Network was talking about Charles, they were showing some film on the sideline, and this guy looks alot like Priest Holmes.

Not on the field, so much, but his face looks like Priest.

:lol:

bigpoppachief
04-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Hum mm, Maybe a priest type of running back! LJ will need to beware! With this guy and Kolby Smith, LJ may be riding the bench more than he likes. This will be good, LJ will get tick off, and maybe start running angry again!

I like that ! LJ running angry again !!!

rbedgood
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I like that ! LJ running angry again !!!

Probably the biggest reason to draft Charles. Not that Charles isn't good in his own right, but drafting him should light a fire under someone else's posterior.

AkChief49
04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Probably the biggest reason to draft Charles. Not that Charles isn't good in his own right, but drafting him should light a fire under someone else's posterior.also too, LJ cannot keep running the ball 25-30 times a game-just about the entire league is going to a two back set. LJ with power, KS and KC(King Charles-gotta love that) with scat and speed. not to mention this guy returning punts maybe. But I do agree with the competition in the backfield, perhaps there will be more heat under the seat:bananen_smilies046:

Coach
04-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm most impressed with his acceleration and speed. Could be a great threat on screen plays.

AkChief49
04-28-2008, 11:46 PM
who does KC remind anyone of? i.e. his style of running

Three7s
04-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Priest Holmes!:D

hermhater
04-28-2008, 11:54 PM
also too, LJ cannot keep running the ball 25-30 times a game-just about the entire league is going to a two back set. LJ with power, KS and KC(King Charles-gotta love that) with scat and speed. not to mention this guy returning punts maybe. But I do agree with the competition in the backfield, perhaps there will be more heat under the seat:bananen_smilies046:

I agree with the going to a two back set, I hope Herm decides to implement it also.

If he becomes the second of the go two's then I imagine we will use that receiver we got later in the draft, someone refresh my memory...

I'm most impressed with his acceleration and speed. Could be a great threat on screen plays.

He would be an awesome threat on screen plays as long as we get this O line shored up.

I'm still not convinced that the rookies we have got and are still signing are gonna be able to pull of too many screen plays this early in their careers.

who does KC remind anyone of? i.e. his style of running

Priest Holmes!:D

I think it was chief31 said the same thing, but only that he reminded of him because they look the same in the face.

AkChief49
04-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Starting at 2:46 there are three runs in a row that sort of remind me of M.Allen-just a slight shift to make the first one miss, and on up the middle! Once he gets to the weight room- this guy will be even more awesome!!

Three7s
04-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Well, the way his body is build is sort of like Priest, but I think JC is faster. I thought of Marcus Allen, as well!

AkChief49
04-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, the way his body is build is sort of like Priest, but I think JC is faster. I thought of Marcus Allen, as well!He does have the speed to the outside and can catch out of the backfield like Priest, after all they were both Longhorns:bananen_smilies046:

jakesmith
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I dont keep tabs on college players but that was an awesome highlight video. I really liked his ability to keep his feet moving and make people miss and then burst through a hole he sees. He definately has good field awareness. This guy is going to be a great compliment to LJ's brusing power back style.

Now if the O-line can make the holes for them.

hermhater
04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
You stupid if L.J. ever rides the bench.You sound like a jackass mentioning that L.J. needs to beware.STFU.

I'm pretty sure we are gonna be going to a 2 back set, so LJ will be getting a break more often and will be better able to keep his wheels fresh!

You are a pretty eloquent guy there Grbac.

Three7s
04-29-2008, 04:43 PM
LJ will only be on the bench if he's either taking a quick break or he's hurt. Hope it isn't the latter! However, to arrogantly say that he has no chance of ever being on the bench is just plain naive. I strongly suggest choosing your words wisely.

hermhater
04-29-2008, 05:09 PM
LJ will only be on the bench if he's either taking a quick break or he's hurt. Hope it isn't the latter! However, to arrogantly say that he has no chance of ever being on the bench is just plain naive. I strongly suggest choosing your words wisely.

You tell 'em 3-7s!

:bananen_smilies046:

jakesmith
04-29-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm pretty sure we are gonna be going to a 2 back set, so LJ will be getting a break more often and will be better able to keep his wheels fresh!

You are a pretty eloquent guy there Grbac.

He did name himself Grbac. Where does he play again? Chiefs should have kept Gannon and let Grbac go.

hermhater
04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
He did name himself Grbac. Where does he play again? Chiefs should have kept Gannon and let Grbac go.

Exactly!

:sign0098:

rbedgood
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Grbac was karma at work...you got the last couple good years of Montana, the least you could do is take Elvis off our hands too!!! LOL

hermhater
04-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Grbac was karma at work...you got the last couple good years of Montana, the least you could do is take Elvis off our hands too!!! LOL

:mob:

kcmostwanted
05-03-2008, 04:13 AM
the last track star we had was non other than C.Okoye a.k.a. the Nigerian Nightmare! I see he was one of your fave's too!This guy(Charles)is a bit more of an elusive runner...makes the first one miss and seems to always end up in the secondary.....yeah, this guy does not suck!!!

I thought the last track star we had was Sammy Parker..

didn't the chiefs draft him because of his 4.3 (something) track speed?? I guess they forgot to watch game film of his hands....

Three7s
05-03-2008, 04:15 AM
Now that I think about it, all Parker had was speed. His hand were made out of ice, and he wasn't physical at all. Not to mention, he was small. What a waste.

Canada
05-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Here it is YZILLA!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
05-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Here it is YZILLA!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
05-04-2008, 08:00 AM
YZILLA is not an ***!!

AkChief49
05-04-2008, 10:48 AM
I thought the last track star we had was Sammy Parker..

didn't the chiefs draft him because of his 4.3 (something) track speed?? I guess they forgot to watch game film of his hands....I was talking about drafted running backs:D

AkChief49
07-30-2008, 08:46 PM
is he the one?

arrowheadGoon305
08-04-2008, 11:54 PM
jamaal charles i think a (4.37) fourty tym....hes a fast n an elusive back...he did a rely good job in texas...i think he wud do good on da chiefz