PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Buehler take a day off, but his buddies still misuse a Ferrari...

hermhater
05-05-2008, 03:14 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/son-wrecks-dads-prized-ferrari/2008/05/05/1209839515331.html

tornadospotter
05-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Ouch!!!! That sucks

Wski Girl
05-05-2008, 12:33 PM
"The front of the red sports car, which police said had been speeding, finished wrapped around a pole in the spectacular accident, which took place on Batman Avenue"

You are not batman, and your car is not armour plated!

"The Nine Network last night reported the luxury car had suffered "extensive front-end damage".

If I ever did something like that when I was in school Id have extensive back end damage!!!!!

DUMB_@$$!

tornadospotter
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
"The front of the red sports car, which police said had been speeding, finished wrapped around a pole in the spectacular accident, which took place on Batman Avenue"

"The Nine Network last night reported the luxury car had suffered "extensive front-end damage".

If I ever did something like that when I was in school Id have extensive back end damage!!!!!
not damaged but red with hand imprints.

DUMB_@$$!
yep :11:

Hayvern
05-05-2008, 08:06 PM

DUMB_@$$!

The thing is, if you can afford a $400K car AND you allow your kid to drive it, then you can certainly afford to replace it.

In this case, I would imagine it is no worse than if I had crashed my mom's Pontiac Pheonix in 1983. In fact, I would have probably been in more trouble than this kid because that junky Pheonix was way more important to my family than this Ferrari is to theirs.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
The thing is, if you can afford a $400K car AND you allow your kid to drive it, then you can certainly afford to replace it.

In this case, I would imagine it is no worse than if I had crashed my mom's Pontiac Pheonix in 1983. In fact, I would have probably been in more trouble than this kid because that junky Pheonix was way more important to my family than this Ferrari is to theirs.

Good point!

Some folks don't appreciate what they've got!

royalswin100games
05-05-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/son-wrecks-dads-prized-ferrari/2008/05/05/1209839515331.html

Meh, no biggy. It's not a Ferrari 250 LM. :11:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/05/55.jpg

Coach
05-05-2008, 10:27 PM

Sweet! A Pontiac Phoenix!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/05/57.jpg

royalswin100games
05-05-2008, 10:29 PM

Now that is cool.

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM

Someone must live near Detroit...

:biggrin:

Guru
05-06-2008, 01:29 AM

DUMB_@$$!

I can't stand it when reporters state the obvious. Remember the Shuttle accident in 86? "obviously a major malfunction"

hermhater
05-06-2008, 01:32 AM
I can't stand it when reporters state the obvious. Remember the Shuttle accident in 86? "obviously a major malfunction"

Our stupid creative writing teacher got pissed off when the intercom made an announcement about the shuttle launch.

It was the first time we didn't all get to watch it on TV and she was mad about the fact that the principal interrupted her class...

Then the news came that it was a disaster, and she turned pale and said she felt terrible about making the comments that she did...

(On a side note, she was actually a Playboy Centerfold in the 70's!)

Guru
05-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Our stupid creative writing teacher got pissed off when the intercom made an announcement about the shuttle launch.

It was the first time we didn't all get to watch it on TV and she was mad about the fact that the principal interrupted her class...

Then the news came that it was a disaster, and she turned pale and said she felt terrible about making the comments that she did...

(On a side note, she was actually a Playboy Centerfold in the 70's!)

Really? She should have felt like crap then. Shuttle launches were still a big deal that year. Especially considering there was a teacher on that flight. I am surprised any teacher would have reacted that way. Heck, at our school they had TVs all over the place. Most of us saw the explosion live.

hermhater
05-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Really? She should have felt like crap then. Shuttle launches were still a big deal that year. Especially considering there was a teacher on that flight. I am surprised any teacher would have reacted that way. Heck, at our school they had TVs all over the place. Most of us saw the explosion live.

She did feel like sh!t after her comment, either that or she was just making sure we didn't tell anyone what she said.

She got on my case a couple of other times for questioning her teaching abilities during the semester though, so obviously she was a moran!

:lol:

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:03 AM
She did feel like sh!t after her comment, either that or she was just making sure we didn't tell anyone what she said.

She got on my case a couple of other times for questioning her teaching abilities during the semester though, so obviously she was a moran!

Use an asterisk instead. Chiefster might not mind it as much. heh

Aren't you proof she was a horrible teacher? :D

Couldn't resist.

hermhater
05-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Use an asterisk instead. Chiefster might not mind it as much. heh

Aren't you proof she was a horrible teacher? :D

Couldn't resist.

I think the exclamation point it vastly underrated...

Good one Guru!

I was actually teaching her her job in 7th grade, so no I don't think that is proof that she was a horrible teacher, just that the teachers we had back then were not competent, so I would hate to see what they are like now.

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:43 AM

I think the exclamation point it vastly underrated...

Good one Guru!

I was actually teaching her her job in 7th grade, so no I don't think that is proof that she was a horrible teacher, just that the teachers we had back then were not competent, so I would hate to see what they are like now.

There are still good ones out there. I have been happy with all but one of my sons teachers so far.

hermhater
05-06-2008, 02:52 AM
There are still good ones out there. I have been happy with all but one of my sons teachers so far.

As usual, I have not been happy with my son's teachers.

I guess I am about as a pessimistic as you.

I wish it was within my power to teach my son the way life really works, as well as the bullsh*t (better) that the public school system spews.

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:54 AM
As usual, I have not been happy with my son's teachers.

I guess I am about as a pessimistic as you.

I wish it was within my power to teach my son the way life really works, as well as the bullsh*t (better) that the public school system spews.

My wife hates it when I say public schools are broken. She is a counselor in one of them. Some of the stories she tells me tend to make my case though.

hermhater
05-06-2008, 02:58 AM
My wife hates it when I say public schools are broken. She is a counselor in one of them. Some of the stories she tells me tend to make my case though.

Sad.