PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Draft Day Thread***

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Post your comments, opinions, and concerns about the Draft Day picks here! I look forward to updates as I will be working.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

timbok
04-28-2007, 08:01 AM
jets are gonna draft TE greg Olsen

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:46 AM
I can't wait!!!!

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 01:37 PM
I can't wait!!!!

The draft is underway so I thought I'd give this a bump. :)

Coach
04-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Miami got Quinn. That hurts the Trent Green situation.

Coach
04-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Miami got Quinn. That hurts the Trent Green situation.
Holy crap. they passed on Quinn and took Ginn. What does that now do for the Trent Green situation?

diehardkcfan
04-28-2007, 02:01 PM
i know i cant believe it i had this long post i was ready to post about how upset i was that we held out too long and now we werent gonna get anything for green. but then ginn was drafted and that makes me really happy because 1. the dolphins need for green doesnt drop and 2. there is no way we can draft Ted Ginn Jr.

diehardkcfan
04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
i know this is a long shot but if quinn does fall to us do we take him? anyone out there reply! it is very possible no one in front of us needs a QB

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 02:36 PM
i know i cant believe it i had this long post i was ready to post about how upset i was that we held out too long and now we werent gonna get anything for green. but then ginn was drafted and that makes me really happy because 1. the dolphins need for green doesnt drop and 2. there is no way we can draft Ted Ginn Jr.

We'll be lucky to get a forth round pick for Green at this point.

diehardkcfan
04-28-2007, 03:15 PM
i would be happy with a 4th round pick but if quinn went to miami then we would have gotten a 6th or 7th

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Chiefs are up next!!

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 04:18 PM
That settles the Quinn question.

Chiefs are on the clock!

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Dwayne Bowe!!!!! I am shocked and pleasantly surprised; Herm actually went with offense first!

kenny1937
04-28-2007, 05:22 PM
The suspense is over, we got WR Bowe, Staley and Uguh were available to help our problematic OL, I don't think they will be around for number 54, when we draft again, so unless we get some help on the line, we probably get the first pick in the first round next year. (grin)

:character00296:

jgunn1966
04-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I like the pick,he is a stud,but still in shock we went with a WR after all the talk about being scared to go in that direction

chiefs27
04-28-2007, 06:07 PM
what do you guys think a Dwayne Bowe? I think that he was a great pick. we really needed receivers. I was a little suprised when we passed up Dwayne Jarrett.

chief31
04-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Bowe is a great reciever. I just don't think that we needed a reciever, that bad. While I am happy to have taken him, over some of the other recievers available, I am dissapointed that we failed to address our biggest needs. Especially, since both, Alan Branch and Joe Staley were available.

chief31
04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
The suspense is over, we got WR Bowe, Staley and Uguh were available to help our problematic OL, I don't think they will be around for number 54, when we draft again, so unless we get some help on the line, we probably get the first pick in the first round next year. (grin)

I doubt we pick first, since the Dolphins will be starting Cleo Lemon. Between Lemon and Ginn Jr., I doubt that they win a game. (No left tackle, either.)

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Yup; I was so surprised that Herm went with offense in the first round I completely forgot the glaring need at the "OL" positions. :(

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Bowe is a great reciever. I just don't think that we needed a reciever, that bad. While I am happy to have taken him, over some of the other recievers available, I am dissapointed that we failed to address our biggest needs. Especially, since both, Alan Branch and Joe Staley were available.

That is dissapointing!

chief31
04-28-2007, 07:43 PM
That is dissapointing!

Probably, not as dissapointing as what the Chiefs will do with Trent Green.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Probably, not as dissapointing as what the Chiefs will do with Trent Green.

No doubt, I would love it if it were possible to keep him, but the cap hit would be to large.

chief31
04-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Eat the hit. Force it. Don't allow the Dolphins' front office beat you and make a joke of you.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Eat the hit. Force it. Don't allow the Dolphins' front office beat you and make a joke of you.

I agree; except I think it's probably already too late.

Coach
04-28-2007, 08:26 PM

I agree that we shouldn't give him away. I like the WR pick. Passing on Staley was a surprise, but I'm glad that the Chiefs finally addressed the WR position. Our WR's have been the laughing stock of the league for about 5 years now.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I agree that we shouldn't give him away. I like the WR pick. Passing on Staley was a surprise, but I'm glad that the Chiefs finally addressed the WR position. Our WR's have been the laughing stock of the league for about 5 years now.

True, but now I'm afraid that our "O" Line will be. Oh well, I don't view this coming season as anything but a rebuilding year.

chief31
04-28-2007, 08:33 PM
We have had one of the best recievers in the league, for the past five years. His name is Tony Gonzales. Eddie Kennison has been a terriffic second option. And with Herm in charge, what would we need a wide reciever for?

chief31
04-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Awesome!!!! We took an undersized defensive tackle!!!! Or is he a slow defensive end?

Wait, don't we have a bunch of those? Well,you can never have enough of them.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Awesome!!!! We took an undersized defensive tackle!!!! Or is he a slow defensive end?

Wait, don't we have a bunch of those? Well,you can never have enough of them.

DANG IT CARL!!!!!

chief31
04-28-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't know what they see in this guy, and maybe he'll surprise us, but, I am Highly dissapointed.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't know what they see in this guy, and maybe he'll surprise us, but, I am Highly dissapointed.

Herm and Carl's draft day performance is begining to resemble that of the Jets drafts gone by.

chief31
04-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I can't find a defensive tackle, in this entire draft class, who is lighter than this guy.

chief31
04-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Let me just get this over......

@#$%^&%$#$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!
&^%$#%&*&^%$!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Let me just get this over......

@#$%^&%$#$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!
&^%$#%&*&^%$!!!!!!!!!!

Well said, and may I state that I for one echo the sentiment.

chief31
04-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I am soooo jealous of, both, the Browns and the Cardinals, right now. Wouldn't it be nice to watch our team trade-up, to get a big-name player? How about two of them? (As the Browns and Cardinals did.)

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I am soooo jealous of, both, the Browns and the Cardinals, right now. Wouldn't it be nice to watch our team trade-up, to get a big-name player? How about two of them? (As the Browns and Cardinals did.)

Yeah, I'm not even watching anymore; just way too frustrated.

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:40 PM
We have had one of the best recievers in the league, for the past five years. His name is Tony Gonzales. Eddie Kennison has been a terriffic second option. And with Herm in charge, what would we need a wide reciever for?

This is exactly my point. When your best receiver isn't a WR at all, that should tell you something.

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Herm and Carl's draft day performance is begining to resemble that of the Jets drafts gone by.

You guys are a bunch of pessimists. We've had three picks and you've already given up on this draft. We got what most believe to be the 2nd best WR in the entire draft with the 23rd pick. We got defensive help in the 2nd round. McBride was a 1st team defensive player in the SEC. The 3rd round we got more d-line help. Tyler was being touted as the 3rd best DT in the draft.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10082534

I think the draft is going pretty well.
:kali:

Chiefsfan27
04-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Why is everyone so dissapointed. I knew we would get Dwayne Bowe, and I'm glad that we did. We got a DT-DE in Turk McBride and a strong DT in DeMarcus Tyler. We have two 5th round picks tommrow, so I see the Chiefs getting 3 O-Lineman in total and a corner and possibly other picks through trades.

Chiefsfan27
04-28-2007, 11:18 PM
You guys are a bunch of pessimists. We've had three picks and you've already given up on this draft. We got what most believe to be the 2nd best WR in the entire draft with the 23rd pick. We got defensive help in the 2nd round. McBride was a 1st team defensive player in the SEC. The 3rd round we got more d-line help. Tyler was being touted as the 3rd best DT in the draft.

admin your exactly right. The draft is going great.

kenny1937
04-29-2007, 12:56 AM
We got off to a good start with Dwaqyne Bowe, I am not sure about Turk
Mcbride, but Demarcus Tyler is a solid pick, I am very interested in how management is going to pick in the next rounds, who knows what other surprises we might have, could be good, the only thing I have to say before goodnight is "GO CHIEFS!!!"

:1374: :Banane36: :violent-smiley-038:

wolfpack
04-29-2007, 01:02 AM
i think i would have picked a CB in the 3rd. after law and surtan basically we have nothing. the first two picks were great. sure hope also we pick up some o-line help.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 04:59 AM
I actually forgot that Allen will be sitting out the entire first quarter of the season; hence the reason for Turk.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 05:15 AM

LOL!!

...Defensive mechanism. :yes:

You raise good points; I would have liked to have seen us get the offensive line beef first, but then the best wide receiver left on the board wouldn't be there for the second round. I have no problem with Tyler as long as he keeps his saliva to himself.

chief31
04-29-2007, 07:06 AM
O.k., can someone tell me where Mcbride is supposed to play? What position? The man is listed at 276 lbs. Play him at DT and he will get thrown around, like a high school kid. He doen't have any pass-rushing skills, so DE is innapropriate. He's too slow to play antwhere else, so what is this guys purpose?

chief31
04-29-2007, 07:38 AM
This is exactly my point. When your best receiver isn't a WR at all, that should tell you something.

What is that supposed to tell me? The tandem of Gonzales and Kennison has been one of the best, in the league.

Do you think that Bowe is going to be a better reciever than Gonzales? I can't name five WRs, in the NFL, who are better recievers than Tony. We had an offense that ranked in the top five, in passing yards, for four of the past five years.

I don't get why everyone thinks that Gonzales should be getting the ball, less often, than what he does. If you are wanting more catches, from your WRs, then you must be wanting to take away throws to the TE. There are only so many passing plays that a team will run, over the course of a game. So, if you want a real number one WR, then you want to throw the ball to Tony Gonzales, less often. That is insane. Tony has proven himself, as one of the best recievers in the game. Why not allow him to play?

Who is the big-name WR in San Diego? You don't need a WR to lead the league in receptions, when you have someone else doing that.

Esentially, what we drafted, in the first round, is someone who we expect to take receptions from Tony Gonzales. This won't happen, until Tony gets injured, or retires. While he might be listed as a nuber one WR, Bowe will be a number two reciever.

Not to mention, Eddie Kennison is agreat WR, who Dewayne Bowe will be lucky to play as well as. Eddie has taken alot of flack, for not being the best reciever, on the team. Thoughts, like yours, Coach, "When your best reciever isn't a wideout, at all, that should tell you something." When you use the talent and success, of Gonzales, against Eddie Kennison, he is bound to look like a loser. But, watch Eddie play the game. He makes amazing catches, along with the routine ones. He rarely drops a pass. He runs terrific routes. He has great speed. What more do you want from the guy?

I know, you want him to be a better reciever than Tony Gonzales. Good luck, with that.

Why use the 23rd, overall pick, on a number two reciever? When your O-line has lost, both, Willie Roaf,( HOFer) and Will Shields (HOFer)? And, after three rounds, we still haven't adressed that situation.

chief31
04-29-2007, 07:42 AM
I am, at least, pleased with our third round selection.

chief31
04-29-2007, 07:49 AM

Yeah, maybe we got some talented guys.(Even if Mcbride is too small to play in the NFL) But we failed to address the biggest hole on our roster. Not failed, that wound suggest that there was some kind of an attempt, refused, is more like it.

timbok
04-29-2007, 08:12 AM
wow...it shocked me... and u guys picked Boyle?

chief31
04-29-2007, 08:39 AM
wow...it shocked me... and u guys picked Boyle?

You do mean...Bowe, right?

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 08:42 AM
What is that supposed to tell me? The tandem of Gonzales and Kennison has been one of the best, in the league.

Do you think that Bowe is going to be a better reciever than Gonzales? I can't name five WRs, in the NFL, who are better recievers than Tony. We had an offense that ranked in the top five, in passing yards, for four of the past five years.

I don't get why everyone thinks that Gonzales should be getting the ball, less often, than what he does. If you are wanting more catches, from your WRs, then you must be wanting to take away throws to the TE. There are only so many passing plays that a team will run, over the course of a game. So, if you want a real number one WR, then you want to throw the ball to Tony Gonzales, less often. That is insane. Tony has proven himself, as one of the best recievers in the game. Why not allow him to play?

Who is the big-name WR in San Diego? You don't need a WR to lead the league in receptions, when you have someone else doing that.

Esentially, what we drafted, in the first round, is someone who we expect to take receptions from Tony Gonzales. This won't happen, until Tony gets injured, or retires. While he might be listed as a nuber one WR, Bowe will be a number two reciever.

Not to mention, Eddie Kennison is agreat WR, who Dewayne Bowe will be lucky to play as well as. Eddie has taken alot of flack, for not being the best reciever, on the team. Thoughts, like yours, Coach, "When your best reciever isn't a wideout, at all, that should tell you something." When you use the talent and success, of Gonzales, against Eddie Kennison, he is bound to look like a loser. But, watch Eddie play the game. He makes amazing catches, along with the routine ones. He rarely drops a pass. He runs terrific routes. He has great speed. What more do you want from the guy?

I know, you want him to be a better reciever than Tony Gonzales. Good luck, with that.

Why use the 23rd, overall pick, on a number two reciever? When your O-line has lost, both, Willie Roaf,( HOFer) and Will Shields (HOFer)? And, after three rounds, we still haven't adressed that situation.

This is the problem I had with the first choice as well.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 08:43 AM
You do mean...Bowe, right?

I'm guessing that's what he means.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-29-2007, 12:36 PM
I am the only one who has sat on watch the chiefs draft for so many years hoping they will trade up and do something and they never do. I dont think thats always the answer, But if we could have jumped up and gotten Leon Hall that would have been huge. I really would like to know what Carl plans to do with our O-Line. Is anyone watching Carl's interview on here- I think I might hate listening to him talk he drives me crazy. "If the season starts today he is our starting QB" so your genius plan is to have 3 qb we are too lean in other places to do that. I understand having a poker face, but he must think the other GM's out there are idiots if thats the plan

jgunn1966
04-29-2007, 02:07 PM
We got a kicker........What the !@#$?

jgunn1966
04-29-2007, 02:08 PM
We got a kicker........What the !@#$?

wolfpack
04-29-2007, 02:54 PM
we have 2 old-timers for CB`S with no backup. we have a o-line that needs help but we can pick 2 DT`S and a kicker. i dont know who to cuss out the most ,the queen or hermmie. ah i`ll just bit@h about both, they are the same.

chief31
04-29-2007, 03:44 PM
O.k., it's all better now. We got a dominant, starting offensive tackle.

Herbert Taylor!!!! He played for the........uhh....

Texas-Christian......Horned-Frogs!!!!!!!

In the........uhh......Mountain-West Conference.

There, that aught to save our team.

Chiefsfan27
04-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Good poins about tony.

Chiefsfan27
04-29-2007, 04:40 PM
O.k., it's all better now. We got a dominant, starting offensive tackle.

Herbert Taylor!!!! He played for the........uhh....

Texas-Christian......Horned-Frogs!!!!!!!

In the........uhh......Mountain-West Conference.

There, that aught to save our team.

Is this a joke? Herbert Taylor is a good tackle and could be starting in a couple years

timbok
04-29-2007, 04:54 PM
jets sucked

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I am the only one who has sat on watch the chiefs draft for so many years hoping they will trade up and do something and they never do. I dont think thats always the answer, But if we could have jumped up and gotten Leon Hall that would have been huge. I really would like to know what Carl plans to do with our O-Line. Is anyone watching Carl's interview on here- I think I might hate listening to him talk he drives me crazy. "If the season starts today he is our starting QB" so your genius plan is to have 3 qb we are too lean in other places to do that. I understand having a poker face, but he must think the other GM's out there are idiots if thats the plan

Me too.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 05:03 PM
jets sucked

They're in good company.

chief31
04-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Is this a joke? Herbert Taylor is a good tackle and could be starting in a couple years

Yes, this is a joke.

While he could wind up starting, eventually, we already have plenty if those "could be" guys. No player, on our roster shoul be a decent starting tackle.

chief31
04-29-2007, 05:10 PM

I don't want to know.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Did we just take a TE, if you would have tol dme before the draft that we took one OL (in the 6th) and no corners, oh and we drafted a kicker before we took an OL, I would have f***in laughed, now I wanna f***in cry
WhitWorth is a football factory..shootme
I cant help but be a pessimist

chief31
04-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Did we just take a TE, if you would have tol dme before the draft that we took one OL (in the 6th) and no corners, oh and we drafted a kicker before we took an OL, I would have f***in laughed, now I wanna f***in cry
WhitWorth is a football factory..shootme
I cant help but be a pessimist

Yup, this draft, nearly, assures me, that we will be playing the next two seasons, for good draft position.