PDA

View Full Version : For Once Rand and I Agree

Hayvern
05-01-2008, 11:56 PM
I have a hard time with Jonathan Rand, he is usually writing without any criticism of Edwards, even when criticism screams to called out.

THis time however, he clearly got it right with me.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05/01/why_not_a_quarterback/

Why not a quarterback? Rand echos the same thing many of us on this forum have been saying for a while now.

I will be the first to tell you that this season it is do or die for Croyle. I am willing to give the kid a shot, if we can get him some protection, which it seems we are starting to do, then I want to give the kid a full season to go out there and lead the team.

Rand also mentions unimaginitive play calling. Looks like he is reading Chiefs Crowd for his material. This year I would really like to see us take some chances on offense, let's test this kids arm once in a while, take some chances on first down, you know the drill.

Bottom line, I am pleased to give Rand five stars for once.

Chiefster
05-02-2008, 12:04 AM
I have a hard time with Jonathan Rand, he is usually writing without any criticism of Edwards, even when criticism screams to called out.

THis time however, he clearly got it right with me.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05/01/why_not_a_quarterback/

Why not a quarterback? Rand echos the same thing many of us on this forum have been saying for a while now.

I will be the first to tell you that this season it is do or die for Croyle. I am willing to give the kid a shot, if we can get him some protection, which it seems we are starting to do, then I want to give the kid a full season to go out there and lead the team.

Rand also mentions unimaginitive play calling. Looks like he is reading Chiefs Crowd for his material. This year I would really like to see us take some chances on offense, let's test this kids arm once in a while, take some chances on first down, you know the drill.

Bottom line, I am pleased to give Rand five stars for once.

...Not gonna happen with Herm's retro Marty-ball style of offensive play calling.

hermhater
05-02-2008, 12:07 AM
I've never read his stuff, but sounds like he hit the nail on the head.

Chiefster
05-02-2008, 12:13 AM
I've never read his stuff, but sounds like he hit the nail on the head.

Including this particular instance?

Hayvern
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM
...Not gonna happen with Herm's retro Marty-ball style of offensive play calling.

I know, but I can dream can't I?

hermhater
05-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Including this particular instance?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/274.jpg

I know, but I can dream can't I?

Keep the dream alive!

:yahoo:

spiman
05-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I know, but I can dream can't I? This is When it starts.

hermhater
05-02-2008, 12:32 AM
This is When it starts.

Cute baby, is that yours?

Canada
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that it is Chan calling the plays this season and not Mart....Herm!! :D

AkChief49
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
"In seven of the eight seasons that Gailey was either a coordinator or head coach in the NFL, he had a player attain the 1,000-yard rushing mark each time, including Jerome Bettis of the Steelers and Emmitt Smith of the Cowboys.
Before joining the Cowboys in 1998, Gailey spent the previous four seasons (1994-97) with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including each of the last two as offensive coordinator. His first two years there were spent tutoring the club's wide receivers. In his four seasons with the Steelers, the team won the AFC Central Division crown each time, appeared in the AFC Championship Game on three occasions and reached the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh finished second in the NFL in rushing offense in 1996, averaging 143.7 yards per game. In Gailey's final season with the Steelers, he presided over the league's top-ranked rushing team, averaging 154.9 yards per contest.
The NFL team with which Gailey coached reached postseason play each of his last eight years in the league, and 11 of his 14 seasons overall." I'm with you on that one Canada!

hermhater
05-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I am crossing my fingers and hoping that it is Chan calling the plays this season and not Mart....Herm!! :D

"In seven of the eight seasons that Gailey was either a coordinator or head coach in the NFL, he had a player attain the 1,000-yard rushing mark each time, including Jerome Bettis of the Steelers and Emmitt Smith of the Cowboys.
Before joining the Cowboys in 1998, Gailey spent the previous four seasons (1994-97) with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including each of the last two as offensive coordinator. His first two years there were spent tutoring the club's wide receivers. In his four seasons with the Steelers, the team won the AFC Central Division crown each time, appeared in the AFC Championship Game on three occasions and reached the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh finished second in the NFL in rushing offense in 1996, averaging 143.7 yards per game. In Gailey's final season with the Steelers, he presided over the league's top-ranked rushing team, averaging 154.9 yards per contest.
The NFL team with which Gailey coached reached postseason play each of his last eight years in the league, and 11 of his 14 seasons overall." I'm with you on that one Canada!

:yahoo:

Kick ***!

We are gonna make the playoffs!

:bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
05-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Brodie is the man! I don't care what anyone says he is the man for the job! There isn't a QB in the league that would have donemuch better given the pressure he took and no running game

kcmostwanted
05-03-2008, 02:53 AM
Let's hope they do get more creative w/ the play calling because I believe they drafted 2 guys w/ 4.3+ speed this year in Jamaal Charles and Will Franklin... Screens for charles... and Lets let Brodie use his arm and Franklin use that 4.37 (i think) speed to stretch the field....or let Franklin/Charles run some reverses...

Canada
05-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Let's hope they do get more creative w/ the play calling because I believe they drafted 2 guys w/ 4.3+ speed this year in Jamaal Charles and Will Franklin... Screens for charles... and Lets let Brodie use his arm and Franklin use that 4.37 (i think) speed to stretch the field....or let Franklin/Charles run some reverses...

that would be great, but I would be a lot happier if we got to watch LJ an DBowe kickin ***!! :bananen_smilies046:

Dyno-Mite
05-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Brodie CRoyle doesn't deserve to be our starting quarterback for the 2008 seaosn.What makes certain people believe that a quarterback the registered a 0-6 season can bounce back and lead his team toward success during the next season.He'll lose his job after the fifth week of the season to Damon.Or he'll actually get hit hard and suffer the consequences because he is definitely injury proned and can't take hits.Sorry Brodie CRoyle.

Canada
05-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Brodie CRoyle doesn't deserve to be our starting quarterback for the 2008 seaosn.What makes certain people believe that a quarterback the registered a 0-6 season can bounce back and lead his team toward success during the next season.He'll lose his job after the fifth week of the season to Damon.Or he'll actually get hit hard and suffer the consequences because he is definitely injury proned and can't take hits.Sorry Brodie CRoyle.

What makes you so certain that he can't? All most people are sayign is give the guy a realitic chance. LJ didn't win a lot of games for us last year, but he is still the RB. Your thought process would have had Peyton Manning out of the league after his first year!! :sign0098:

tammietailgator
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Croyle also did not have a line to protect him. He is beefing up too, from 180 to 210. I think he will be doing a great job, he has a rocket arm and very good accuracy. He steps out of the pocket and with a new line to protect him, he will be great. :bananen_smilies046:

You must be an elvis fan..... he would have been nothing without Gannon..... in fact he lost our playoffs for us, after gannon got him there.:D

kcmostwanted
05-03-2008, 02:17 PM
What makes you so certain that he can't? All most people are sayign is give the guy a realitic chance. LJ didn't win a lot of games for us last year, but he is still the RB. Your thought process would have had Peyton Manning out of the league after his first year!! :sign0098:

I agree, the decision about Brodie can be made after next season... His decision making was questionable because when you're 190 lbs and constantly running for your life in the NFL, everyone would be prone to make bad decisions...

He hasn't shown us much but give him a chance behind a decent line and we'll go from there...

Good point about Peyton...he was 3-13 his first year..
I'm not saying Brodie is P Manning but if a qb of that stature can suck it up his first year starting then Brodie also deserves some time...

chief31
05-03-2008, 04:00 PM

For real!!! Since when does a QB need anything else to win games? :iamwithstupid:

I doubt that he will ever get that chance now, as we don't have OTs. Even if Albert can make a successful transition to NFL OT, the likelihood is that Croyle will be injured long before Albert can get comfortable there.

Even if Croyle is the second-coming of Peyton Manning, he probably had his fate sealed during the third round of the draft, when Herm imposed his QB hatred on him, by passing on the oportunity to protect him...yet again.

hermhater
05-03-2008, 04:20 PM
For real!!! Since when does a QB need anything else to win games? :iamwithstupid:

If you didn't just respond to timsatt, then it is his even stupider twin!

I doubt that he will ever get that chance now, as we don't have OTs. Even if Albert can make a successful transition to NFL OT, the likelihood is that Croyle will be injured long before Albert can get comfortable there.

Even if Croyle is the second-coming of Peyton Manning, he probably had his fate sealed during the third round of the draft, when Herm imposed his QB hatred on him, by passing on the oportunity to protect him...yet again.

I'm pissed about not taking more linemen as well, I hope that Charles guy can jump over the D line as he probably won't have any holes to run through.

Dyno-Mite
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM

We already gave him chances during the preseason and during the regular season.How many chances are we going to give CRoyle.So I'm guessing that we give the chance to a guy that going to wreck the season for us.Besides mobility,what things does Brodie possess that Damon doesn't have?Damon delivers the ball more accurately to Gonzo while CRoyle has a hard time teaming up with Gonzo.I believed that Gonzo only caught 3 catches while having Brodie as our QB.With Damon it's all day and all night to Gonzo.I've had it with Brodie because he makes too much mistakes.Why did Brodie take over for Damon again while we ahead of the division?!:character0063:

Canada
05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
We already gave him chances during the preseason and during the regular season.How many chances are we going to give CRoyle.So I'm guessing that we give the chance to a guy that going to wreck the season for us.Besides mobility,what things does Brodie possess that Damon doesn't have?Damon delivers the ball more accurately to Gonzo while CRoyle has a hard time teaming up with Gonzo.I believed that Gonzo only caught 3 catches while having Brodie as our QB.With Damon it's all day and all night to Gonzo.I've had it with Brodie because he makes too much mistakes.Why did Brodie take over for Damon again while we ahead of the division?!:character0063:

:lol: I don't know why this conversation has to happen over and over and over to get it into peoples heads. I guess you are one of those guys who just thinks an O line is over rated. How could the play of a poor offensive line possibly affect the play of a QB. I mean they are totally different positions. When have you EVER seen what Brodie can do with a little protection in the NFL? But I guess someone who evaluates talent and sees what a great QB Gbac was would really know what they are talking about with Brodie!! :sign0098: :sign0104:

Three7s
05-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Besides mobility? Try an arm.

royalswin100games
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Brodie CRoyle doesn't deserve to be our starting quarterback for the 2008 seaosn.
What makes certain people believe that a quarterback the registered a 0-6 season can bounce back and lead his team toward success during the next season.He'll lose his job after the fifth week of the season to Damon.Or he'll actually get hit hard and suffer the consequences because he is definitely injury proned and can't take hits.Sorry Brodie CRoyle.

1. In Elvis' tenure, what season would you say he really deserved to start?

2. If Brodie has time to throw, you're prediction is wrong.

I will give you this, in the past, Damon has proven to make better decisions playing QB. Brodie has proven he has the better arm and physical capability. We will see if Brodie can improve his decision making when he has time this season. I would not bank on your boy taking the starting job.

AkChief49
05-06-2008, 08:20 PM
We already gave him chances during the preseason and during the regular season.How many chances are we going to give CRoyle.So I'm guessing that we give the chance to a guy that going to wreck the season for us.Besides mobility,what things does Brodie possess that Damon doesn't have?Damon delivers the ball more accurately to Gonzo while CRoyle has a hard time teaming up with Gonzo.I believed that Gonzo only caught 3 catches while having Brodie as our QB.With Damon it's all day and all night to Gonzo.I've had it with Brodie because he makes too much mistakes.Why did Brodie take over for Damon again while we ahead of the division?!:character0063:how many chances do you give Peyton Manning? his first year completion rate=56.7% Brodie Croyle's first year completion rate=56.7% Peyton won 3 games out of 16. Brodie won 0 out of 6 Peyton's rating(first year)=71.2 Brodie Croyle's rating =69.9 Yards per attempt, Peyton=6.5 Brodie= 5.5 Peyton attempted 575 passes and was sacked 22 times or once every 26 attempts. Brodie attempted 224 passes and was sacked 17 times or once every 13 attempts- twice the average. Just throwing a few comparisons out there, not saying Brodie is as good as Peyton, but hell fire give the kid a break!! and a line to throw behind, he might be o.k.

Dyno-Mite
05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
1. In Elvis' tenure, what season would you say he really deserved to start?

2. If Brodie has time to throw, you're prediction is wrong.

I will give you this, in the past, Damon has proven to make better decisions playing QB. Brodie has proven he has the better arm and physical capability. We will see if Brodie can improve his decision making when he has time this season. I would not bank on your boy taking the starting job.

If offensive line is the problem for our team then why did Damon do a much better job while under our struggling offensive line while winning games for us but Brodie couldn't of win one with a struggling offensive line.I know CRoyle didn't have L.J. but the chemistry between L.J. and Brodie is not going to fit well anyways.Why don't we give Damon an entire season as our starting quarterback.
We removed him from starting duties during 2006 season when Trent Green came back from injury.Fans were puzzled on that decision but they also wondered what would of been the outcome if Damon was our starter during our playoff matchup against the COlts.We possibly could've won that game with Damon in it being that Trent was still lingering through injuries.
Removing Damon form starting duties during the 2007 season while we were ahead of the division was another screw up and poor decision made by Herm.It's as if when we truly get somewhere with Damon,there is always something to screw us up.:mad:

Canada
05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
If offensive line is the problem for our team then why did Damon do a much better job while under our struggling offensive line while winning games for us but Brodie couldn't of win one with a struggling offensive line.I know CRoyle didn't have L.J. but the chemistry between L.J. and Brodie is not going to fit well anyways.Why don't we give Damon an entire season as our starting quarterback.
We removed him from starting duties during 2006 season when Trent Green came back from injury.Fans were puzzled on that decision but they also wondered what would of been the outcome if Damon was our starter during our playoff matchup against the COlts.We possibly could've won that game with Damon in it being that Trent was still lingering through injuries.
Removing Damon form starting duties during the 2007 season while we were ahead of the division was another screw up and poor decision made by Herm.It's as if when we truly get somewhere with Damon,there is always something to screw us up.:mad:

I forget...which game did Damon put the team on his back and go out and win? The simple answer you are looking for is that this team is trying to get younger. Damon is not young. I think we need to find out what we have in Brodie and then adress that need if we have to next season. Letting Damon start this year, then retire, then find out about Brodie then try and replace him is a HUGE MISTAKE. Let the young QB grow with his young team. I know you don't want to go look at too much of Damons career to make your argument.

chief31
05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I will not get involved. :D

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 02:11 PM

:lol:

Canada
05-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I will not post a parrot here!!

I will not post whore here!!

I farted

This is an odd thread!!

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 02:23 PM
If offensive line is the problem for our team then why did Damon do a much better job while under our struggling offensive line while winning games for us but Brodie couldn't of win one with a struggling offensive line.

When? Damon still had a pretty decent o-line season before last.

I know CRoyle didn't have L.J. but the chemistry between L.J. and Brodie is not going to fit well anyways.

How can you back up this statement?

Why don't we give Damon an entire season as our starting quarterback.

I won't necessarily disagree with that statement but we lost that game as a team. Plus, the Colts had LJ's number.

I will respect your opinion but politely disagree.

Dyno-Mite
05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I forget...which game did Damon put the team on his back and go out and win? The simple answer you are looking for is that this team is trying to get younger. Damon is not young. I think we need to find out what we have in Brodie and then adress that need if we have to next season. Letting Damon start this year, then retire, then find out about Brodie then try and replace him is a HUGE MISTAKE. Let the young QB grow with his young team. I know you don't want to go look at too much of Damons career to make your argument.

He did it when we faced the Chargers.He made numerous comebacks during the 2007 season as a QB.He was 3rd
in the league in comeback victories.That answers your question.Canada,I do respect your opinion on building a young Chiefs team but that doesn't truly have to mean at the QB position.I recall Dick Curl mentioning that he doesn't want CRoyle as the starter.Advancing to the Super Bowl is a more likely option with Damon instead of CRoyle.Damon has a new explosive offensive line to work with.He has Gonzo and D-rainbow.He definitely is familiar with those 2 players on offense.The chemistry built with Damon and those 2 guys bring extreme firepower to our offense.That identity is lost with Brodie replacing Damon.Jeff Webb should be our new starting wide receiver option alongside of D-rainbow.Damon is familiar with Webb because he became a key factor into out offense with Damon as the starter.LJ and Damon know all about it.But go ahead Canada and continue to lean on your boy in CRoyle.Herm's mold as a head coach fits best as a father and son tandem.I don't see that in CRoyle.If CRoyle goes 0-5 during the beginning of the season do we then turn back to Damon or continue to allow CRoyle to play it out.I expect CRoyle will and that will leave him with a record of 0-11.That's good enough to allow Herm to lose his job.I'm done with this conversation because I already know what's going to happen.

Canada
05-07-2008, 06:04 PM
He did it when we faced the Chargers.He made numerous comebacks during the 2007 season as a QB.He was 3rd
in the league in comeback victories.That answers your question.Canada,I do respect your opinion on building a young Chiefs team but that doesn't truly have to mean at the QB position.I recall Dick Curl mentioning that he doesn't want CRoyle as the starter.Advancing to the Super Bowl is a more likely option with Damon instead of CRoyle.Damon has a new explosive offensive line to work with.He has Gonzo and D-rainbow.He definitely is familiar with those 2 players on offense.The chemistry built with Damon and those 2 guys bring extreme firepower to our offense.That identity is lost with Brodie replacing Damon.Jeff Webb should be our new starting wide receiver option alongside of D-rainbow.Damon is familiar with Webb because he became a key factor into out offense with Damon as the starter.LJ and Damon know all about it.But go ahead Canada and continue to lean on your boy in CRoyle.Herm's mold as a head coach fits best as a father and son tandem.I don't see that in CRoyle.If CRoyle goes 0-5 during the beginning of the season do we then turn back to Damon or continue to allow CRoyle to play it out.I expect CRoyle will and that will leave him with a record of 0-11.That's good enough to allow Herm to lose his job.I'm done with this conversation because I already know what's going to happen.

Find me a post where I said anything besides give Croyle a chance. If you are going to discuss something, try arguing things I have actually said.

...and your SD game that he was so fabulous in. The defence got three turnovers, one TD and Huards TD pass was after Bowe broke a tackle and took it 51 yards. That is not a Huard signature win my friend. Give Brodie a chance....Huard is NOT going to be the guy to take us to a superbowl. Get a clue man.

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 07:39 PM

I'd like to see the inside factual evidence you have backing up the first couple of sentences I highlighted.

- and -

It's good you're done because you're not making any sense(in my humble opinion of course).

rbedgood
05-07-2008, 08:10 PM
mmm...Roasted Elephant? Anyone?

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 08:14 PM

Yep.

Chiefster
05-07-2008, 10:44 PM

...One bite at a time.

rbedgood
05-08-2008, 04:59 AM
...One bite at a time.

Hmmm, is that a confirmation of identity?

Three7s
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I'd like to see the inside factual evidence you have backing up the first couple of sentences I highlighted.

- and -

It's good you're done because you're not making any sense(in my humble opinion of course).
I don't think this guy ever made sense.

Chiefster
05-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Hmmm, is that a confirmation of identity?

Heck I don't know; I'm old.

rbedgood
05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't think this guy ever made sense...

...under any of his identities.