PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Herbert

kenny1937
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
We finally get an OT in the sixth round Herbert Taylor,
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/taylor_herbert,

This tells about him, He is not Staley or Ugoh, but he is an OT, what think you Crowd?

:character00255:

chief31
04-29-2007, 05:28 PM
We finally get an OT in the fifth round Taylor Herbert,
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/taylor_herbert,

This tells about him, He is not Staley or Ugoh, but he is an OT, what think you Crowd?

He is a sixth round pick, who played in the woods. He will be a long-shot to ever start an NFL game. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does well, and come to think of it, he could start, this year. Considering the lack of competition, at the OT position.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 07:43 PM
He is a sixth round pick, who played in the woods. He will be a long-shot to ever start an NFL game. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does well, and come to think of it, he could start, this year. Considering the lack of competition, at the OT position.

Same here, but is probably a project.

Chiefsfan27
04-29-2007, 09:37 PM
His name is Herbert Taylor and I think he could start next year at Right Tackle.

Chiefster
04-29-2007, 11:40 PM
His name is Herbert Taylor and I think he could start next year at Right Tackle.

He may have too whether he's ready too or not.

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 02:48 AM
He probably will have an chance to start, seeing how we are loaded at that position. (grin)

2007 DRAFT :1455:

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
He probably will have an chance to start, seeing how we are loaded at that position. (grin)

2007 DRAFT :1455:

You could be right.

kenny1937
04-30-2007, 04:54 PM
If he has a split personality, he can play both positions! (grin)

:character0011: He can do it Kid, why do you think I drafted him!!

Chiefster
04-30-2007, 11:49 PM
If he has a split personality, he can play both positions! (grin)

:character0011: He can do it Kid, why do you think I drafted him!!

Speaking of MPD; I think Ken is schetsophrenic (sp?) and so is he.

kenny1937
05-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Speaking of MPD; I think Ken is schetsophrenic (sp?) and so is he.

Hee, Hee, I am sending my Hyde personality over to your house, oops he borrowed the jeep, sorry.

:H2:

Chiefster
05-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Hee, Hee, I am sending my Hyde personality over to your house, oops he borrowed the jeep, sorry.

:H2:

Eh, bring him on. LOL!

kenny1937
05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Eh, bring him on. LOL!

I think he said something about an two hour lecture. (grin)

:H2: You misunderstood, I said four hours!!

Chiefster
05-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I think he said something about an two hour lecture. (grin)

:H2: You misunderstood, I said four hours!!

That's cool; I have my ear phones

kenny1937
05-05-2007, 07:03 PM
:character0011: Don't mess with my alter ego, kid, I can tell you that you are in a heap of trouble boy!! Hee! Hee!

Chiefster
05-06-2007, 12:42 AM
:character0011: Don't mess with my alter ego, kid, I can tell you that you are in a heap of trouble boy!! Hee! Hee!

STOP THE MADNESS!! :p
j/k

kenny1937
05-10-2007, 02:48 AM
STOP THE MADNESS!! :p
j/k

Thanks to Chief31, the madness has stopped,
:wheelchair: is gone for good, and not a minute to soon!

GO CHIEF'S!!

CHIEFCANNON
05-10-2007, 03:17 AM
Basically, I think the consensus is that the Chiefs are happy with the core group for the O-line. IMHO why no linemen on Offense sooner, with the lack of 4th rounder. Big Mistake Carl....
This guy will be a project and they tried to do something with a pick that will hopefully contrubute like some of Chiefs of old coming from the late rounds.

kenny1937
05-10-2007, 03:26 AM
Basically, I think the consensus is that the Chiefs are happy with the core group for the O-line. IMHO why no linemen on Offense sooner, with the lack of 4th rounder. Big Mistake Carl....
This guy will be a project and they tried to do something with a pick that will hopefully contrubute like some of Chiefs of old coming from the late rounds.

Yep, welcome aboard CHIEFCANNON, we hve learned tolive with projects and our GM's wait til next year frame of mind. (grin)

chief31
05-10-2007, 11:16 AM

Welcome, Chiefcannon.

I would like to say, that I love the fact that some of our greatest O-linemen have come from the later rounds, of the draft. However, when an immediate need (or two) makes itself noticable, I think you need to make a more distinct effort, to find "high-ceiling" talent, to address those needs.

Couple that with a cowardly ( my own opinion ) offensive philosophy and I feel that the offensive line, as a team section, is being mis-used.

Anyway, I was just in a sharing kind of mood.

Chiefster
05-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Welcome, Chiefcannon...

Ditto, make yourself at home. :)

kenny1937
05-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Welcome, Chiefcannon.

I would like to say, that I love the fact that some of our greatest O-linemen have come from the later rounds, of the draft. However, when an immediate need (or two) makes itself noticable, I think you need to make a more distinct effort, to find "high-ceiling" talent, to address those needs.

Couple that with a cowardly ( my own opinion ) offensive philosophy and I feel that the offensive line, as a team section, is being mis-used.

Anyway, I was just in a sharing kind of mood.

Ditto chief31, mis-used, abused, any other descriptive word you can think of, anyway I am hoping by some small miracle we actually have some offense this season. :toast2: :toast2: :fighting0030:

Chiefster
05-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Ditto chief31, mis-used, abused, any other descriptive word you can think of, anyway I am hoping by some small miracle we actually have some offense this season. :toast2: :toast2: :fighting0030:

We will it will be run, run, pass, punt.

kenny1937
05-14-2007, 09:08 PM
We will it will be run, run, pass, punt.

I guess you are probably right, there is a possibility of run, run, pass, field goal, at least that is some kind of offense, I guess I can hope for a scarce TD somewhere in the mix, sigh!

:iroc-george: :character00148:

Canada
05-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Come on guys....Tony G and LJ are still gonna score some points. Every run run pass might be 4 yards 5 yards and 35 to Tony G and then a couple more and TD. I know it isn't the Vermeil offence we all loved, but we still have a good offence and a much better Defence. I don't care how the wins come at the end of the day. We are still gonna win a lot of games. Every thread is depressing...lets not forget that the CHIEFS KICK ***!! (Sorry if I can't say *** in here) I am lookin forward to the next season on both sides of the ball. We will see what they can do in September.

Coach
05-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Come on guys....Tony G and LJ are still gonna score some points. Every run run pass might be 4 yards 5 yards and 35 to Tony G and then a couple more and TD. I know it isn't the Vermeil offence we all loved, but we still have a good offence and a much better Defence. I don't care how the wins come at the end of the day. We are still gonna win a lot of games. Every thread is depressing...lets not forget that the CHIEFS KICK ***!! (Sorry if I can't say *** in here) I am lookin forward to the next season on both sides of the ball. We will see what they can do in September.

I'm glad that I'm not the only optimist in these forums. I've said it a thousand times. Every team has holes. We have many less than most.

Chiefster
05-14-2007, 11:14 PM

Well not trying to be depressing; I just don't have a lot of hope for optimism right now regarding our chances for a successful season in "07", however, I am more optimistic about "08". True, our running back is a stud, and we have arguably the most proliphic tight end in the league both of which I enjoy watching, but their success depends greatly upon the "O" line which is at present very unproven along with an offensive game plan that does not lend itself to coming from behind quickly.

Canada
05-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Unproven...so no one knows if they are bad? We are just assuming they are. I don't think that LJ success depends greatly on the line. He can still run well behind an average line, I think they will give a QB some time to throw. And as far as the offensive game plan not being prone to making comebacks...I guess we will just have to kick *** from start to finish then and never play from behind. :)

Chiefster
05-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Unproven...so no one knows if they are bad? We are just assuming they are. I don't think that LJ success depends greatly on the line. He can still run well behind an average line, I think they will give a QB some time to throw. And as far as the offensive game plan not being prone to making comebacks...I guess we will just have to kick *** from start to finish then and never play from behind. :)

Your optimism is my moral compass. :D

Coach
05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Amen brother.

Canada
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Your optimism is my moral compass. :D
Always pointing to the Great White North!!

Chiefster
05-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Always pointing to the Great White North!!

One of my favorite shows is Strange Brew. LOL!

Canada
05-16-2007, 11:08 AM
One of the greatest movies ever eh hoser!!

Chiefster
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
One of the greatest movies ever eh hoser!!

Take off eh! :p

kenny1937
05-18-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm glad that I'm not the only optimist in these forums. I've said it a thousand times. Every team has holes. We have many less than most.

I agree with that coach, when you compare our situation year after year, there are a whole lot more teams that do not do as well as we do, I have a lot of fun with pessimism on the board, because it is easy to have fun with the smiley's. I really enjoy posting with everyone here, and while I may kid around, I am an old dyed in the wool Chief Fan, starting back with the Dallas Texans. My favorite thing to post is GO CHIEF'S BEAT (whoever we are playing next)!!

:rockon: :character0045:

Chiefster
05-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I agree with that coach, when you compare our situation year after year, there are a whole lot more teams that do not do as well as we do, I have a lot of fun with pessimism on the board, because it is easy to have fun with the smiley's. I really enjoy posting with everyone here, and while I may kid around, I am an old dyed in the wool Chief Fan, starting back with the Dallas Texans. My favorite thing to post is GO CHIEF'S BEAT (whoever we are playing next)!!

:rockon: :character0045:

Ya old kill joy! :D
j/k

kenny1937
05-21-2007, 03:39 AM
Ya old kill joy! :D
j/k

Hee, Hee, Ya got me pegged Chiefster, by the way, after watching D Ross in the NFL Europe game the other day, I think the kid has some potential, what do you think?

:schlacht: :sign0085:

Chiefster
05-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Hee, Hee, Ya got me pegged Chiefster, by the way, after watching D Ross in the NFL Europe game the other day, I think the kid has some potential, what do you think?

:schlacht: :sign0085:

Absolutely; some definite potential.

kenny1937
05-23-2007, 05:00 AM
I have hopes, that in spite of the hard feelings being harbored in the minicamp, that we can pull out of all this mess with a decent season.

GO Herm, Go Chief's, Just GO :character00179: !!

:character00179: No way Kid, I'm not going anywhere!!

Chiefster
05-23-2007, 08:52 AM
I have hopes, that in spite of the hard feelings being harbored in the minicamp, that we can pull out of all this mess with a decent season...

I think Herm is less concerned with "feelings" as he is with putting together a top notch defense and an offense that scores an average of 14-17 points per game, and that might well be a liberal estimation. JMHO