PDA

View Full Version : Draft winners/losers.

chief31
04-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Winners: Cleveland Browns; Arizona Cardinals; Chicago Bears; Indianapolis Colts; San Francisco 49ers picked up Patrick Willis, LB; Joe Staley,LT; Jason Hill,WR.

Losers: Kansas City Chiefs; Kansas City Chiefs; Kansas City Chiefs; Kansas City Chiefs

cf2112
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
The draft isn't quite a loser but I was hoping for a Trent trade to get more picks but the 6th round offer was a joke. I hope they trade him today cause he waas not the same after the opener last.

stlchief
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
I recall stlchief71 stating no way would the first draft pick be anything other than a lineman (on either side of the ball), but especially, especially not a WR.

Boy - that guy does not know what he is talking about...

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Tell meif anyone agrees with this, but it seems like for Draft Losers- is any Chiefs fan who would like to see 30 seconds of coverage over what the chiefs are doing and need. Last I checked we are an NFL franchise why do they talk about what we do as if its like oh yea and by the way I think the Chiefs selected someone but who really cares. This s*** really pisses me off:violent-smiley-070:

timbok
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
u are a bunch of losers

Coach
04-29-2007, 01:26 PM
u are a bunch of losers

Wow, a lot of thought went into this post.

chief31
04-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Tell meif anyone agrees with this, but it seems like for Draft Losers- is any Chiefs fan who would like to see 30 seconds of coverage over what the chiefs are doing and need. Last I checked we are an NFL franchise why do they talk about what we do as if its like oh yea and by the way I think the Chiefs selected someone but who really cares. This s*** really pisses me off:violent-smiley-070:

It may be because we don't draft anyone with alot of potential. With the exception of Bowe, who hasn't done much, there isn't any value on what we have drafted.

jgunn1966
04-29-2007, 02:05 PM
A kicker that helps the O-Line

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-29-2007, 02:11 PM
didnt we sign a kicker? not that I think Tynes is neccesarily the answer
but what about corner what about OL
This guy occasionally missed short field goal and struggles with kick offs

chief31
04-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Bobby Beathard, former team president of the San Diego Chargers, just put his two-cents in, on the matter. On NFL Networks draft coverage, each of the analysts on the show, were asked "what team hurt themselves the most, in the draft?". Of thirty-ywo teams, in the NFL, Bobby picked the Chiefs. For the same reasons, that I have pointed out. The Chiefs have done nothing, to address their horrid offensive line.

chief31
04-29-2007, 03:53 PM
I recall stlchief71 stating no way would the first draft pick be anything other than a lineman (on either side of the ball), but especially, especially not a WR.

Boy - that guy does not know what he is talking about...

Here's the BBQ sauce, pass me some of that crow, you're eating. I agreed with you, on that one.

Chiefsfan27
04-29-2007, 03:54 PM
A kicker that helps the O-Line

holy f*** this pisses me off so much. David Irons and Tim Duckworth are still on the board and we draft a f***ing kicker. and we didnt even get the best kicker. WTF! Mason Crosby!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? why didnt we take him at least? f*** teams are so stupid. someone else passed on Crosby too. The firstthree picks were good but Medlock? a kicker? arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Chiefsfan27
04-29-2007, 04:42 PM
It may be because we don't draft anyone with alot of potential. With the exception of Bowe, who hasn't done much, there isn't any value on what we have drafted.

I hear ya its bull**** that during the duration of our 15 minutes on the clock, everyone was talking about Brady Quinn. Give us some *$%#ing respect.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Wow, a lot of thought went into this post.

The same amount of thought goes into most of his posts.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 05:12 PM
The draft isn't quite a loser but I was hoping for a Trent trade to get more picks but the 6th round offer was a joke. I hope they trade him today cause he waas not the same after the opener last.

What happened with this situation? I didn't really get to watch it closely here at work.

Welcome aboard the "Crowd" cf2112! :)

chief31
04-29-2007, 05:16 PM
What happened with this situation? I didn't really get to watch it closely here at work.

Welcome aboard the "Crowd" cf2112! :)

The Dolphins refused to offer anything, more than their second, late, sixth round pick.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 06:41 PM
The Dolphins refused to offer anything, more than their second, late, sixth round pick.

Surprise, surprise!

wolfpack
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
i couldn`t beleive the phins didnt pick quinn in the first. and i thought the queen was stupid. look out queen you have some compution at the top idiots of general mangement.
but you topped it off by picking 2 DT`S, a RB and a KICKER before any o-line help, if one wants to call the 6th or was it the 7th round help for the o-line. i guess he going to sign 3rd rate corners and o-line help line that the draft is over with.

Coach
04-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Is there any part of you guys that wonders if the Chiefs intentionally avoided taking offensive lineman because they are anticipating acquiring some through a trade? Ala, Trent Green or L.J?

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Is there any part of you guys that wonders if the Chiefs intentionally avoided taking offensive lineman because they are anticipating acquiring some through a trade? Ala, Trent Green or L.J?

Yes, I do wonder that, and all I can say is that they are going to have to do something to fill those gaping holes in the "O" line. I hope you're right bud.

stlchief
04-29-2007, 10:54 PM
The kicker draft makes NO sense. This guy is not goint to take LT's spot this year (unless he is a stud and then we all have to admit we were wrong later). If you are brining him in to foster competition, then why did we sign an arena league kicker a few weeks back? Wasn't that just to shake LT up?

Jeez.

If Bowe doesn't start, then this could be the worst draft ever. If he starts and drops third down catches that would be firsts (aka Sammy Parker), it cements the deal and it is the worst draft ever...

chief31
04-29-2007, 11:35 PM

I certainly would like to hope so, but with Trent, he wants to go to Miami and my feelings about Miami O-linemen are not favorable. The L.J. idea is a little bit more feasible, but, unlikely, in my opinion.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I certainly would like to hope so, but with Trent, he wants to go to Miami and my feelings about Miami O-linemen are not favorable. The L.J. idea is a little bit more feasible, but, unlikely, in my opinion.

True; he was Carl's big pick.

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Carl Peterson mode of operation is to draft how he wants yto than fill the holes left by older players with other older players that are high priced and going beyond their prime, so that the problem continues to face him year after year. You reload with young men in physical sports, not older men who are breaking down in speed and physical powers, and that is part of the problem with Carl's way of thinkng. In physical sports, reloading is the way to go, not "rebuilding", because rebuilding never ends, and we have nineteen years of proof to accentuate the point.

:character0011: So what Kid!!

Coach
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Carl Peterson mode of operation is to draft how he wants yto than fill the holes left by older players with other older players that are high priced and going beyond their prime, so that the problem continues to face him year after year. You reload with young men in physical sports, not older men who are breaking down in speed and physical powers, and that is part of the problem with Carl's way of thinkng. In physical sports, reloading is the way to go, not "rebuilding", because rebuilding never ends, and we have nineteen years of proof to accentuate the point.

:character0011: So what Kid!!

Rebuilding seasons are losing seasons. And losing seasons affect tickets sales. Reloading seasons have many more wins, and keep the fans just excited enough to keep buying tickets. I think we all know where Carl stands on this issue, even if it prevents us from having a super bowl contender.

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Carl rebuilds just enough to sell tickets, and that is, in his mind his job, He does it well, and is rewarded, like Tex Marrs of the Dallas Cowboys use to be, year after year. It is all about selling tickets, never about building Super Bowl contenders. I have learned to live with it because the Chiefs are my team, win or lose, but it does not make it any easier year after year.

:) GO CHIEFS!!

Coach
04-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Carl rebuilds just enough to sell tickets, and that is, in his mind his job, He does it well, and is rewarded, like Tex Marrs of the Dallas Cowboys use to be, year after year. It is all about selling tickets, never about building Super Bowl contenders. I have learned to live with it because the Chiefs are my team, win or lose, but it does not make it any easier year after year.

:) GO CHIEFS!!

Yes it does get old. But at least we have fielded competitive teams for about 20 years now.

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Rebuilding seasons are losing seasons. And losing seasons affect tickets sales. Reloading seasons have many more wins, and keep the fans just excited enough to keep buying tickets. I think we all know where Carl stands on this issue, even if it prevents us from having a super bowl contender.

Hence the love / hate relationship long time Chiefs fans have with this organization.