PDA

View Full Version : Mike Cox at FB

Coach
05-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Interesting read.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/603051.html

It would be nice to have a bonafide FB again.

hermhater
05-04-2008, 06:02 PM
The kid sounds good to me.

Bonus playing for Chan too!

texaschief
05-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I think we got one here. Cox will undoubtedly win the job. His experience in Gailey's system will give him the leg up and it's crazy to think we're going to get another starter that was an undrafted free agent or low round draft pick.

Page
Brackenridge
Webb
Stallings
Cox

Could all be starters who were picked up in the 6th round or later.

5 out of 22 starters isn't too bad.

tornadospotter
05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
This just keeps getting better. I am ready for some football!!
GO CHIEFS!!!

hermhater
05-04-2008, 08:37 PM
This just keeps getting better. I am ready for some Chiefs football!!
GO CHIEFS!!!

Me too!

:yahoo:

Coach
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
round or later.

5 out of 22 starters isn't too bad.

The flip side to that coin is that 5 players are good enough to walk on to our team and start. I'm not sure that speaks kindly to the program.

leaves
05-05-2008, 07:02 PM
I am very appreciative of it. I wanted a FB from the draft, but hey, I'll be glad to see a young FB from anywhere...jus extra that he's pretty good.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
The flip side to that coin is that 5 players are good enough to walk on to our team and start. I'm not sure that speaks kindly to the program.

Party pooper!

:biggrin:

I am very appreciative of it. I wanted a FB from the draft, but hey, I'll be glad to see a young FB from anywhere...jus extra that he's pretty good.

I'm super glad to have a "real" FB now too, I hope this kid can pancake the hell out of some linebackers!

:yahoo:

Coach
05-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Not trying to be a part pooper. I'm glad we have a legit FB finally. I was just making an observation.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Not trying to be a part pooper. I'm glad we have a legit FB finally. I was just making an observation.

I know boss, I was just giving you crap.

It is a shame that we have so many spots that can be filled by walk ons, but that is what happens when the head coach and general manager are so incompetent and let talent like T-Rich leave, and hall of fame linemen tell the press that they are retiring rather than the Head Coach or GM.

texaschief
05-05-2008, 11:22 PM

We wouldn't have that problem if we had drafted better earlier this decade....but, no. Herm was left with a team of old past super stars and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round busts.

Time to replace those players with REAL, NEW talent.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 11:28 PM
We wouldn't have that problem if we had drafted better earlier this decade....but, no. Herm was left with a team of old past super stars and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round busts.

Time to replace those players with REAL, NEW talent.

You can get all over Dick and his drafting, but he has won more with his style of football than Herm has with his.

I realize he left after his contract, but he did his best to make the team win games and get to the playoffs.

The guy had a good run, and I for one appreciate what he did for the Chiefs as an organization and for what he did for the fans.

He is getting up there in years, and decided to go ahead and leave the organization to spend time with his family and I don't blame him for that, nor the position the Chiefs are in right now.

royalswin100games
05-05-2008, 11:31 PM
You can get all over Dick and his drafting, but he has won more with his style of football than Herm has with his.

I realize he left after his contract, but he did his best to make the team win games and get to the playoffs.

The guy had a good run, and I for one appreciate what he did for the Chiefs as an organization and for what he did for the fans.

He is getting up there in years, and decided to go ahead and leave the organization to spend time with his family and I don't blame him for that, nor the position the Chiefs are in right now.

:bananen_smilies046:

REP!!!

hermhater
05-05-2008, 11:36 PM

REP!!!

texaschief
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM

The only problem i had with the guy was his inability to draft good players or build a defense capable of stopping Peyton Manning JUST ONCE.

Other than that, i liked the guy.

But if you don't blame him for the position the Chiefs are in right now, you're blind. He and Peterson ran this team ragged and he abandoned ship before it went down. He saw this team get old and peaced out for the next coach to take the blame.....guess it worked.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 11:59 PM
The only problem i had with the guy was his inability to draft good players or build a defense capable of stopping Peyton Manning JUST ONCE.

Other than that, i liked the guy.

But if you don't blame him for the position the Chiefs are in right now, you're blind. He and Peterson ran this team ragged and he abandoned ship before it went down. He saw this team get old and peaced out for the next coach to take the blame.....guess it worked.

Well he got good players to win games while he was here, and he had done it before.

His drafting was not horrible (I think you pointed that out yourself once when referring to how great of a trade we got for Jared, him being a 4th rounder and all) and you know it.

texaschief
05-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Well he got good players to win games while he was here, and he had done it before.

His drafting was not horrible (I think you pointed that out yourself once when referring to how great of a trade we got for Jared, him being a 4th rounder and all) and you know it.

Yeah...one super star he and CP tripped on, the other he didn't even want....

2 super stars and 5 or 6 contributing players out of 46 drafted players....

Thank GOD he's not drafting for us anymore.

HH, this isn't even debatable. He was horrible in the draft and there's no reason you need to try and defend him. It's a fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE of his drafts were busts with the exception of 7 or so players out of 6 years.

That isn't successful drafting no matter how you try to spin it.

hermhater
05-06-2008, 03:15 AM

HH, this isn't even debatable. He was horrible in the draft and there's no reason you need to try and defend him. It's a fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE of his drafts were busts with the exception of 7 or so players out of 6 years.

I am not attempting to prove that his drafting was successful.

I am simply stating that we were doing well with him as HC, and now we are not.

Are you saying that Herm is a genius for taking the job, or just ambitious?

hermhater
05-06-2008, 03:17 AM

Also...

I am trying to outdo you with my sig pic.

I am more a villain than you!

:lol:

texaschief
05-06-2008, 03:52 AM
I am not attempting to prove that his drafting was successful.

I am simply stating that we were doing well with him as HC, and now we are not.

Are you saying that Herm is a genius for taking the job, or just ambitious?

Vermeil was dealing from a position of strength. He was able to trade away players who were drafted before he got here to obtain players like Roaf. Waters, Shields, Weigman, Gonzo, and John Tait were all in place before he got here.

The Chiefs were already a descending defense and he did nothing to fix it...which made things even worse. He was too busy trading away first round draft picks for offensive players and busting one the 1st rounders he DID have.

Vermeil didn't HAVE to rebuild an entire defense and offense in 2 years. He already had the most dominant line in the NFL in place.

He brought in Trent and traded for Horn for Roaf after Tait left.

Other than that, what did the guy do besides install a high scoring offense and a high yielding defense?

Tell me what Herm has had on this team that even comes close to resembling a dominant portion of the team. Vermeil already had the offensive players he needed and a middle of the pack defense....Herm wasn't left with SH@#.

He was left with JA and LJ. Two players who want out, one we should've traded and one we finally DID trade....that's it. Thank GOD the guy can find talent or we'd be even more fu%$# than we already are.