PDA

View Full Version : Bigpoppachiefs draft one by one

bigpoppachief
04-28-2008, 06:26 PM
1. Glen Dorsey - What can I say ? FUTURE PRO BOWLER
it's simple Glen Dorsey was the greatest player in this year's draft. It is the second coming of warren Sapp. This guy will be an immediate impact and will make a already tough defense tougher. Now all he has to do is grow a mullet and people in KC will be saying Jared who ?

2. Brandon Albert - Brandon Albert will be better than Jake Long. Watch video on this guy and you will see why. Jake Long is going to be good don't get me wrong but where long makes a block and holds it Albert pancakes his guy then runs downfield with the RB and pancakes another guy 15 yds from the line of scrimmage. The word BEAST was invented fro this guy. And even if we find someone that can play LT he will be a dominate guard. Think about all the best guards taken in the drafts, Andrews, Mankins they are both two of the best guards in the NFL so no matter how you look at it Albert will be a great o line man. A Protype LT that at the end of his career they will compare LT's to him.

3. Brandon Flowers - A cornerback who can scare WR's AND running backs. I mean do you realise how many TFL's this guy had ? Simply amazing ! Great ball skills and tenacious. He will be starting mark my word and I am predicting at least 4 interceptions for him rookie year and he will have at least 5 Forced Fumbles as well.

4.Jamall Charles - a GEM ! 4th fastest RB in the draft. I live in texas and am a UT fan and I was telling my friend i wish we would of traded LJ and got this guy. well we got the guy and Kept LJ. Dont get me wrong I love LJ but i just know that charles could be an elite back and now we have him in KC. Trust me if LJ starts getting shut down we can put this kid in and he will change the game for us. He can catch out of the backfield, He can juke guys and despite what people say he CAN run people over as well. LJ and JC are a great one two punch.

5. Brad Cottam - 4.63 40 so has good speed being his size, six foot eight !A great TE with potential to be one of the greatest. He could of been a first round TE if not injured but still alot of people projected him being taken in late second round. He has great size and with TG giving him tips he could turn into a great TE. Look at his last three games ! all against good teams ! Cant tell me this guy don't have potential !
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146879

6. DaJuan Morgan - He will be a immediate impact on special teams. This guy LOVES to hit people. Our special teams sucked last year and this guy will want to light people up and thats what we need.

7. Will Franklin - A WR from Mizzou. I really don't know alot about the guy but he does have good size being 6'2 also he is a deep threat kind of player and along with Bowe and IM PRAYING nightly they give sippio his chance they could be a great threat. The only WR faster than this kid was Desean Jackson so thats saying something.

8. Brandon Carr - CB really dont know anything except he has great Potential I dont understand this pick but im just a fan

9. Barry Richardson - A LT that will become out RT. He is 6'7 and weighs in at 320 so he is massive. He could very well be a great steal for us getting him in the sixth round.

10. K rob kevin robinson will be a great special teams asest and hopefully will get more yards then eddie drummond did.

11. Brian Johnston - Maybe this article will be a signs of things to come lol they actually compare him to JA. This guy just may be a hidden Gem and after reading the article im more excited about him then when i first looked at his name.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/brian_johnston.htm

12. micheal merrit - Honestly this pick i dont understand at all. We drafted a TE last year and we drated Cottam earlier in the draft. Who knows and since it was last pick I guess who cares.

Overall it is a great draft and i am excited about seeing these players develop for OUR team.

m0ef0e
04-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I was reading that Merrit (pick 12) will be a blocker only.

hermhater
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
I am beginning to fear that TG might be going the way of JA.

This is way too many TE's on one team.

m0ef0e
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I am beginning to fear that TG might be going the way of JA.

This is way too many TE's on one team.

...3??? We've gone with 3 TE's for a long time. :lol:

The sky is NOT falling and Gonzo isn't going anywhere. Remember we got rid of Dunn and Kris Wilson so we needed depth at the position because TG was our ONLY TE left if I am not mistaken.

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Everybody wants to compare Dorsey to Sapp. I hope he will be better. I'd like to see him have a Reggie White type career.

bigpoppachief
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM

The sky is NOT falling and Gonzo isn't going anywhere. Remember we got rid of Dunn and Kris Wilson so we needed depth at the position because TG was our ONLY TE left if I am not mistaken.

Yeah we are fine at TE now ! lol plus gonzo aint going nowhere !

bigpoppachief
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Everybody wants to compare Dorsey to Sapp. I hope he will be better. I'd like to see him have a Reggie White type career.

Thats just because they are both DT's but i would not complain to have a young warren sapp :D

rbedgood
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Ummm..."The Minister of Defense" was a DE and he didn't do a great job in run support. The reason for the comparisons is that Sapp was a DT that didn't just stuff the run but also provided some pressure on the QB...also he made the DEs better by attracting 2-3 blockers giving everyone else only one man to beat.

royalswin100games
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Ummm..."The Minister of Defense" was a DE and he didn't do a great job in run support. The reason for the comparisons is that Sapp was a DT that didn't just stuff the run but also provided some pressure on the QB...also he made the DEs better by attracting 2-3 blockers giving everyone else only one man to beat.

Do your research. The minister of defense was also a DT at one point.

:bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Do your research. The minister of defense was also a DT at one point.

:bananen_smilies046:

You are correct sir, however he was a DT like Marshall Faulk was a WR...sure they both lined up at those positions, but it isn't what they were known for!!!

royalswin100games
04-29-2008, 02:07 AM
You are correct sir, however he was a DT like Marshall Faulk was a WR...sure they both lined up at those positions, but it isn't what they were known for!!!

I still would rather have Dorsey end up with a career like White rather than Sapp - all with the Red and Gold.

:11: :bananen_smilies046:

jakesmith
04-29-2008, 03:43 PM

Chiefs stll have the TE out of that small school in Washington. Think his name was Michael Allen. He will most likely be a backup to Gonzo and the new guy will be for goal line situations, because of his size and he has pretty good hands.

As for Gonzo leaving.....He has a long-term deal that they ink'd last year, he will be around for at least 4 more years, which is when his contract expires.

royalswin100games
04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Chiefs stll have the TE out of that small school in Washington. Think his name was Michael Allen. He will most likely be a backup to Gonzo and the new guy will be for goal line situations, because of his size and he has pretty good hands.

As for Gonzo leaving.....He has a long-term deal that they ink'd last year, he will be around for at least 4 more years, which is when his contract expires.

Brad Cottam is the new TE you're talking about, and he will probably be #2 on the depth chart IMO.

leaves
05-02-2008, 09:58 AM
It was a good draft huh. Dorsey is likely going to become the next Warren Sapp, but possibly lil more athletic. Alberts alright, we'll see how it goes. So glad we go Brandon Flowers, thought we'd grab him, he's effin good. Cottam, couple Wr's, not too bad.

The only downer for me was that there were qb's into the 6th n 7th rds that we could have picked up. And a 6th or 7th rd qb SHOULDNT be a threat to brodie croyle's job. If somebody like Matt Flynn, Andre Woodson, or Colt Brennan's gonna compete with Croyle...that says something about our qb situation.

anaeelbackwards
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Brad Cottam is the new TE you're talking about, and he will probably be #2 on the depth chart IMO.

#2? what happened with kris wilson?

royalswin100games
05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
#2? what happened with kris wilson?

He played FB last year. He was cut. Signed with the Eagles I believe.