PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs could be forced to release Green

Chiefster
04-26-2007, 12:22 AM
If a deal is not made by draft day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtDMk3s4i9REC8RB16zhlGRDubYF?slug=jc-green042507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

stlchief
04-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Green holds all the cards, but a sixth rould pick is a joke. Hall was worth a 5th round pick. That's for 10 plays a game. You bank your entire season on him, and say a sixth round pick.

If the Dolphins don't give, I think Trent is the one who comes out looking bad. He is under contract and if he isn't traded by the draft, I can hear Peterson coming out and saying "we already agreed in principle months ago to a contract with trent. we'll go that route and be glad to have him back as a Chief." Then he rides the bench at a cheaper rate OR he holds out and looks like a double-crossing so-and-so for changing his mind...

Chiefster
04-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Green holds all the cards, but a sixth rould pick is a joke...
I completely agree; that is a very bad joke.

wolfpack
04-26-2007, 10:07 AM
a 6th is a joke but i wouldn`t give anymore. the queen is or already has blown this one.

Chiefster
04-26-2007, 10:14 AM
a 6th is a joke but i wouldn`t give anymore. the queen is or already has blown this one.

I'm afraid that you are probably correct in your assessment sir.

kenny1937
04-26-2007, 07:06 PM

Given his nineteen year track record, this is just business as usual, what would surprise me is that he made a brilliant move, for the first time!! (grin)

:mob: :smilies_sport15: :character00257:

Chiefster
04-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Given his nineteen year track record, this is just business as usual, what would surprise me is that he made a brilliant move, for the first time!! (grin)

:mob: :smilies_sport15: :character00257:

Yes; I too would be surprised by a brilliant move.

Coach
04-28-2007, 11:46 AM
This would be a worst case scenario, but I'd guess the Chiefs would keep him rather than release him just so they could save face for blowing this deal. Let's hope this becomes a non-issue after today.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 01:42 PM
This would be a worst case scenario, but I'd guess the Chiefs would keep him rather than release him just so they could save face for blowing this deal. Let's hope this becomes a non-issue after today.

I'd like us to keep him if they could, but I'll bet they let him go if a deal can't be made.

Coach
04-28-2007, 01:42 PM
uh oh. Miami is going to get quinn. There goes a lot of Trent's trade value.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 02:39 PM
uh oh. Miami is going to get quinn. There goes a lot of Trent's trade value.

Miami passing on Quinn, keeps trents trade prospects alive.

chief31
04-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Well, it looks like the Chiefs are gonna lay down and piss, all over themselves. We will, either get a seventh round draft pick(Whooptidooo!!) or give Trent his out-right release. I have no dobt that the Chiefs will be too conservative to make a stand and keep their dignity, by paying Trent and forcing him to stay with the team. We are gonna look like the Dolphins' prison *****. And they won't win five games, this year.

stlchief
04-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Trent had alredy said he would restructure this year. Think he'll stand by it when he knows the Chiefs couldn't pull the trigger with the Dolphins?

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Trent had alredy said he would restructure this year. Think he'll stand by it when he knows the Chiefs couldn't pull the trigger with the Dolphins?

I don't know; I've kinda quit speculating.

stlchief
04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Carl says we have enough cap room, even with draft picks to keep Green. My opinion: why not? What more valuable backup can you have? If the cap room is there, it makes no difference. You don't get to bank your $ for next year.

I sure thought come Monday both LJ & Trent would be gone. But I'm also the guy that said no way do we take a receive in the first round....

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Carl says we have enough cap room, even with draft picks to keep Green. My opinion: why not? What more valuable backup can you have? If the cap room is there, it makes no difference. You don't get to bank your $ for next year.

I sure thought come Monday both LJ & Trent would be gone. But I'm also the guy that said no way do we take a receive in the first round....

Agreed; my only fear is that the poor guy might actually have to go in for Huard and again go down in an attempt to make something happen while running for his life.

chief31
04-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Agreed; my only fear is that the poor guy might actually have to go in for Huard and again go down in an attempt to make something happen while running for his life.
As bad as our offensive line looks, Miami could be the only team with worse pass protection. Remember, they lost their starting LT and refused to address the situation, as well.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 11:55 PM
As bad as our offensive line looks, Miami could be the only team with worse pass protection. Remember, they lost their starting LT and refused to address the situation, as well.

Very true; which is really why I would have rather seen him go the Bears if we were to trade or release him.

chief31
04-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Very true; which is really why I would have rather seen him go the Bears if we were to trade or release him.
I wondered why Washington didn't get in on the Trent Green talks. Al Saunders... it makes a little sense.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 11:59 PM
I wondered why Washington didn't get in on the Trent Green talks. Al Saunders... it makes a little sense.

Yup; I completely forgot about the Skins.

chief31
04-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Yup; I completely forgot about the Skins.

Yes, they have a bit of a need, at quarterback, too. Not to mention, an offensive line.

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Yes, they have a bit of a need, at quarterback, too. Not to mention, an offensive line.

I have to wonder what Trent's fascination with Miami is.

chief31
04-30-2007, 12:09 AM

Well, I don't know that any team, aside from Miami and Cleveland, have contacted, neither, Trent, nor the Chiefs, on this matter.

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, I don't know that any team, aside from Miami and Cleveland, have contacted, neither, Trent, nor the Chiefs, on this matter.

Yeah, and I'm sure it wasn't from a lack of shopping around.

chief31
04-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Yeah, and I'm sure it wasn't from a lack of shopping around.

Actually, I believe that it is due to a lack of shopping around. Remember, the Chiefs aren't the shoppers here, Trent Green is. I believe that he went to Miami, made up his mind and hasn't looked back. Perhaps the Redskins didn't contact him, having been insulted by the fact that Trent didn't call Saunders himself, before committing to Miami.

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Actually, I believe that it is due to a lack of shopping around. Remember, the Chiefs aren't the shoppers here, Trent Green is. I believe that he went to Miami, made up his mind and hasn't looked back. Perhaps the Redskins didn't contact him, having been insulted by the fact that Trent didn't call Saunders himself, before committing to Miami.

May very well be; I admit that I'm no expert when it comes to the many nuances of NFL wheeling and dealings.

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Staying in KC means restructuring his contract for less bucks, and competing with Brodie for starting QB, at least that is the word on this subject, Miami's draft was worse than KC's so I don't know what they have to trade for Trent with, so I guess we will have to see how this all plays out.

:character0011: Hey youse guys, Yahoo thinks I did all right in the draft, SO THERE!!

Canada
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
it's warm...and they don't have 47 kickers on the damn team! why a kicker?

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM

That is the $64,000 question!!

:character0011: Hey I drafts them like I see them!!

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM

ROFL! Good point!

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Staying in KC means restructuring his contract for less bucks, and competing with Brodie for starting QB, at least that is the word on this subject, Miami's draft was worse than KC's so I don't know what they have to trade for Trent with, so I guess we will have to see how this all plays out.

:character0011: Hey youse guys, Yahoo thinks I did all right in the draft, SO THERE!!

Really??? Hard for me to imagine.

chief31
04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Really??? Hard for me to imagine.

Oddly enough, I have to agree with that. Or, at least, they did as bad.

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Oddly enough, I have to agree with that. Or, at least, they did as bad.

So Trent now wants to go play in Miami???

TheLateGreat#58Fan
05-01-2007, 10:51 AM
He wants to be with Cam Cameron and Terry Shea. Maybe we could use Trent to help develop Broyle. What ever happene to Steve Deberg? I know he was bouncing around QB coaching for different teams. From what I remember he did a decent job developing some young QB's

Chiefster
05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
He wants to be with Cam Cameron and Terry Shea. Maybe we could use Trent to help develop Broyle. What ever happene to Steve Deberg? I know he was bouncing around QB coaching for different teams. From what I remember he did a decent job developing some young QB's

Good question.