PDA

View Full Version : Firefox rocks!!!

Guru
05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I utilized Firefox's adblock feature so I don't have to see all the other rep whore levels out there.:yahoo::D:beer:

hermhater
05-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I did that with that crazy smilie that flashes back and white super fast!

It was gonna give me a seizure I thought!

Are you using Adblock Plus?

That is what I use, plus Video Download Helper, Download Status bar, and Flashgot!

Those are my favorite add ons!

Guru
05-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Nope. Just the standard original adblock. I always used it on questionable avatars and sigs from other sites. Never considered using it for the rep though. heh.

Worked like a charm.

tornadospotter
05-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I did that with that crazy smilie that flashes back and white super fast!

It was gonna give me a seizure I thought!

Are you using Adblock Plus?

That is what I use, plus Video Download Helper, Download Status bar, and Flashgot!

Those are my favorite add ons!
:character00129: This one?

Guru
05-05-2008, 01:43 PM

He has it blocked. He can't even see that you put it on there.:sign0104:

hermhater
05-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Nope. Just the standard original adblock. I always used it on questionable avatars and sigs from other sites. Never considered using it for the rep though. heh.

Worked like a charm.

I don't recall ever getting Rep from you Guru.

I am sure I have given you quite a bit.

Have I really never said anything worth giving rep to?

hermhater
05-05-2008, 02:34 PM

He has it blocked. He can't even see that you put it on there.:sign0104:

Exactly!

:sign0098:

Guru
05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't recall ever getting Rep from you Guru.

I am sure I have given you quite a bit.

Have I really never said anything worth giving rep to?

I have most definitely given rep to you. I just don't hand out rep for goofyness.

chief31
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I have most definitely given rep to you. I just don't hand out rep for goofyness.
Well, if that isn't a contradiction...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guru
05-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, if that isn't a contradiction...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Believe it or not, every now and then, HH actually has a quality post. Which is what I look for when giving rep.

chief31
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Believe it or not, every now and then, HH actually has a quality post. Which is what I look for when giving rep.

You're right. I don't believe you. I guess it is just extra hard to find that one, between the other 16,322 posts.:D

Guru
05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
You're right. I don't believe you. I guess it is just extra hard to find that one, between the other 16,322 posts.:D

Well, somebody out there really enjoys his posts. :lol:

hermhater
05-05-2008, 04:36 PM

I try to keep the rep crap under control believe it or not.

Since I have so many posts (granted 90% of them are crap, I just do it to give us something to talk about) and have gotten so much rep, I think I give out about 5,000 or so rep points per rep.

Generally when I give rep it is all my allotment for the day to the same person (if I can find enough posts from them during that small window when I am giving out the rep) and that generally gives them a 58.

You have just started posting more lately (I know the baby takes up a lot of time, so I understand) so I have been able to give you more rep.

What I am actually trying to do is keep you mods as close to the top of the rep chain as possible.

I think it would be silly to have all of us peons with more rep than you guys.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Like right now I am completely out of rep to give and I am trying to give it to you now Guru.

It is mostly a scheduling conflict between us, normally you are getting online just about the time I am getting ready for bed.

Guru
05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Like right now I am completely out of rep to give and I am trying to give it to you now Guru.

It is mostly a scheduling conflict between us, normally you are getting online just about the time I am getting ready for bed.

I admit I am confused how I went from the leader to way off the pace in a matter of just a couple of months.

What is really odd is that I got more rep while I was away then I have receive since I have been back.

Personally, I would rather do away with it since it really serves no real purpose.

anaeelbackwards
05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
I admit I am confused how I went from the leader to way off the pace in a matter of just a couple of months.

What is really odd is that I got more rep while I was away then I have receive since I have been back.

Personally, I would rather do away with it since it really serves no real purpose.

i was wondering about that rep deal....

maybe we should get like 10,000 arrowcash for every 58 you receive, coach?

Guru
05-05-2008, 05:14 PM

Nah, that won't work either. Coach has had to alter the rep meter several times due to how fast rep is advancing lately. He is due for another update to the system with Canada and HH so loaded with 58s right now.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 05:14 PM

I explained why the rep is so messed up right now in my previous post.

I have been giving it all out every day to the same person quite often, and when you and I are on at the same time I am generally out of rep.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind it being gone from the site, but it is one of the FEW things members have control over.

Being a mod you can pretty much do whatever you want, but this one little thing is what we can do on the site to affect it.

I like that idea!

I doubt that it goes into effect though...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

hermhater
05-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Nah, that won't work either. Coach has had to alter the rep meter several times due to how fast rep is advancing lately. He is due for another update to the system with Canada and HH so loaded with 58s right now.

I agree that Coach is probably going to redo the rep meter again.

I have actually neg repped Canada for no other reason than to keep the rep under control, but others just keep giving him rep so it keeps going up.

I appreciate all the rep I get from you guys, but I seen this coming again because of the amount of rep out there.

It would seem that some of the members of the site actually do enjoy the posts made by us.

Guru
05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
I explained why the rep is so messed up right now in my previous post.

I have been giving it all out every day to the same person quite often, and when you and I are on at the same time I am generally out of rep.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind it being gone from the site, but it is one of the FEW things members have control over.

Being a mod you can pretty much do whatever you want, but this one little thing is what we can do on the site to affect it.

You wouldn't even miss it after about a week.

the first fansite I joined had rep and I managed to get to the pinnacle rep and then realized, "what was the point?" In the end, the rep itself didn't mean anything to me. The comments that people leave meant a lot to me. It is more THAT I am missing rather than the rep points. I could care less about the rep points.

Knowing that something I said meant something to another poster means more to me than the points.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 05:24 PM

the first fansite I joined had rep and I managed to get to the pinnacle rep and then realized, "what was the point?" In the end, the rep itself didn't mean anything to me. The comments that people leave meant a lot to me. It is more THAT I am missing rather than the rep points. I could care less about the rep points.

I appreciate the comments as well Guru, don't get me wrong.

I think the whole point of rep is sort of like the point of the Arrowcash.

The more a member posts, the more Arrowcash they receive, and the more references Google makes to the site. That is the use of giving out Arrowcash to promote more posting, otherwise I don't see any reason for it.

As far as rep goes, it sort of gives new members a feeling of who is either held in high regard either for their contributions to the site, or their football knowledge.

I'm pretty sure tammie has gotten some rep for helping everyone out with the ticket orders, and setting up the Chiefs Crowd awards.

If she hasn't then it is a shame, because she contributes to the members of this site as much as a Mod if not more, and it is a way for others to show their appreciation.

Guru
05-05-2008, 05:36 PM

The more a member posts, the more Arrowcash they receive, and the more references Google makes to the site. That is the use of giving out Arrowcash to promote more posting, otherwise I don't see any reason for it.

As far as rep goes, it sort of gives new members a feeling of who is either held in high regard either for their contributions to the site, or their football knowledge.

I'm pretty sure tammie has gotten some rep for helping everyone out with the ticket orders, and setting up the Chiefs Crowd awards.

If she hasn't then it is a shame, because she contributes to the members of this site as much as a Mod if not more, and it is a way for others to show their appreciation.

Yeah, but it also shows a level of elitism. I don't want people to visit the site and find themselves thinking only 5-6 members are really worth reading. One of the benefits of no rep and no level status, is that everyone is on a level playing field. You are remembered for the content of your posts rather than popularity.

I would be all for taking postcount down as well.

anaeelbackwards
05-05-2008, 05:36 PM

yes although i dont get on as much as i would like to, i do appreciate all the rep i get from you guys. it feels like someone is actually taking the time to read or watch whatever i put on the board, and make me feel like an regular.

and i really do appreciate and want to give my thanks to what tammie and canada and everyone else who is getting together, writing out posts and calling people for the whole homeopener.... its a big hassel and a whole lot of work, but the ending results will be rewarding. having this mass number of us at the homeopener will be awesome!

WE RULE!

hermhater
05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, but it also shows a level of elitism. I don't want people to visit the site and find themselves thinking only 5-6 members are really worth reading. One of the benefits of no rep and no level status, is that everyone is on a level playing field. You are remembered for the content of your posts rather than popularity.

I hope that I am not getting rep simply because someone thinks I'm "popular", I assume that they are giving it out because of the content of my posts.

I don't mind the kidding around about me being a post whore, but are you saying that my rep doesn't reflect the quality of my contributions to the site?

Guru
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I hope that I am not getting rep simply because someone thinks I'm "popular", I assume that they are giving it out because of the content of my posts.

I don't mind the kidding around about me being a post whore, but are you saying that my rep doesn't reflect the quality of my contributions to the site?

not saying that at all. I do feel as though a lot of rep gets passed out just do to it though. Even you yourself admitted to doing that on some level. Bumping people up just to bump them.

you keep the site hopping, that is certain.

chief31
05-05-2008, 05:46 PM

I thought you just blocked it from your view? Now that isn't enough? Now you think that it should be removed altogether?

You blocked it. Just ignore it then.

Knowing that something I said meant something to another poster means more to me than the points.

Ditto. That's what I like about the whole system. It is nice to be able to send a quick "kudos" that doesn't have to be responded to. I f I want to post it in the thread, I can. If I want to send a PM, I can, and If I want to just send a quick "Hell yeah!" then I can.

I've heard you tell others that if they don't like the way someone poats, they can ignore them. Well, just ignore it.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
not saying that at all. I do feel as though a lot of rep gets passed out just do to it though. Even you yourself admitted to doing that on some level. Bumping people up just to bump them.

you keep the site hopping, that is certain.

I said that I generally do that for the MODS.

I want to make sure that their contributions are reflected in their rep count, as I never would have stayed on the site had it not been for the quality of the posts by them before I got on here and started whoring it up!

:lol:

I feel that the Mods should have the top amount of rep, unfortunately I am not always able to give out the amount of rep to them because I don't get to see as many of your guys' posts at the times when I have it available.

Hell Coach is never on the site, that is why I can't keep him all repped up.

Once again I am trying to keep the Mods at the top of the rep chain, as I feel it looks pretty silly to have the regular members above them, and I don't have any control over who gives me rep, so sorry there are so many 58's up there.

Also I give rbedgood quite a bit of rep as I value his knowledge of football quite a bit.

I even went campaigning for negative rep and rbedgood was kind enough to neg rep me about 6 or 7 times.

Guru
05-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I thought you just blocked it from your view? Now that isn't enough? Now you think that it should be removed altogether?

You blocked it. Just ignore it then.

Ditto. That's what I like about the whole system. It is nice to be able to send a quick "kudos" that doesn't have to be responded to. I f I want to post it in the thread, I can. If I want to send a PM, I can, and If I want to just send a quick "Hell yeah!" then I can.

I've heard you tell others that if they don't like the way someone poats, they can ignore them. Well, just ignore it.

I am not complaining about the ability to comment on a persons post. That was the one feature I liked.

I will never ignore a poster. i just remind members the option is there. Two different things.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
I am not complaining about the ability to comment on a persons post. That was the one feature I liked.

I will never ignore a poster. i just remind members the option is there. Two different things.

I have never put anyone on ignore, but when someone is obviously timsatt, I do not respond to them!

:11:

:yahoo:

chief31
05-05-2008, 06:02 PM

I just don't see how you would suggest that we should do away with it, when you are now happily ignoring it.

So now you are ignoring it, but you still don't seem very happy.

Guru
05-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I just don't see how you would suggest that we should do away with it, when you are now happily ignoring it.

So now you are ignoring it, but you still don't seem very happy.

Well, no... HH asked me some questions so I elaborated. Guess I should have just ignored his questions so you wouldn't get upset with my viewpoint.:D

hermhater
05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, no... HH asked me some questions so I elaborated. Guess I should have just ignored his questions so you wouldn't get upset with my viewpoint.:D

I was just letting you know why I liked it, and thought it was useful.

Guru
05-05-2008, 06:14 PM

I was just letting you know why I liked it, and thought it was useful.

I have no problem with that at all HH. I am glad people like it. I don't see why it is a problem with 31 that I don't though. it is an opinion. What he is calling a "suggestion to remove it" was actually only my statement of what I felt about it.

I don't have the power to remove it and wouldn't even consider it without a majority vote.

I am, however, entitled to my opinions.:11:

Now, back to business.:D

chief31
05-05-2008, 06:22 PM

B.S.

You brought it up on your own. You brought this whole subject up on your own. Instead of just ignoring it, you fealt the need to make some big case of it, and tell us that it serves no purpose. Well, the fact that it doesn't serve any purpose for you doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a purpose for some.

I could do without it, as I said, the part of the system that I like is the actual message, not any rep ranking. But you didn't bother complaining about this until you realized that you were no longer at the top of the list.

Now, with a big dramatic scene having been made (After you eliminated it from your view) I imagine that the squeaky wheel will get the oil, and the system will be gone soon.

Like I said, if it is off of your screen, then how is it still some big problem for you?

tammietailgator
05-05-2008, 06:25 PM
I even went campaigning for negative rep and rbedgood was kind enough to neg rep me about 6 or 7 times.[/quote]

Hey! I neg repped you too:mob::bananen_smilies046:

Guru
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
B.S.

You brought it up on your own. You brought this whole subject up on your own. Instead of just ignoring it, you fealt the need to make some big case of it, and tell us that it serves no purpose. Well, the fact that it doesn't serve any purpose for you doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a purpose for some.

I could do without it, as I said, the part of the system that I like is the actual message, not any rep ranking. But you didn't bother complaining about this until you realized that you were no longer at the top of the list.

Now, with a big dramatic scene having been made (After you eliminated it from your view) I imagine that the squeaky wheel will get the oil, and the system will be gone soon.

Like I said, if it is off of your screen, then how is it still some big problem for you?

Was I frustrated yes. Was it because I wasn't in first, no. I have felt that I shouldn't even post lately due to the lack of notice of anyone here. I can't help that I am unable to post during normal times outside of Mondays. Sometimes I feel on the outside looking in.

Sue me.

There you got my response. ***** at me some more. Maybe this was my way of drawing a little attention to the fact that I would like to see more night time activity for my sake.

The rep isn't a big problem for me because it IS off my screen. I will stop responding to peoples questions and concerns because it pisses you off so much though.

I am off to bed to prepare for my normal night shift now.

chief31
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Was I frustrated yes. Was it because I wasn't in first, no. I have felt that I shouldn't even post lately due to the lack of notice of anyone here. I can't help that I am unable to post during normal times outside of Mondays. Sometimes I feel on the outside looking in.

Sue me.

There you got my response. ***** at me some more. Maybe this was my way of drawing a little attention to the fact that I would like to see more night time activity for my sake.

The rep isn't a big problem for me because it IS off my screen. I will stop responding to peoples questions and concerns because it pisses you off so much though.

Geesh! Melodramatic much?

If you can't be on here as much, then you can't be on here as much. It happens to all of us. (Except HH)

I'm sorry for getting so huffy about this, but I just didn't understand why that would be a problem for anyone. It's not like being the rep-leader gives you any extra weight to throw around.

Only being a mod/admin does that. And you already have that. the rep system is basically there for those who want to use it. Those who don't, generally, won't. But they rarely start a thread entitled "Since I can't buy any".

I understand the late night thing well. I am often salty that I can't be here to argue with TC when he is on. Eventhough I imagine he is thrilled about that fact. But that is just my situation.

Anyway, again, I apologize for getting sh***t with you.

Guru
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Geesh! Melodramatic much?

If you can't be on here as much, then you can't be on here as much. It happens to all of us. (Except HH)

I'm sorry for getting so huffy about this, but I just didn't understand why that would be a problem for anyone. It's not like being the rep-leader gives you any extra weight to throw around.

Only being a mod/admin does that. And you already have that. the rep system is basically there for those who want to use it. Those who don't, generally, won't. But they rarely start a thread entitled "Since I can't buy any".

I understand the late night thing well. I am often salty that I can't be here to argue with TC when he is on. Eventhough I imagine he is thrilled about that fact. But that is just my situation.

Anyway, again, I apologize for getting sh***t with you.

It's cool with me 31. I didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way with this thread. It was really just a way to remind some of the night guys/gals that I am around even though I stay invisible.

When I jump into the chatbox, it almost always dies as soon as I get there. Like clockwork. heh

that got frustrating.

When I saw others flying up the rep chart while I was sitting there stagnant even though I was posting regularly caught me a little off guard. HHs response explained a little bit why that might be happening to me. I like knowing that my posts get noticed every now and then and lately they haven't been. Or at least it seemed that way.

Anyway, I am late getting my Monday nap so I will see you all tonight. :beer:

hermhater
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Just so you know Guru, this is the most I have seen you post in a looong time.

I am still sticking by my strategy of trying to keep the Mods all repped up.

I know you have seen the rep I have given you in the past, and I feel it is my responsibility to give it to you in the future.

I am not for certain, but I would wager that I give out the most rep on the site, and I hold that responsibility in high regard.

I am not a mod, so I cannot affect what people post, or what they cannot, but I can show my appreciation for contributions to the site.

royalswin100games
05-05-2008, 07:00 PM

I know you have seen the rep I have given you in the past, and I feel it is my responsibility to give it to you in the future.

I am not for certain, but I would wager that I give out the most rep on the site, and I hold that responsibility in high regard.

I am not a mod, so I cannot affect what people post, or what they cannot, but I can show my appreciation for contributions to the site.

Well thank you HH.

:bananen_smilies046:

(Gratuitous thread interruption)

tammietailgator
05-05-2008, 07:01 PM
we need to recruit late night early morning posters!!

hermhater
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Well thank you HH.

(Gratuitous thread interruption)

hermhater
05-05-2008, 07:08 PM

I've tried that many times asking where all the Chiefs fans in different time zones were at!

Coach
05-05-2008, 07:13 PM

I think it does provide value. But it has been abused.

I would agree completely. That is the part of the rep program that I like.

The point of Arrowcash wasn't necessarily to increase posting, although it is a by-product. It was to create fun activities for everyone to use. Such as the casino and the fantasy sportsbook.

I would agree.

I appreciate the efforts of all of our members. Tammie has been big lately. And Canada has devoted a ton of time to the opening day project. Chief31 single-handedly runs the sportsbook. Guru and Chiefster have been modding the boards for longer than most people have been visiting this site. And HH, you also contribute a lot of meaningful threads/posts to this board. I appreciate the efforts of everyone that contributes to this site. If I had a payroll, you'd all be on it.

I would be all for taking postcount down as well.

I don't see what purpose this would serve. In fact I think it would be a bad thing.

yes although i dont get on as much as i would like to, i do appreciate all the rep i get from you guys. it feels like someone is actually taking the time to read or watch whatever i put on the board, and make me feel like an regular.

and i really do appreciate and want to give my thanks to what tammie and canada and everyone else who is getting together, writing out posts and calling people for the whole homeopener.... its a big hassel and a whole lot of work, but the ending results will be rewarding. having this mass number of us at the homeopener will be awesome!
WE RULE!

Couldn't agree more.

My final thoughts on the rep thing are that I would like to keep it because I do believe it serves a purpose, if for nothing else than being able to leave a short comment to someone when giving the rep. I may look into capping ithe amount of rep someone may attain though.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I appreciate the efforts of all of our members. Tammie has been big lately. And Canada has devoted a ton of time to the opening day project. Chief31 single-handedly runs the sportsbook. Guru and Chiefster have been modding the boards for longer than most people have been visiting this site. And HH, you also contribute a lot of meaningful threads/posts to this board. I appreciate the efforts of everyone that contributes to this site. If I had a payroll, you'd all be on it.

Thanks Coach!

If I wasn't out of Rep you would get it!

:biggrin:

tammietailgator
05-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I think this also represents what our 1st annual awards ceremony is going to do... we will be able to show our appreciation for those memorable posts, and memorable people that we all interact with regularly.. this world has not become virtual in so many aspects. It isn't a popularity contest, but a celebration of different opinions and types of people all getting together...
:bananen_smilies046:- I will have the list ready to vote on by June 1st...that will give us all time to vote for the Home Opener.

PS... If I cant be on the payroll... then I want to be capped out in rep :D

hermhater
05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Well it looks like you got your wish Guru.

Anything else we need to change about the site that would make you happy?

How about we get rid of the smilies too?

Those seem to annoy you as well.

Canada
05-05-2008, 08:11 PM
If rep is a seriously upsetting members then get rid of it ...who give a f#ck!!

hermhater
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
If rep is a seriously upsetting members then get rid of it ...who give a f#ck!!

I like having the rep feature myself, but the thing I liked best about it was how were kind of honoring DT.

I believe you spend a lot of time and money supporting our team and you engage in conversation with a lot of the fans here on the site so I don't think that you had too much rep personally.

I on the other hand post so much stuff that it was inevitable that my rep would grow just out of the sheer mass of posts.

Coach
05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
I changed the rep image to the #58 logo instead of the green arrowheads. The max arrowheads shown for anyone's profile is 11. However, your rep will continue to grow as you receive rep from other members. If you want to know your reputation value, click on User CP (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/usercp.php) at the top of the screen.

Hopefully this is a good solution for everyone and we can move on to more important matters. Like Brodie getting his head out of his arse and playing like a starting QB in the NFL.

hermhater
05-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I changed the rep image to the #58 logo instead of the green arrowheads. The max arrowheads shown for anyone's profile is 11. However, your rep will continue to grow as you receive rep from other members. If you want to know your reputation value, click on User CP (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/usercp.php) at the top of the screen.

Hopefully this is a good solution for everyone and we can move on to more important matters. Like Brodie getting his head out of his arse and playing like a starting QB in the NFL.

Brodie has the physical abilities to get the job done.

When, not if, he makes more poor decisions, he does NOT need to be running into an entire gang of opposing players to try and tackle the ball carrier!

That will only lead to injury, and he's gonna get enough of that without exposing himself to even greater risks.

Coach
05-05-2008, 09:22 PM

When, not if, he makes more poor decisions, he does NOT need to be running into an entire gang of opposing players to try and tackle the ball carrier!

That will only lead to injury, and he's gonna get enough of that without exposing himself to even greater risks.
I assume you are talking about the play in the Indy game. That was like a slow train wreck. You could see it coming a mile away.

tammietailgator
05-05-2008, 09:22 PM

He has gained 20lbs and shot a turkey last week... I think he is ready!!!:yahoo:

hermhater
05-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I assume you are talking about the play in the Indy game. That was like a slow train wreck. You could see it coming a mile away.

That is exactly what I am talking about, and if it weren't for Herm wasting 3 timeouts at the end of the first half we probably would have won that game.

He has gained 20lbs and shot a turkey last week... I think he is ready!!!:yahoo:

Good to know he's beefing up, too bad the only turkeys at the Faders game are on the other side of the ball or he could shoot them too with his cannon.

Chiefster
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Like seeing is in slow mation...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hermhater
05-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Like seeing is in slow mation...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kind of like watching you walk out of the frame...

YouTube - Old Guy Walking Slow

royalswin100games
05-05-2008, 10:16 PM

Does he have the mental capabilities to get the job done? Will he make the right decisions with time?

Chiefster
05-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Kind of like watching you walk out of the frame...

YouTube - Old Guy Walking Slow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQFEFCz293M)

What do you think I am; a speed walker! :11:

Guru
05-06-2008, 12:05 AM

Ironically enough, you tend to rep me for making fun of you. heh. You should be neg repping me for that. :lol:

Don't feel like you have to rep anyone just to rep though. Look for those stand-out posts.:sign0098:

Guru
05-06-2008, 12:06 AM

Most definitely. :toast2:

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Does he have the mental capabilities to get the job done? Will he make the right decisions with time?

I don't know.

I have yet to see him play in the NFL without constant pressure.

What do you think I am; a speed walker! :11:

No, I think you are a super computer user that is gonna take my spot as computer expert since I took your spot as post whore.

Guru
05-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Well it looks like you got your wish Guru.

Anything else we need to change about the site that would make you happy?

How about we get rid of the smilies too?

Those seem to annoy you as well.

:sign0153:I am the one that wants to see people use the smilies so it is obvious when people are poking fun or really serious.

Keep it up. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Ironically enough, you tend to rep me for making fun of you. heh. You should be neg repping me for that. :lol:

Don't feel like you have to rep anyone just to rep though. Look for those stand-out posts.:sign0098:

I don't neg rep folks.

I neg repped luv once for being less than cordial to me when she neg repped me, and tornado spotter once on accident.

I am a firm believer in the motto "If you don't have something nice to say to someone, don't say anything at all".

If I have 5 reps to give out in a day I will continue to use them for not just great posts, but posters that contribute substantially to the site.

I won't rep just anyone, I make sure to give the mods that post the first rep that I have available, and then go for folks who have good football knowledge, then those that entertain.

I come to this site for knowledge about the Chiefs, but I have also made some pretty good friend, and I hope to continue doing so!

I'm not sure exactly what your schedule is, but if you can drink a beer for me guy!

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:18 AM
:sign0153:I am the one that wants to see people use the smilies so it is obvious when people are poking fun or really serious.

Keep it up. :bananen_smilies046:

I was teasing about the smilies because of that night when I was joking around with smilies in the chatbox!

Guru
05-06-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't neg rep folks.

I neg repped luv once for being less than cordial to me when she neg repped me, and tornado spotter once on accident.

I am a firm believer in the motto "If you don't have something nice to say to someone, don't say anything at all".

If I have 5 reps to give out in a day I will continue to use them for not just great posts, but posters that contribute substantially to the site.

I won't rep just anyone, I make sure to give the mods that post the first rep that I have available, and then go for folks who have good football knowledge, then those that entertain.

I come to this site for knowledge about the Chiefs, but I have also made some pretty good friend, and I hope to continue doing so!

I'm not sure exactly what your schedule is, but if you can drink a beer for me guy!

10:30-6:30am heh. Can't drink beer then either. :11:

Heck, with my hours, I can only have a drink on Saturday and sunday nights. I don't even keep a bottle of wine in the fridge anymore.

Guru
05-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I was teasing about the smilies because of that night when I was joking around with smilies in the chatbox!

Oh yeah, forgot about that. That was Canada's fault though. :D

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:21 AM
10:30-6:30am heh. Can't drink beer then either. :11:

Heck, with my hours, I can only have a drink on Saturday and sunday nights. I don't even keep a bottle of wine in the fridge anymore.

Well I'll drink one for ya!

It was kind of funny though.

Guru
05-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Well I'll drink one for ya!

It was kind of funny though.

I am certain you will. :bananen_smilies046:

It was funny. But it got a little annoying as well. :11::D

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I am certain you will. :bananen_smilies046:

It was funny. But it got a little annoying as well. :11::D

Isn't that Canada's job on the site?

Guru
05-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Isn't that Canada's job on the site?

Actually, I thought it was yours. :D

hermhater
05-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Actually, I thought it was yours. :D

It is just the sheer volume of my posts that is annoying, my actual job is to piss people off!

Guru
05-06-2008, 01:04 AM
It is just the sheer volume of my posts that is annoying, my actual job is to piss people off!

Well, in that case, you are grossly failing with me. :D

hermhater
05-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Well, in that case, you are grossly failing with me. :D

That's because of all the restrictions on the site, but I try!

Guru
05-06-2008, 01:22 AM
That's because of all the restrictions on the site, but I try!

You just keep that bar of soap in your mouth young man. :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
05-06-2008, 02:03 AM

Dammit!!! That youtube video would work perfectly here too. :lol:

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Dammit!!! That youtube video would work perfectly here too. :lol:

Post it!!!:lol: I DARE YOU!!!

Wait, which one? :11:

chief31
05-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Post it!!!:lol: I DARE YOU!!!

Wait, which one? :11:

The South Park vid. that Grabbed Chiefsters attention earlier, entitled "Blame Canada". Several ridiculous Canada bashes in it, but it included one quick "F-BOMB".

Perhaps I could put a link to a page that has a link to it.

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:17 AM
The South Park vid. that Grabbed Chiefsters attention earlier, entitled "Blame Canada". Several ridiculous Canada bashes in it, but it included one quick "F-BOMB".

Perhaps I could put a link to a page that has a link to it.

They don't have an edited version out there? Guess maybe not since it WAS from the movie.

hermhater
05-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Can Mods actually give other Mods infractions???

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:29 AM
Can Mods actually give other Mods infractions???

Hmmmm, don't know. Let me find out. :D:yahoo:

hermhater
05-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Hmmmm, don't know. Let me find out. :D:yahoo:

How will I be able to tell if it happens???

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:37 AM
How will I be able to tell if it happens???

You won't. I checked into it and we can't give each other infractions. heh.

I wonder if Coach can. hmmmmm

hermhater
05-06-2008, 03:10 AM
You won't. I checked into it and we can't give each other infractions. heh.

I wonder if Coach can. hmmmmm

Not a chance!

Coach can't even give me an infraction, I am Untouchable!

Guru
05-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Not a chance!

http://www.thegoldenera.net/images/hats/Untouchable2.jpg

hermhater
05-06-2008, 03:19 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Best movie he ever made!

Guru
05-06-2008, 03:34 AM
It was good but Connery stole the show. I still consider Bull Durham Costn'ers best though.

chief31
05-06-2008, 04:58 AM
It was good but Connery stole the show. I still consider Bull Durham Costn'ers best though.
No doubt in my mind about that one either.

Chiefster
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I utilized Firefox's adblock feature so I don't have to see all the other rep whore levels out there.:yahoo::D:beer:

Firefox is very cool.

That is all.

Chiefster
05-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Not a chance!

Heh!

Canada
05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I am so pissed that I can not get the last 20 minutes of my life back. This thread should be closed, eliminate the Rep system, eliminate the Arrowcash and the smilies. Letter and numbers only. I don't even like the sigs cause some peoples are better than others. I am honestly as a total loss about this thing and the only thing I can say is that some of you need to have a beer and chill out. Unreal!! :bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
05-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I am so pissed that I can not get the last 20 minutes of my life back. This thread should be closed, eliminate the Rep system, eliminate the Arrowcash and the smilies. Letter and numbers only. I don't even like the sigs cause some peoples are better than others. I am honestly as a total loss about this thing and the only thing I can say is that some of you need to have a beer and chill out. Unreal!! :bananen_smilies046:

I'll have a beer dude, then I'll have another - you have a few too. :D

Canada
05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I'll have a beer dude, then I'll have another - you have a few too. :D

No can do today, I have to work at 730 :bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
05-06-2008, 11:54 AM
No can do today, I have to work at 730 :bananen_smilies046:

Unfortunate...

:drunkhb:

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:00 PM

Who's sig is better than mine?

Canada
05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Who's sig is better than mine?

Mine

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Mine

Let me see if I can fix that...

hermhater
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Better?

rbedgood
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Just so Canada has to scroll through the thread again to find the new post...

Actually I have an idea...I agree that rep is shall we say a silly system at best. What if instead of rating a poster, we rated the post instead. Say a choice of a thumbs up, a football, a thumbs down, a smilie face, etc.

A thumbs up for the post would be for a good post
A smilie would be for a funny
A Football would be for a great football post

Y'all get the idea. Instead of showing HH as having some logarithmically growing amount of 58's on his stoopid parrot posts that frankly deserve negative rep, it would honor his good posts and give him thumbs down for his parrots, and the senseless mutterings would probably remain unrated?!

Thoughts?

Flames?

Anyone...?

hermhater
05-06-2008, 09:17 PM

Actually I have an idea...I agree that rep is shall we say a silly system at best. What if instead of rating a poster, we rated the post instead. Say a choice of a thumbs up, a football, a thumbs down, a smilie face, etc.

Y'all get the idea. Instead of showing HH as having some logarithmically growing amount of 58's on his stoopid parrot posts that frankly deserve negative rep, it would honor his good posts and give him thumbs down for his parrots, and the senseless mutterings would probably remain unrated?!

Thoughts?

Flames?

Anyone...?

Sounds great to me!

royalswin100games
05-06-2008, 11:26 PM

Thoughts?

Flames?

Anyone...?

I'll third that.

Chiefster
05-06-2008, 11:29 PM

Thoughts?

Flames?

Anyone...?

Death to the parrot!

:mob:

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:07 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

hermhater
05-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Death to the parrot!

:mob:

I should, but I have too much respect..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Been responding to you for a while now...

Sounds like this whole thing might have been a cry for attention, you really didn't want to talk to me.

:sign0104:

Guru
05-07-2008, 03:38 AM
I should, but I have too much respect..

Been responding to you for a while now...

Sounds like this whole thing might have been a cry for attention, you really didn't want to talk to me.

:sign0104:
I want to talk to everybody. It isn't much fun to respond to a thread and then wait 10 hours to read the answer.

Canada
05-07-2008, 11:25 AM
My problem with this whole thread is that it has been a personal attack on HH an myself. I apologize that we happen to have more rep then everyone else. I have never read in the rules or FAQ forum what the criteria for repping a post is. I did not know that it was wrong to get rep for a funny post, all I know is that members of these boards are the ones who give out rep and it was never a problem until it was myself and HH at the top of the rep system. Personally, I do not care about rep outside of the fact that I appreciate when other members give me some rep for contribution to the site. As much as you all may call HH and I post whores and you all hate to read parrot threads etc....take a look at these boards one night when HH is not around. It gets real boring real fast. He starts more threads here than anyone, and to know have mods turn around and complain about the recognition we have gotten for our contributions to the site is an absolute load of bull****. I don't know why this site is run like we are a bunch of preschoolers who can not deal with someone saying **** or "being more popular" than them, but it is crap and I am getting sick and ****in tired of it!! So feel free to now slap on the infraction that I am sure is on its way for me swearing and if I have to get booted for it then so be it!!

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
My problem with this whole thread is that it has been a personal attack on HH an myself. I apologize that we happen to have more rep then everyone else. I have never read in the rules or FAQ forum what the criteria for repping a post is. I did not know that it was wrong to get rep for a funny post, all I know is that members of these boards are the ones who give out rep and it was never a problem until it was myself and HH at the top of the rep system. Personally, I do not care about rep outside of the fact that I appreciate when other members give me some rep for contribution to the site. As much as you all may call HH and I post whores and you all hate to read parrot threads etc....take a look at these boards one night when HH is not around. It gets real boring real fast. He starts more threads here than anyone, and to know have mods turn around and complain about the recognition we have gotten for our contributions to the site is an absolute load of bull****. I don't know why this site is run like we are a bunch of preschoolers who can not deal with someone saying **** or "being more popular" than them, but it is crap and I am getting sick and ****in tired of it!! So feel free to now slap on the infraction that I am sure is on its way for me swearing and if I have to get booted for it then so be it!!

DON'T BOOT HIM!!!

tammietailgator
05-07-2008, 11:25 PM

:bananen_smilies046:Good Job - I enjoy this site - and you have got a valid point!

YouTube - Eminem - Without Me

Guru
05-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Christ. Never mind.

hermhater
05-08-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm done with this thread.

Chiefster
05-08-2008, 07:52 AM

Let's all take a step back and a deep breath. I don't see anyone getting booted, and I'm not going to edit your post as we were supposed to have a filter in place to edit the swearing. The rules for swearing were in place because it was communicated to me by Coach some time back that he didn't want the site to be inundated with threads containing a lot profane language. I don't believe that enforcing a rule, something mods are charged with doing on a BB, is treating it's members like preschoolers especially when it involves content that maybe unacceptable on a site that is supposed to be family oriented. As far as the rep goes it doesn't bother me to see who has what rep and recognize that it is members who dole it out to others and not them themselves. I think it is impossible to control it and think that perhaps making the rep leaders public is an issue that maybe needs to be revisited by board administration. All members here have done a good job contributing to the boards, and simply think that we all need to try and work out the differences between us that arise out of the inevitable personality clashes that come along when a BB grows into what we have in the Chiefs Crowd we see today. We need to get passed this. I know that apologies have been extended; accept them, lets get on with life and let this issue die.

rbedgood
05-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Let's all take a step back and a deep breath. I don't see anyone getting booted, and I'm not going to edit your post as we were supposed to have a filter in place to edit the swearing. The rules for swearing were in place because it was communicated to me by Coach some time back that he didn't want the site to be inundated with threads containing a lot profane language. I don't believe that enforcing a rule, something mods are charged with doing on a BB, is treating it's members like preschoolers especially when it involves content that maybe unacceptable o a site that is supposed the family oriented. As far as the rep goes it doesn't bother me to see who has what rep and recognize that it is members who dole it out to others and not them themselves. I think it is impossible to control it and think that perhaps making the rep leaders public is an issue that maybe needs to be revisited by board administration. All members here have done a good job contributing to the boards, and simply think that we all need to try and work out the differences between us that arise out of the inevitable personality clashes that come along when a BB grows into what we have in the Chiefs Crowd we see today. We need to get passed this. I know that apologies have been extended; accept them and lets get on with life and let this issue die.

Well said...

Coach
05-10-2008, 03:12 PM

Thoughts?

Flames?

Anyone...?

Go to the top of any thread, you will see a place to 'Rate This Thread'.

This thread wasn't started by Guru to attack anyone. He mentioned that we was annoyed by the amount of space that the rep images took up. Screen real estate is how he referred to it if I recall correctly. It just happened that Canada and HH have the most rep, therefore the most icons. I feel comfortable speaking on behalf of Guru when I say this was not an attack on anyone. I would ask that the members of this site also pay the mods of this site the same respect by not attacking them. If you have a problem with any mod or me, then shoot me a PM and I will address it. It doesn't need to be part of a 12 page thread.

Let's all take a step back and a deep breath. I don't see anyone getting booted, and I'm not going to edit your post as we were supposed to have a filter in place to edit the swearing. The rules for swearing were in place because it was communicated to me by Coach some time back that he didn't want the site to be inundated with threads containing a lot profane language. I don't believe that enforcing a rule, something mods are charged with doing on a BB, is treating it's members like preschoolers especially when it involves content that maybe unacceptable on a site that is supposed the family oriented. As far as the rep goes it doesn't bother me to see who has what rep and recognize that it is members who dole it out to others and not them themselves. I think it is impossible to control it and think that perhaps making the rep leaders public is an issue that maybe needs to be revisited by board administration. All members here have done a good job contributing to the boards, and simply think that we all need to try and work out the differences between us that arise out of the inevitable personality clashes that come along when a BB grows into what we have in the Chiefs Crowd we see today. We need to get passed this. I know that apologies have been extended; accept them, lets get on with life and let this issue die.

Agreed. Thread Closed.